Veterans of War, Vassal League Release! Options
SithBot
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:33:51 PM
Groups: Member

Played pegolego in a battle of offense vs. defense and Brawn

My army titled "Coordinated charge"
Master Thon 64
Nomi Sunrider (WotC) (yes sir)
Meetra Surik, Redeemed Jedi (thank you community, sweet piece)
Tott Doneeta, KotR (VoW)
1 R7
3 Mouse Droids
2 ugnaughts

pegolego's army (dont know the title, pego help out)

Vader (VoW)
Starkiller's Clone (LEGENDS)
Tarkin (LEGENDS)
2 scout trooper snipers (VoW)
Lobot (brought in Gamorrean bodyguard, 1 ugnaught, and 2 mouse droids)

He choose the Bothan Spynet map, which was good for Thon, everything seemed to go Old Republics way tonight. pego's rolls were not great, missing some shots he should have got and init rolls.

I gave the force point to Nomi, i gave Tott makashi and Meetra Soresu.
My army depends on saves, Tott has a +2 to his makashi save and his reroll would be a +6 when mounted on Thon, Thon has a +2 to saves and rerolls (mof 2) (with mettle from Nomi) has a +6 to saves. Meetra has soresu and save is +4. Tarkin's disruptive hurt that idea a lot and if he kills a unique i fail all my saves until the end of the round.

I set up on right side in the open hallway.
He set up in left in open hallway, you know it was going down.
I went first and set up most of my pieces behind the wall thingy, he set up his pieces about 10 squares down the hallway, he moved Starkiller's throne up as far as possible.
This move dictated the whole game. I was able to use 2 force points from Thon to become adjacent to the clone and with tott mounted hit him for 70.

Round 2. crucial initiative. I win it (pegolego's rolls tonight were unfortunately not good). I move Thon away and move back and kill the Clone.
Vader runs up and swings at Tott, but he makashi saves it away. He shoots at Tott and misses. I activate Force barrier. and move some pieces, he moves bodyguard up. I keep Nomi in the back

Round 3, i win intitiative again.
Thon force repulses. deals 40 to bodyguard, tarkin, and kills some filler deals 30 to Vader (dark armor), in the process Tott takes 40 and some filler dies. he runs Vader adjacent again and swings, i think it was saved by a LD, and moves bodyguard adjacent. Tott attacks Vader for 20. Tott is shot by a Sniper and down to 50. Meetra heals tott so he is not down to 50 and final shot is not in effect.

Round 4, pego wins init
Vader sith rages adv attack thon. all three hit. Meetra keeps using Nomi's FP to use Lightsaber protection. thon LD's another and takes 40. Meetra moves and takes an AoO from Vader for 30 and kills the bodyguard. Thon moves takes an AoO which was lightsaber protected and hits first and criticals the second, killing Vader.
Thon is hit for 20 by sniper. Tott activates force barrier

Round 5, Meetra moves to kill Tarkin, Thon takes another 20 i think and than kills the sniper.

game ended 200-36

pegolego is the man and made sure things were done right and reminded me of lightsaber trainer and things, stand out guy. one move changed the outcome of the game. Really fun match up of old good guys vs. newer bad guys.

Thon with tott was absolutely beast! I wanted Tott to force push someone 1 square and than immediately have Thon step forward and it them for 70. I think it would be a sweet combo, but he kept placing people right behind so I could not do it. great game from a great guy and two "experimental" armies that were a lot of fun

pegolego
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:49:53 PM

Everything Sithbot said looks correct!

It was indeed a fun game, and Sithbot brought a very interesting squad to defeat me. Some excellent synergy there.

If I had it to do over, I probably don't get so greedy and keep Starkiller back an extra space, but as well as Sithbot played (and yes, rolls weren't super friendly either lol), I think he still easily would have won the game, most likely.

I was amazed at how well he played his squad for it being the first time he tried it. Knew each and every ability at his disposal (except maybe didn't consider using Nomi to sever Starkiller's Force? Didn't need to, of course, in the end lol), and used them to their fullest potential.

