RegisterDonateLogin

Is now the ultimate power in the galaxy.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Do you think that Mace Windu should be in ep7?
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes, on the light side 6 18.750000 %
Yes, on the dark side 1 3.125000 %
Only as a force spirit 10 31.250000 %
No 15 46.875000 %

Mace Windu in Ep7 Options
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Monday, July 1, 2013 11:13:04 AM
Groups: Member

I found out that Samuel Jackson wants to be in the ep7 coming out. The producers aren't the most keen on it, but it's still undecided, because Mace Windu's return could cause a bit of a commotion and ruin ep7 if fans don't like the idea of a jedi going into hiding for 3 episodes.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, July 1, 2013 11:40:28 AM

N O oo Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, July 1, 2013 11:43:11 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I like the idea of a flashback or a force spirit.

I even like the idea of Mace being in hiding - it was just some lightning and a fall. He should have been able to survive it. But he should have come out of hiding at the latest after RotJ. He didn't. Too late. If he's a live in Ep7, that's terrible.
MaliciousCrumb
Posted: Monday, July 1, 2013 4:36:35 PM

My opinion on it is that he should be a light spirit or as flying arrow said, a flashback.
Only as an alive character if they have a real good reason for him not to have shown up in eps 4-6.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:05:25 AM

I could see him going into hiding if he was injured - afterall being a jedi when jedi are being hunted tracking down a medic to help might not be the easiest thing for an injured person to do on the Imperial Capital. Then being injured for a prolonged period of time he'd be in no condition to fight the Empire.

This is an only a "how to do it in the most acceptable fashion, if they have him living" scenario imho.
pastorbudwine@mac.com
Posted: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:14:00 AM

The emperor could have put him in Stasis and was just found kinda cheesy but it has been done before in the star wars universe
SignerJ
Posted: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 7:45:37 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:

I even like the idea of Mace being in hiding - it was just some lightning and a fall. He should have been able to survive it. But he should have come out of hiding at the latest after RotJ. He didn't. Too late. If he's a live in Ep7, that's terrible.

Yoda didn't come out of hiding. Kenobi hid until Luke confronted the Empire. What's so difficult with Mace? It's very well possible that he was so injured from the lightning and the fall that he was out of "the news" for a while and thus thought all of the Jedi were dead -- especially Kenobi and Yoda. He knew from experience that he couldn't defeat both Vader and Palpatine, so maybe he went to the Unknown Regions and didn't hear any news for a while?

Just saying, it doesn't necessarily have to be bad storytelling for him to be alive in Ep. 7.
dreadtech
Posted: Tuesday, July 2, 2013 3:53:04 PM

I voted no, but I guess as a flashback scene it could work.

Mace in hiding for what 30+ years or as a force spirit IMO would not work.
qvos
Posted: Saturday, July 6, 2013 6:56:38 AM

It would be awesome to see Mace, Maybe in an old Holoimage from R2D2!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, July 6, 2013 8:24:54 AM

Mace not showing up in the movies is okay, but he didn't show up anywhere in the EU, either. I know Ep7 won't be restricted in the details of the EU, but I'm still holding out hope that the broad strokes of the EU will hold up (major wars, major characters' appearances, deaths, etc).

Mace's potential appearance also depends on the setting of Episode 7. If it's post-Fate of the Jedi as I hope, it's time for Luke to pass the baton. If Luke is 50 or 60 at that point, then Mace would be... 90 or 100? Even granting that Jedi live longer than normal people, that's getting up there. But if they decide to just re-work the original plot (as movies tend to do it seems), Luke could play Obi-Wan's part while Mace plays Yoda's part.
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 11:12:47 AM

So yes. Light side, because his character is much less interesting if he ever falls to the dark side. He's all about remaining on the knife's edge of the Force. And he's just awesome.
Cassus fett
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 12:24:50 PM

I voted force spirit, but I really wanted to say NO. If he's back and not one i'm going to be very unhappy
SignerJ
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 1:45:35 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Mace not showing up in the movies is okay, but he didn't show up anywhere in the EU, either. I know Ep7 won't be restricted in the details of the EU, but I'm still holding out hope that the broad strokes of the EU will hold up (major wars, major characters' appearances, deaths, etc).

Mace's potential appearance also depends on the setting of Episode 7. If it's post-Fate of the Jedi as I hope, it's time for Luke to pass the baton. If Luke is 50 or 60 at that point, then Mace would be... 90 or 100? Even granting that Jedi live longer than normal people, that's getting up there. But if they decide to just re-work the original plot (as movies tend to do it seems), Luke could play Obi-Wan's part while Mace plays Yoda's part.

The important thing to remember is that the EU and the movies are two separate universes. Unless Disney changes that, the EU will still hold even when the movies choose to go a completely different way (which they will).
Bubba Fett
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 6:32:12 PM

As long as it fits with the canon, I old say I wouldn't mind a force spirit. Or maybe they could find him as a very old, dying man just barely surviving the vong war in the unknown regions. Either would be fine with me but I wouldnt want him to have too much affect on the storyline since he would be pretty old for a human by this time. Especially after seeing how frail obi was in a fight at least a decade before the setting of the new episode 7. Just my opinion to give him a more worthy death than falling out a window. He kinda got screwed on that deal.
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 6:57:40 PM

Mace in Episode 7? No. Thank. You.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:44:30 PM

Yeah, absolutely. Use enough makeup to give him that old guy Morgan Freeman look, hook him up with a purple walker, and turn him loose on the galaxy.
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 12:57:18 PM

Darth_Jim wrote:
Yeah, absolutely. Use enough makeup to give him that old guy Morgan Freeman look, hook him up with a purple walker, and turn him loose on the galaxy.

This Party's...over....look at how late it is! 7 o'clock already?
gwek
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 1:02:18 PM

For the record, I don't think Morgan Freeman uses makeup to get "that old guy Morgan Freeman look"... I think that's just age.

Speaking of age, it should not be a factor. Qui-Gon Jin is over 60 years old in Episode I, and Dooku is at least in his 80s. Both of them have a lot of life left in them.

I'd be happy to see Mace alive. I've always had a fond dream that if the live action series got running, we'd see an ongoing story arc where the characters are looking for this mysterious behind-the-scenes guerilla leader (almost like a positive Kurtz). In the season finale, they finally track him down, and out of the shadows, floats a ragged, broken figure in a hover-chair. Close-in on Mace Windu's scarred face and cut to "TO BE CONTINUED."

But I digress... All the talk of "Why would he stay in hiding after RotJ" is moot. The Expanded Universe has always basically been paid fanfic, so until we see what the movies establish, currently, absolutely nothing after RotJ is set in any kind of stone. We could discover retroactively that Mace Windu was on Coruscant, boogeying down with his bad self when the fireworks were going and the statue of the Emperor was being topped.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 1:09:37 PM

Didn't like that one? Okay then, channel 'Army of Darkness' and give him a metal hand which can detach and be replaced with a purple chain saw. Make him mobile in his old age with an Oldsmobile with spinning helicopter blades of death.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2629239065/
DARPH NADER
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 5:50:07 PM

Darth_Jim wrote:
Didn't like that one? Okay then, channel 'Army of Darkness' and give him a metal hand which can detach and be replaced with a purple chain saw. Make him mobile in his old age with an Oldsmobile with spinning helicopter blades of death.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2629239065/

This is my boomstick!