Can't see a thing in this helmet.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Death to GOWK (ie, the Felucian) :D (ok, not totally, but nice...) Options
kenred2
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 3:49:43 AM
Groups: Member

Sithborg wrote:
kenred2 wrote:
An honest slip up that's all.... anything that produces and "attack" from a replace attack can be used with Soresu. Don't worry I know, you don't need to tell me. If I miss something, just improve on it. Because the majority of "replace attacks" are usually not given attacks, but abilities that deal direct damage or require you a save

It's a mistake that can lead to some pretty major confusion. Direct Damage is a much better way to phrase it.

True... usually questions concerning with SWM, I talk and emphasize better than to type to avoid any discrepancies (but I realize I shouldn't try to make it too elaborate, otherwise I fall away from the specific details).
Hydrowhip
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:04:56 PM

Haven't played against GOWK yet, but wouldn't a twin - triple attacker like Canderous Ordo just be able to eat up his Force points?
Squid89
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:10:02 PM

Hydrowhip wrote:
Haven't played against GOWK yet, but wouldn't a twin - triple attacker like Canderous Ordo just be able to eat up his Force points?

First issue is hitting GOWK with someone like Canderous (+10 vs 22 DEF in the open is still less than 50%). (assuming GOWK stands in the open to be targeted without Canderous moving.

Second issue - even if he hit all 6, statistically, GOWK would save three of them without spending a single Force point.

Third issue - all the GOWK support you have to eat through takes rounds and meanwhile GOWK is building up Force points waiting for you.

It's a nice theory on paper, but doesn't usually stand up well to play testing. No question about it - he is tough to defeat.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 2:12:23 PM

Hydrowhip wrote:

Not really. To start with, Canderous needs a 16 or higher to hit a GOWK in cover, so only 1-2 attacks will generally hit to start with, and then those have a 50% chance of being SSM'd away without even burning up a single FP.
sharron
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 7:39:19 PM

what about a hole lot of mini dudes (ewok warriors) and just combine fire with him? do you know how AWESOME that would be if that was pulled off???!?!! woop woop!! i will shake the hand of the person hu does that.
Hydrowhip
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 10:52:27 AM

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Guess I'll just try to base him with 3 Kel Dors or some other "non-attack" damage ability.
swmimperial130
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 2:11:53 PM

mercenary_moose wrote:
Felucian + GMLS = ultimate pwnage for you :)

Take out Felucian and add New Cade!Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love