RegisterDonateLogin

How you get so big, drinking Milk of this kind?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

LEGENDS Vassal Release EVENT! Options
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:19:28 AM
Groups: Member

jen'ari wrote:
I am going to list my favorite ten (not really in order just going down the set list characters) SA or FP that have come from Legends set:

#1 Quick shot
#2 Defensive Force
#3 Swordmaster
#4 Force crush
#5 Guardian
#6 Defiant Death
#7 Hacker
#8 Surprise Push
#9 Hired Gun
#10 Thermal Detonator

cool idea, so I will add mine also not in any order:

1. Leader of the jedi order- I think it is a lot more powerful then what it is given credit.
2. Council Member- Have always loved the idea of the council member special ability, and creates a subfaction
3. Force Influence- Like this force power a lot and hope to see it again.
4. Attuned with the Force- another cool special ability I hope to see again.
5. Bowcaster- I love the ability to work around stealth and cloaked.
6. Critical Target- I like the idea of pseudo greater mobile.
7. Quick Shot- been loving that ability since play testing
8. Mandalorian Charge- another move and attack ability that has a requirement instead of just plain greater mobile.
9. Hired Gun- I like it because it allows us to make powerful fringe characters without as many worries.
10. Vital Information- never seen it pulled off, by my goodness I love the idea!
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 9:41:43 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:

2. Council Member- Have always loved the idea of the council member special ability, and creates a subfaction

I forgot Council Member, definitely in my top ten.
Dr Daman
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:33:43 PM

Scruffhan and I have just finished our final! It was an epic duel but in the end Scruffy won by just 7pts after time. Grats on the victory mate! I'll try to post a report sometime but I'm quite busy, so it might be a few days away.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 8:40:56 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Squads at least?
Dr Daman
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 9:03:11 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Squads at least?

ASAP my friend
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 9:44:54 PM

i popped in the game for a sec on vassal and it looked like Daman was running sith, caedus and legends sidious, while scruffy ran legends star killer's clone and cad bane.
Dr Daman
Posted: Saturday, October 25, 2014 9:59:02 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
i popped in the game for a sec on vassal and it looked like Daman was running sith, caedus and legends sidious, while scruffy ran legends star killer's clone and cad bane.

Pretty much. I had Caedus, new Sid, Dr E, Exar FS, 6 recruits and 3 uggies. Scruffy had starkillers clone, cad bane, Thrawn, Lobot, amanin scout, some brutes, some mice and 2 uggies.
scruffyhan
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 7:14:37 AM

I was not in top form last night by any means. After playing for years with Booming Voice and then playing without it, without any practice at all really causes some bad play for anyone running Imperials. That being said, I am getting a head of myself a touch. I won map, and so we played on the wonderful world of Theed. I had been watching Daman through the tournament because by my estimation he was my only competition. I was willing to bet dollars to donuts that he was going to run the Seps squad that he had been pushing. However he switched things up and reverted back to Sith. Daman's Sith squad is what I was hoping that he would not run. It is incredibly good. After we dropped our squads I even told him that I did not like my odds. Especially since I rarely run Imps.

First round we move here and there, I go to take a shot on one of Daman's Uggs only to realize that I cannot swap because no Booming Voice
(Thanks a lot guys) so this is the first of my bad moves, though it's nothing I cannot deal with. Second round Daman does not move all that much, he's building up force, which with Sidious and Caedus is bad for me. What I wouldn't give to have Pallaeon at this moment. Anyways I know I have to make my move soon, so I set up a swap to move the Clone in.

