RegisterDonateLogin

Understands the binary language of moisture vaporators.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

LEGENDS Vassal Release EVENT! Options
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:46:29 PM
Groups: Member

thereisnotry wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
really really happy to see an all v set/wizards squad being ran and winning as well. I ran something very similar to yours tint. I ran the new shaak ti instead of ciin tho. Commander fox is one of my favorite v-set characters after having used him, absolutely genius piece. right up there with ben from legends for me.
I love this squad. When I saw that the list of V-Set All Stars included Cin, Quin and Aayla, I immediately knew what my first squad would be. But don't worry: I've got a bunch of other squads worked out too. I do love the beatsticks, though.

hard to go wrong with those 3 lol. I do love the legends set, I know I know, I am biased lol. but for some things for ppl to look at I personally love the nomi with the jedi exile, Lucien, zayne, and carth. I also love the all fringe squad with the hired guns. another favorite of mine is the rebel faction in general, new chewie and luke are awesome, as is rahm and galen.
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 9:49:25 AM

thereisnotry wrote:

Are we using the 3-2-0 system or the 3-2-1 system? Either way, I get a full 3pt win...and Dave gets a 1pt loss if we're using that system.

Comments on Darth Bane: Both Dave and I agreed that he was lackluster for 72pts. Even if Aayla had failed her Avoid Defeat save, he still died easily to Quinlan's slash-dance, so that's a 72-29 trade in my favor. Dark Armor 2 and a 23 base defense (27 in cover) is handy vs shooters, but he's kinda helpless against jedi. I did not see the 12-square range on his Ambush, and it took me by surprise.

We are using the 3-2-0 system.

On Bane. When we designed him we made him to be an offensive machine. On his own he can drop 120 damage. We also made him to be a hard counter against shooters with his Dark Armor 2 and Mettle. He had to have a weakness and we felt the only people worthy of dropping him were other force users as is that is why he does not have a defense against them.

We also have in our mind that we can design a Zannah to go with him that will help squads with him defensively.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 4:37:34 PM

game between spry and dieandbemetal is going on now.
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 6:01:23 PM

Ok round 1 is in the books! We had 3 players get 3pt wins in the first round, congrats to Shmi15, Spryguy, and ThereIsNoTry

Since the 1st round is all wrapped up, I will go ahead and announce the 2nd round so that everyone can go ahead and start planning their game for the next round...

2nd round! (FIGHT!)

spryguy1981 vs thereisnotry
shmi15 vs deaths_baine
pegolego vs theultrastar
scruffyhan vs obiwan1knight
amadeus vs general_grief
Dr Daman vs Mando
Darth O vs Darth Rattlehead
dieandbemetal vs deathwielded

There you go guys! Round 1 was a blast! Cannot wait to see what everyone runs in round 2!

EDIT: I omitted the dieandbemetal vs deathwielded game when I posted the original pairings, thank you pegolego for pointing that out.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 6:02:33 PM

Ok just finished up my game with Dieanbemetal.

I ran
New Anakin
GOWK
Ferus
Coruscant Guard Clone Trooper
Dr Evazan-Galactic Criminal
R2-Astro
2 Uggie
2 Mice

vs
Luke-GH
New Jaina
New Ben
Ganner
Jacen
R7
Felucian
2 Uggie

We played on Commander's Office/Ravaged Base (pick your title)

I took left, Round 1 was positioning with his squad and I towed Ferus to the turbolift where he got into Gambit. R2 opened the door and I killed an Uggie with my Coruscant guard.

Round 2 was more positioning with DaBM moving Jacen into the room with all the crates in it left of Gambit. He clustered a lot of ppl together which made it easy for GOWK to get a 4 target push. R2 towed GOWK through the double door room and locked Jacen in the other room. GOWK pushed, He killed the other uggie, put 30 on Ben, Jaina, and the R7, pushing Ben and the R7 into the lower room behind a now closed door.

