RegisterDonateLogin

For best taste, drink before 140 ABY.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ladies and Gentlemen, Gathering Forces! Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 7:48:58 PM
Groups: Member

Just finished my game with Obiwan1knight.

I ran
47 Legends Maul
36 Darth Sidious
35 GF Ventress
34 IG-86 Assassin Droid x2
16 Geonosian Overseer
9 BDO
8 R7
9 Mouse x3
6 Uggie x2

vs

48 Vader's Apprentice-Unleashed
34 GF Sid
80 Disciple of Ragnos x4
27 Lobot
5 Caamaasi Noble
6 Uggie x2

Lobot added 4 Brutes, and 2 Mice

Map was Cantina

Round 1 was positioning and I used Sid to pawn Maul into Gambit for the 10-0 lead.

Round 2 was more positioning as I brought up an uggie to blow the lower door to the big room for round 3. I killed a Mouse Droid with a pawned 86. I had gambit again 23-0

Round 3 Uggie blew the door and Palps SBM'ed to bring Maul into the room where he also zapped him for 30. Then Apprentice zapped him for 50 and activated him. Maul at 20. I use Sid to pawn Maul who runs back. IG86 Doubles Palps for 70, other one misses, Ventress grips Sid for 20. He lines his Disciples up in a line above the wall in the inner room. 33-13

Round 4 he wins init, SBM's Ventress and zap kills Maul, 30 on her and 30 on Iggy. Sid Pawns Ventress who uses Force Dash and runs 12 basing all 3 Disciples. First attack roll is a crit killing one, so she rolls into the other two puts 30 on one, and then finishes the double to put 30 on the other. She provokes AoO's and then uses her turn to Momentum kill one and Roll into the other one. Apprentice bases Asajj and misses using a FP to get there. She is at 40. Iggy then kills Palps, other Iggy kills an Uggie and runs away. 4th Ragnos kills my Overseer. 140-60

Round 5 I win init and Asajj doubles the Apprentice hitting with a crit and regular attack dropping him to 70. He then kills her. Sid zaps the Ragnos for 30 and then he runs the Ragnos away with no good targets. Iggy gets an LoS on Lobot and kills him. 5th round of gambit collected. 177-115

Round 6 I win init, zap the other Ragnos for dead, and then apprentice puts 20 on Sid. I kill a brute and take round 6 of gambit for the 207-125 win.

It was a hard match for me as I had to factor in SBM, Range 8 zaps and other stuff while still trying to position perfectly. I was praying for a Ventress crit in the round she got all 3 Ragnos and that was what made the game heavier into my favor.
obiwan1knight
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 7:49:41 PM

Looking over my above post, I realize it may come across as snarky or condescending. I didn't mean it to be at all; rather, I meant it to show my respect for your group.
obiwan1knight
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 7:53:09 PM

It was dumb of me to line up all my disciples like that! But I had fun anyway with the most Force Lightning you can fit into a squad!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 7:54:57 PM

obiwan1knight wrote:
Looking over my above post, I realize it may come across as snarky or condescending. I didn't mean it to be at all; rather, I meant it to show my respect for your group.

no not at all, at least not to me. I am just forthright and blunt lol. I like feedback, and it most definitely is always read and processed, and acted upon, maybe not all of it, but some will be utilized I am sure.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:13:44 PM

obiwan1knight wrote:
I see I definitely made a mistake when I commented about the diversity of squads, (As I said in my first post, I might have been wrong about it) I haven't closely followed each winning and losing squad, so what I said was clearly unsupported.

I definitely would not call it a mistake. It is great feedback.

The thing is that we really do like having open meta, but we like even more to control the power base of a faction or squad.

Here is how my thinking works, if you have any ideas/thoughts throw them my way.
and this is a tiny spoiler.

I am making a Mother Talzin, the mother Talzin from the tv show. I want to show her off as the "clan mother", so I gave her an ability that does not allow other commanders from Separatists unless they are nightsisters.
This is because she, at the point of Asajj's return, broke all ties to the Separatists and wanted nothing to do with them. How can I let this person be in an army with Count Dooku or General Grievous and it make sense?