Now the Clone is strictly a sacrifice piece. Against the Sith squad I should be able to kill Caedus, with straight up Auto, however Daman lured me in to a nasty trap. That would ultimately cost me the Clone. I go for broke because that is the kind of guy I am. I get Caedus down to 10hp and Sid down to 70. Daman heals Sid with Evazan. End of round I bring Cad Bane in and shoot Caedus who is at his max D right now. I need 8's to hit him. He uses two Master Illusions, and I miss 2 other attacks. Start of the next round I attack Caedus again, and kill him. I take 2 shots at Sid (a 1, and a 2) who laughs them off. Then I run away 6 squares. Daman gets a bomb next to me, runs in with Sid and attacks with Sith Rage, rerolls, I take self destruct and then a Crit from the reroll dropping Cad to 10hp. On my turn, I exit with my life thanks to a well timed Thrawn Swap. Take some shots with my Rodians which all fail. End of the round I claim gambit with my Amanin Scout. We play one more round because it's been a very good, close game, and there were a few hiccups during the game, so we play another. I see that his play will probably be a Master Speed run to Cad so I choose to go first. He intuitions to my Amanin Scout, I'm not buying the play though, so I override the door shut with my R7. He kills my Amanin and a few Rodians which I gladly give up at this point. End of the round I move Lobot out, reopen the door and then run Cad 12 squares and drop him on gambit.

Really fun game, it was great to see Melee competing against Imps the way that they did. It is a breath of fresh air. Me and Daman discussed this after the game. There you have it though, I am the Legends champion, and i hate to say I told you so, but I did tell you all. I will humbly accept the 100 dollars that I will no doubt use to buy the Imperial Assault Fantasy Flight minis game (Thank You!) and I guess I will be designing a piece in set 2. Off the top of my head I'm thinking a vehicle in honor of my favorite sub set. I am thinking Bane on Rancor. I'm just spit balling here, but 200hp's with Galloping Attack and 30 base damage with Twin. That sounds pretty balanced, right? Maybe give him a Commander Effect that gives sith allies Extra Attack. This piece practically designs itself.

In closing, I want to point out that the finals was made up of two people who had nothing to do with the design process. For everyone that was whining saying that the Tennessee players would do better because they were use to playing this way, I just want to point this out. Me and Daman made up the finals. A great player can rise to the top of any tournament he enters regardless of the rules or setting because he/she is just that good. Congrats to Dr Daman, and everyone else that made up the top 4.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 8:32:13 AM

scruffy.... I hate you.... but danget do I respect you....
atmsalad
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 9:13:07 AM

(Stands up and starts a slow clap)
shmi15
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 9:28:33 AM

scruffyhan wrote:
(Monday, September 15, 2014 4:32:11 AM) after looking through this set I have to say that I am extremely impressed. Absolutely excellent. Top to bottom. I'm in. That means the other 15 of you can just pack it up. Not to brag, because I am above that and would never do something as petty, but when the scruffy one enters a tournament, all I do is win.

when someone can call their shot like this and then follow through he gets my respect every time. great job.
Amadeus
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 11:54:07 AM

Congratulations to ScruffyHan and Dr Daman for 1st and 2nd respectively! Great tournament, everyone, looking forward to future games with all of you!
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 1:52:34 PM

Big thank you to everyone who was involved in the tournament! 16 players, 14 pages of discussion over 7000 views. Not too shabby for our first event. To everyone that has contacted me about continuing to help with what we are doing, I will send you information in the coming days as we are almost done with the initial designs on our second set, and will begin playtesting soon. Once again thank you to everyone who played, and congrats to everyone who made the top 4!

scruffyhan since you won, you get to design a piece in our 2nd set. Check your messages for more info. Also I need your paypal info for the cash payout. Congrats on a well played and a hard fought tournament.
Deathwielded
Posted: Sunday, October 26, 2014 5:41:44 PM

This was a lot of fun! Count me in for the next one. Also I am willing to help out if you want
pegolego
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2014 5:07:51 AM

Congratulations, ScruffyHan and DrDaman!

DrD., I'll bm you to arrange you getting your 2nd place prize, a sealed set of Imperial Entanglements! Smile

I hope everyone thoroughly enjoyed the tournament! BlooMilk
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, November 7, 2014 6:26:21 PM

For those of you who have asked to get in on playtesting for the 2nd set, send me a BM, I will send you the site where you can access all of the stats, and you can begin playtesting!