RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo Milk? Bloo Milk! I like the sound of that.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

what the crap Options
mercenary_moose
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 8:00:15 AM
Groups: Member

Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force wrote:
Rob-"ok let's make and overkill oober luke, make him a rare,

Wow. What kind of gamer nerd misspells "uber"? Confused Topher, don't take it personally. I still can't spell some of those gamer words.
mrtyler7
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 8:34:49 AM

Since we've already strayed pretty far afield from the original topic, what with the spelling errors and shots at shinja, I just want to say...

Go Lakers!! ThumbsUp
Lord ZOS
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 11:02:05 AM

I understand some of the frustration, but to be honest I'm glad Luke is as powerful as he is. As was stated on this topic earlier, Luke in the books is supposed to be UBER-Powerful. One of the things I was worried about when I saw his stats was that they were gonna start making some of the more powerful NR Jedi (ex. Saba, Jaina Sword, Jacen Knight, or any of the Masters) without Force Renewal. I'm glad that so far that hasn't happened. I would be upset if Character was sacrificed for game play... Then again, I mostly read the books and collect the minis... and when I'm looking at stats, the first thing I look for is accuracy of Character.
awesome
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 11:42:57 AM

dnemiller wrote:
awesome wrote:
it's not just luke and the NR, it's the sith too.
and i'm aloud to get upset joker, especially on
a site where sqaud killers run around and if
you say anything about shinja, you get attacked
by rabid fanatics who practically worship him.

actually the sith have pretty good pieces, also look at Naga Sadow, he completely rocks, a jedi is probably going to spend a force point to reroll the poison +20 from him than he can sith sourcery, they cant reroll unless they have MOTF2 so dont put the sith down, they completely rock, a few more non-unique good pieces and they will be a top squad to use.

I dont think anyone said the Sith doesnt have good pieces but just like real Sith Lords in Star Wars Cannon.... they often really don't work all that well together.

true but, there is allot of nice squad combo's you could do with 2 sith lords like pair Malak and Talon, (malak is in most combo's) although expensive you could do Krayt and Bane I wouldnt but it would be funny.
amsnow
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:30:41 PM

lukey84 wrote:
keep in mind that we still havent seen the new Kyle. he could add something new and unexpected to the NR.

he will prolly be somewhere in between original katarn and battle master
mini player
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:38:00 PM

mercenary_moose wrote:

Wow. What kind of gamer nerd misspells "uber"? Confused Topher, don't take it personally. I still can't spell some of those gamer words.

not taking it personally moose, but what kind of
grammatically challenged person invented that word?
Flapper
dalsiandon
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:38:42 PM

Luke and his CE hum.... In terms of his cost I consider what Jedicartographer was saying about the coming of mass battle play. Luke is another example of a piece that would excell in that format due to the playablity of older pieces with him in that format.

And I have to say Dean is close to right, I would think. It was a gift. We asked he said okay. Is it usable? Not really but he can say there you got one.
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:27:09 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

mercenary_moose wrote:

everyone misspells 'uber', it has an umlaut over it, but no one ever puts it.
swmimperial130
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:32:56 PM

Eroschilles wrote:
mercenary_moose wrote:

everyone misspells 'uber', it has an umlaut over it, but no one ever puts it.

note how you know how to spell it and the first 8 words that mercenary_moose said............ ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

kezzamachine
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:34:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

As a person who still can't persuade his wife to let him play the game as mush as he'd like (which is a very good thing, I think), I really like the super characters. In terms of competitive play (which I know very little about), they sound like they won't get used because of the cost making them prohibitive and such... but for me, they look great. They suit that fantastical setting (RPG?) - I dunno how to explain it, but I'm reading Legacy of the Force at the mo and Luke is just that good! I think they are fabulous pieces, probably because I don't play competitively at all and they look like what their characters from the stories look like.

I don't even collect NR and I absolutely must own a GMLS! Sorry, Sharron.
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:46:34 PM

Luke really isn't that horrible for the 200 point game. The problem is, most competitive games take place at the 150 point total.
dnemiller
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:55:55 PM

Tirade wrote:
Luke really isn't that horrible for the 200 point game. The problem is, most competitive games take place at the 150 point total.

I think that just depends on the local Meta. If you are in an area where folks run like Super Stealthed Kel Dors under the Imperial banner then Luke goes down like a chump.

In a area where you see some melee heavy squads then Luke can certainly be a bit more beastly at 200.

In the end though I think it is a fans choice.

I mean realistically there are probably about 10 different ways that are better to spend 115 points in a NR squad. But he can at least be playable at 200.
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:59:15 PM

dnemiller wrote:
Tirade wrote:

I think that just depends on the local Meta. If you are in an area where folks run like Super Stealthed Kel Dors under the Imperial banner then Luke goes down like a chump.

In a area where you see some melee heavy squads then Luke can certainly be a bit more beastly at 200.

I mean realistically there are probably about 10 different ways that are better to spend 115 points in a NR squad. But he can at least be playable at 200.

Super Stealth shouldn't be too horrible. Obviously SD is rough, but Leia does have Force Sense to strip them of Stealth. So any shooter support should be able to take shots at the Kel Dors. Or you could have Leia toss her sabers at a few.

But yes, I think it comes down to choice. I have no qualms running him in the 200 point game. He received the support he needed IMHO. I still don't think you can overlook him with Leia. That combo is deadly.
Jedi Master Chief
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:01:16 PM

Tirade wrote:
dnemiller wrote:
Tirade wrote:

Super Stealth shouldn't be too horrible. Obviously SD is rough, but Leia does have Force Sense to strip them of Stealth. So any shooter support should be able to take shots at the Kel Dors. Or you could have Leia toss her sabers at a few.

But yes, I think it comes down to choice. I have no qualms running him in the 200 point game. He received the support he needed IMHO.

and with certain SD squads like say for instance a nom bomb
you always have disruptive in relatively cheap pieces like Talon
dnemiller
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:00:42 PM

actually it wasnt the super stealth that would make it hard. My point was the twinning oppritunist Kel Dors shooting at like +20 are Luke's problem.... not the super stealth part of it. Just the fact they chew through his Force points really fast and can easily hit Luke all night long.

I probably should have been more clear
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:13:53 PM

dnemiller wrote:
actually it wasnt the super stealth that would make it hard. My point was the twinning oppritunist Kel Dors shooting at like +20 are Luke's problem.... not the super stealth part of it. Just the fact they chew through his Force points really fast and can easily hit Luke all night long.

I probably should have been more clear

Well Leia helps with that too ;).

And the Kel Dors are going to mathematically miss a few shots on Luke. I honestly don't feel that is a big problem for Luke. Tough? Yes. But with the right support, he can do it. Without Leia or Cade, I might not be so sure.
luke hates thrawn
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 4:17:56 PM

it's not just luke and the NR, it's the sith too.
and i'm aloud to get upset joker, especially on
a site where sqaud killers run around and if
you say anything about shinja, you get attacked
by rabid fanatics who practically worship him.

There is no good reason to say anything bad about anybody, act your age (+20 years).

I don't think the new sith UC-C have FR. If I'm wrong ok, but I know they have a bad Def.
swmimperial130
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 4:28:08 PM

If you don't like the new sith, use the old ones!ThumbsUp