Round 3 I win init and elect to go first. He suprise moved Ben to try to get R2. Anakin is within 10 squares though and Knight Speeds in to kill Ben and set Jacen off. Jaina takes an AoO from GOWK and kills R2. I then move some ppl away to preserve points knowing I am gonna eat a UtF momentarily. Ganner levs Jacen out to get a UtF on my 2 Uggies, a Mouse, Ani, Dr E. and Ferus. Ani and Ferus make their saves, Dr E misses, but makes his AD saves. He also hit the Corusant Guard with it who also made his save. Dr E then surgeries Jacen and my CGT hits him with Opp where he fails his Evade save. He uses his R7 to lock GOWK away from his still clumped squad. GOWK runs opens a door, and Ferus moves in to attack Ganner but misses.

Round 4 I win init and Knight Speed Ani to Jaina taking an AoO which he BG's to Ferus and also Djem So's 20 onto Ganner. I hit the first, 30HP, misss the 2nd, hiot the 3rd, LSD save. Still at 30. Ganner pushes Ani away and then Luke bases Ferus with 50HP to kill him. He misses, fprr miss, fprr miss, hit the 2nd. Ferus at 20 as I choose not to Block. Ferus then uses Dark Temptation to attack Luke hits, LSD luke fails, reroll saves, but Ani makes him reroll w/-2 he rolls a 12 so the 40 gets through, double 40 gets through. Ferus makes his DT save. Dr E then shoots Luke and hits for 20 which he doesn't Defense Luke is at 20HP. Jaina then runs up to Ani to attack. Hits, he fails the Djem So save fprr makes, attacks back hits Jaina at 10. 2nd attack hits, Djem So saves, Ani hits again, Jaina fails the LSD save and dies, which is huge as it will end up putting me over 200pts that round. GOWK gets another 3 FP and pushes Luke and the Felucian to death putting me over 200 but killing my Ferus too.

Final Score 207-55

Now I played my game really well, but I also have to credit this to some really really good rolls. *means they'll suck next round.* I feel like I should've only gotten 2, but with enough luck I was able to get to 200 for the 3pt win. Christian was also a victim to really bad rolls which means he'll get good ones next round. Great game, Anakin is one of my favorite pieces and he hits like a Mac Truck.
Deathwielded
Posted: Sunday, September 21, 2014 7:23:30 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Ok just finished up my game with Dieanbemetal.

I ran
New Anakin
GOWK
Ferus
Coruscant Guard Clone Trooper
Dr Evazan-Galactic Criminal
R2-Astro
2 Uggie
2 Mice

vs
Luke-GH
New Jaina
New Ben
Ganner
Jacen
R7
Felucian
2 Uggie

We played on Commander's Office/Ravaged Base (pick your title)

I took left, Round 1 was positioning with his squad and I towed Ferus to the turbolift where he got into Gambit. R2 opened the door and I killed an Uggie with my Coruscant guard.

Round 2 was more positioning with DaBM moving Jacen into the room with all the crates in it left of Gambit. He clustered a lot of ppl together which made it easy for GOWK to get a 4 target push. R2 towed GOWK through the double door room and locked Jacen in the other room. GOWK pushed, He killed the other uggie, put 30 on Ben, Jaina, and the R7, pushing Ben and the R7 into the lower room behind a now closed door.

Round 3 I win init and elect to go first. He suprise moved Ben to try to get R2. Anakin is within 10 squares though and Knight Speeds in to kill Ben and set Jacen off. Jaina takes an AoO from GOWK and kills R2. I then move some ppl away to preserve points knowing I am gonna eat a UtF momentarily. Ganner levs Jacen out to get a UtF on my 2 Uggies, a Mouse, Ani, Dr E. and Ferus. Ani and Ferus make their saves, Dr E misses, but makes his AD saves. He also hit the Corusant Guard with it who also made his save. Dr E then surgeries Jacen and my CGT hits him with Opp where he fails his Evade save. He uses his R7 to lock GOWK away from his still clumped squad. GOWK runs opens a door, and Ferus moves in to attack Ganner but misses.