Also I would have to take into account auto winning init armies with San Hill and Muun Tactics Broker, and I would have to factor in giving out twin attack to everyone, and all other CE from other people. If that were to happen than the Mother Talzin I wanted could not happen. I want the army to look to Mother Talzin, not to Whorm Loathsome or San Hill, who are, for all purposes, part of their enemy.

So the limitation is there to represent the reality of her character. Anyway just giving you my reasoning for some of the SA's that come out.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:28:57 PM

fun game of force powers and lightsabers!

I love that you all got in 6 rounds of action as well by the way.

Glad Maul died quickly to be honest haha, stinky teras style did nothing for him haha. Glad to see rolling cleave in action!

Sweet game!
SithBot
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 8:42:55 PM

I wnet and looked at the forum Amadeus posted. I do not want restrictions on pieces unless they actual warrant them, and if the restriction is too much and does not allow for a competitive squad than I think they should be lifted somehow.

Best example I know of is Malak with Revan. It is just out classed. It does not work. Malak is a cool design that will not see play unless something changes.

Battlemaster, I think, will be the same, unless some sweet non Hired Gun Fringe pieces come out.

The new Thrawn will need some help as well. I trust you guys and know that eventually it will look really really unique and fun, but for now some of the squads/pieces are useless because they just are not finished.

One such example is the Krayt/Nihl/Wyyrlok squad. If you finished it off with a cool Talon it could be really really fun.

Or just pieces that never had the follow through like Farfalla, he needs a new supporting Hoth. Once it comes around maybe we can open Farfalla into play.

The Meetra is cool because it is a techy piece that fits in lots of places, I can see her in a Revan build, a Nomi build, etc. Ben Skywalker is such a piece as is Chewbacca, Jango Fett (all around powerful), Malgus, Bossk, Shaak-ti, etc.
these types help squad building and its fun to see how they are used.

Keep up the great Work guys I am having a blast! and loved the Sidious/Vader Sith squad!
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 5:01:36 AM

theultrastar wrote:

There is a mean Galen squad that I believe Mando made (correct me if I'm wrong), and there is the Ghost Crew (which while it's not T1, it is insanely fun to run) and even the original WOTC Smug Commandos is probably still viable. Our restrictions haven't done anything to limit the amount of competitive squads. They have just limited the amount of possible combos and interactions that we as designers have to worry about.

I understand what you guys are trying to do, but I was able to run the galen squad because the Veterans Dodonna worked with that squad. I can't make any Galen/Kota squad right now with the Ghost Crew pieces. I'm trying to make/update squads with the new pieces that are coming out since that is the point of a set release. But when I see all the options for the Rebels being so restrictive, it leads me to not want to play them because I don't feel they are competitive enough as my other Rebel squad I made with Galen and Kota. My suggestion would be that in future sets, you guys can make pieces restricive, but please don't make all the pieces of a faction in the set be restricted to play with only each other and no other peices in the rebel faction. Add 1 or 2 pieces that can be played with the rest of the faction and can give some squad creativity to the players. Squad building is one of my favorite things to do in this game, and when it feels like i am forced to play certain pieces together, that just isn't fun to me at all. I do think you guys have the capability to design pieces that can work better with the pieces you want them to while at the same time not being restricted to working with only those pieces. I'd love to play the Ghost Crew for example, and their interactions with each other are cool, but at the same time, I can't play the rest of the Rebel faction because of Ghost Crew. I think their interactions with each other would be enough to cause players to play them together because of their synergy.
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 6:17:05 AM

jen'ari wrote:

We can definitely look into adding some force points into Republic pieces, what pieces exactly do you think need more FP?

In my opinion, the pieces that could use 1 or 2 more starting fp are:

Legends Bastilla
Legends Darth Nuhl
Legends Agen Kolar
Legends Jacen
Veterans Plo Koon
Veterans Meetra Surik
Veterans Kit Fisto
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 7:41:34 AM

Mando wrote:
theultrastar wrote:

There is a mean Galen squad that I believe Mando made (correct me if I'm wrong), and there is the Ghost Crew (which while it's not T1, it is insanely fun to run) and even the original WOTC Smug Commandos is probably still viable. Our restrictions haven't done anything to limit the amount of competitive squads. They have just limited the amount of possible combos and interactions that we as designers have to worry about.

