RegisterDonateLogin

5.5% Force By Vol

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Core Worlds Open (Tournament) Options
Teller
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 2:55:22 PM
Groups: Member

I should start making some squads for a tourney on a weekend...
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 5:37:17 PM

Just a friendly reminder, today is the deadline to get your squads in for the Core Worlds Open! If you are free Monday morning, no matter where you are. Please come join us! We would love to have you playing along with us!
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 5:46:38 AM

I sent my squad list in last night, how will we initiate communication? Do I skye some one or do you guys skype me? Do I bloomail you my phone number?
droidadmiral
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 6:25:10 AM

Deathwielded wrote:
I sent my squad list in last night, how will we initiate communication? Do I skye some one or do you guys skype me? Do I bloomail you my phone number?

just log into vassal for now, some of us are on there at the moment
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 6:32:16 AM

Got it
racanelli89
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 8:47:29 AM

Hey guys, very interested in this tournament but I found out about it way too late. Me and my buddy live in Ontario Canada so we would be playing via Vassal. When is the next tournament we might be able to participate in?
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 3:40:38 PM

Alright we just wrapped on the Core Worlds Open, thanks to everyone who participated. It was a blast.

Will post more later, after 4 rounds of swiss the final standings were...

1. ScruffyHan 3-1 with 8pts
2. TimmerB 3-1 with 7pts
3. DeathsBaine 2-2 with 5pts
4. TheUltrastar 2-2 with 5pts
5. Deathwielded 2-2 with 5pts

Will post more later including the squads that were used from round to round, for now I am spent!

The official winner was ScruffyHan, though I believe Tim and ScruffyHan are going to play a match between themselves since they didn't get to square off in the tournament. Once again thanks to everyone who participated. Great way to spend a Monday!
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 3:50:34 PM

Congratulations ScruffyHan! I love your calling a spade a spade squad comments - wish you'd post more!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 4:25:58 PM

theultrastar wrote:
Alright we just wrapped on the Core Worlds Open, thanks to everyone who participated. It was a blast.

Will post more later, after 4 rounds of swiss the final standings were...

1. ScruffyHan 3-1 with 8pts
2. TimmerB 3-1 with 7pts
3. DeathsBaine 2-2 with 5pts
4. TheUltrastar 2-2 with 5pts
5. Deathwielded 2-2 with 5pts

Will post more later including the squads that were used from round to round, for now I am spent!

The official winner was ScruffyHan, though I believe Tim and ScruffyHan are going to play a match between themselves since they didn't get to square off in the tournament. Once again thanks to everyone who participated. Great way to spend a Monday!

unfortunately my wife was sick during this tournament and right before the final game I had to leave to take her to the doctors, sucks because I had a chance to win this thing :) it was fun everyone love this format.
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 5:00:41 PM

I had lots of fun and would definitely do this again. Vassel Tournaments are the bombBomb

I can post play reports if anyone is interested?
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 5:02:04 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:

unfortunately my wife was sick during this tournament and right before the final game I had to leave to take her to the doctors, sucks because I had a chance to win this thing :) it was fun everyone love this format.

Is she doing better now? I have been praying for her.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 5:04:16 PM

Deathwielded wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Is she doing better now? I have been praying for her.

thank you she is doing better was able to keep some fluid and a little hamburger down. sleeping again :)
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 5:07:39 PM

Deathwielded wrote:
I had lots of fun and would definitely do this again. Vassel Tournaments are the bombBomb

I'll read it. Interested to know what people ran.
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 5:08:26 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TheHutts wrote:
Deathwielded wrote:

I'll read it. Interested to know what people ran.

As am I
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 6:19:53 PM

First round I played against TheUltraStar and he ran his Father and Son rebel squad with Han Smuggler, Luke Commando, ect. Marn, Gha Nackt, Aniken force Spirit, Dadonna, General Crix Madine and two ERC's were there too.
I was running my The Horn of Strength 2.0
Ultra won map and picked Ancherhead. I picked the left side.
I had Lobot so I brought in Mamow and Scrumb. He decided not to take Scrumb with Bribery and brought in the Nikto Pirate instead.
First I learned the importance of activation control, even though I had Dadonna too, he definitely had control. I had Corran JM move into gambit and guard the door that my opponent would need to come through. (Jedi Reflexes would hurt)I made a big mistake leaving Lobot in LoS, as cover wasn't enough against Hans Accurate shot. (which I forgot about) Thanks to Lukes Levitation. Leia makes Han pop another shot at my Luke GH which I block with Lightsaber Defense.
next after I was completely out activated he began the attack
ultra used one of his two ERC's to attack Corran, hitting,but Ultra thought they had opportunist instead of Cunning which they had and only did 10 damage. then he overrided the door closed were Corran was.
Round one ended with me getting Gmabit (5 points) and Ultra with 27 points.
Round 2 Ultra won int and levitated Han back to safty. I then began moving some uggies to blow open the door to release Corran, but Ultra opened thew door and used his ERC's to attack Corran after moving Crix to Disrupt him (so I don't have Evade. Some damage, but not much as I was hard to hit, Han got his chance though and I absorbed his shot putting my back at full HP. Some Jockeying for position, but not much other than he decided to use Rieken as a meat shield to slow Corran down (who without GMA wasn't going to do much) Corran moved up and hit him for 30.
Round 3. Ultra won int. I decided I needed to take out Crix or Corran would be near useless, so after Utra Levitates Reiken back to safty I levitated Momaw closer to corran and had him use War throte to kill two mice his Nikto Pirate and put 10 damage on Corran and Crix, then I had Luke GH (who was safe and didn't do much at all until now) used Knight speed and caught Crix and aced him. Some minor moves happened next, but I shoulda moved my Klat Capt as Han could move to Accurat shoot him, so Han moves and misses with a low roll (critical miss?) then Ultra used Leia to get the second shot to ice the Klat, which he did as I failed Evade.