Round 4 I win init and Knight Speed Ani to Jaina taking an AoO which he BG's to Ferus and also Djem So's 20 onto Ganner. I hit the first, 30HP, misss the 2nd, hiot the 3rd, LSD save. Still at 30. Ganner pushes Ani away and then Luke bases Ferus with 50HP to kill him. He misses, fprr miss, fprr miss, hit the 2nd. Ferus at 20 as I choose not to Block. Ferus then uses Dark Temptation to attack Luke hits, LSD luke fails, reroll saves, but Ani makes him reroll w/-2 he rolls a 12 so the 40 gets through, double 40 gets through. Ferus makes his DT save. Dr E then shoots Luke and hits for 20 which he doesn't Defense Luke is at 20HP. Jaina then runs up to Ani to attack. Hits, he fails the Djem So save fprr makes, attacks back hits Jaina at 10. 2nd attack hits, Djem So saves, Ani hits again, Jaina fails the LSD save and dies, which is huge as it will end up putting me over 200pts that round. GOWK gets another 3 FP and pushes Luke and the Felucian to death putting me over 200 but killing my Ferus too.

Final Score 207-55

Now I played my game really well, but I also have to credit this to some really really good rolls. *means they'll suck next round.* I feel like I should've only gotten 2, but with enough luck I was able to get to 200 for the 3pt win. Christian was also a victim to really bad rolls which means he'll get good ones next round. Great game, Anakin is one of my favorite pieces and he hits like a Mac Truck.

fun playtest! Rock V Rock battles like this are what this is all about! I love the flow of this match and how it played out.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 10:03:57 AM

so just got done playing my game with shmi15. He ran imperials:
Cad Bane
Thrawn
Starkiller's clone
Legends Tarkin
filler

I ran new republic:
Legends Han
V-set chewie
Legends Cade
Jariah syn
filler

Was an epic game, second round shmi15 double lightninged and killed my ughnaughts and had han down to 40 and the good doctor at 10 (made my avoid defeat save), naturally I moved jariah out shot critical take 50 clone, healed han with cade, popped jariah, critical dead clone. (Han had used quick shot to do 20 to the clone at start of round) but that left me with only 1 r7 as door control and none of the doors had been blown open. he had an r7 and a chadra in the back so I was losing that battle. Basically what happens next is he out maneuvers me with his better door control kills the good doctor and drops 60 on chewie. I finally get some good placement take down tarkin and some more of his filler including his r7 but he kills my r7 in return. At this point I had chewie and han left and was down 2 rounds of gambit, he had thrawn at full, cad at full chadra mouse and an ugh, so I just sat in middle and let him take the win with cad shooting and killing han who failed his dodge saves. then he rolled init and killed chewie. game took a total of 44 minutes and final score was 230- to 133.

I rolled 3 criticals during that game, but failed my poor dodges when it mattered, so I guess it evens out lol.
great fun game, can't wait to see the rest for this round.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 7:58:56 PM

Just finished my game with tint

I ran all fringe
42 Boba Fett-Hired Gun
39 Calo Nord-Bounty Hunter
36 Captain Nico Okarr
35 Hanharr-Merciless Wookiee
27 Lobot
17 Elite Czerka Technician
3 Mouse Droid

Lobot added an R7, 2 Mice, 2 Uggies

TiNT had
38 Luke SKywalker-Jedi Hero
38 Han-Rebel General
28 General Lando Calrissian
27 Biggs Darklighter-Rebel Pilot
27 Lobot
19 Princess Leia-Rebel Commando
18 Klatoonian Captain
3 Uggie Demo

Lobot brought in Caamasi, 3 Mice, 2 Uggie

Round 1 was positioning. I used Nico to smuggle Hanhaar up who claimed gambit

Round 2 I won init and he went first. I then ran Czerka in and smuggled Boba up. He activated his Klat to get the splash off and I made all saves. I then based Luke with Boba and put 40 on him and missed the 2nd attack. Boba GMA's back to Nico and then run Hanharr away so I'm not hit with Anarchist. Han shoots my czerka which I BG to Nico who then shoots Han back and crits failed evade by Han for 50. Lando misses 2 attacks on him. I then run in Calo who grenade 40's Han, Luke, and Lando all fail saves dead Han. Luke charges in from the bottom and hits the Czerka which I take on Nico who shoots back, misses, uses Gambler's Luck and kills Luke. He concedes right there.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 8:23:08 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Map?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2014 8:32:01 PM

I want to say smugglers base... but I was only in there for a second.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:27:05 AM

I just re-read Nico Okarr do not know how he slipped through.
CE is really powerful
Smuggler is ridiculous (people think tow cable is too powerful...)
Gambler's luck is powerful
Dbl, accurate, and GMA is really powerful

the guy is a beast. He single handily, it seems, controlled everything in that game.

spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 5:58:42 AM

Smugglers Base
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:08:05 AM

jen'ari wrote:
CE is really powerful

the guy is a beast. He single handily, it seems, controlled everything in that game.