I can't make any Galen/Kota squad right now with the Ghost Crew pieces.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 8:53:17 AM

theultrastar wrote:
Mando wrote:
theultrastar wrote:

I can't make any Galen/Kota squad right now with the Ghost Crew pieces.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Ghost Crew specifies that they can only be played with Fringe or with other peices with Ghost Crew. This is a SA.

Independant Outfit only specifies that the character counts as Fringe for CE's. So it doesn't change them to counting as Fringe for SA's.

Thus Kota/Galen can't be in the same squad with Ghost Crew.
Amadeus
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 4:43:45 AM

Just got my game in with Pego tonight, here's my report:

AMADEUS:
--Hey Budda Boom Budda Bossk!--
26 Boushh, Ubese Hunter
20 Captain Tarpals
20 Bossk, Mercenary (legends)
16 Queen Amidala
90 Gungan Artillerist x9
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
4 Rodian Diplomat
9 Mouse Droid x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(Really wanted to try double Thermal Detonator and Grenades 40)

PEGOLEGO:
Anakin Skywalker, Hero with no Fear
Obi-Wan, Jedi General
Captain Rex
Gungan Shieldbearer
R2-D2, Astromech Droid
Youngling
Scrubz

Pego won map roll, so we went with Theed. I took the left hand side.

Pego won first init, and I went first. Basicly this round I moved some gungans and boussh down to the lower segment and some gungans up to the top, and moved he moved his pieces towards the lower door. Only action this round was bossk getting towed forward and dropping a thermal detonator on a towed anakin.

I can't remember exactly what happened in what round so bear with me here:

Next round obi suprise moves forward, and I try to drop double TD on him and anakin, doing minimal damage (I move him back after the TD). EvileR2 towed Rex up to the front room, Rex put some fire on my troops, knocking out R2 and I think 1 gungan. EvileR2 locked the top most door which prevented my northern troops from advancing. Wanting to take advantage of the clustered setup in the main room, I moved Boussh up and dropped double grenades 40 on his troops. However, his rolls continued to be stellar and he managed to avoid most damage, although rex took 40 damage. Anakin moved forward to deal with boussh, and even rolled a crit. RIP Boussh. Obi moves forward to deal with Bossk and lands 20 damage on him. I bombard anakin with my remaining southern cestas, killing off my diplomat in the process.

The next round, I win init, and take an AoO from obi to get into position for a premium TD drop on Rex, Shieldbearer, and R2. Only R2 takes damage, but its enough to knock out the override in the north. Anakin dispatches with Bossk fairly easily, though. Rex moves forward again to take point and deal some damage to my gungans. I follow up with cesta fire that finishes him off. Obi moves over to the northern side to drop 20 on a gungan and base himself adjacent to a few. The shieldbearer lobs atlals over at my gungans, who take some damage, but so does obi. Cestas finish him off. Padme moves out to take a potshot at an ugnaught, killing it.

Next round anakin moves over into gambit. Pego exclusively had gambit up to and including this round. Cestas are thrown at Anakin. Cestas kill off the shield bearer. Anakin is down to 40 health, and moves into gambit. Padme snipes another ugnaught. I have a choice: I can launch double cesta once at anakin and hope he dies, bringing me to 200 points, or I can move into gambit to win by 5 points. I opt to move into gambit since rolls haven't traditionally co-operated well.

It was a great game, and pego is an excellent opponent! I look forward to playing with him in the future.

Final Score: 140 to 135 in favour of Amadeus
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 6:17:24 AM

unconventional, but fun looking!

Jedi General got some play time which is cool.

2 republic armies with Gungans = Sweet!
SithBot
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 8:52:19 AM

I think I am going to move away from the dark side with my next match.

Dr Daman / Sharron when can we play?

Want to get spread the light
SithBot
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2015 10:26:37 PM

Just played Justin Cook in a game. It was a battle that would test our limits and our strategy. It is also a contender battle for top of our division.

He asked me not to disclose his army.

