RegisterDonateLogin

Quench the thirst you didn't even know you had.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

LEGENDS Vassal Release EVENT! Options
theultrastar
Posted: Thursday, October 2, 2014 8:01:25 PM
Groups: Member

Just played against obiwan1knight in our round 3 match up.

I ran Republic:
Hero With No Fear
Quinlan Vos Double Agent
Aayla Secura
Jarael
Marn
R2
R7
Uggie x2

Brought in three rodians.

Obi ran:
Legends Sidious
Darth Talon
Dash Rendar
Exar Kun FS
Lobot
some Sith Recruits (I forget how many)
A couple uggs.

He brought in Dr Evazan and an Ugg.

Obi won map, chose Cantina. I took left, he took right.

First round we positioned. I took gambit with Jarael, he didn't take it. Next round he intuitions with Sidious. On my turn, I tow with R2, drop off Aayla open a door, and then I have Aayla pull Sidious through the door and I twin attack him. I hit one, miss one. He illusions the damage away. Obi is able to put some damage on Aayla at this point with Dash. And is able to kill her with Sidious.

I'm not too clear what happens after this. To make it short, Sidious wipes out Aayla, Quinlan, R2, and Jarael before he falls. Well worth the 82 there Obi ;)
Anakin finally drops Sidious. We make it to the final round and I am in a great position to win the game. In fact, there is no way I lose this game... Or is there?
I roll up on Dash Rendar, for the win. Attack him 3 times with Sith Rage. Roll a 1. Game over. Are you kidding me?

I was in a position where I could kill Dash, and block Talon's path to Anakin with a worthless Rodian Brute, and I roll the only number that would make Anakin miss Dash, a 1. I have a 95% chance of winning this game, and of course I drop the dreaded 1.

It was one hell of a match. Obi played a great game. On to the 4th round for me!
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, October 3, 2014 3:27:57 AM

theultrastar wrote:
Just played against obiwan1knight in our round 3 match up.

I ran Republic:
Hero With No Fear
Quinlan Vos Double Agent
Aayla Secura
Jarael
Marn
R2
R7
Uggie x2

Brought in three rodians.

Obi ran:
Legends Sidious
Darth Talon
Dash Rendar
Exar Kun FS
Lobot
some Sith Recruits (I forget how many)
A couple uggs.

He brought in Dr Evazan and an Ugg.

Obi won map, chose Cantina. I took left, he took right.

First round we positioned. I took gambit with Jarael, he didn't take it. Next round he intuitions with Sidious. On my turn, I tow with R2, drop off Aayla open a door, and then I have Aayla pull Sidious through the door and I twin attack him. I hit one, miss one. He illusions the damage away. Obi is able to put some damage on Aayla at this point with Dash. And is able to kill her with Sidious.

I'm not too clear what happens after this. To make it short, Sidious wipes out Aayla, Quinlan, R2, and Jarael before he falls. Well worth the 82 there Obi ;)
Anakin finally drops Sidious. We make it to the final round and I am in a great position to win the game. In fact, there is no way I lose this game... Or is there?
I roll up on Dash Rendar, for the win. Attack him 3 times with Sith Rage. Roll a 1. Game over. Are you kidding me?

I was in a position where I could kill Dash, and block Talon's path to Anakin with a worthless Rodian Brute, and I roll the only number that would make Anakin miss Dash, a 1. I have a 95% chance of winning this game, and of course I drop the dreaded 1.

It was one hell of a match. Obi played a great game. On to the 4th round for me!

awesome sounding game. 1 good shooter.
Jareal's Parry did not work against Sidious, which is awesome!

Did Anikan get straight into the fray or hold out til the big battles were coming to a close? with all the uniques being killed did Anakin get to unleash?
points?
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 4:32:27 AM

Dr Daman and Deathwielded got their game in last night, Daman ran sith and played the new Sidious with Vset Caedus, Dr Evazan and Exar FS, against a Republic build featuring the Hero With No Fear, Yoda on Kybuck, R2, Fox, Dr Evazan.

I'll let Daman and Deathwielded post a better report, but Daman won on Grand Plaza.... 3 points!
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 6:25:48 AM

So I was curious which legends pieces have been winning and which have been losing as a starting point to looking at effectiveness and what is being played. (hope its accurate, went through decently quick and might not have all games, for some reason I thought Starkiller's clone had more play)
Here is list of wins by character

Old Republic: characters have 0 wins, 5 losses
Revan 0-2
Bastila 0-1
Nomi 0-1
Lien draay 0-1

Mando: characters have 1 win, 1 loss
Shadowfather 1-1

Republic: characters have 2 wins, 5 losses
Shaak Ti 1-0
Anakin 1-3

Separatist: characters have 5 wins, 5 losses
Maul 2-0
Durge 3-2
Nute 0-2
IG-100 0-1

