RegisterDonateLogin

Statement: HK-47 believes Bloo Milk may allow meatbags to compete on his level.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

LEGENDS Vassal Release EVENT! Options
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2014 11:10:49 AM
Groups: Member

shmi15 wrote:
My squad

62-Te Ani'la Manda'lor, The Great Shadowfather
34- Darth malgus, Sith Warrior
33- The Sith Emperor
28- Kelborn
17- Candra Slicer
3x Sith Recruits
1 Mando Demi
2 Mice

Darth O's squad

Legends Bane
Legends Sidious
Lobot
4 Recruits
1 Uggie

I won map, we played on Cantina, he set up left, I set up right. He brought in a Chandra and an Uggie for reinforcements. I emplace the Emporor away from gambit next to a door.

1st round is positioning with him claiming Gambit early with Sidious and Bane.

2nd round I get bold, and Resolnare,up to the gambit area to try and convince him to come out and fight... and he does, and I immediately regretted it. He runs Bane with Master Speed and bases Malgus. 3 attacks at +16 for 40 a pop. and He rolls a 1 on his first attack. Phew. He connects on his next 2 attacks, but I'm able to FAA 20 total damage away. his next act he runs Sidious up adjacent to my Mando Demo, and Lightnings him,Malgus, and Manda'lor. I fail all my faves except for the Manda'lor, so Malgus is down to 30, and he is down to 110. My turn I need to make it count. Malgus swings away with Rage 2, misses the first hits, rerolls with his FP and then connects. Hits his 2nd also, 80 damage. Then Mandalor Dead Eyes him. Hits the first for 40, misses the 2nd, I sack a recruit, miss again. Run Kelborn up, he attacks and hits 1 for 20 more damage. Malgus i down to 40 now.

3rd round I sack a recruit to win init, and Malgus ends Banes life, then hits Sidious(who he intuitioned up) Sid Ilussions I make the save. Then one of the key moments, where Sid attacks Manda'lor... rolls a 3, he FPRR, gets a 5, sacks a recruit, gets an 8(what he needed) made the Mando armor save, then he rolls a 5 :( . And finishes with a 19. Only dropping only 50 damage in the process. I then use Mandalor, who crits, he illussions, I fail the save, sack a recruit, then make the save, but miss my 2nd attack. Then Kelborn comes in and finishes off Sidious for the win. We played one more round, but that was so I could get to 200.

Final Score- 202/204 to 24

Fun game all around, battle started at the 2nd round, and didn't finish until the end of the 3rd round. And non uniques were not a factor.

good thing in the next coupld of sets, i for one, will be voting to not include kelborn in vets all stars
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 6:44:01 AM

So me and Deaths_Baine had our match the other night.
I was running New Republic
60 Corran Horn, Jedi Master
48 Luke Skywalker, Galactic Hero
29 Ganner Rhysode
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
14 Charda Fan Hacker
10 Jagged Fel
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Mouse Droid

and he ran Republic with the New Shaak Tii
Quinlan Vos
Aayla Secura
Doombot
Commander Fox
Dr Evazan GC
New Hacker
and 2 Spaartii's

