Kelborn
Mando Scout
Mando CIO
Lobot
Gha
2x Mando Demolitionist
ugo
Klat assassin

Cassus was there because I didn't want to have to deal with MTB shenanigans and also because Fire support mission is one of my favorite abilities.

Rd 1 against Justin with Sith
Alema kept hitting my guys with saber dart and I kept failing saves. I used Kelborn to keep moving my guys around and the fact that he missed some attacks proved to be the difference. 1-0 3 pts

Rd 2 against Jonny with Embo/Arica swap with Klats
Jonny didn't realize that I didn't have any big hitters so played it cautious. If he runs in Embo and just starts smashing stuff, I Think he wins. Instead I get about 40-50 damage on Embo before he realizes that this is what he needs to do. It didn't help him that he left Arica out where I could see her and the rodian assassin I brought in plus Mandalore and his accurate made short work of her. 2-0 6 pts

Rd 3 vs timmerb123
We played on his map and both brought the 10 mice. This one came down to Tim not realizing that Fire Support Mission ignored cover when targeting combined with failing 3 of the 5 saves on the opening salvo. He lost his scout on the opening FSM which was huge. Then he worked to get back in the game, but he missed 2 of 4 on my kelborn with his (after winning init) needing 5s which was pretty much the end for him. I couldn't chase down his guys quite fast enough leaving about 30 damage or so on his Mandalore so have to take the 2 pt win. 3-0 8 pts

Rd 4 against Mark with Talon and Zam
I keep it close for awhile but then forget that DR E does 30 on an opp shot with Talon which lets him take out Cassus. After that it is pretty much mop up for him although I do end up killing talon (leaving him with only Zam/Dash/Dr E left.

I make the top 4 cut and play one of the greatest games I have played in a long time against Logan with his funky OR pilot squad with 2 Sentinals .

Game starts great for me as I take out both Chadra fans when he fails both evade saves. It goes downhill for me after that. He is dominating gambit and I am in the next room over and we are just pummelling each other. He has ABM on in Rd 2, turns it on again in rd 3 and finally it turns off late in rd 4 so his guys are all doing pumped up damage. It doesn't really hurt my CEs as the only one I have is the FSM which never came into play. Anyway, I manage to take out both of the sentinals and am still in pretty good shape as I don't think I have lost anything of significance up to that point. He then proceeds to make a couple of great plays where he can get to squares where he can see my cloaked guys that I thought were hidden and takes out the scout (which was huge) and the klat. I manage to kill carth and think I am still looking pretty good as I have about a half health Mandalore, full health Kelborn and full health Cassus and a demolitionist plus a couple of mice against an almost dead Atton, the klat capt and Bastilla. Anyway he wins init and JMT MAndalore. I work the rest of the round to kill atton while he moves up and he makes the avoid defeat save. He wins the next init as well to finish off cassus. Atton finally dies, and I move Mandalore up to take out klat capt and even then I think I am in good shape with MAndalore and Kelborn against Bastilla. Not to be. He played it perfect and stayed in gambit and kept hammering on me. A won init let him take out Mandalore before he could go and then it felt alot more dicey as bastilla still had about half health left. Without Cunning , I only hit about half the time and do only 20 damage. Not nearly as good for me. In the end game (I had 30 left) I lost init, and moved away with Reslonaire and he missed the AoO and reroll, but it wasn't meant to be. I blocked up the spot so he couldn't get to me. He finished off my mice blockers on his turn so it was down to his 20HP vs my 30. I ran in and hit one of two but he made the defense save. Then he won the final init and it took both attacks (including a reroll) to finish off the game. Final score of that game was like 215 or so to 190 ish as we both had lots of gambit (with him having 4 rounds more than I did).

Congrats Logan for winning the whole regional.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 2:43:56 AM
Groups: Member

I'm assuming by Logan, we're talking about young master Murphy?
Chargers
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 3:34:26 AM

DARPH NADER wrote:
I'm assuming by Logan, we're talking about young master Murphy?

Logan 1 is one of our 'young' players who is now in college. He has grown to be quite the player and Mark and I will take the credit for turning a Padawan into a Jedi Master. Laugh Our annual LBB (Logan's Birthday Bash) tournament is named for him.

Shawn and Logan 2 were not in attendance.
harryg
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 5:32:41 AM

Sounds like you guys had a good time. I wish I could have attended but unfortunately real life sometimes conflicts with minis as we all know (darn). I really learned from my experience in Janesville last year and had a great time and I look forward to coming to next years regional.
philn1i1
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 7:03:30 AM

Here is what Logan ran. Sorry for the formatting...working from my phone and just copied his text.

Atton Jaq Rand, Bastilla Jedi Master, Carth OR soldier, klat capt, 2 Jedi sentinels, OR Senator, 2 chandra fan pilots, an R7, and 2 mice
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 7:43:38 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Shall we declare the Jedi Sentinel broken?
juice man
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 8:13:53 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Yes. YES!....No, no, the Jedi Sentinel is not V-Set, therefore is not, can not, be broken. How silly to suggest such a thing. (This was posted with tongue firmly in cheek.)
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 8:45:57 AM

Warms my heart to see Jedi Sentinels in a successful squad. I've always thought they were cool.