Rebel: characters have 1 wins, 2 losses
Luke 0-1
Chewbacca 1-1

Imperial: characters have 4 wins, 4 losses
Starkiller's clone 2-1
Tarkin 2-1
Antares 0-1
Mohrghan 0-1

Sith: characters have 10 wins, 3 losses
Emperor 1-0
Malgus 3-0
Bane 2-2
Sidious 4-1

New Republic: characters have 5 wins, 8 losses
Jaina 1-1
Ben 2-4
Han 1-2
Cade 0-1
Kyle Katarn 1-0

Fringe:
Bossk 1-3
Chadra 2-1
Boba 2-1
Calo 2-0
Nico 2-0
Hanharr 1-0
Elite Czerka 2-1
Nar Shadda 0-1
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 7:30:20 AM

Starkiller's Clone and Tarkin have been ran twice. Once by me, once by Shmi15.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 7:42:58 AM

fixed it*
any more updates just send em' my way.
Bossk is 0-3 :( :(
Mando
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2014 7:45:29 PM

Dieandbemetal and I had our game tonight. Final score was 138-32 with the 2pt victory going to Mando.

Map was Peaceful City

My squad was:
--Legends Tournament squad--
82 Darth Sidious, Legacy of the Darkside
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
16 Dr. Evazan, Galactic Criminal
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
28 Sith Recruit x7
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 13 activations)

DaBM's squad was:
Legends Revan
HK-47, Assassin Droid
V-set Carth
Mission Vao
OR Commander
R7
Mouser x3
Uggie x2

Caedus took a lot of damage, and ended the game with 20 hp. I healed him with Evazana and he got some good saves on Makashi Style Mastery to ward of Revan's onslaught. Sidious murdered DaBM's R7, Mission Vao and an uggie. Revan was vanquished by Caedus. I lost about 3 sith recruits making rerolls for caedus's Makashi saves. Master Illusion saved the day for Caedus, with Revan needing a 20 when inside the Dark Aura. DaBM had a hard time making illusion saves also against Sidious. Good game!
shmi15
Posted: Monday, October 6, 2014 7:06:44 AM

What's the match ups look like for the final round!?
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, October 6, 2014 10:48:03 AM

My apologies for not posting last night! My bad guys! Passed out watching the Pats/Bengals game that I had to DVR. Without further delay!

Round 4 (FIGHT)

Round 4
Shmi15 3-0 8pts vs Obiwan1knight 3-0 6pts
Spryguy1981 2-1 6pts vs Dr Daman 2-1 6pts
Amadeus 2-1 6pts vs theultrastar 2-1 5pts
Scruffyhan 2-1 5pts vs Pegolego 2-1 4pts
thereisnotry 1-2 3pts vs Mando 1-2 2pts
Deathwielded 1-2 2pts vs Darth O 1-2 2pts
deaths_baine 1-2 2pts vs general_grief 0-2-1 1pts
darth rattlehead 0-2-1 1pts vs dieandbemetal 0-3 0pts
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, October 6, 2014 10:48:39 AM

STANDINGS

1. Shmi15 3-0 8pts
2. obiwan1knight 3-0 6pts
3. Spryguy1981 2-1 6pts
4. Dr. Daman 2-1 6pts
5. Amadeus 2-1 6pts
6. theultrastar 2-1 5pts
7. scruffyhan 2-1 5pts
8. pegolego 2-1 4pts
9. thereisnotry 1-2 3pts
10. Mando 1-2 2pts
11. Deathwielded 1-2 2pts
12. Darth O 1-2 2pts
13. deathsbaine 1-2 2pts
14. general_grief 0-2-1 1pts
15. darth rattlehead 0-2-1 1pts
16. dieandbemetal 0-3 0pts
Deathwielded
Posted: Monday, October 6, 2014 2:29:15 PM

So me and Dr Daman had our 3rd round game the other night and I am just getting around to the play report.

I ran republic with yobuck new anakin hero without fear. Dr e commander fox tech.

The good Dr ran his sith squad from before which was quite impressive. He sidious (beast!) And caedus with recruits Dr e ect.

We played in the grand plaza.
I set up on the left and he set up on the right.

First round was positioning and I took gambit.
Round 2 I had Yoda on kybuck gallop into his forces taking out a recruit and 2 uggies. I tried to have Yoda move far enough as to be a pain to get at with his big badies but that didn't work. He had caedus double sith manipulate to pull Yoda and sidious adjacent to him and each other. Caedus and sidious both beat him up but I got my lightsaber block at exactly the right time and block sidious' last attack stopping the auto crit and saving Yoda's life this turn. On my turn I tow ani and have try to take out his Dr E. 3 hits later Dr e should have died as he failed his avoid defeat save but those darn recruits saved him by saving one of their own. So he lives so I have anakin GMA away triggering a aoo from him and caedus.attacks misses so no diem so for me. On damans turn Dr e tries to youthin Yoda's face by scaling it all off with a scalple. Yoda is now at 20 HP. Some more minor attacks and moves I get gambit again.
Round 3 I win int finally and sidious uses intuition to move adjacent to anakin taking a aoo from yoda which hits but Yoda falls victim to one of SIDS illusions...
I know have a very tough choice to make...
1 . try to save Yoda by galloping back to my medic (Dr e) all I need is to block caedus' attack or it have it miss and I would be home free.
Or 2. Save anakin by having him triple sidious and gmaing away to avoid his triple.

