Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Delaware Regional Options
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:37:49 PM
Groups: Member

AndyHatton wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
If Hinkbert is looking for A&E it looks like they had a few (my GF is teaching an art class in Newark and I asked her to check for me since it is only a block from the class.)

Cool, I'm guessing she's at the Arts Alliance building next to the comic book store?

Yes Indeedy

If she likes hot dogs (read the rest of the sentence before you react to that one LOL ) or any kind of sausage (the hole I'm digging is getting deeper) tell her to try eating at the hot dog stand/cart one day. It's right in front of the National 5 and Dime, which is a little ways up the street from the Arts Alliance. Great food, really great. He's actually the only street vendor allowed in the city, he was apparently the only one who got a permit in the time period to be grandfathered in when they banned street vendors or somesuch.

Another place with great food is the Mexican grill by Days of Knights. I can never, EVER remember the name but it's on one corner of the intersection near DoK, diagonal from the Seasons pizza. I recommend the chimichngas! ThumpUp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:38:33 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

corranhorn wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

In the past for prizes, we've had open boxes (bought with the prize money) and then everyone picks a piece one at a time in order of finish. I think that worked well. Winners get the better pieces, but nobody walks out empty-handed. It would be easy to add the customs and the group of minis from open boxes into one group. That way the winners can choose which custom they want, or go after a VR they're missing from an open box if they prefer that. Just my $.02.

That sounds like a good idea, but three issues

1) Where are we going to find a box for anything close to MSRP? Razz
2) Even if we do, it might be hard to find a set that everyone wants. By this point after the game's end I think most of us have begun to finish up our collections.
3) I'd really rather buy at least some store credit, since that was originally the diea and what I told DoK we'd be doing.

Sorry, not boxes - just boosters. What is the store charging for the SWM boosters? If they're charging MSRP for boosters, then the prize money could buy (approximately) one booster per person in the tournament. At that rate, everyone could choose which set they wanted a booster from, assuming they had boosters for more than a couple of sets. Opening the boosters and having a draft is more likely to have people fill out their collections (picking piece by piece) and it's also more likely to even out the prizes so everyone walks away with a decent amount, while still favoring the winners.
corranhorn
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:46:23 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

In the past for prizes, we've had open boxes (bought with the prize money) and then everyone picks a piece one at a time in order of finish. I think that worked well. Winners get the better pieces, but nobody walks out empty-handed. It would be easy to add the customs and the group of minis from open boxes into one group. That way the winners can choose which custom they want, or go after a VR they're missing from an open box if they prefer that. Just my $.02.

That sounds like a good idea, but three issues

1) Where are we going to find a box for anything close to MSRP? Razz
2) Even if we do, it might be hard to find a set that everyone wants. By this point after the game's end I think most of us have begun to finish up our collections.
3) I'd really rather buy at least some store credit, since that was originally the diea and what I told DoK we'd be doing.

Sorry, not boxes - just boosters. What is the store charging for the SWM boosters? If they're charging MSRP for boosters, then the prize money could buy (approximately) one booster per person in the tournament. At that rate, everyone could choose which set they wanted a booster from, assuming they had boosters for more than a couple of sets. Opening the boosters and having a draft is more likely to have people fill out their collections (picking piece by piece) and it's also more likely to even out the prizes so everyone walks away with a decent amount, while still favoring the winners.

Ah, that makes more sense. I think that sounds good too. ThumpUp
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:52:03 PM

corranhorn wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
If Hinkbert is looking for A&E it looks like they had a few (my GF is teaching an art class in Newark and I asked her to check for me since it is only a block from the class.)

Cool, I'm guessing she's at the Arts Alliance building next to the comic book store?

Yes Indeedy

If she likes hot dogs (read the rest of the sentence before you react to that one LOL ) or any kind of sausage (the hole I'm digging is getting deeper) tell her to try eating at the hot dog stand/cart one day. It's right in front of the National 5 and Dime, which is a little ways up the street from the Arts Alliance. Great food, really great. He's actually the only street vendor allowed in the city, he was apparently the only one who got a permit in the time period to be grandfathered in when they banned street vendors or somesuch.

Another place with great food is the Mexican grill by Days of Knights. I can never, EVER remember the name but it's on one corner of the intersection near DoK, diagonal from the Seasons pizza. I recommend the chimichngas! ThumpUp

She does like hot dogs though as she goes to school in the Midwest so she likes Chicago style hot dogs which have all this weirdness. And I'll have to tell her about the Mexican place too. Her class is at a bit of an awkward time so she will have to get dinner either super early or super late but she will appreciate the tips. ThumbsUp
Hinkbert
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:16:42 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:
corranhorn wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:

Yes Indeedy

She does like hot dogs though as she goes to school in the Midwest so she likes Chicago style hot dogs which have all this weirdness. And I'll have to tell her about the Mexican place too. Her class is at a bit of an awkward time so she will have to get dinner either super early or super late but she will appreciate the tips. ThumbsUp

Personally I like Homegrown myself, but that's probably because I'm a vegan. But my non-vegan friends like it too.