Interesting squad, quite a few pieces with low attack.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 8:51:04 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:

nope because they were surely outclassed by the brokenness of Aton, carth and Bastilla BigGrin
Mando
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 10:06:12 AM

So what was the reasoning about including 2 Jedi Sentinels in the squad? I would think a Juggneaught war droid would do much better in the door control role. It is good to see them used tho! Back in the day I used to pair them with Czerka Scientists to give them twin.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 10:16:41 AM

I can think of a few reasons...

+1 cost for +1atk/def/10hp seems like a fair trade. Raw stats are pretty even. If you have a point or 2 to spare, might as well upgrade. Based on raw stats, you'd upgrade to the Sentinel (17pts) if you have a point or two to spare and stay with the Juggernaught (16pts) otherwise.

Shatterbeam is clearly better than Satchel Charge - advantage Juggernaught there. Flight, Mobile Attack, and Sonic Stunner are all nice options for the Juggernaught. Plus it has the same dmg potential as the Sentinel but doesn't have to be adjacent to max out.

The Sentinel does get Stealth, but the bigger reason to play her is that she can benefit from the extra attack from the Diplomat. Also, with 2 Force she is more likely to hit on her attacks.
harryg
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 11:14:24 AM

This happened last year when Thon Song was played. I don't see why people are so surprised when someone plays a "non-competitive piece" and does well. Next year I might just run Talon and throw in a Klatoonian enforcer or Nikto soldier cuz I can LOL
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, June 30, 2014 2:11:30 PM

I would have to assume it is more the fact that they have stealth than anything. Plus they have enough HP that they can take a hit and make sure you can get to that key door open that you need. And the 2 FPs so you can re-roll your attacks or in a sneaky move you can go eight and blow a door.
philn1i1
Posted: Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:30:01 AM

Again...Logan doesn't have an account, so I'll play middle man.

He used Sentinels because he likes the piece. Plain and simple!
Jonnyb815
Posted: Thursday, July 3, 2014 10:26:54 AM

my play report

I played
42 Embo
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
31 Arica
27 Lobot
48 Klatooinian Assassin x4
8 Mas Amedda
6 Rodian Brute x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 12 Klatooinian Assassin
(Lobot) 8 Gran Raider x2

(200pts. 16 activations)

I like the Klatooinian but think only running one of them would of been better. Then gain a backup attacker for embo and use arica as a three attacker.

I was just really rusty and it showed vs Logan and Jason. I could get around not playing oz back in the day but just couldn't get arica in the action because I was just so out of playing swap and the new maps really came a factor.

Really do think Embo and Arica is a good combo but you need a third attacker.

Good job logan
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 6:55:34 PM

Hey, for stats, what factions were the other players running?

1) Mark: 10 pts. (4-0) Fringe
2) Logan: 9 pts. (3-1) Old Republic
3) Jason: 8 pts. (3-1) Mandos
4) Tim B: 8 pts. (3-1) Mandos
5) JonnyB: 6 pts. (2-2) Imperial
6) Lou: 6 pts. (2-2)
7) Owen: 6 pts. (2-2)
8) Jake: 5 pts. (2-2)
9) Tim A: 4 pts. (2-2)
10) Lillian: 4 pts. (2-2)
11) Laura: 3 pts. (1-3)
12) Justin: 3 pts. (1-3) Sith
13) Lydia: 3 pts. (1-3)
curler88j
Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 8:48:12 PM

i wanna say lou-Seps, owen-imperial, tim A- Seps, laura-fringe, lydia-rebel

and lillian was playing bespin guards but not sure if it was purely fringe.. and no idea on jake maybe seps though
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 10:01:50 PM

Tim only had 7 pts just for recordkeeping

JAke K was Seps with JAbba and San and other dudes. The rest seem correct and I do not know what Lillian was running with her bespin guards.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 10:15:08 PM

My squad:
--The Lando System--
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
27 Lobot
16 Chiss Captain
16 Lando Calrissian
13 Czerka Scientist
12 Bespin Guard Captain
8 R7 Astromech Droid
54 Bespin Security Guard x9
5 Bespin Guard
5 Caamasi Noble
9 Mouse Droid x3
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 14 Young Anakin Skywalker
(Lobot) 6 Buzz Droid or 6 Bespin Security Guard
(200pts. 24 activations)

JonnyB had a 2-point win against me but he's listed above as 6 pts. (2-2).
Lydia's squad included Luke and Leia on Speederbike, Golden One, Han Scoundrel, R2 Sensorscope, lots of Ewok Scouts.

Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, July 27, 2014 7:20:57 PM

It doesn't really matter since everyone below me had 5 pts but a weaker SOS.

I really like your squad.