We finished the round, but time wasn't my ally. I lost with 32 to his 45. Close match, One more round and Corran woulda earned his keep to be sure! Same with Luke. But we already took what? An hour and a half to do three rounds?

Great game were I learned alot about tournament play. Gambit was mine the whole match and if I didn't leave Lobot out it would have been much different. (same with the Klat)

Thats just about how the first match went, maybe some confusion on when attacks to Corran was madeConfused
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 6:51:27 PM

Match 2.
The battle of the Tims!

Me running my OR squad Best of the OR which honestly was the only truely competitive squad I brought.

vs Timmerb123's Rebel squad with Han Smuggler, leia, Commander Luke, the New Lando to give Han Pilot, Dadonna, tech and 3-4 Tantives (to give Han Death shots) and tech.

I brought in acts 2 mice and 4 uggies, but again he definitely had act control.
Unfortunately I had Bastila JM so it was almost an auto win for my since Rebels need their tech, but the Tantives still worked so I had that to worry about.

I won Map and picked Jabba's Palace.
Me on the left and Tim on the right.
First Round we got set up, I was out activated and Han got a difficult to get LoS on my OR diplomat and aced him first round. (man do I need to learn not to leave my tech hanging!) I forgot to use my Satale's Intuition and Tim, like the gentlemen he is let me use it.
Round 2.
I turned on Bastilas ABM. During round 1 we had overrided some doors shut to keep us separated. So after Tims spinning I used Lobot to open up the door separating Commander Luke and my squad. (leaving him open for Han later on) I used Atton to GMA down had attack Luke (putting Atton between Lobot and him) first attack hits, 40 damage. Tim takes it (probably worried about a Crit) and second attack also hits. Tim tries to block and fails, thus he lost his most expensive piece beginning of the second round. Han Kills Lobot and Atton Evades some shots. Carth doesn't do much. Tim then Begins moving his Tantives adjacent hoping I would kill them to give Han some death shots.
Round 3.
After some initial moving I moved Atton out of Line of sight of Han to kill a Mouse and hopefully a Tantive (missed first shot at mouse and couldn't get the second shot at Tantive cuz he had cover and the Mouse was adjacent) second shot kills the mouse with a Reroll. (The Tantive I was hoping to kill was adjacent to Carth and was body blocking him from the fight) Lando comes up and attacks Atton as well as some tantives, some damage is dealt to Atton, bet Evade was hot. Han moved closer to clear the door to attack Atton. Satale then used Force Leap and Lightsaber Assault to jump behind Atton (avoiding some nasty AoO's) and got one hit on Han. Then Satale was attacked by Leia and was hit for a solid 20 damage. I decided to have Carth take the AoO from the tantive (which hit for 20 damage) to get him in position to attack next round. I really couldn't afford to kill a Tantive since the Death shot woulda killed Atton (barring a failure on Avoid Defeat)

Round 4 I won Int and Tim surrendered as I was in the Lead, plus Satale woulda aced Han no prob, then Atton and Carth woulda cleaned house. Another close match that wasn't really decided until that last Int roll, whoever won that won the match.
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 7:07:51 PM

Match 3
Me verses ScruffyHan

I was running my Mando Resurrection

and he was using Yobuck, Cad Bane, Marn, Lobot, Panaka (for Swapping) Dombot and Mas (some acts too)

For my Reinforcements I picked the LIN and two Mice.
He stole my 2 mice and had Lobot bring in lotsa acts. Putting me at 10 acts and him at 17 acts.
So once again I was out activated lol.

He won map roll and picked Grand Plaza with me on the Left and him on the right.

Round 1 I was out activated and I forgot Resol'nare which I never got to use this skirmish cuz I kept forgetting.
After I was all out he had Doombot carry out Yobuck and had Yoda move all the way out a to kill a my tech then swapped him out for Cad who all, but finished my Tech off (thanks to Cad only having 10 attack against non-uniques) from there it was all down hill, a total loss with my only picking up 5 points from gambit. I made SOOO many mistakes that game. My Trio were untouchable (Kelborn, Fenn Shysa and MtR since Fenn had Bodyguard and his CE) but the rest of my squad was slaughtered. I killed some tech, but they gave no vp's.

If I woulda used Resol'nare like I was supposed to I could done much better. (my tech were doomed no matter what I woulda done.)
I did get Yoda on Kybuck down to 90 hp though
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 7:09:51 PM

My first Mini's tournament and first time using Vassel online, I had a blast and would definitely do it again. Though I wish I would got to use some of my better squads...
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 7:15:49 PM

I didn't get to watch any other games, but I know Bane was played and so was a squad with Kyle, Jan and Tech with Gantoris and Exar, DFS that won against a squad with Revan SL and Kaan.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, March 3, 2014 7:27:05 PM

Deathwielded wrote:
My first Mini's tournament and first time using Vassel online, I had a blast and would definitely do it again. Though I wish I would got to use some of my better squads...

What else did you have up your sleeve? I feel proud for having contributed to your winning squad (although I just pointed you in the direction of an established and popular squad)! It does sound like a fun format to push people out of their comfort zones.