Deaths_Baine let me pick map and I chose Ancherhead with me on the left and him on the right.
First Round we both head for the center and Fox was able to get into position to deliver 2 shots at Luke GH, but Both missed. I saw he was clumping up his forces at that upper door so I had put Luke into great Position to Lightsaber throw. But end of Round after I had exhausted all my pieces he used a Hacker to close that door.
Round 3 began with my trying to figure out the best way to get that door open. DB won Int and let me go first so I used my Hacker to open that door, hoping that I could next phase Levitate Luke into great position to get off a Ataru Master Lightsaber throw on 5 people. (wouldve been great!) but he used his hacker to lock me out again. So my next thought was to use my R7 to open the door but because of how I was setup the R7 was the guy who had overode that first door open and thus I would need him to hold both doors for that to work, but if I did Deaths_Baine could easily take him out with Shaak ti or Fox. So I bidded my time and had Corran and a Mouse Flank him going down from the bottom doorway. I figured I would have him there as a target to hopefully draw him out or as a Deterrent and threat for next round. Huge Mistake on my part. Deaths_Baine took advantage of my over extended piece to Tow Aayla down and Force Pull Corran over to her side of the map. (Very Clever way around his Jedi Reflexes BTW)Getting a Hit as she did so. (I thought the setup was great as I wouldn't be able to Levitate Luke to anywhere were I could both hit Aayla or Doombot without being within 6 from both of them thus Negating my Ataru Mastery) But after attacking he had her move to a more safer position taking 30 damage as she did so. My turn I retaliate with Dash who kills Doombot. Then he had Quinlan come down with the GMA he Conned away from Luke to deliver a Devastating Salvo with Ataru Mastery, Assassin for 4 attacks that would deal 120 damage, which is how much hp Corran had left. Moving adjacent I got to make a Jedi Reflexes AoO and got a Crit! For 50 damage! (walked into that one eh?)Needless to say Corran was a goner as Vos's attack was +20 to Corran's 21 def. Then he had DR E come down to heal up Vos. So after Corran died I devoted my Luke/Levitation Combo to hurt DR E and Vos, moving Luke right were he can pick up Ataru but was ineffective and did minimal damage. Then Fox and Shaak Ti Hound Luke and almost KO'ed him, but thankfully Shaak missed her second attack. Minor movements then onto round 3.
DB won Int again and had Aayla Pull luke to his Death. So I decided at this point to go all out and Levitated Dash into the clump of Enemies (adjacent to 3 baddies) were I could kill of at least one big character, but Dash wasn't a very good shot and didn't do enough damage.
Needless to say but he didn't last long adjacent to that many strong enemies. I was all a slaughter of me from here on out with the only really remarkable thing that happened being when Aayla Pulled Ganner to put lots of damage on only to get aced by him in return.Cool

Deaths_Baine won 188 to my 68
Fun fun match!

My downfall was overextending my pieces, horrible luck, DB's incredible Luck (he never lost Intuition even once literally and figuratively) and Force Pull coupled with great tactics.

I gotta say Force Pull was the MVP of this game it owned me for sure.
Deaths_Baine was really really close to getting a 3 point win, but time was short and I thought it was totally within his grasp.
It was a great match and I'm hoping for an awesome round 2!
Legends format is quite fun and I'm hoping to see it go farther!

P.S Deaths_Baine was vary fun to play with and very forgiving of my mistakes, just a stand up guy in general.Smile
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 6:48:10 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:

good thing in the next coupld of sets, i for one, will be voting to not include kelborn in vets all stars

WHAT!?!?OMG
Kelborn is like the best Mando piece out there (play and balence wise IMO) I couldn't imagine who I would rather include in the list if not him.
He makes the mandos fun and quite playable, especially for future Melee Mandos. Not only is he made to be better up close, but I think he really helps move the squad along. Otherwise without him I feel the Mandos would just have to go back to Full on Cloaked.
Just my 2 cents Razz
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 6:57:01 AM

Deathwielded wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

WHAT!?!?OMG
Kelborn is like the best Mando piece out there (play and balence wise IMO) I couldn't imagine who I would rather include in the list if not him.
He makes the mandos fun and quite playable, especially for future Melee Mandos. Not only is he made to be better up close, but I think he really helps move the squad along. Otherwise without him I feel the Mandos would just have to go back to Full on Cloaked.
Just my 2 cents Razz

oh I love kelborn, nothing against him. and I agree that he is one of the top pieces in mandos, I like the vindicated the most personally. I want to vote him out and replace him after a couple more v-sets come out because kelborn will be an auto include in every mando squad possible and I just like variety. basically I am hoping that between new v-sets and new legends sets that mandos will not have to rely on him.
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 7:30:41 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
Deathwielded wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

WHAT!?!?OMG
Just my 2 cents Razz

oh I love kelborn, nothing against him. and I agree that he is one of the top pieces in mandos, I like the vindicated the most personally. I want to vote him out and replace him after a couple more v-sets come out because kelborn will be an auto include in every mando squad possible and I just like variety. basically I am hoping that between new v-sets and new legends sets that mandos will not have to rely on him.