This guy is one to watch throughout the rest of the tournament! I look forward to once again competing with him, sometime Smile

In other news, despite two major tournament losses, I STILL have yet to learn not to underestimate the large based beast with a lightsaber in it's paw and a hero on it's back... Sneaky
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:05:54 PM

SWEET!! tott did well. I love Tott and was worried about his design, seeing other 30 point pieces bring a lot to the table I thought Tott was limited. Glad to see him do well.
Great build!! I have been looking for good OR builds and since I am biased to LEGENDS Nomi never ever made this connection. awesome build!

You have brought in some cool squads. Can't wait to see what you put up against me in our replay game next week!
pegolego
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 9:09:57 PM

I was also quite impressed at how well the classic LotF Nomi was used in Sithbot's squad!
theultrastar
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 8:38:33 AM

Old Nomi is a piece like Cay Qel Droma that if I ever see anyone run it, I'm instantly impressed. So cudos to you Sithbot!
darth_Nevar
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 11:16:29 AM

just finished my game with minijedi

it was a battle of the republic versus fringe. Mini won map and selected grand plaza. We actually had an interesting map roll he rolled a 17 i believe and i rolled a 19 but since he was running jabba it was a tie. we rerolled and both got a 14 so Jabba made it a 16 for him and he won.

i ran a squad packed with jedi goodies. mace from the legends set shaak ti from legends and kit fisto from the veterans of war set. 3 of my very favorite characters. Mini ran fringe with Jabba from veterans boba from legends and calo from legends. He had heavy door control with 2 chadra fan slicers as well.

it was a really fun game first round due to the large open area in the plaza mini was able to shoot one of my uggs. I was able to tow mace and let him use crush on jariah syn which at the time i didn't think was worth it but I just wanted to do it to kill something. It was very satisfying. I love force crush.

minijedi did not win an init this entire game and he missed a lot of attacks while shooting with calo nord. in the 2nd round he did a little damage to Mace brought him down to 80 hit points. I rushed him with shaak ti and based both boba and calo. I put 60 damage on boba here. i thought the play was risky because if i didn't win init i would probably lose shaak ti but i figured if she put 60 on boba and forced both calo and boba to kill her at the start of the next round that i would have got all i needed out of her. as luck would have it though mini lost init and I was able to move her into cover from calo while basing boba and drop another 60 killing him. Mini tried once again to attack her and missed both of his shots, and we called the game there.

so i won 3 point win i do believe. I had a lot of fun thanks mini for being such a good sport.
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 8:15:45 PM

Just played Dr Daman and the whole game was sort of convoluted with confusion reigning supreme. Ultimately the game ended in a 105-105 tie. There was confusion on the time limit. Which wouldve changed both of our strategies at the end to account for the game.

It was Rebel Heroes vs. Thrawn/Cad/Mara

My rolls stunk, but because I spent all game in gambit I was able to keep the game manageable.
Mando
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 9:00:21 PM

Just finished my game with Darth_Nevar. We played on smugglers base. I got the 2pt win with the final score being 140-105. Very close game!

My squad was:
--Veteran Jedi Hunters--
51 Durge, Jedi Hunter
42 General Grievous, Hero of Hypori
37 Aurra Sing
20 General Whorm Loathsom
16 San Hill (Veterans)
8 Muun Tactics Broker
12 Klatooinian Black Sun Thug x2
5 Caamasi Noble
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 12 activations)

--Cade Blade KaCHOO--
49 Cade Skywalker (Legends)
33 Deliah Blue
29 Ganner Rhysode
25 Jacen Solo
24 Jariah Syn
23 Anakin Solo
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Mouse Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

