RegisterDonateLogin

I would not eat them with some Wookiees. I do not like Bloo Milk and cookies!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Jedi Academy FULL SET LIST!!!!!!!!! Options
LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 8:39:12 AM
Groups: Member

Urza Planeswalker Jedi Master wrote:
I sure hope everyone's Lightsabers and Staffs and what not are straiter than those pictured here. That guy must have stuffed them somewhere really tight to smuggle them out.

Eh, they get stuffed into the boosters too. :P Hopefully some of those will have the little plastic protective things though.

Honestly though, just get yourself two small, microwave safe bowls. Take one bowl, fill it with water about an inch or so deep, microwave it for a couple minutes (not till it's boiling, but does need to be hot). Then put 3 or 4 ice cubes in the other bowl with some water.

Dip the mini in the hot water till it's obvious the lightsaber is a bit flimsy (dip just the saber if you can). Take it out, straighten with your fingers, dip in the ice water. Takes...oh....about 10 seconds to fix each mini. And they stay MUCH better after fixing them that way. Works AWESOME.

I've even done that to fix minis that are bent at the legs, or to reposition an arm on a custom. Pretty sweet how easy it works.

twinrevans wrote:
Is anyone else disappointed that after the incredible remake that Kyle, JBM was, we get another version in Kyle, CI? This spot could have been reserved for a remake of Corran Horn, Saba Sebatyne, or of course Jaina, SotJ. I understand the need to redo Leia from LotF, she was terrible. I just don't see the need for this piece.

Well, since he'll probably be a Commander, it means we'll have to make a choice between which Kyle to run. I know a lot of people were semi-disappointed that the LOTF Kyle didn't have any sort of ability or CE to boost other NR Jedi, since he was the main combat instructor in Luke's Academy. So my guess is that Rob made two versions for the LOTF Kyle, then they settled on JBM and decided to leave CI for a later set.

With all the other EU pieces that are not very well known in this set (Dark Woman, Plagueis, Kol Skywalker, etc.) they need to include at least a few 'fan boy' pieces to help sell it well. I'm not going to complain too much.

Maybe we'll see Saba and Jaina SOTJ in Galaxy at War instead, if that one does end up including some stuff from the 2nd Galactic Civil War.
Volvagia14
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 8:47:24 AM

awesome, I was hoping Master K'kruhk would be republic.
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 8:57:05 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The Leia Skywalker bothers me on different levels. Wanted a Jaina and the figure looks more Jaina than Leia being younger and all. Not to mention the name problem.

I think I will chalk that issue up to translation error on the part of the guy in China.

And why does GM Yoda look so feeble? That bother anyone else?
Dead horse
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 8:59:37 AM

Volvagia14 wrote:
awesome, I was hoping Master K'kruhk would be republic.

I really hope he's got new republic afffinity. Not that I play NR, but they need all the help they can get.
LoboStele
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:00:25 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
The Leia Skywalker bothers me on different levels. Wanted a Jaina and the figure looks more Jaina than Leia being younger and all. Not to mention the name problem.

Haha, I hadn't even noticed that. Technically, Leia didn't become a Jedi Knight until quite a while after she'd been married to Han. So yeah, that really doesn't make any sense at all. Interesting. Certainly some possibility that there are still some errors with this list then.
monni316
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:01:38 AM

Very cool ... hoping the Exile is powerfully designed BigGrin
awesome
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:06:04 AM

I hate how they made Bandon a UC non-unique crappy piece, Ive been wanting to see a darth bandon, but sadly I dont think there will be one though.

I was right with sid and maul being sith(I is happy)
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:09:58 AM

awesome wrote:
I hate how they made Bandon a UC non-unique crappy piece, Ive been wanting to see a darth bandon, but sadly I dont think there will be one though.

I don't think it's bad they made him a non-unique. When I fought him in the game he lasted less than twenty seconds, and they didn't give him much backstory. I think he's perfect as a non-unique.
yodaccm
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:22:06 AM

I don't get all the Jedi Exile love here, but whatever. Set looks good. You can't go wrong with a bunch of new Jedi...ever!
monni316
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:45:04 AM

yodaccm wrote:
I don't get all the Jedi Exile love here, but whatever.