I think I made the wrong decision by acting Yoda. I have him regularly attack and kill his Dr e and take an aoo from caedus. Which hits and I fail my block save. Next sidious and help takes out anakin who didn't stand a chance with no melee defense. Which probably wouldn't have helped anyway with how Ani's diem so save were rolling. ( no kidding I rolled a 4 4 5 in order) exars dark force aura didn't help me either...
Anakin drops and I try to fight it out with fox who straight out misses him with two GMA opportunist attacks on sidious. I get gambit again though.
Round 4 and 5 were quick basically fox and my Dr e drop like flies only dealing 30 damage to sidious with an sa I don't roll for lol.

Dr e wins and gets that last gambit putting him at 203 to my 68 (my score was close to that anyway)

Fun match! His beats were really tough and I only did 30 total damage to either of them which came from my Dr e.

Anakin was really fun to play but I didn't get to see all his tricks as I never got a chance to trigger unleash the force. And soresu wasn't used either. I almost wish he had something for melee defense but I like diem so as his melee defense personally.

Sidious was pretty boss. Intuition was handy and illusion coupled with dark aura was really strong not to mention I felt caedus was his perfect partner. Beastly would be how I describe him. I just wish he didn't have master speed since IMO it doesn't help him.
Darth O
Posted: Monday, October 6, 2014 6:51:29 PM

Deathwielded and I just had our game, and it was a Han and Chewie Rebel vs. New Republic thriller! You really had to watch it to appreciate how close and exciting it was.

My squad was this:
--Iconic Legends--
38 Han Solo, Rebel General
36 LEGENDS Chewbacca
27 Lobot
27 Luke Skywalker, Rebel Commando
19 Princess Leia, Rebel Commando
16 Elite Rebel Commando
16 General Crix Madine
12 Anakin Skywalker, Force Spirit
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)

And Deathwielded played this:
--*Legends Han's Chewie--
50 Han Solo, Galactic Hero
33 LEGENDS Ben Skywalker
32 Chewbacca, Galactic Hero
29 Ganner Rhysode
16 Dr. Evazan, Galactic Criminal
15 LEGENDS Nar Shadda Information Agent
10 Jagged Fel
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Mouse Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(199pts. 10 activations)

I won map roll, so we played on Throne Room (such a classic that I really miss from the restricted list). I reinforced my squad with Dr. Evazan and another Mouse Droid. Deathwielded won initiative, but I surprise moved Han to base the Nar Shadda info agent. He went for broke and took an AoO, but good Han didn't roll a 1. The rest of round 1 was positioning, until I outactivated and used my double override, levitate, and good Han's accurate to kill DW's R7.

Round 2 I won initiative and locked a door back up with Lobot. Deathwielded moved all his characters into the top of the room with the gambit. I then moved Good Chewie up close and decided to put 20 on Bad Han instead of DW's uggie, which would have led to a very boring game of outactivating and override. Leia spends an FP to move 8 and shoot Bad Chewie and misses. She then says "Would somebody please get this walking carpet out of my face?" Good Han gets levitated to shoot Bad Chewie, rolls a 20 to put him at 60HP. The things people do to impress girls....

Round 3 I won initiative and went first. Leia surprise attacks Bad Chewie and misses. She then takes her regular turn and crits him, not wanting to be shown up by a stuck up, scruffy-looking nerf herder. Bad Chewie is now on 20 HP. Ben then force pulls Good Han and puts 30 on him. Bad Chewie then shoots Good Han and hits both, but Good Han evades both of them, winking at Leia in the process. Good Chewie then bases Ben and Good Han and puts 20 on Ben. Good Evazan (keeping up?) takes and attack of opportunity from Ben to base Bad Chewie and perform a botched brain surgery on the spot. At the same time, Bad Evazan was trying to operate to save him, but one failed avoid defeat save meant that neither doctor could save the dying Wookiee. Ben attempts to lay 30 damage on Good Han in a fit of rage at the loss of Bad Chewie, but Good Chewie takes the hit for him. Next, Bad Evazan ends Good Evazan's life on the operating table. Then Bad Han tries to put 60 damage on Good Han, but again Good Chewie takes the damage. My Elite Rebel Commando moves 6 and murders Jagged Fel. Ganner pushes Good Han away from his wookiee bodyguard. Luke moves 8 and puts 20 on Ben. Crix puts an end to the aforementioned uggie.

