RegisterDonateLogin

Don't worry, she'll hold together. Hear me, baby? Hold together.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

GameHoleCon Nov 1-3 in Madison, WI Options
Chargers
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:06:48 AM
Groups: Member

Come join us for some Star Wars Minis fun! We have a number of events over the three days -- mostly some skirmish, but also some X-Wing.

See www.gameholecon.com for more info and to register for the con and specific games.

X-Wing, Swiss tournament, 100 pts, for up to 32 players
Star Wars Minis, Swiss tournament (prelim rounds), 200 pts, for up to 32 players
Star Wars Minis, Swiss tournament (finals), 200 pts, 4 players
Star Wars Minis, Tile Wars format, 200 pts, for up to 32 players
Star Wars Minis, Royal Rumble format, 3x100 pts, for up to 32 players
Star Wars Minis, Assassin! format, 100 pts duos, for up to 32 players
Bubba Fett
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:22:13 PM

What!? More minis in WI. Yes! Is this like another regional or just a 3 day hangout?
Bubba Fett
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:31:54 PM

Also, do u have to register ahead or can u just show up? Thanks.
Galactic Funk
Posted: Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:25:10 PM

It's not a Regional its a gaming convention being held at the Sheraton in Madison, WI. Follow the link that Tim posted to get more details. We basically just entered several events that we wanted to run over the course of the weekend. We are still waiting on confirmation of time slots but the events posted are confirmed.

This is the first ever Game Hole Con so I can't tell you exactly what that will be like but for anyone not familiar Madison itself is a great town. This location is just down the road from the downtown Capitol area. Lots of great restaurants and a fantastic brew pub.

This should be a very fun weekend so mark your calendars!
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:05:59 AM

Galactic Funk wrote:
We are still waiting on confirmation of time slots but the events posted are confirmed.

Times are confirmed and available on the registration page.

Bubba Fett wrote:
Also, do u have to register ahead or can u just show up? Thanks.

We are running the SWM events at the Con being organized by others, so we have to follow their rules. Yes, you should register for games to ensure your participation. I'll ask about what we can do about walk-ins.

UPDATE:
Yes, players do need to register for events. The easiest way to do it is to pre-register. You can buy a badge and then select and pay for games through the Con site. This way you know that you are in a given game once you have a ticket for it.

The other alternative is buying badges and game tickets the day of. There certainly will be a lot of people who do this. This means filing out the registration stuff on-site, paying for the badge, then going to the games desk to see what games are still available. If there are still tickets available for a given game, players can buy that ticket. (Game tickets are cheap by the way $1 or $2 usually.) If players walk up to our tables without a game ticket, we will have to send them back to get one.

Due to the swarm of people, certainly on Saturday, pre-registration is the way to go. That way, you just stop off, give your name, and you are handed a bag with your badge, your game tickets, and a schedule of your events. Also, weekend badges are $35 in pre-registration and $40 on site.
Bubba Fett
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 6:06:33 AM

Oh. Well looking at the link helped. Dah Razz. Hmm, I'll have to see if i can make it. It looks like fun.
ducard
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:05:59 AM

Would the qc group be welcome to come to this event?
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:04:31 AM

All players* are welcome to join the fun. We'd love to fill up the sessions.

Sidenote: We're trying to get some prize support from the sponsors. The more people that pre-register, we should have more luck getting swag.

* Even Kez is invited to join us. I'll leave a badge and game tickets for you at "Will Call." Laugh
harryg
Posted: Friday, September 6, 2013 1:41:47 PM

Can't come. School and whatnot. :(
engineer
Posted: Saturday, September 7, 2013 11:25:32 PM

Contact me if you need v sets or promos. They are sitting in my living room in boxes.
Chargers
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 12:37:58 PM

Just a reminder that pre-registration is open until Oct 15. After that, you spend some of your time in line when you arrive ... and that is precious gaming time. Smile

We've had quite a few people express interest, now we just need you to sign up. ThumpUp
Chargers
Posted: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:24:56 PM

One week to go for pre-registration. That saves you a bunch of time waiting in line. And it helps us know how many to plan for.

Hope to see everybody there.
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 1:26:32 PM

Sorry, no way I can make it up there Unsure . I was gonna try to make a bid to go to MinisMania, but TheUltraStar had to cancel the event due partly to a death in the family Crying
Galactic Funk
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:08:43 PM

Quick update. The new Bounty Hunter Challenge cards will be legal for the 200 point tournament (and Tile Wars) at this event.