We played on his map, the Grand Plaza

I ran Battle Coordination

Nomi Sunrider *LEGENDS*
Meetra Surrik *VETERANS OF WAR*
Arca Jeth *GATHERING FORCES*
Ulic Qel-Droma
Cay Qel-Droma
Jedi Engineer *VETERANS OF WAR*

My army did wonderfully! Nomi and Ulic combo was smooth and efficient. Battle Coordinator is the right term for that Nomi! She moved, force pulled, attacked, than Ulic attacked with a 13 attack and if he missed Arca let him reroll. Pushed people when I needed to. Also I was able to hide Nomi by switching her with Ulic (Arca's CE) and put her next to Meetra who healed her.

Ulic went tank mode with a 24 def, Makashi, and Djem So. with Meetra able to protect him as well. Transfer Life Force actually saved me, without Nomi the damage output drops tremendously. Nomi was "killed" but was able to stay alive with 10 HP and no FP, killing Arca in the process. If the army were the Bulls... Nomi is Michael Jordan, Ulic is Scottie Pippen, and Arca is Dennis Rodman

At the end of round 6 time was up, I had killed all his big pieces and only had a 10 HP Meetra left. Meetra's Makashi rolls saved me at the end

I won 206 - 187 (correct me if i got that wrong Justin Cook)

He collected 3 rounds of Gambit and I collected two rounds
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, April 6, 2015 7:04:13 PM

Has anyone heard from minijedi? I would love to get my game in.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, April 6, 2015 8:24:58 PM

Minijedi has a history of playing for a few weeks then dropping off the face of the planet for like 6 months.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 5:26:56 AM

had my game vs Darth O last night. We played on Jabba's palace.

Final score was 141-125 with a 2pt win for me at the end.

My squad was:
--Gathering Exiles--
62 Gathering Forces Kao Cen Darach, Battlemaster
49 The Jedi Exile
21 GenoHaradan Assassin
17 LEGENDS Czerka
14 Ponda Baba, Galactic Criminal
13 Czerka Scientist
9 Dr. Evazan (old school Dr E, not the V-set one)
8 Wicket
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 10 activations)

Darth O's squad was:
Gathering forces Garazeb "Zeb" Orrelios
Gathering forces Hera Syndulla
Gathering forces Kanan Jarrus
Gathering forces Sabine Wren
R7
Uggie x2
mouse droid x2
LEGENDS Chadra-Fan Slicer
Legends Celeste Morne

Darth O got 4 rounds of gambit, i got 3 by the end of the game. I was really slowed down by the 2 pieces I had to use right away that had replaces turn abilities. Dr E damaged the Jedi Exile for an auto 10 dmg with homicidal Surgery, the Elite Czerka Technician gave my Genoharran Blast Cannon for the rest of the skirmish. It basically came down to Kao Cen Darach, Battlemaster failing a ton of saves in the match and burning through his FP to try and prevent the damage being done to him that made this game as close as it was. I only made 3 successful saves all night with Kao Cen Drach, everything else failed horribly. He never got the chance to use his Quad attack (thanks to the Exiles Extra attack) with 40 dmg hits cause Zeb activated him with his Bo-rifle when Darth O won init, otherwise i would have probably had a 3pt win. It was a good move by Darth O and when Kao Cen Drach went down, it really hurt my damage output. I did however have a GenoHarradan on my team that could either double twin at range with cunning + blast cannon for 120 total damage, or i could double attack up close with Poisoned Blade for a possible 120 dmg. This is bascially what won the game for me, as Darth O forgot about the Geno Harradan having Blast cannon for the rest of the skirmish from the Elite Czerka Tech he had killed the previous round. The Geno Harradan made short work of her and also of Celeste, who had one of her Force bubbles force defensed by the Jedi Exile. It was a bad matchup for Darth O's squad, but he played his squad with great skill. Sabine and Zeb hurt my squad the most that match, as Sabine got a couple overloads with Grenades 20 off and also Zeb got a couple Bo-rifle attacks off for 40 dmg and one that also activated my main piece. Good game! It was interesting playing Kao Cen Drach.

Edited: forgot my opponents name. sorry to Dr Daman for the error, meant to say i played against Darth O. I needed more coffee this morning. No Bloo Milk
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 6:59:35 AM

Good to see the old Jedi Exile in action and being semi-functional.

Wish I could have seen a Quad attacking Darach with Protective capabilities for 160, ouch!

Cool army build.
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 11:51:33 AM

Ah, that was me you played, not Dr Daman :P