RegisterDonateLogin

Health warning: May increase the risk of Sith Rage in certain drinkers.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Michigan Regional June 6th Options
Lou
Posted: Monday, June 8, 2015 7:01:59 PM
Groups: Member

In the last round against Lillian I forgot my klats had jedi hatred. It ok I don't feel they should have that anyway.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 2:40:50 AM

Lou wrote:
In the last round against Lillian I forgot my klats had jedi hatred.

So...you let go of your hatred? How very...jedi of you.
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 6:47:09 PM

Is anyone going to post what squads everyone was running?
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 8:54:29 PM

atmsalad wrote:
Is anyone going to post what squads everyone was running?

+1 haha
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 9:51:19 PM

I ran Load of Krayt again. I had a different squad all lined up but then looked at the map list and switched up.

Rd 1 against Laura and her NR Flyboys
I transfer around and kill stuff. Between my transfers and her killing stuff she gets 1 pt

Rd 2 against Lou and the Klats
We actually play 2 games in the time it takes everyone else to play one. Krayt can't handle the bubble with lots of little attackers. I get a couple nice transfers in outside the bubble and manage to take out most of the klats, and even though Lou has awful dice, there isn't much I can do as he races to gambit and can easily hold gambit. once he gets to 8 or so rounds, I realize I have to go in and at least try and get to 100 pts before he just wins on gambit. I don't.

We then play again with me playing Lancers (another of my squad options). This time I actually make a pretty good game of it, and I set up for a key init but lose the roll and my last lancer. I think I had around 130 or so points in this matchup before Lou finished off my guys. Finished up this game with time still left in the round (Even after playing the other game as well).

Rd 3 against Etienne and his poggle bombs
I do teach him an important lesson about keeping a bomb next to your mtb at all costs, but I roll a 1 on a key attack so it ends up not mattering. I don't get to 100 in this match either.

Rd 4 against Tyler and my own gungan swapping squad from last year's NY regional
Played out about how I expected. Krayt suffers against lots of small dudes. I take out Momaw, Boss Nass, 3 gungans, a flame trooper and 2 ugos and get damage on Panaka and Dr E before I succumb to the auto damage of the squad. Another game of not getting to 100pts.

Finished the day 1-3 with 3 pts.

As predicted, Krayt shows that it is matchup dependent and very gimmicky. Once people know the gimmick, they can make some plans to play around it some and make it more difficult.