I think the KotOR games were a love 'em or hate 'em type of deal. Me? Well, still play 'em even today.
awesome
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:52:16 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
awesome wrote:

I don't think it's bad they made him a non-unique. When I fought him in the game he lasted less than twenty seconds, and they didn't give him much backstory. I think he's perfect as a non-unique.

yeah he didnt last very long, but Id rather them make a new CHEAP usable unique with a new force power or is just so cheap that the other team is like, dang it I dont want to take him out he is basically worthless.

I mean, even the non-uniques(not including the troopers) are so dang expensive,
I mean a sith master for 29 points or a murouder for 22. those are hard to play with.

and they suck.
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:58:52 AM

awesome wrote:

yeah he didnt last very long, but Id rather them make a new CHEAP usable unique with a new force power or is just so cheap that the other team is like, dang it I dont want to take him out he is basically worthless.

I mean, even the non-uniques(not including the troopers) are so dang expensive,
I mean a sith master for 29 points or a murouder for 22. those are hard to play with.

and they suck.

I think they are costed right. With the newer Malak they get that boost to attack. The sith in general are lacking good commanders, that's what makes them hard to play. I think a more aggressively costed non-unique will help that out (though I don't know what the stats of Bandon-guy are, good or bad).

Durge Dude
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:01:31 AM

No Jaina Sword of the JediCursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing
this list better be wrong or WotC is getting lots of hate mail from me
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:07:46 AM

Durge Dude wrote:
No Jaina Sword of the JediCursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing
this list better be wrong or WotC is getting lots of hate mail from me

If she were not coming out in this set, she may be coming out in a future set. They have put single NR peices out in a set before. I think we still need a Ben Skywalker. Don't know when we'll see him either. Probably next year if we are lucky.
twinjedi
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:13:42 AM

why isn't Ben Skywalker in this set Confused
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:17:07 AM

twinjedi wrote:

No idea besides they said he wasn't going to be out this year. Maybe they are waiting for his character to develop more in the books. He is only fourteen and pretty uber, so maybe if they wait a few more years and he comes into adulthood with more powers his peice would be more interesting.

I'm all for a Ben Skywalker, Assassin. Kid kills two politcal leaders, he is going to need to have a gun IMO.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:40:19 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
twinjedi wrote:

No idea besides they said he wasn't going to be out this year. Maybe they are waiting for his character to develop more in the books. He is only fourteen and pretty uber, so maybe if they wait a few more years and he comes into adulthood with more powers his peice would be more interesting.

I'm all for a Ben Skywalker, Assassin. Kid kills two politcal leaders, he is going to need to have a gun IMO.

From what I hear, they plan the sets out a year ahead of time. So, at the time they were planning this set... Ben hadn't really done a whole lot. That sucks, cause I want one really bad as well. Probably next year, or if they decide to make some last minute changes this year... doubtful though...
Lord ZOS
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:42:05 AM

I think that there is some misinformation on the names of this set. That is definately NOT Leia. I'm sure somebody looked at the box w/Jaina on it and mistakenly thought it was Leia... and well the rest is easy to imagine...
Gemini1179
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:53:28 AM

awesome wrote:

We got a Visas Marr didn't we? You might get your Bandon sometime in the future.
yodaccm
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 12:12:11 PM

monni316 wrote:

I think the KotOR games were a love 'em or hate 'em type of deal. Me? Well, still play 'em even today.

I appreciate the games as much as anyone and had fun playing them. But when it comes to dynamic Star Wars characters, Jedi Exile is kind of lacking. Granted, it's a video game where you take on the role and you put your own personality into the character and KoTOR 2 was rushed out and was incomplete, etc. I just think it is strange to make a unique character out of a basic template with no real defined characterization other than her physical journey in the game. I mean, what are her signature powers? Traits? Abilities? I can't really think of any other than severing herself from the Force, which wouldn't be a good power in the game. At least Revan had a name!

Nonetheless, I will be interested in seeing how Wizards handle her.