Seeing as many attendees will not have attended Gen Con to have acquired the Dooku or Yoda, Hero of Geonosis cards I asked Echo24 if he would be nice enough to upload them onto www.swmresources.com and he has already updated the Bounty Hunter Challenge download link. Thanks again Daniel!

So if you are planning on coming and want to use one of those characters go ahead and print a copy off.
Chargers
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 6:11:20 AM

If you were on the fence about attending ...

We'll have the first FULL STAT previews for the next v-set.
Galactic Funk
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:30:09 AM

Getting really excited for this weekend!

Quick update on events and schedule.

The Saturday 200 point tournament Swiss rounds will be held during a 1:30pm - 6:30pm time slot. The top 4 after Swiss will square off during the 7:00pm - 9:30pm time slot. Everyone not in the top 4 will be squaring off in some Tile Wars fun! We will have some extra maps and Tiles for anyone to borrow (so long as you treat them nice!) if you don't have them. Tile Wars is also a 200 point format.

Initially there was a bug in the Game Hole Con system that didn't allow you to sign up for the 9:30pm - midnight time slot in which we will be playing Royal Rumble and it wasn't fixed until late in the pre-registration process. As of now I don't know how many people plan to stick around that late but as of now it is still a go. For that format you will need (3) duos that each can be up to 100 points (under 100 is fine). No faction restrictions so feel free to pair up Vong w/ OR, Sith w/ Republic characters. Get creative and have fun!

If you have questions about any of these formats please check the links posted or pm me (Galactic Funk) or Chargers.

A couple other things concerning logistics. First, do whatever you can to have your squads totally set beforehand including writing down your point costs and everything. We will have signup sheets for you to fill out but the quicker we get everything from you the quicker we can get pairings set and the dice rolling!

Also it was announced recently that the organizers of Game Hole Con have arranged for local Madison food carts to be set up in the hotel parking lot to give you multiple quick food options on site. As many of you know who have attended tournaments it makes things really nice if you can get food easily and quickly throughout the day.

Lastly, if you have pre-registered you will need to pick up your badge and any event tickets you have signed up for. If you have not pre-registered you will need to buy a badge for the day (or weekend if you plan to be there more than 1 day). Badge cost for the day is $20. Event tickets are required to play in our events. Cost is $3 for the Swiss rounds (1:30-6:30), $2 for Final 4/Tile Wars slot (7-9:30), and $2 for the Royal Rumble (9:30-midnight). That being said, arrive early to get those things taken care of, walk around and check out the convention, eat some lunch and come check in with us so we can get things going.

Based upon who I have talked to it looks like we have a really awesome group of people coming in for this from multiple surrounding states! Looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great day of mini's!

Oh and if you play X-wing we have a 7pm - midnight time slot Friday night. Room blocks may be gone but the last I checked room rates were still very reasonable!
Galactic Funk
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:37:00 AM

Helpful links:

For current Floor Rules and Map list check out:
http://www.swmresources.com/

Tile Wars thread and rules:
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7032&sid=9f1475ba711305ac4f9029660a82dee2

Royal Rumble thread and rules:
http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9281&sid=3ec2f6c820ad0b455aadfdbb9a067d67

Note: for the 200 point regular tournament Map list A,B and C shall be legal. The new 100 point Bounty Hunter Challenge cards of Yoda and Dooku are also legal for this event. Check out swmresources to download if you didn't get a promo from GenCon.
Chargers
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 6:52:43 PM

Galactic Funk wrote:
Note: for the 200 point regular tournament Map list A,B and C shall be legal. The new 100 point Bounty Hunter Challenge cards of Yoda and Dooku are also legal for this event. Check out swmresources to download if you didn't get a promo from GenCon.

Actually, the Standard Map List is being used as noted on the GHC events list. We'd left it more open so that all players (including those players who may be less experienced with the tournament format or those who are in the Madison area and have been away from the game for a while but who may be at the Con) can join in and participate.
engineer
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2013 4:00:15 AM

Urbanjedi and I are leaving in a few hours from Michigan.
Mando
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2013 10:55:11 AM

Any word yet as to how many people are going to attend? I wonder if it will excede the Wisconsin Regional turnout that we had this year....that'd be awesome!