Where to begin. This game had so many things happen that you just rarely see. I failed an init even tho i used Tactics Broker...yeah i rolled a 1 and then lost the ensuing roll off with Nevar. Perfectly awesome spinning blad attack gone to waste. Jace did his Unleash the force after Aurra Sing did a lightsaber sweep killing Ganner and almost killing Cade and Deliah (she was one of the lucky ones that could improbably not get hit this game) after Greivous did a Spinning Blade attack to soften them up a bit, but ultimately fail at taking out his intended target: Jacen. had I gotten the hits i needed on Jacen, i wouldn't have suffered 1 of the 2 Unleash the forces i endured this game. I needed 4's....i rolled 2's. Durge went on a rampage and killed Cade and then took out his wrath on the poor R7. I needed a lot to hit him, but i figure 4 of my attacks should be able to do it. only one hits and it was a crit, which means nothing to the droid. he lives, and Jacen finishes the job after Anakin pushes Greivous away alowing Jacen to moved up without taking aoo's and do his Unleash the Force. Jacen also, fortunately for me kills Deliah in the blast. Durge dies, but Aurra and Greivous make the save and only take 30 each. next round i have a perfect opportunity to finish of the pesky Anakin Solo who has enough force to do a Unleash the Force attack. I need 3's to hit with my twin attacking carefully accurate jedi hunting Aurra. I hit with the first, but roll a 2 for the second attack. I have a force point and think "well this should work" and reroll the attack and get a....1. Anakin lives and immediately makes me pay for not killing him off. Aurra fails the save and dies, but greivous hangs on with 10HP. Greivous kills Jacen and then moves up adjacent to Anakin. Jariah isn't able to get the needed to finish him off and the games ends due to time. This game was very close and Darth Nevar's squad was really hard to beat with my Veteran Jedi Hunters. It was a great game! Very fun! It had all sorts of drama in it, but in the end the Jedi Hunters prevailed..but just barely. The old school Aurra Sing was my mvp of the match. Gotta love the lightsaber sweep with Twin attack!
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 9:52:17 PM

Just played the younger, not as good looking but better at mini's brother Deaths_Baine. We always play with gusto when we face off. wait til I smack down Justin Cook (again) those are free for alls.

Anyway my army consisted of 6 activations

*Sith Gods*

Darth Revan (WotC)
Darth Sidious (LEGENDS)
Darth Malak, Sith Apprentice (VoW)
2 uggies
1 mouse droid

His army (I will title it) consisted of

*Fag losers that somehow get +4 defense against force users and no one knows why*
The Great Shadow Father (LEGENDS)
Artus Lok (LEGENDS)
Shae Vizla
Kelborn
Bossk (LEGENDS)
R7
2 Ugnaughts

We played on the Grand plaza so Sidious can move around. I move out and he moves out and takes some pop shots at malak.
next round he resol'nares up (he didn't have to, he could have stayed back and won the game but decided to duke it out.
he kills Malak second round with mando charge from Artus.
So i get Sidious adj to shadow father. Sidious is straight, absolute beast. He killed Bossk, the Shadow father, and Artus Lok.

you think i would have the game won, but no. Revan is left
He double flamethrowers him and runs away. Revan is not impressed, he runs adj to Kelborn smacks him, than wins init and kills him. he dbl flamethrowers, i was always under the impression that if you leave a door it auto closes, but apparently if you start adjacent to it it stays open until the end of the round, which is silly if you ask me.

anyway next round i force corrupt Shae vizla, she keeps failing her saves. I run Revan away (to gain a force point), he runs Shae up. Now its critical time to make a decision. Does Revan keep running away knowing that he will die if he charges in or does he charge in putting faith in his corruption? I decide to charge in and get adjacent, hoping Shae dies in his arms through corruption with a roll of 11. and thinking that even if he doesnt die he still has to hit me because a flame thrower will kill both.
Shae makes the corruption save, i forgot about flight and her just moving away, but Shae wants the pleasure of killing him more personally and rolls, needs a 5, rolls a 6.

Anyway, thoughts on the game are: Deaths_Baine rolls were absolutely terrible, people like to say that a lot, but I think i used illusion 6 times and he made one save. He consistently needed like 6's and things and missed a lot, did Kelborn ever hit an attack? i dont think he did.

Fun game where nothing is held back, no running away to fight another day, no messing around, Mando's proved that they are willing and capable of going in with the Sith Gods and messing them up. I can see Shae Vizla telling her tale of glory on the field of battle.

