RegisterDonateLogin

Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Should This Violation Stay On, Or Tooken Off ? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Yes I Agree (Take It Off) 13 48.148148 %
No I Do Not Agree (Keep It On) 11 40.740740 %
I Understand, But Make A Different Alternative ! 3 11.111111 %

Knocking Off, Or Keeping, Canceling A Confirmed Trade from the BTL Options
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 2:45:39 PM
Groups: Member

i just have a suggestion.

Now alot of you know me on here as a well mannered person, very down to earth & easy going to get along with guy & i have alot of gtl refs & made alot of friends on here to which i talk to daily not even with trades just talk about minis we so much love, my suggestion was i dont think Canceling A Confirmed Trade should put you on the BTL, & i will list my reasons,

#1 lets say you seal the deal & you dont have the funds to send out & the opposite trader gets furious that he sent his package & you havent sent yours yet cuz ur lacking funds, lets say you have kids & i do, so i know diapers are more important that trading, i wont spend my last few dollars to send a package if i need diapers or formula.

#2 & this has happened many times to me, lets say you've been holding onto a figure looking for the perfect trade to come along but it doesnt at first & then someone else makes an offer & you feel well let me get rid of it that trade will never come, & you seal the deal, then the next pm you get is the perfect trade you waited to get. Now you have a choice of either getting put on the trade list or making the trade with the first person & you really wanted the 2nd offer figure. I just dont think thats fair.

Now i do agree that if someone already sent there part out & then the other backed out, yes that should be put on the BTL cuz someone spent there money to send something out thats gonna come back so it was a waist of both of the traders time & money, but for the reasons i listed about i dont think just canceling a trade if no figures were sent out should be a violation to be on the BTL.. i just dont get it, you shouldnt put someone on the BTL because you mad at them cuz they found a better offer.

Me personally i tell all the people i trade with, first thing i say is if you find a better offer before we send out, then do it, i wont be mad, no hard feelings, & i have 29 people who will vouche for me that i say that to them all. So if someone cancels a trade even after an address was exchanged, as long as no figures were sent out i dont think that should be a violation. Im gonna start a new thread with a Poll to hopefully get this violation thrown away, cuz its forced me to do trades with people after i got better offers & i was inclined to send to the first person. So im sorry Chuck, i know you dont make the rules & im sorry if this makes more work for you, we've talked before & your my buddy in my eyes, but i just gotta do what my heart tells me buddy so no hard feelings.. thank you all

p.s. i was afraid to trade with Capin_ahab because he was on the bad trade list for canceling a confirmed trade, & you know what, i found him to be one of the most generous people & coolest guys on here & i didnt not believe he should of been on the BTL at all for this same thing im complaining about, so hopefully everyone reads my poll & agrees with me on this & we get this violation, knocked off, well thank you all for you time, the poll will be up soon...

Thank You - Darth Percocet (Bobby Pirrone) Dimension Comics
Mr Skywalker2001
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 2:52:09 PM

i would have to agree with my uncle bob, i say knock that violation off, its unfair.
Darth Nicholas
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 2:54:25 PM

I, understand your point. But i say come up with a different solution to the problem. That would be better.

-Nick
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:02:01 PM

I understand what your saying Kenred2 thats why i left the option to vote no keep it on, because i knew you would be atleast one who would vote that, this poll was just made for a suggestion of mine & capn was just an example i used, there was no need to post the whole convo you just posted you had with him, just list you reasons next time, not one bad expierence you had with a certain person, thats why when i mentioned his name i didnt mention yours, its the same thing when you went onto his trade thread to basically tell people dont trade with him, & thats not fair, so in the future buddy i have no problem with you i just think you should post your reason & not an example thank you for your vote..
lordfluffy13
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:04:52 PM

i'll have to agree with bobby. now myself am unemployed so money right now is hard for me to come by. yet i manage to always send out. now im sure the capn had his reasons for what happene, but im not one to judge.
swmimperial130
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:16:22 PM

My dad said to me "don't even think about trading if you don't have the money."
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:19:19 PM

swmimperial130 wrote:
My dad said to me "don't even think about trading if you don't have the money."

Amen. ThumpUp
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:24:48 PM

amen to that too lol, but my reason was this, lets say you do seal a deal & then have to back out for some odd reason cuz u just found out you need the money ya know.. but feel free to vote i mean i can be wrong with this poll, i just figured id try what i believe just be done, but however you vote (EVERYONE) no hard feelings when trading with me.. thats a promise you can hold me too...
Capin_ahab
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:51:01 PM

I would like to say something.
I did in fact ignore Kenred2 and canceled our confirmed trade. I did also spend my 90 days on the BTL. I would also like to request that shinja close or delete this thread before it gets more out of hand.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:56:18 PM

no its being basically brought over from WOTC, but i just wrote kenred & hopefully we can just both delete every post we made except for the first ones
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:58:27 PM

This is getting out of hand very fast.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 4:00:11 PM

im deleting all post i made & hopefully kenred just drops this which i asked him nice & let by gones be by gones & hopefully we can trade in the future ken. no hard feelings, so can you keep your first 1 or 2 post & delete the rest cuz i really want this to be a serious poll thanx ken..
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 4:05:01 PM

Ok so everythings settle, Can We Please Just Get Back To Voting On The Poll & Listing A Simple Reason Of Why Or Whynot It Just Be Knocked Off, Thank You People.

