RegisterDonateLogin

The Indomitable

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Chicago Regional 2015 Options
Echo24
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 12:27:24 PM
Groups: Member

Anything could happen with Betrayal, and yes, the official WotC ruling was that spirits are living.
gholli69
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 12:39:00 PM

I originally misunderstood how this was working, I thought that because they couldn't be damaged then they were not being removed from play which seemed a bit broken to me. However, it sounds like Jason was very cleverly using them to run adj. to a targeted piece and then sacrificing them in order to eliminate enemy commanders or other key pieces. While very clever indeed that doesn't seem broken at all, I just honestly didn't realize that ghosts/spirits had been ruled to be living characters and probably wouldn't have thought that on my own, but that is one of the things I like about this game is that even after playing fairly consistently for 4 1/2 years now there are still new things to learn that helps to keep the game interesting.
Weeks
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 12:58:23 PM

Dodonna Krayt strikes again!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 1:24:44 PM

while clever it makes absolutely no sense. i mean good job for finding it, playing it so well, and winning, but it is absolutely a retarded ruling, and never should have existed in the game.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 1:32:36 PM

It is in the FAQ but it is silly but no other than anything else. I like that this type of build is back.
It was a really good build back in the day with Sing and Sly.

I am happy for once that this happened, Ok to be honest I am just happy Tim didnt make top 4. Good Job Jason.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 2:28:37 PM

As I was one of the opponents wrecked by this build yesterday in < 18m, my only beef is in fact the present living status of a ghost/force spirit. Jason deserves full marks for this wrecking ball, I stood no chance.

Regardless of what WOTC ruled in the past, IMO it is preposterous to consider either these ghosts, HoloSid or HoloVeers to be counted among the living. As we discussed whilst out on the town after the regional, I was very vocal on considering/seeking a reclassification be made.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 2:42:11 PM

DARPH NADER wrote:
As I was one of the opponents wrecked by this build yesterday in < 18m, my only beef is in fact the present living status of a ghost/force spirit. Jason deserves full marks for this wrecking ball, I stood no chance.

Regardless of what WOTC ruled in the past, IMO it is preposterous to consider either these ghosts, HoloSid or HoloVeers to be counted among the living. As we discussed whilst out on the town after the regional, I was very vocal on considering/seeking a reclassification be made.

I am against changing the WOTC guidelines even how silly this is and my feeling that this does need to be changed. I feel really strong that this silly rule needs to be changed but stronger with that We should not change WOTC guidelines since it just opens a can of worms.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 2:43:21 PM

I want to take a second to say what a great weekend this was in Chicagoland. It was great seeing and be able to hang out before, during and after the Regional. Jake thanks for running the regional (Go Hawks!), congrats to Jason on the win and to Lillian for making B2B top 4's with her Commando Droid Officer build. Oi Dell-boy, it was great to get to hang out over drinks for lots o laughs! Peter hopefully you'll see this post, great to meet you and hopefully we'll connect in the great state of Texas for SWM. Laura, Mike, Bryan, James and Loooooooou always excellent to be in your fine company

Lastly to my boy TimmerB, thank you for putting me up, mixing kick-ass Old Fashioneds, carting me to the airport and taking us to TC after the Regional and please thank Keene and the crew for their hospitality. Wish I had done better yesterday but the important thing was we were all together and it was the shore leave that I sorely needed.

Cheers to all! BlooMilk

UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 3:11:28 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DARPH NADER wrote:
I want to take a second to say what a great weekend this was in Chicagoland. It was great seeing and be able to hang out before, during and after the Regional. Jake thanks for running the regional (Go Hawks!), congrats to Jason on the win and to Lillian for making B2B top 4's with her Commando Droid Officer build. Oi Dell-boy, it was great to get to hang out over drinks for lots o laughs! Peter hopefully you'll see this post, great to meet you and hopefully we'll connect in the great state of Texas for SWM. Laura, Mike, Bryan, James and Loooooooou always excellent to be in your fine company

Lastly to my boy TimmerB, thank you for putting me up, mixing kick-ass Old Fashioneds, carting me to the airport and taking us to TC after the Regional and please thank Keene and the crew for their hospitality. Wish I had done better yesterday but the important thing was we were all together and it was the shore leave that I sorely needed.

Cheers to all! BlooMilk

+ 1. Well done, all.

Gerry, it was great seeing you and getting to hang out the night before and dinner and drinks after. Glad you had a great weekend. Hope to see you soon.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 3:41:48 PM

DARPH NADER wrote:

Cheers to all! BlooMilk

You think Tim would do anything different. He is the nicest person I have ever met when it comes to non gaming. He is a great person and I glad you were able to come to Chicago and had a good time. When it comes to gaming I am not a fan of his play style when it comes to gaming. He is a amazing person and I am glad he was able to help you out this weekend and you had a blast.

Chargers
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 3:44:24 PM

Congrats to Jason on the win.
Congrats to Laura for finding a clever squad for Jason to play. (Okay, I'm making as assumption. But it's usually correct. Razz )
Congrats to Lillian on second place.

Gerry, it sounds like your Personal Squad Builder didn't do as well as either of mine have done. Maybe he's soaking up too much sun in his new location.

Sorry I couldn't join the gang. I'd planned on it, but work this past week didn't go as planned which dictated by Saturday.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 3:51:51 PM

Chargers wrote:
Congrats to Laura for finding a clever squad for Jason to play. (Okay, I'm making as assumption. But it's usually correct. Razz )

Gerry, it sounds like your Personal Squad Builder didn't do as well as either of mine have done. Maybe he's soaking up too much sun in his new location.

Sorry I couldn't join the gang. I'd planned on it, but work this past week didn't go as planned which dictated by Saturday.

LOL Tim!

Man oh man did I draw the bad matchup card yesterday. Dodonna was nerfed by first Krayt, next by Shevu then by Ozzel + Lobot fodder. Went 2-2 with a first round bye, which should have been the alarm bell that it wasn't going to be my day. Oh well, it happens but the important thing was the comradarie.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 3:58:49 PM

Chargers wrote:

As I said on Facebook, I take no credit for this build. It was all J. I tried to talk him out of it. Shows what I know.
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 3:59:34 PM

What was in the 2nd place Commando Droid Officer build?
jak
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 4:23:47 PM

Looks like I missed a great time!
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 4:30:37 PM

TheHutts wrote:
What was in the 2nd place Commando Droid Officer build?

If I recall...

San, Poggle, Lobot, CDO x5/6, Gha, 5x Drones, Spotter and filler. Lillian can fill in the blanks but that was the general track. Her use of the CDO lessened the single activation difficulty mot effectively. Very clever.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 5:34:26 PM

DARPH NADER wrote:
Lastly to my boy TimmerB, thank you for putting me up, mixing kick-ass Old Fashioneds,

"What could go wrong with an Old Fashioned?" -Tyler Fitzgerald (Jim Backus) to Ding Bell (Mickey Rooney) in 'It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World'.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 5:53:33 PM

I saw that movie.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 5:55:36 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I saw that movie.

I own that movie, and that is my favorite scene.
thereisnotry
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 6:18:40 PM

So could someone please post the squads used? This was a strong field with some very solid players, so it would be great to see how the various matchups went.