Very fun game. Sidious is a monster

Game over, he had a 10 pt Shae vizla and an ugnaught, I had a mouse droid.
SithBot
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 10:06:19 PM

A lot of games today!
The old Durge and old Aurra Sing, that's amazing! you do not see those played very much in my experience.
hmm.. how did San Hill do?

Mace Windu crushing some Bounty Hunters, sounds like that actually happened in the verse, pretty cool.

What the heck?!? is going on with the Sith vs. Mando game? I don't know if it is epic or silly.

But with the outcome being a Shae Vizla with 10, one ugnaught, and one mouse droid, what more can you ask for?

Can't wait for our game jen'ari. I have something special for you!

Mando
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 10:50:58 PM

SithBot wrote:
A lot of games today!
The old Durge and old Aurra Sing, that's amazing! you do not see those played very much in my experience.
hmm.. how did San Hill do?

the Veterans of War San Hill did great! I like him more than the WotC San Hill personally, cause I'd rather have a movement breaker and init control over slowing down the game one activation at a time. I like how he can sacrafice hte Muun Tactics Broker with Millitary Investments when you need to, which is what i did in my game when i didn't want to run the risk of San Hill dying and making it so my Muun Broker would kill off my entire squad. Great piece! It was fun using the old Aurra and Durge again. They really work well in the squad filling their specific roles. Durge kills the big beat stick, but can also clear away swarms. Aurra can clear swarms with Lightsaber Sweep, but also shoot at a high attack (+19 with careful shot and Jedi Hunter) with Accurate Shot which is really handy when dealing with stealth. Grievous in my squad was mostly there to be a swarm clearer and melee beatstick (helps to that he is a Cyborg and can be moved with San Hill's Millitary Investments SA which can set up some really nice Spinning Blade Attacks).
Mando
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 9:04:08 PM

Just had my game with Amadeus. I got crushed. We played on Rhen Var and i lost 200-62. 3pt win for Amadeus.

My squad was:
--Revan and Malak Veterans Tournament--
73 Darth Revan
33 Sith Emperor (Legends)
44 Sith Marauder x2
35 Darth Malak (Veterans)
6 Mouse Droid x2
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3

(200pts. 10 activations)

Amadeus's squad was:

57 General Grievous, Droid Army Commander
85 IG-86 Assassin Droid x5
16 Battle Droid Sergeant
13 Czerka Scientist
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2

Well you can imagine how this match went. I'll give you the gory details. I won init a lot. I got 2 sith sorcery's off. but in the end, 5 IG-86's shooting for 40dmg a hit with twin and never missing cause they shoot at +21 attack with opportunist means instant death for any jedi/sith squad. My squad has a few tricks that allowed me to get 62pts, but that was about it. I knew from the beggining of the match that i had no chance to win, cause i needed Amaedus to fail every sorcery save and that just didn't happen. if just a couple ig's make it through the save, the sith just died really quickly. The Czerka scientist gave jolt also, which made things horrible for my guys. Malak never even got a chance to attack, but did get his Dark Presence to contribute some, but unfortunately not enough. Despite my best efforts to try and get a advantage, the sheer numbers and hp of the ig-swarm we too much. I had 2 movement breakers in the squad, and it worked great (especially to set up some good Sith sorcerery's), but in the end there was just no chance of taking all the droids out. Good game by Amadeus! I talked with him a lot afterwards about old WotC squads that could deal with the old IG swarm. Might have to start using them again, cause this IG swarm was a really good meta call on Amadeus's part.
Dr Daman
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 11:42:39 PM

So what is the time limit for our games? This was the confusion in the game between me and spry. Is it 75 or 80 (as the 1st post says) and does it include setup?
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2015 8:06:12 AM

Time for games is 80 minutes. Leading up to the tournament we played an 75 on the games, but we decided to tag the extra 5 minutes on since most players are using these pieces for the first time. Which is why (while I posed 80) I have been saying 75. Anyways, once again apologies for the confusion. Set up does not count for any of this time. Time begins after both players are set up and ready to play.
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2015 10:17:53 AM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gekhrb3qqr22xbb/VoW.mdx?dl=0

This is a link for the Veterans of War Vassal Extension, I will also be posting it to the initial post on page 1. Thank you to Amadeus for hooking us up with that!
SithBot
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2015 5:01:43 PM

Just finished my replay game with Jen'ari. In a reversal of our previous choices, I played New Republic and he played Republic. I heard he likes to brawl it out, so I tried to make an army fast paced to have it out. He did not disappoint.