Okay I see what you mean.
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 7:59:57 AM

A lot of good games going down tonight in the Legends tournament. I will try and update so people can jump on and watch if they want to. I think we have 4 games scheduled for tonight!?
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 8:16:42 AM

theultrastar wrote:
A lot of good games going down tonight in the Legends tournament. I will try and update so people can jump on and watch if they want to. I think we have 4 games scheduled for tonight!?

sweet!
Mando
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 9:54:45 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
Deathwielded wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

WHAT!?!?OMG
Just my 2 cents Razz

Just cause he is an auto-inlcude doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed in the tournament. Kelborn isn't that expensive and squads with him in it will see plenty of variety, so i think its a very poor excuse to vote to ban him. The Mando's wouldn't be nearly as good without Kelborn. He is the movement breaker they needed. It seems petty to me to try to exclude him. I know you like him, but just cause he is a very good piece shouldn't mean he needs to be excluded. He needed to be a good piece for the faction.
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 10:01:39 AM

Kelborn is allowed in this tournament, and there are no plans to strike him from Vset Allstars. Deaths_Baine was just talking down the road in the future, and his own personal tastes.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 1:53:05 PM

Mando wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
Deathwielded wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

WHAT!?!?OMG
Just my 2 cents Razz

Just cause he is an auto-inlcude doesn't mean he shouldn't be allowed in the tournament. Kelborn isn't that expensive and squads with him in it will see plenty of variety, so i think its a very poor excuse to vote to ban him. The Mando's wouldn't be nearly as good without Kelborn. He is the movement breaker they needed. It seems petty to me to try to exclude him. I know you like him, but just cause he is a very good piece shouldn't mean he needs to be excluded. He needed to be a good piece for the faction.

hold on everyone lol. I am not talking about anytime soon or anything. And the V-set all stars list is done by majority vote anyways. I have one vote in that matter and I can tell kelborn is a fan favorite and will be staying a long long time. I was talking like 2 vsets and a couple more legends sets down the road relooking at the all stars list. the all stars list is locked into place until the next v set comes out if you ask me personally.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 5:50:14 PM

Deathwielded wrote:

P.S Deaths_Baine was vary fun to play with and very forgiving of my mistakes, just a stand up guy in general.Smile

well, everything else about the play report was true, but this....i can not stand for this type of blantant lie about my character.... Flapper
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 7:58:22 PM

about to begin my round 1 game with Darth_Rattlehead for anyone who wants to jump on Vassal and watch!
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, September 19, 2014 10:18:37 PM

Me and Rattlehead just finished our game, I got a 2pt win. It's 1:15 here, so I'm off to bed, I will write up a report tomorrow after I get home from wrestling. Thanks Richard (Darth_Rattlehead) I always enjoy games against you guys from NZ, very classy group! Really fun game!

3 games left to go in the first! Round 2 pairings coming up MONDAY!
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 5:17:03 PM

Hey guys being one of the creators and loving our set and not being able to play I would appreciate like a little summary of how the new pieces played.

when you make your play report just put a tad more focus on the TN pieces and how they played. Read all the play reports and dont really know how the pawn ability played, was it a real threat as you played, etc.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 6:05:23 PM

Dr.Daman and I just finished a fun match. It included several instances of being booted from Vassal and Skype, but it was still fun.

