RegisterDonateLogin

Is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Veterans of War, Vassal League Release! Options
droidadmiral
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2015 4:40:28 PM
Groups: Member

i really wish i could take part in this, sadly my work/school/life schedule won't allow me to do it. i was checking out some of the pieces in this set and its about time lobot got a silver bullet, screw that crutch piece. i also look forward to the fringe corran horn, jenos w/e with whistler.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:05:49 AM

yeah, I don't like lobot either, and I hope it will help make people play squads that are set from the beginning. not like jabba will be played in every single game, but at least now it is a real gamble to bring lobot.
Mando
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 11:04:58 AM

theultrastar wrote:
Mando wrote:
Just as a suggestion for this tournament, but could we get 6 pieces for each faction for the V-set All-Stars and have the BH challenge piece Darth Sidious, Sith Mastermind added? BigGrin

I'd really like to play the new Vader in Veteran's, but there are hardly any commanders that cost more than him that aren't named Vader. the new Vaders Unrivaled ability really makes him unplayable in a faction that is good because of the CE's it has. At 57 pts, good luck getting anyone else to have a CE in that game. Also, whats with the lack of Vong still in the All-Stars?

And also, last tournament we had 6 pieces per faction (12 for fringe) from the V-sets. Why the decrease to 4/8 respectively?

Because we use the Vsets more as support. We will more than likely eventually cut it down to V20. I personally would like to phase out the Vsets completely from what we do, but then again I enjoy certain aspects like the Sith Pawn. Why remake it, when we can just give him a slot in V20? Same with the Klat Black Sun Thug. Anyways, as we make more sets we plan to decrease what V-Set stuff we keep as legal?

Is there a reason the Vong don't get any love in the V-set All Stars tho? Or in creating any pieces for them in these new custom sets? I'm suspecting some vong hate right about now. Laugh
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 12:13:59 PM

Lets keep the free registration rolling in. Lots of money for grabs.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 1:01:25 PM

Mando wrote:
theultrastar wrote:
Mando wrote:
Just as a suggestion for this tournament, but could we get 6 pieces for each faction for the V-set All-Stars and have the BH challenge piece Darth Sidious, Sith Mastermind added? BigGrin

I'd really like to play the new Vader in Veteran's, but there are hardly any commanders that cost more than him that aren't named Vader. the new Vaders Unrivaled ability really makes him unplayable in a faction that is good because of the CE's it has. At 57 pts, good luck getting anyone else to have a CE in that game. Also, whats with the lack of Vong still in the All-Stars?

And also, last tournament we had 6 pieces per faction (12 for fringe) from the V-sets. Why the decrease to 4/8 respectively?

Because we use the Vsets more as support. We will more than likely eventually cut it down to V20. I personally would like to phase out the Vsets completely from what we do, but then again I enjoy certain aspects like the Sith Pawn. Why remake it, when we can just give him a slot in V20? Same with the Klat Black Sun Thug. Anyways, as we make more sets we plan to decrease what V-Set stuff we keep as legal?

Is there a reason the Vong don't get any love in the V-set All Stars tho? Or in creating any pieces for them in these new custom sets? I'm suspecting some vong hate right about now. Laugh

actually there are a few reasons why, number 1, we just don't like them lol, at least the original group for this play style didnt. the second reason is that none of us feel confident designing vong pieces, because we are not that familiar with the faction/lore of these people. i know a little about them from the book with vau rapuung sure i spelled that wrong off hand lol. basically we don't want to design what we don't know.

but i have hear some mumblings about looking for people that would like to design some vong for this play style and reintroducing them later, but that may just be heresy.----hearsay, see what i did there
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:15:17 PM

Just watched in epic practice skirmish. Very competitive play from two great players, really fun to watch. The armies were really a joy, they worked well and one VoW piece in particular played a lot larger role than I thought, sweet
droidadmiral
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 8:17:17 AM

wow messing around with some of these pieces and I really think mandos have a lot going for them if I was able to play I would run:

Artus Lok
Rexutu
Mobile Command Center
Demagol
Kelborn
Mando Captain
Mando Demolitionist
2ughs
2 mice
1 r7 astro
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 10:22:26 AM

that is a pretty fun looking squad. demagol is a pretty big beast in our version, counter push is crazy good.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 12:36:17 PM

i also think there is a squad possible with the great shadow father, but i will let you put that one together.
droidadmiral
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 3:28:07 PM

in new republic i think i would run:

Luke Galactic hero
Jaina Solo, galactic hero
Streen, leader of the jedi praxeum
Jacen Solo
Leia Skywalker, jedi knight
2 ughnaughts
r7 astro
1 mouse
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 4:40:01 PM

Interesting and fun looking armies.
I am interested what you would run in OR
droidadmiral
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 5:03:08 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Interesting and fun looking armies.
I am interested what you would run in OR

interesting question... at first look i would run:

Nomi Sunrider, Battle Coordinator
Jenos Idanian
Ulic Qel-Droma Jedi Knight
Cay Qel-Droma
Jedi Consular
2 jedi engineers
3 younglings
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 5:14:13 PM

The Jenos Idanian trick is brilliant, never thought about matching that up with Nomi, opportunist Blaster 20 at the end of Nomi's turn could be fun.
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, January 9, 2015 8:19:20 PM

Real quick just wanted to say I have had a blast playing games with you all getting ready for the tournament. A part from getting booted the other night, and a couple hold up's due to rules questions, the game with Mando on Vassal was very fun. Mando you have made a really tough squad man
juice man
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2015 5:57:49 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
yeah, I don't like lobot either, and I hope it will help make people play squads that are set from the beginning. not like jabba will be played in every single game, but at least now it is a real gamble to bring lobot.
Why not just put it in your rules? You guys have lots of other rules for this that make sense.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2015 6:09:15 AM

juice man wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
Why not just put it in your rules? You guys have lots of other rules for this that make sense.

because some other people like lobot. if it were up to me sure I would love to just straight ban him.
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2015 2:55:48 PM

I'd love to ban him myself, but at least the silver bullet is nice.
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2015 6:23:40 PM

What? don't ban him, he brings in Bossk, Mercenary!
He is perfect, now the person to ban would be Thrawn, but lets not go there because of the Cursing
haha
SignerJ
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2015 7:00:18 PM

I'd love to play with you all, but I don't think things'll work out for me this time around. Oh well. Have fun! Laugh
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, January 10, 2015 8:20:56 PM

One OR army I was thinking about running would be:

Revan *LEGENDS*
The Jedi Exile (gives extra)
Zaalbar (bodyguard for Revan)
Carth Onasi, Republic Soldier
Figrin D'an
4 mouse Droids
3 Ugnaughts

Cartho Onasi goes to Double twin with GMA and cunning (same as Revan) (capable of doing 120 damage and can have a 16 attack (+4 cunning and +3 from revanchist).

Zaalbar actually becomes decent as well if he is able to get off his three adjacent attacks dealing 90 damage with a possible 14 attack. (why can't Revan give poor Zaalbar GMA? he was his friend too)

Figrin D'an and Zaalbar keep people alive.

Once again, I just do not know if it has enough defense. but the damage is wonderful if you can get it off ;)