Yes, he did. Congrats! Here's the first broken piece of the Legends set(s). :)
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:13:52 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
CE is really powerful

I would not say he is broken. In playtesting I think all fringe lost more then it won. Unleash the force, star killer's clone, force pull, sith battle manipulation all beat it.
I do agree that nico is really powerful, but in all honesty I think it is the czerka I designed that pushes the fringe squad to being near the level of too good. I thought they needed a damage boost and some defense, well..... I was wrong. if all fringe continues to dominate I suggest starting with changes to the czerka first followed by a drop of bodyguard off nico and a new commander effect for him.

(Great thing about not printing cards, changes are WAY easier).
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:20:08 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
CE is really powerful

sounds about like kelborn, fringe talon karde. both of which have amazing special abilities that control a game.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:44:30 AM

I also think that tint was not running an optimized rebel squad. in my opinion the best rebel squad in legends is:

legends luke
legends chewie
han smuggler
ferus olin
princess leia
reikan
lobot
2 mice
ugh
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:02:07 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
thereisnotry wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
CE is really powerful

I would not say he is broken. In playtesting I think all fringe lost more then it won. Unleash the force, star killer's clone, force pull, sith battle manipulation all beat it.
I do agree that nico is really powerful, but in all honesty I think it is the czerka I designed that pushes the fringe squad to being near the level of too good. I thought they needed a damage boost and some defense, well..... I was wrong. if all fringe continues to dominate I suggest starting with changes to the czerka first followed by a drop of bodyguard off nico and a new commander effect for him.

(Great thing about not printing cards, changes are WAY easier).

I don't know if he is broken either, but I think he is close. With everyone being very careful to not make OP characters I was shocked to read the battle report is all. Especially the emphasis on caution placed on movement breakers.
theultrastar
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:06:49 AM

I watched the game last night between Spry and TiNT and after the game me and Spry talked about the game. In my opinion it wasn't a case of any one piece being too strong it was a mixture of a lot of things. It was a mixture of Spry rolling great, and TiNT not rolling great. TiNT also ran a squad that would have a really hard time against Disruptive. On top of that Spry had a movement breaker on his side and TiNT did not. Usually in those situations, the player with the superior movement is going to win the game. Spry was able to get to Gambit in the first round, and force TiNT to come to him. The map choice also worked against TiNT as it did not provide any shooting lanes for his Rebels to take pot shots at Spry's crew. Also, on top of that TiNT didn't have the best placement as Spry was able to get a huge Grenades off on all of TiNT's big pieces.

Rebels was a faction while we were designing that we looked at and said that it wasn't where it needed to be, that we would continue to build on it through future sets. We did feel like we had a good start with the new Luke, new Chewbacca that we produced.

As far as Nico or this squad being broken. I hardly feel the same way. Starkiller's Clone would be a nightmare for that entire fringe squad. Cad Bane's Sep BH's would also give them fits. Sith Darth Bane squad is a nightmare match up. Kenobi with his soresu mastery is able to go in to the heart of their squad and cause a lot of trouble. Any squad rocking Force Pull is going to tear it up, and one of the top builds in this set features not 1, but 2 pieces with Force Pull. Unleash The Force, also would be very good against this squad. There is probably more, these are just the ones jumping to mind.

That being said, yes all fringe squads built around Nico, Calo, and Boba are strong. Absolutely. Not broken though.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:43:05 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
I also think that tint was not running an optimized rebel squad. in my opinion the best rebel squad in legends is:

legends luke
legends chewie
han smuggler
ferus olin
princess leia
reikan
lobot
2 mice
ugh

I think anything Trevor runs is optimized for competitive play. He is a gencon champ after all and is the best player I've ever gone against.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:52:41 AM

Mando wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

legends luke
legends chewie
han smuggler
ferus olin
princess leia
reikan
lobot
2 mice
ugh

I think anything Trevor runs is optimized for competitive play. He is a gencon champ after all and is the best player I've ever gone against.

Well the squad he ran wasn't It didn't work the way he thought it did is what I was told by his opponent