Thereisnotry
48 Cin Drallig, Jedi Battlemaster
39 Quinlan Vos, Double Agent
31 Commander Fox
29 Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight
27 Lobot
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
5 Rodian Diplomat
6 Rodian Brute x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
200pts, 11 activations

Dr.Daman
72 New Bane
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
38 Galactic Alliance Special Forces Trooper x2
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
12 Sith Recruit x3
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
199pts, 11 activations

I chose Evazan and a Gran for reinforcements. Dave won the map roll so we played on Anchorhead. I let him set up first (on right) and I set up on the left. I was able to shoot a Recruit at the end of Round 2. The next round, Bane charged up 12 squares (Master Speed) to chop Aayla in half (using Ambush) with Sith Rage...however, she used a fprr to Avoid Defeat, which turned out to be huge later. Quin then stepped up for vengeance, doing 120dmg to Bane. Aayla and Cin then finished Bane off...Bane did some damage to Aayla, but didn't actually kill anything during the match. The next rounds were about me killing off those pesky GA troopers and other fodder, and then gradually trying to whittle Caedus down. Evazan stepped up and stabbed him with a hypodermic needle, but then Caedus won the next init and paid him back twice. Caedus was now sitting at 10hp, and it was just a matter of who could make more Makashi/Parry saves...and that would be him, since Exar's Dark Aura was in effect. But then Quinlan managed to roll a hit, and Caedus missed his save, so he use Master Illusion, with Quinlan needing a 20 (save 16 and Dark Aura), and you guessed it: 20. That was it. Final score: 249-110 for me. As always, Dave was a great opponent.

Are we using the 3-2-0 system or the 3-2-1 system? Either way, I get a full 3pt win...and Dave gets a 1pt loss if we're using that system.

Comments on Darth Bane: Both Dave and I agreed that he was lackluster for 72pts. Even if Aayla had failed her Avoid Defeat save, he still died easily to Quinlan's slash-dance, so that's a 72-29 trade in my favor. Dark Armor 2 and a 23 base defense (27 in cover) is handy vs shooters, but he's kinda helpless against jedi. I did not see the 12-square range on his Ambush, and it took me by surprise.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 6:25:44 PM

l will be voting Cin Drallig off the v-set all-stars next time ;)
(If I get a vote)
Thanks for the extra bit on Bane
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 6:39:08 PM

thereisnotry wrote:
Dr.Daman and I just finished a fun match. It included several instances of being booted from Vassal and Skype, but it was still fun.

Thereisnotry
48 Cin Drallig, Jedi Battlemaster
39 Quinlan Vos, Double Agent
31 Commander Fox
29 Aayla Secura, Jedi Knight
27 Lobot
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
5 Rodian Diplomat
6 Rodian Brute x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
200pts, 11 activations

Dr.Daman
72 New Bane
54 Darth Caedus, Sith Lord
38 Galactic Alliance Special Forces Trooper x2
14 Exar Kun, Dark Force Spirit
12 Sith Recruit x3
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
199pts, 11 activations

I chose Evazan and a Gran for reinforcements. Dave won the map roll so we played on Anchorhead. I let him set up first (on right) and I set up on the left. I was able to shoot a Recruit at the end of Round 2. The next round, Bane charged up 12 squares (Master Speed) to chop Aayla in half (using Ambush) with Sith Rage...however, she used a fprr to Avoid Defeat, which turned out to be huge later. Quin then stepped up for vengeance, doing 120dmg to Bane. Aayla and Cin then finished Bane off...Bane did some damage to Aayla, but didn't actually kill anything during the match. The next rounds were about me killing off those pesky GA troopers and other fodder, and then gradually trying to whittle Caedus down. Evazan stepped up and stabbed him with a hypodermic needle, but then Caedus won the next init and paid him back twice. Caedus was now sitting at 10hp, and it was just a matter of who could make more Makashi/Parry saves...and that would be him, since Exar's Dark Aura was in effect. But then Quinlan managed to roll a hit, and Caedus missed his save, so he use Master Illusion, with Quinlan needing a 20 (save 16 and Dark Aura), and you guessed it: 20. That was it. Final score: 249-110 for me. As always, Dave was a great opponent.