My army
*The Skywalker Inheritance*
Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter
Luke Skywalker, GH
Mara Jade, Jedi
Ben Skywalker *LEGENDS*
3 ugnaughts
1 mouse droid

His army (I asked him)
*Leaders of the Republic*
Anakin SKywalker, Hero with no Fear *LEGENDS*
Mace Windu, Master of the Force *LEGENDS*
Yoda, Defender of the Jedi Temple *LEGENDS*
R2-D2
Felucian
2 ugnaugths

I won map and chose Rhen Var Citadel

He set up on left and I set up on right. First round went fast with us getting to the first door.

2nd round i set up on the top right corner and he set up on the bottom door. and he manages to tow Mace and let him force crush Mara Jade, she used a force point to only take 30.

3rd round the fun begins, and it went fast. I surprise move Ben out. He moves a felucian up and it takes an AoO and i kill it he admits he was pretty smug at that point ;)
I move Ben out and force pull Anakin out, hit him, he djem so, sith rage
Mara moves and Assaults, hits all four, Anakin dies. He made first djem so save and hits for 20. he than makes the second Djem so save and sith rages (he said he was saving them for rerolls, I asked if he wanted the first one to be +10 as it was just a slip up, he said he was purposefully saving them for rerolls) djem so, makes it, hit.
He tows Yoda up to the front where he can attack Mouse droid, 2 ugnaughts, Luke, Mara, Cade, and Ben.
He precision 2's Cade, hits Luke, Hits Ben, precision 2's Mara, she fails L block, dead.
I use Cade to kill R2-D2 and hit Yoda for 40, i need 6's roll 3, 3, reroll 5.... miss all.
Luke moves to Yoda and now has Ataru style mastery and lands all 4 attacks, Yoda Lightsaber d's one.
Mace moves up 6 and kills Ben. Move ugnaughts up to get some allies around.

Round 4.
I have a 100 point Luke and a 70 point Cade. He has a 50 point Yoda and a full HP mace.
He wins init. activates Yoda and attacks and hits Luke (he tried to defend, but failed) and Cade, He throws and hits Cade.
My turn: Luke hits with both and he fails LD save. Dead Yoda.
Cade moves out shoot ugnaught and shoots mace twice, splash kills other ugnaught. (if he had moved ugnaught elsewhere to not give me ataru...) He moves 3 back.

Mace backlashes and attacks Luke 3 times all hit. Luke LD's one and takes one normal hit and one critical (should have waited to try and LD a critical).

Round 5
Init, he rolls a 17, i roll a 20!!!
Luke activates and as Mace is the only character in his army left I have ataru style. He has a 90 HP mace. I have 4 attacks each doing 30. I hit all 4, he LD's second to last, makes it, Ld's the last, makes it. down to 30.
Mace activates and ends Luke.
Cade activates has 4 attacks, mace has no force points and is at a 24 defense, Cade needs 2 12's or good splash damage. first roll is a 9 (he makes splash save), second is a 17, third is a 12, dead mace.

we both got gambit starting third round. 1 more space back for the Anakin and force pull would not have been a viable option (he did not factor in surprise move). and its a different game.

I think it ended with my score as 229 and he had 168. I don't know what that means point wise.

That Yoda did the following damage:
killed 2 ugnaughts and a mouse droid.
Dealt 80 dmg to Cade, 40 dmg to Luke, 40 dmg to Mara (killing her), 20 dmg to Ben
pretty impressive really, he was fun to hop around stabbing things and when he lands fromthe final attack thorwing his saber to slice someone.

