RegisterDonateLogin

No rogue is more charismatic than this gambler and soldier of fortune.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

THANK YOU EARWIG!!! (the rest of the stats HERE) Options
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 11:02:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

The Jensaari may seem pricey, but I believe he is costed correctly. Very beefy, with Lightsaber immune Dark Armor. And now add in that he is a Fringe follower. You have any idea just how badly he can be boosted? Very good piece.

Disciple of Ragnos is really cool. Super cheap Lightning 2 is going to be rough.

Lol at Internal Strife.
bigbro911
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 11:19:00 AM
Groups: Member

DaddyCool wrote:
The Death Watch Raider is just what I've been hoping for. More stunning power for mandos (via czerka ofc), so those scouts can get opportunist more reliably.

Really? I just don't see him being as good as other Mandos in his price range...

I was hoping for a single digit cost myself ;)
awesome
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 12:11:26 PM

The Jensaari sucks, his price is way too much, for 45 you could get a good commander and/or a good attacker,

the new malak is only 4 points away from that, and is waaaay better.
joelker41
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 12:54:57 PM

awesome wrote:
The Jensaari sucks, his price is way too much, for 45 you could get a good commander and/or a good attacker,

the new malak is only 4 points away from that, and is waaaay better.

45 I believe while a few points over is actually VERY fair for a figure of that Calibre. With it being Fringe is has the ability to be given GOWK's CE, both Thrawn's CEs (oh goodness....), Jabba CL, can be put in a Nom Bomb squad (ouch), can be in a faction with Holosid, Palpy Throne, Yoda of Dagobah, and potentially GM Yoda if he is a Force Battery.

I wouldn't say it is that overcosted when the potential is there to make it ridiculously cool, even more than it is. Just imagine that thing Greater Mobiling on a Rebel/NR squad..... *shudders*
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 1:39:46 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

A 21 base defense on a non-unique is AMAZING. It makes Boba Fett cry. Add in the numerous ways for a non-unique follower to get stat boosts, and yeah, he will be rough to hit. Perfect for Draw Fire, which is highly underestimated. Some real fun combos can be made with him. And we don't know the full set yet.
Partof1
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 1:56:52 PM

Yay Jensaari!
Jonnyb815
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 2:00:26 PM

wow the r4 astromech droid is amazing if its just target. if it replaces attacks the droid is still great but but not as amazing as moving 12 and doing it.
Tirade
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 2:18:02 PM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
wow the r4 astromech droid is amazing if its just target. if it replaces attacks the droid is still great but but not as amazing as moving 12 and doing it.

As I have said before, I really miss the booster inserts.
lukey84
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 2:32:49 PM

what if it is a major typo?
Tirade
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 2:33:45 PM

lukey84 wrote:

Could be. There have been mistakes to the miniature bases before now. Until I see the card, it still could be Jaina.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 2:56:32 PM

Tirade wrote:
lukey84 wrote:

Could be. There have been mistakes to the miniature bases before now. Until I see the card, it still could be Jaina.

I'm right there with you on that one brother...
kenred2
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 3:00:48 PM

Could be worse.... situations like 181 Imperial pilot made out to be Elite AT-AT driver.... as well as Leia, could made out to be Jaina Solo
Tirade
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 3:03:20 PM

kenred2 wrote:
Could be worse.... situations like 181 Imperial pilot made out to be Elite AT-AT driver.... as well as Leia, could made out to be Jaina Solo

We shall see. Bantha has a booster on the way. He should be getting it either tomorrow or Wednesday. Plus I bought another booster from that original HK seller. Might have some more stats to spoil by Saturday.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 3:55:34 PM

Wow! I am shocked at how good the Death Watch Raider is for the points, even if he has built-in Betrayal.
kenred2
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 3:59:32 PM

mercenary_moose wrote:
Wow! I am shocked at how good the Death Watch Raider is for the points, even if he has built-in Betrayal.

I don't know... I think it's the other way around. If you roll an attack of a 1... it goes to your opponent's squad... Glare
Tirade
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 4:16:30 PM

mercenary_moose wrote:

Ummm, is this sarcasm? I was feeling just the opposite when I saw the stats. Very underwhelming.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 5:37:52 PM

kenred2 wrote:

I hadn't thought of that... could be... either way though, if this isn't Jaina, then I think Wizards got the message... JAINA SOLO, SWORD OF THE JEDI... do the research, get the CHARACTER right... please.
Dead horse
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 5:38:28 PM

Tirade wrote:
Ummm, is this sarcasm? I was feeling just the opposite when I saw the stats. Very underwhelming.

I'm with you. It's too pricey for the risk in competitive play. It's probably fun for beer & pretzels gaming tho...whose side will he end up on? Oh, those kooky Mandalorians and their adorable sociopathic tendencies.
Tirade
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 5:45:40 PM

Dead horse wrote:
Tirade wrote:

I'm with you. It's too pricey for the risk in competitive play. It's probably fun for beer & pretzels gaming tho...whose side will he end up on? Oh, those kooky Mandalorians and their adorable sociopathic tendencies.

I feel sorry for the Mando players that were hoping he would be any good. Even the basic Commando looks better for 13 points. Internal Strife on a character with little to no access to FPs is dangerous (61 points for Ulic + 11 for Holo Sid). The risk might be worth it if the piece had better stats.

Edit: I even forgot about the normal Mando Trooper. The trooper is even better than the Raider. Sure, it has less base damage, but Stealth will keep it alive longer.
kenred2
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 6:09:49 PM

For 2 more points, you'd better off having Mandalorian Gunslingers instead. They're much better with TBSV and synergizes quite nicely