RegisterDonateLogin

My give up, my give up.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Veterans of War, Vassal League Release! Options
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 5:27:43 PM
Groups: Member

Almost that time... It's getting exciting, so much tinkering for different armies and not a lot of time to play-test. Makes it interesting!
SithBot
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 8:51:38 PM

Ready to kick off the league with a Bang! I am pysched! Woot probably going to be the first done and than have to wait 3 weeks for everyone else Bored

If everyone gets done earlier than the time period will this portion of the league end?

Here's hoping for some sweet matches

theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2015 9:35:28 PM

A little less than 30 minutes left to sign up for anyone out there interested in playing for $300.00 cash. Tick, tock, tick, tock.
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 11:42:19 AM

Ok, schedules are done, I am about to send them out to everyone. Just wanted to thank everyone who signed up! You all are amazing. 18 Players. That tops our previous release event which drew 16.

So all 18 players have been separated into 4 divisions. Which I assigned names to. (I'm running this just like Fantasy Football) We have Rancor, Wampa, Acklay, and Rakghoul Divisions. Two of the Divisions have 5 players (Rancor, Acklay)

All players have until Feb 16th to get their games in! You can play your games in any order you choose, it's just up to you to get your games finished.

At the end of the league, the 4 Divisional Champions will play off for the Championship and the 300 Dollars Cash. Good luck to everyone, and may the force be with you!

-Rancor Division-
shmi15
spryguy1981
DarthO
Mando
Amadeus

-Wampa Division-
Dr Daman
sharron
Obiwan1knight
darth_nevar

-Acklay Division-
Jen'ari
Sithbot
Justin Cook
Pegolego
Minijedi

-Rakghoul Division-
theultrastar
deaths_baine
Dieandbemetal
DarthRattlehead
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 11:55:36 AM

Well, people in my division, I suggest you just start making armies with lots and lots of LEGENDS and VoW pieces so you have a chance at some kind of an award Flapper
just kidding, divisions look good. Can't wait for schedules. Thanks for doing all the organizational work Ultrastar
theultrastar
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 12:25:00 PM

Schedules have been sent out. Also, I have accepted Darth Jim's invitation to come on the SHNN. That will be taking place this Thursday, Jan 22nd. I urge everyone to tune in/log on, and participate in the conversation that's going to happen.

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=63807

That's a link for everyone out there who has never listened to the show. If you support what we are doing here. Tune in and follow along as I talk to Jim, and the gang on the SHNN. Once again that's this Thursday, Jan 22nd. I believe it kicks off, at 10pm Eastern. That's 9 Central, 7 for everyone out on the west coast. Jim feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 1:21:47 PM

daman and darth o, this is ludicrous. hahaha, can't wait to play such awesome opponents! I may take a game seriously, lol, like that ever happends. BUT ULTRASTAR I AM COMING FOR YOU, THE ONLY OPPONENT I EVER AND ALWAYS TAKE SERIOUS, PREPARE FOR A LEGENDARY WAR WITH BLOOD, GUTS, DEATH, AND GLORY!!!
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 2:13:02 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
daman and darth o, this is ludicrous. hahaha, can't wait to play such awesome opponents! I may take a game seriously, lol, like that ever happends. BUT ULTRASTAR I AM COMING FOR YOU, THE ONLY OPPONENT I EVER AND ALWAYS TAKE SERIOUS, PREPARE FOR A LEGENDARY WAR WITH BLOOD, GUTS, DEATH, AND GLORY!!!

C'mon man, you left me out of the awesome opponent list?!?
Messed up bro
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 3:21:23 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Messed up bro

nope your not in the awesome opponents list I play you to much to include you. you are like..... practice buddy lol.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 4:16:01 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Messed up bro

nope your not in the awesome opponents list I play you to much to include you. you are like..... practice buddy lol.

Ouch
This is kind of like my first girlfriend telling me that she does not want to be my girlfriend, just friends with benefits.

Ya, it sucks, but might as well make the best of it. there are still benefits
jerk

Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2015 4:55:38 PM

nothing personal bro, I am just excited to play people I have never played, or don't recall playing, and to have a good time. I like just playing for fun and not getting to overly worked up about it. heck I don't even have a single squad ready or anything lol.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:49:43 AM

Except I'm pretty sure Luke can't move and throw his lightsaber because Throw 3 replaces turn.
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:54:31 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Except I'm pretty sure Luke can't move and throw his lightsaber because Throw 3 replaces turn.

That crossed my mind while reading too lol.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:16:03 AM

haha, man that sucks because that definitely changed the course of the game for Sithbot dealing the damage and getting away from Quinlan's . Sorry, my mistake Sithbot. I should have caught that. Definitely willing to replay a new game. What is the protocol for stuff like that? Since it definitely made a large difference.
My apologies, starting the league with scandal.

pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:18:05 AM

jen'ari wrote:
haha, man that sucks because that definitely changed the course of the game for Sithbot dealing the damage and getting away from Quinlan's . Sorry, my mistake Sithbot. I should have caught that. Definitely willing to replay a new game. What is the protocol for stuff like that? Since it definitely made a large difference.
My apologies, starting the league with scandal.

Believe me, mistakes on complicated rules/abilities, and even oversights on less-so ones (such as this case) happen, it's only a matter of time before they occur in a competitive enviroment. I'm sure it'd be fine to replay the game if both of you want to/have time to get the extra game in (but I'm not the governing power on this decision, so I don't know for sure lol).
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:51:59 AM

So looking at my schedule here's the plan. Shmi I shall crush you beneath the heel of my shoe, Jen'ari I shall grind you on a millstone like flour, Ultra nah cant think of anything, Daman I am coming for you, O you'll somehow have a perfect counter to me, you always do.
theultrastar
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 7:58:45 AM

Jen'ari, if you and Sithbot can replay, then do that, as that is pretty huge. If everyone will send me a message prior to their game I will try to be online for the game, should the game need a judge.
Minijedi
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:09:19 AM

hey spry at least you dont have to play me and my "impossibly awesome save rolls" XD
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:57:40 AM

Sithbot I will message you to set up a new time, hope you can make it. slip up man.
Loved the play report though.
SithBot
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:05:01 PM

Well, it definitely messed things up for the match. Not that familiar with V-Sets as I stopped playing early on. Got the replay set up for next week so I will delete the play report as discussed. :)