Anyway I think store credit is a good way to go that way people are free to choose what they want and that store has lots of options.
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:58:04 PM

Hinkbert wrote:

Personally I like Homegrown myself, but that's probably because I'm a vegan. But my non-vegan friends like it too.

Oh is there a Vegan restaurant? I'm a vegetarian so anything along those lines is always very welcome.
corranhorn
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:41:49 AM

I have to say I've never cared for Homegrown, but that's probably because I'm not a vegan. Tongue
Hinkbert
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:33:24 AM

corranhorn wrote:
I have to say I've never cared for Homegrown, but that's probably because I'm not a vegan. Tongue

It's definitely not for everyone, but it is great for vegetarians/vegans. It's where I plan to go after the event. Heck, it's one of the main reasons I go down to Newark for events in the first place.
corranhorn
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 5:20:45 AM

Speaking of places to eat: Guys, JFTR, there's a Burger King and a Seasons right across the street from the game room's parking lot. People tend to get takeout there for lunch as it's so close. Just a heads up in case you think it's for you.
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:31:25 AM

Hinkbert wrote:
corranhorn wrote:

It's definitely not for everyone, but it is great for vegetarians/vegans. It's where I plan to go after the event. Heck, it's one of the main reasons I go down to Newark for events in the first place.

I just looked up the menu, that place looks great.
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:26:25 AM

MI guys are out unfortunately.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:10:49 AM

I've just seen this now. I'm looking into it, and hopefully I'll be able to come. Right now this is the info I've been able to glean from this thread so far:

COST: $15.00
DATE & TIME: July 27, starting at 10:30 am (10:00 registration)
MAPLIST: Tatooine (List B)
WHERE: The Days of Knights
173 East Main Street
Newark, DE 19711

Is that all correct? Please let me know if I've got something wrong. I'm hoping I can make it work.
AndyHatton
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:19:21 AM

That all looks right to me, though CorranHorn can confirm or deny If I'm wrong.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 10:43:20 AM

Utinni! Force is with me: it looks like I can make it!

How many other people are currently planning to come?

EDIT: Also, I can help Judge if you'd like; I can also easily run the Pairing Software, since I'm familiar with it after running the Vassal Regional.
AndyHatton
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 11:11:32 AM

If you are willing to run the pairing software that would be great. I had volunteered but I'm unfamiliar with it, and was concerned it wouldnt run right. Not sure about judging though I haven't heard anyone mention it yet, so that would also be great if you are willing, I'm sure (though again CorranHorn can confirm or deny the judge situation, but more judges is never bad in case of emergencies)

He also probably has a solid estimate
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 12:42:40 PM

The pairing software is actually easy to run. We'll just need to be sure that we've got the most recent version (2.0.8):
http://www.swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16309
AndyHatton
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:08:07 PM

I did get it to work after some tinkering the other day, but I had to take some
Odd steps to install it on my Mac and I was more afraid it would just decide to not work day of tournament (or if it got updated and I couldn't get that version to work.) I can still bring my laptop just in case.
corranhorn
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:38:46 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
I've just seen this now. I'm looking into it, and hopefully I'll be able to come. Right now this is the info I've been able to glean from this thread so far:

COST: $15.00
DATE & TIME: July 27, starting at 10:30 am (10:00 registration)
MAPLIST: Tatooine (List B)
WHERE: The Days of Knights
173 East Main Street
Newark, DE 19711

Is that all correct? Please let me know if I've got something wrong. I'm hoping I can make it work.

Yup, that's all correct! Any other info you need? I'm still new at this. Tongue

corranhorn
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:41:22 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Utinni! Force is with me: it looks like I can make it!

ThumbsUp
Quote:

How many other people are currently planning to come?

Can't say I have a solid estimate yet, as a few people have mentioned that a few players from their playgroup might show. Lemme go tally up all the mentions I've seen.

Quote:

EDIT: Also, I can help Judge if you'd like; I can also easily run the Pairing Software, since I'm familiar with it after running the Vassal Regional.

That would be fantastic, on both counts! Thanks!
corranhorn
Posted: Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:56:13 PM

Attendee list as of now - names are present when I'm not sure of the username of the person

Jason and Lou from Michigan - possibly - Darth Jim told me they contacted him about coming tand staying with him, as they do for his local regional, not sure whether that panned out

thereisnotry - definitely

corranhorn/Tim/the dude writin' this post - definitely, unless I'm hit by a bus or AndyHatton's girlfriend attacks me Razz

Tim's friend - maybe

Andy's mysterious friends - 1 maybe, leaning towards probably, 1 unknown

FlyingArrow - most likely

AndyHatton - definitely

DARPH NADER - not sure that he's given an updated status (I might have missed it), possible

Other guys from DN's playgroup - possible

Hink/Josh - definitely

Darth Jim - will be there in spirit. He's been an enormous help to me in setting this up. Thanks man!

Did I miss anyone?