RegisterDonateLogin

Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral. I want that Milk, not excuses.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

THANK YOU EARWIG!!! (the rest of the stats HERE) Options
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:56:55 AM
Groups: Member

Zedd wrote:

Not to mention, it's Leia Skywalker, which is a character that technically doesn't exist.

Technically, Leia Skywalker does exist. Though she never uses that name, it is her birth name.
IG-108
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:15:42 AM

I like the Jensaari Defenders. A powerful fringe force user for any faction is amazing. And although they are a bit costly to put into a squad, you don't need many to be effective with them.
I'm a little suprised at the R4. I assumed it would be a reprint of the R5. But it's ability is just fine. Put it in a GGDAC squad, have it target a big piece, and let the droids shoot up the enemy because they'll only need 1s to miss.
broodwarjc
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:00:24 AM

saber1 wrote:
Zedd wrote:

Not to mention, it's Leia Skywalker, which is a character that technically doesn't exist.

Technically, Leia Skywalker does exist. Though she never uses that name, it is her birth name.

What if we got a mini called Lady Vader? I am pretty sure a LOT more people would complain. The name is even mentioned throughout multiple books, so this name is not the worst Wizards could throw at us.
twinrevans
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:08:15 AM

broodwarjc wrote:
saber1 wrote:
Zedd wrote:

What if we got a mini called Lady Vader? I am pretty sure a LOT more people would complain. The name is even mentioned throughout multiple books, so this name is not the worst Wizards could throw at us.

As a big fan of the Thrawn series, what on Earth would be wrong with a Lady Vader character? Let her bring in Nogri and grant them BG. It is better than Leia Skywalker, a a name that has never existed in any movie or novel...
kenred2
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:17:26 AM

broodwarjc wrote:
saber1 wrote:
Zedd wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiuxG_PQCoU
madslaust
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:55:05 AM

saber1 wrote:
Zedd wrote:

Until she's adopted days later, to become Leia Organo.

Razz
madslaust
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:56:19 AM

kenred2 wrote:
broodwarjc wrote:
saber1 wrote:
Zedd wrote:

I just died a little inside.

Crying
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:01:50 AM

madslaust wrote:
kenred2 wrote:
broodwarjc wrote:
saber1 wrote:
Zedd wrote:

I just died a little inside.

Crying

That didn't kill me as much a her being called Leia Organo LOL
LoboStele
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:42:11 AM

saber1 wrote:
Zedd wrote:

It's not a matter of whether she is technically Leia Skywalker or not. The problem is that she wasn't promoted to Jedi Knight until well after she was married to Han.

On top of the fact that Leia never really used the name Skywalker, even after the events of ROTJ. So, she should be Leia Organa Solo, Jedi Knight...oh wait, we already got that in LOTF and she sucked. Blink
Volvagia14
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:51:04 AM

yoda called her skywalker right before he di...I mean 'joined the light side'
LoboStele
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 5:54:48 AM

Volvagia14 wrote:

You're missing the point. She wasn't a JEDI KNIGHT until like, 10 years after ROTJ. Yoda called her 'a Skywalker' as a reference to her lineage.

So the problem most people have with the mini is that she's using her birth name, which she didn't use since she was a little girl, but then has the title of Jedi Knight, which she didn't receive till she was like 40 years old.
Volvagia14
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:05:15 AM

LoboStele wrote:
Volvagia14 wrote:

You're missing the point. She wasn't a JEDI KNIGHT until like, 10 years after ROTJ. Yoda called her 'a Skywalker' as a reference to her lineage.

So the problem most people have with the mini is that she's using her birth name, which she didn't use since she was a little girl, but then has the title of Jedi Knight, which she didn't receive till she was like 40 years old.

no, i get what your saying.

all i'm saying is that, yes, she didn't use that name, but it is not wrong to call her skywalker.
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:07:22 AM

Jen-Fenders' Force Attuned Armor is nothing but synonym for Crab Armor. How original thinking. Another addition to the glossary for something that does the same thing when you might as well put "See Vonduun Crab Armor entry" in the book.

Sorry, it's just bugging me that we are getting new abilities but they are just old abilities with new names to them just for flavor.

Correction: Paraylsis and Jolt
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:10:28 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Lightsaber Defense = defender rolls the save.
Illusion = attacker rolls the save.
Big difference. BlooMilk

As for the armor, you got a point on that one.
Volvagia14
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:11:53 AM

markedman247 wrote:
Jen-Fenders' Force Attuned Armor is nothing but synonym for Crab Armor. How original thinking. Another addition to the glossary for something that does the same thing when you might as well put "See Vonduun Crab Armor entry" in the book.

Sorry, it's just bugging me that we are getting new abilities but they are just old abilities with new names to them just for flavor.

Ex. Lightsaber Defense = Darth Caedus' Illusion.

actually lightsaber defense and Illusion are different

LD you make the save while Ill your opponent makes the save.
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:15:49 AM

Volvagia14 wrote:
markedman247 wrote:

Ex. Lightsaber Defense = Darth Caedus' Illusion.

actually lightsaber defense and Illusion are different

LD you make the save while Ill your opponent makes the save.

I am at fault for both seeing it played like LSD or playing it LSD so I made the mistake. However, I have changed the premise from LSD vs Illusion to Paralysis and Jolt.

imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:18:08 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Ahh...but Jolt activates living AND non-living. Paralysis only affects living.
BlooMilk
Volvagia14
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:23:36 AM

any more Markedman?

Smile
markedman247
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:26:45 AM

I forgot about that. I concede. So, based on those little changes in Paralysis vs Jolt, they are completely different abilities that do essentially the same thing but not to the same units. However, VCA 11 vs Force Attuned Armor are the same thing just two different units. So it's not as widespread as I would assume. I retract my argument.

Of course, we have yet to see the rest of the set. There might be more "refurbished" SAs.
shinja
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 6:27:36 AM
Groups: Administration

Shockstaff +10 and Electrostaff +10