Are we using the 3-2-0 system or the 3-2-1 system? Either way, I get a full 3pt win...and Dave gets a 1pt loss if we're using that system.

Comments on Darth Bane: Both Dave and I agreed that he was lackluster for 72pts. Even if Aayla had failed her Avoid Defeat save, he still died easily to Quinlan's slash-dance, so that's a 72-29 trade in my favor. Dark Armor 2 and a 23 base defense (27 in cover) is handy vs shooters, but he's kinda helpless against jedi. I did not see the 12-square range on his Ambush, and it took me by surprise.

looking at the squads ran, I do not think this is an optimized bane squad for our format. He works great with the sith emperor, being able to auto win init and move bane is nasty.
obiwan1knight
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 7:56:55 PM

A little while ago I finishe my game vs General_Grief. This being my first time ever competing in tournament, it was really fun.

Obiwan1knight
72 Darth Bane Dark Lord of th Sith
34 Darth Malgus Sith Warrior
28 Dash Rendar Renegade Smuggler
24 Alema Rar
14 Exar Kun DFS
8 R7 Astromech
16 Sith Recruits x4
3 Ugnaught Demo

General Grief
42 General Grievous, Hero of Hypori
30 Destroyer Droid
22 IG-100 Combat Droid (LEGENDS)
16 Nute Gunray Leader of the Naboo Blockade (LEGENDS)
15 BX Commando Droid Sniper
51 IG-86 Assasin Droid x3
9 Battle Droid Officer
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Uggie Demo x2

I may have made a mistake with General Grief's squad but that is basically it.

General won the map roll so we played on Smuggler's Den. I set up on right, him on the left. Using the LEGENDS Nute Gunray's Droideka ability, General was able to move his destroyer droid across the map and damage my R7 and kill my ugnaught at the end of the first round. The second round was a set-up round where both of us carefully placed our pieces in preparation for the nex round's slaughter. I won initiative and he went first. It jsut so happened that the peices were placed perfectly for the following scenario: Malgus ran up in the middle of his characters an repulsed 2, damaging Grievous, a IG-86, the BX Sniper (Now with 30 HP) and killing a mouse droid. The repulse pushed the BX right next to another IG-86 and a mouse droid, so Alema Rar Zapped them with lightning killing the mouse and the Sniper, and damaging the other IG-86. Getting rid of those pieces early on helped a lot, especially when I forgot that Grievous had parry and then based him with Bane, thinking I could kill him. He made 2 of his parry rolls and bodyguarded the rest with the IG-100. That left me open for his Double Twin JEdi Hunter attacks, which cut right through Bane. Dash was perfect for finishing Grievous, although Bane ended up dieing. The rest of the game was hunting down the destroyer droid and the other IG-86's. We called game after all his attackers were dead, but General Grief fought valiantly to the end.

I'm not sure how the scoring works, as this is my first time in a Tournament.

I really like the LEGENDS Darth Bane. He is perfect against shooter squads, but falls like a sack of bricks against anything with a lightsaber. I think it really helped to have Dash as shooter support.

I'm looking forward to the next match!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:23:38 PM

really really happy to see an all v set/wizards squad being ran and winning as well. I ran something very similar to yours tint. I ran the new shaak ti instead of ciin tho. Commander fox is one of my favorite v-set characters after having used him, absolutely genius piece. right up there with ben from legends for me.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:38:32 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
really really happy to see an all v set/wizards squad being ran and winning as well. I ran something very similar to yours tint. I ran the new shaak ti instead of ciin tho. Commander fox is one of my favorite v-set characters after having used him, absolutely genius piece. right up there with ben from legends for me.
I love this squad. When I saw that the list of V-Set All Stars included Cin, Quin and Aayla, I immediately knew what my first squad would be. But don't worry: I've got a bunch of other squads worked out too. I do love the beatsticks, though.