Jedi Academy FULL SET LIST!!!!!!!!! Options
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 12:01:40 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Pretty sure it is the 30th.
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 1:42:09 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The 30th is only listed in one place, right? I thought the most common release date list was the 16th? I hope it's the 16th still, it would be a bummer to have to wait an extra two weeks for the set to come out, but it is possible for it to be pushed back.
Omnus
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 1:51:49 PM
Groups: Member

It's very odd...

B&N - 30th
Target - 30th
Amazon - 30th

Coolstuffin.com - 16th
trollandtoad.com - 16th
dacardworld.com - 16th
yahoo shopping -16th

at first I was thinking all the card/minis websites had 16th and the larger corps had 30th. then yahoo messed up that logic.
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 2:40:49 PM

Omnus wrote:
It's very odd...

B&N - 30th
Target - 30th
Amazon - 30th

Coolstuffin.com - 16th
trollandtoad.com - 16th
dacardworld.com - 16th
yahoo shopping -16th

at first I was thinking all the card/minis websites had 16th and the larger corps had 30th. then yahoo messed up that logic.

I was wrong about it being only one place, and it is looking more likely to be released later in June. I hope they don't decide to alter any further and keep it within the month of June.
Bantha_Rawk
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 4:05:47 PM

I, too, have seen June 30th... the 16th was the original date, but the latest I have seen it is the 30th... But the CWMP II still comes out on the 16th IIRC...

Also, we should have some JA stats within the next week...Wink
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 4:14:35 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Bantha_Rawk wrote:
I, too, have seen June 30th... the 16th was the original date, but the latest I have seen it is the 30th... But the CWMP II still comes out on the 16th IIRC...

Here's hoping. The set has me excited. So many sabers. OR gets their version of a Battlemaster. Skywalkers galore. VONG. So many goodies.
Bantha_Rawk
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 4:19:55 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Bantha_Rawk wrote:

Here's hoping. The set has me excited. So many sabers. OR gets their version of a Battlemaster. Skywalkers galore. VONG. So many goodies.

Yes, it all looks great, but the "Skywalkers galore" is what I am most excited about...
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 4:44:56 PM

Sithborg wrote:
Bantha_Rawk wrote:

I hope those Vong do something for the faction. Give me a good reason to play them more often. I think they could use a Mas type figure for their CEs, the mouse droid is a bother to make follow all around. Especially for key intiative wins.
awesome
Posted: Saturday, May 9, 2009 8:15:22 AM

I love this set already, it has 3 vr sith and a rare, I am upset that bandon is not bandon,
the sith master better be good, not just a reprint.

the vong FINALLY get new pieces, they better be like the jedi hunter,

Yeah, finally there is a sith cultist and reborn.

Guitardrumr
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 3:11:06 AM

yodaccm wrote:
monni316 wrote:

I think the KotOR games were a love 'em or hate 'em type of deal. Me? Well, still play 'em even today.

I appreciate the games as much as anyone and had fun playing them. But when it comes to dynamic Star Wars characters, Jedi Exile is kind of lacking. Granted, it's a video game where you take on the role and you put your own personality into the character and KoTOR 2 was rushed out and was incomplete, etc. I just think it is strange to make a unique character out of a basic template with no real defined characterization other than her physical journey in the game. I mean, what are her signature powers? Traits? Abilities? I can't really think of any other than severing herself from the Force, which wouldn't be a good power in the game. At least Revan had a name!

Nonetheless, I will be interested in seeing how Wizards handle her.

Actually, even with the horribly botched storyline, there is one important thing that was constant throughout the game, and I hope WoTc doesn't butcher.

The Exile was a great leader. She was able to lead others into action, even against their own better judgment (best displayed by playing Dark Side, and having Bao Dur with light side mastery committing random acts of violence). That was the whole theme of the game, that the Exile created force bonds easily, allowing her to lead others where they wouldn't normally go.

I can see this fig having a great commander effect, either for uniques or just straight allies (what, with the OR Battlemaster in the same set).
yodaccm
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 7:40:44 AM

I'll give you that. My friend is now playing KoTOR2 and he is amazed at how many bugs there are on the PC version, even with patches, et al. Somehow, it still is a good game despite its rushed feeling. Imagine how great it would have been if they could have really put the time needed into the game.

Anyway, back to topic. I would imagine the Exile would have a commander effect. It would be a waste for her not to have one, esp. with the explanation given by Guitardrumr.
Omnus
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 7:47:55 AM

Omnus wrote:
It's very odd...

B&N - 30th
Target - 30th
Amazon - 30th

Coolstuffin.com - 16th
trollandtoad.com - 16th
dacardworld.com - 16th
yahoo shopping -16th

Confirmed date from wotc as the 30th.
madslaust
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2009 8:28:03 AM

Omnus wrote:
Omnus wrote:
It's very odd...

B&N - 30th
Target - 30th
Amazon - 30th

Coolstuffin.com - 16th
trollandtoad.com - 16th
dacardworld.com - 16th
yahoo shopping -16th

Confirmed date from wotc as the 30th.

I can live with that. Two more weeks to save up monies.