p.s. Sorry Again Kenred2 If I Got Out Of Line, & I Really Hope You Eventually See You Did Too, But If Not Owell, No More Fighting Lets Talk Trades Kenred2 LOL, Take It Easy Buddy Enjoy Your Holiday..
kenred2
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 4:22:35 PM

Done, please delete our post you had with me. Thanks
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 4:41:50 PM

its all done ken, you could of kept that first post you had on there, but im glad its settled & again i apologize man, you take it easy.. Thanx ken
Mickey
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 1:28:51 AM

I missed alot of replies I'm assuming. Are we voting in general or for Capn? If we are voting in general then here is my opinion:

If the addresses are exchanged and the deal is set then it should be followed through no matter the deal that comes along later. I do alot of dealing on here and have had some occasions where someone came to me with a better deal but I have turned them down due to already completing negotiations. To me once you make the agreement that is your word and thus your "signing of the contract". I also know the frustration on the other end of working out a trade, exchanging the addresses then packaging my stuff only to hear from the other guy something like, "I just pulled it from a booster", "Someone just offered me a better trade", "I'm deciding to wait until next set comes out". All of these I have heard in my time here.

Once I complete a trade I remove the items from my inventory, package them and get them out into the mail asap. When someone cancels a trade on me, all the time and energy I spent is gone and then I have to spend more time putting stuff back into my stock and unpackaging items. I have not put people on the BTL for this because they catch me before I get them to the post office. But if I had sent any of the packages there would be about 3-4 guys on the BTL from me by now. So yes I could use some decision on this as well.
DarthJak
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:19:54 AM

the only thing a man truly has, that is his, is his word. if you make a deal, keep it, even if a "better' deal comes along. don't use a trade offer to try to get a better deal. as far as money goes, shipping in my experience, and I've shipped over 600 boxes of minis, is almost always under 3 bucks. IF YOU MAKE A DEAL.... KEEP IT
Darth Percocet
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:20:58 PM

DarthJak wrote:
the only thing a man truly has, that is his, is his word. if you make a deal, keep it, even if a "better' deal comes along. don't use a trade offer to try to get a better deal. as far as money goes, shipping in my experience, and I've shipped over 600 boxes of minis, is almost always under 3 bucks. IF YOU MAKE A DEAL.... KEEP IT

that is a very good point, infact best point i've heard yet. but my opinion i think if a package in the deal was sent already then yes put them on the BTL if you back out, as for just saying yes, then you rethink it & think like man i dont really thing im getting a fair deal in my eyes then what? you have no choice but to do something you dont want to do because you agreed to it? thats just my opinion.. but to all who voted on here & posted with honesty.. you have my respect & who voted honesty, also have my respect. This was a poll of just something i felt in my eyes shouldnt be a violation. I doublt it will be knocked off the list of violations, but i just wanted to get my opinion out there. So please people, keep voting & listing a reason of why you voted what you did & thank you to all who voted & replyed..

-Bobby Pirrone (p.s.) even though im fighting to get this violation off, i stick to the rules, so as long as its still a violation to cancel a confirmed trade, i will not back out of a trade that is sealed if anyone trades with me. I will stick to the rules, so please dont be afraid that i might do this violation lol ThumbsUp
ChuckaFett
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 2:49:56 PM
Groups: Member , Trade Moderator

Darth Percocet wrote:

#1 lets say you seal the deal & you dont have the funds to send out & the opposite trader gets furious that he sent his package & you havent sent yours yet cuz ur lacking funds, lets say you have kids & i do, so i know diapers are more important that trading, i wont spend my last few dollars to send a package if i need diapers or formula.

Please don't make a deal unless you have the $4 in your pocket to ship something. I agree, diapers are more important (3 kids 4 and under in our household). But if I don't have the money I don't buy something, nor do I make a final deal to trade.

Darth Percocet wrote:

#2 & this has happened many times to me, lets say you've been holding onto a figure looking for the perfect trade to come along but it doesnt at first & then someone else makes an offer & you feel well let me get rid of it that trade will never come, & you seal the deal, then the next pm you get is the perfect trade you waited to get. Now you have a choice of either getting put on the trade list or making the trade with the first person & you really wanted the 2nd offer figure. I just dont think thats fair.

This happens to all of us, but it really is first come first serve, otherwise just don't make the deal if it's not what you want. Like others have said, if you make a deal, remove that figure from your inventory. The moment I send my address I don't consider that figure to be mine anymore. It belongs to the person I'm trading with.

Others have said it, but I'll say it again, your word is your bond. There's a great deal of trust let out to total strangers when trading. Always enter into negotiations for a trade with the best of intentions, that is of actually completing the deal. If you think a better deal is coming along, don't have the money, or the time to trade then don't enter into negotiations with people. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but if you sign a deal by trading addresses and then break your word, I think you belong on the BTL (for a short time at least).
You are always welcome to trade with anyone on the BTL. As with any trade made through these boards, it's at your own risk. Just because a guy backed out on one deal, doesn't make him horrible. Just be careful. The GTL/BTL's are just guides, use your best judgment.

Darth Percocet
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 2:12:40 PM

well said chuck, didnt see it that way, haha i guess i take my own words back ill be a man & admitt it, yes i traded with someone on the BTL & took a risk, i just got lucky with getting a great guy from the BTL who didnt do something so bad.. so i guess your right, now that i think about it when someone is on the BTL chuck you make sure you list the reason next to the person.. so i guess if someone was burning people on here then thats what would be next to there name.. very well put buddy