Round 4 Deathwielded wins initiative, but Leia surprise attacks and misses. Ben puts 30 on both Good Han and Good Chewie, leaving both on 10 HP thanks to some heroic bodyguarding. Luke eats an AoO from Ben and kills Bad Han and puts 30 on Bad Evazan. Leia goes for the final shot on Bad Evazan, but he makes his avoid defeat saves. Leia bases Ganner, which leads him to lightsaber sweep. He misses Luke and hits Leia, and hits Good Han. Good Chewie takes the damage and dies, but not before shooting Ben with his death shot. And rolling a 1. Ben is then healed up to 80 HP by Bad Evazan after an FPRR. My ERC then crits Ben and hits the twin, putting him back to 50 HP. Crix and my uggie miss Ben, but then Good Han crits Ganner.

Round 5 Deathwielded wins initiative and Leia misses her surprise attack. Ben goes first and kills Han and Luke, thanks to a crit on the latter. My ERC then kills Ganner with a hit and - you guessed it - a crit. Crix then bases Bad Evazan and kills him. He failed his avoid defeat this time. Leia and my uggie both miss Ben.

Round 6 Deathwielded wins initiative and kills Leia. I then put 20 damage on Ben between Crix and the ERC.

Round 7 I win initiative and attack Ben with the ERC. Rolls a 1 on the first attack and a 20 on the 2nd. My 6th crit wins me the game.

We found out that 60 minutes had passed midway through round 4, with the score being 148-66 to me at the end of that round. At the end of 75 minutes, which is the usual Vassal time limit, we were in round 6. So the final score was really 148-66 but when played out for 75 minutes it was 184-170.

Thanks to Deathwielded for being such a great opponent, even throughout my six critical hits. I'm really glad I didn't play the lame game and kill the uggie in round 2! I really enjoyed this tournament, and I'm looking forward to designing in the 2nd set in this awesome format. Good luck to the top 4!
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 7:19:30 AM

Darth O thanks for the pay report.
Can you tell us how Legends Chewbacca played? was it easy? was he effective, etc
I think the Rebel Chewie and Han vs the New Reopublic Chewie and Han is epic.
I designed (with help from Deaths_Baine) both the Chewbacca and the NR Han so I am pleased with the close battle and the fact that it was a "bold" battle were people get into the mix
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 12:06:56 PM

Legends Chewbacca was a dream to play. With 130 HP I had no trouble sticking him in the open to absorb damage, which made for a bold battle as you say. I never used Bowcaster or Impulsive Reprisal, but Defiant Death coupled with Bodyguard would have been game changing if he had hit. Deathwielded and I agreed that Guardian was too weak compared to Bodyguard, and we would only use it if the range for the sacrificial part was increased to 2. Otherwise, Chewie was my favourite Legends piece to use so far.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 12:33:41 PM

Darth O wrote:
Legends Chewbacca was a dream to play. With 130 HP I had no trouble sticking him in the open to absorb damage, which made for a bold battle as you say. I never used Bowcaster or Impulsive Reprisal, but Defiant Death coupled with Bodyguard would have been game changing if he had hit. Deathwielded and I agreed that Guardian was too weak compared to Bodyguard, and we would only use it if the range for the sacrificial part was increased to 2. Otherwise, Chewie was my favourite Legends piece to use so far.

wait how is guardian weaker then bodyguard?
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 12:38:21 PM

Obi Wan, can you play tomorrow?
obiwan1knight
Posted: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:26:59 PM

Tomorrow doesn't really work for me. I can play Thursday-Sunday any time after 10 pm. Possibly earlier on any of those days. BM me what you want to do.
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 3:21:13 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:

If Chewie takes a hit that would kill an ally with over 10 HP and uses Guardian and uses Guardian instead of Bodyguard, the original target still takes damage.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 4:19:24 PM

Darth O wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

If Chewie takes a hit that would kill an ally with over 10 HP and uses Guardian and uses Guardian instead of Bodyguard, the original target still takes damage.

it is like bodyguard that can also take the damage for special abilities and force powers.... so lets say you have han, chewie, and luke adjacent to one another and they get missled lets say you fail all 3 saves, chewie can take the damage for everyone.

guardian is literally a mega powerful bodyguard.

edit: maybe you mean that if han has 30 left and would die you can sac chewie to save him, but he goes down to 10? I see that now. but lets say han is notactivated and chewie is, then you could sac chewie to shoot and then shoot with han that is pretty beast.

yeah, we wanted there to be a trade off since he gets to make an attack when he dies.
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, October 7, 2014 5:11:40 PM

I never considered either special abilities or triggering Defiant Death when the damage isn't high enough. That makes Chewie even cooler than I thought!