The Cade Skywalker (with +2 atk and GMA) did not do as well as I thought he would, but got the job done ;)
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2015 7:19:04 PM

What a game, wish I had not left Anakin out so he could be force pulled, Mara Jane'd to death, but what can you do? he has no fear.
Great and fun action packed game. First time I used Yoda, he did do some damage and was quite fun. Glad to see a Yoda that gets up in the action and whose force powers are combat based.
Mace Windu did well, force crush Yes! I wish it was save for 40 damage though, it is 4 force points we are talking here.
Fun game, I lost again by a very small margin (Shae with 10 and this time a Cade with 30). I guess I cant play my cards right ;)

$300.00 better start just using some vow and legends pieces so i can claim some kind of an award. Next up: Spryguy on Tuesday night.
Amadeus
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2015 2:42:04 PM

Well ladies and gents, it's time for another play report from yours truly!

Last night I had the pleasure of going up against Minijedi, just a night after my skirmish with Mando. Here's the squads!

Minijedi (I don't have the name, will update it if possible!)
88 Darth Revan (WotC)
82 Darth Sidious, Legacy of the Darkside (LGND)
35 Darth Malak, Sith Apprentice (VoW)
Assorted mice/ugnaughts

Amadeus (Didn't have time to build a new squad so used backup again)
--Revenge of the Non-Uniques--
57 General Grievous, Droid Army Commander
85 IG-86 Assassin Droid x5
16 Battle Droid Sergeant
13 Czerka Scientist
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2

As you can see, my squad does not contain any TN pieces. This is because the squad I had settled on for Mando's game suddenly fell apart when I realized a certain character did not have a certain ability about 15 minutes before the game started. So I picked this one out of my squad bank since I figured it'd have a better chance than the rest of my squads in there and it was legal. Didn't have time to make another one on sunday either so just used the same squad.

Now, let's step into the game zone!

Can't remember who won map roll, however both of us wanted Rhen Var Citadel so that worked out fairly easily. I set up on the left, Minijedi on right. At this point I was getting some crazy deja vu since just last night I was playing on the same map, on the same side, with the same squad, against a very similar squad.

Now to save time I'm just going to let you know I lost init every single time even without sidious's tactician needing to be added. The start of the round was Minijedi's oyster; between winning init, sidious's intuition, and Revan's CE, he definitely had some early round power. However, his squad was composed of two very expensive pieces, and that gave him very few activations to play with, leaving the end of round mostly in my court between my high act count and the ig-86's opportunist. Thankfully for minijedi, his start-of-round movement breakers negated a lot of opportunities for Jolt to kick in.

I went for the top of the map, where I could get a straight shot down through gambit and into the board room when the opportunity arose. Minijedi opted for the bottom, coming into the board room where he set up against the wall.

Sidious made the first offensive move for minijedi, using movement breakers and speed to get up against the wall closest to me. He blasted a mouse droid with lighting, injuring two IG-86s. However, I managed to line up some shots and use opportunist to drop some damage on sidious. Illusion helped stop some of the shots but some got through. The next turn sidious was forced to retreat back to the board room.

I sent one of the damaged IG-86s down into the gambit room to take out a mouse droid and try and coax an attack out of revan or malak, not wanting to give up my position. Minijedi moved forward later with Malak and Revan to take it out, and easily bagged a kill, however that left the sith within easy firing range.The sith went under heavy fire, although Revan managed to corrupt my ugnaught in cold blood before going down.

At this point Minijedi decided to forfeit, since he had basicly nothing left and I still had everything but an IG-86, a mouse droid, and an ugnaught. It was a fun game, and I enjoyed talking to and playing with Minijedi, and I hope I can do so again in the future!

Final Score: 200-33 (43?) for yours truly
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2015 8:51:03 PM

Spryguy tomorrow night! Woot Woot! designer vs. designer.

*spoiler* (for any one who cares)
My army is titled: "Do You Need a Permit for a Lightsaber?"
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Monday, January 26, 2015 10:00:32 PM

hahaha, my next opponent shall face:

"Wah shrf shrf shrf rrrooaarrgghh"