wooohoo battlefront on preorder Options
obsidian7788
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 5:24:28 PM
Groups: Member

Hurray who's excited new battlefront
Minijedi
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 5:29:53 PM

<--this guy lol, you getting ps4, pc, or x1 version?
kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 7:21:59 PM

Sweet! After so long, its about time BigGrin
I'll be looking into PC.
After 7 years of 'games drought' - now we have 'games oversupply'
Star Citizen, Battlefront, Elite Dangerous... making games etc...
theres simply too much awesome, and too little time hehehe
Lily_Wan
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:26:53 PM

PS4!

Has anyone found detailed info on local co-op for this game? I read about "Missions" Mode but haven't found more on what that is.
Minijedi
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:48:40 PM

As far as i have been able to gather it is something similar to the spec ops missions from modern warfare 2 and 3, also getting the ps4 version... Not really an option there lol
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 8:56:12 PM

I'll be getting it for my One, but not gonna preorder it unless they offer something good, like a remastered version of Battlefront 2.
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 5:40:42 AM

Getting this for PC. I honestly wasn't all that impressed with Battlefront 2. Space combat was boring, being the heroes was like being in god mode, vehicles were kinda nerfed. I liked the first Battlefront much better and played that a ton. Still wish that game had online multiplayer. I actually prefered the older graphics of the original Battlefront over Battlefront 2. Just something about how the blasters worked/sounded that felt just right, and it was fun to shoot your rifle down a corridor on Cloud city. I did like the new classes you could play in BF 2, but i just liked the feel of BF 1 much better. Excited to paly Battlefront 3 tho! It sounds like they are going back to the sound effects that were in the movies and I think the space combat looks muuuuuch better. Really pumped to play this online when it comes out!
Minijedi
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 6:38:22 AM

Current reports say no space combat, im thinking battlefield 3 style dogfights and vehicles (tough but not indestructable) heros do sound kinda broken still... Maybe if they arent playable, or go down againt explosives or something
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 6:58:49 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Definitely getting this for the One. My goal is to not have a social life after November.
Minijedi
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 9:55:24 AM

Im suprised you even have a social life if you own an xbox 1... Jk, but seriously this game looks awesome... Btw, im Jacksbane on ps4 if any of the sony followers want to team up
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 10:25:31 AM

Mando wrote:
Getting this for PC. I honestly wasn't all that impressed with Battlefront 2. Space combat was boring, being the heroes was like being in god mode, vehicles were kinda nerfed. I liked the first Battlefront much better and played that a ton. Still wish that game had online multiplayer. I actually prefered the older graphics of the original Battlefront over Battlefront 2. Just something about how the blasters worked/sounded that felt just right, and it was fun to shoot your rifle down a corridor on Cloud city. I did like the new classes you could play in BF 2, but i just liked the feel of BF 1 much better. Excited to paly Battlefront 3 tho! It sounds like they are going back to the sound effects that were in the movies and I think the space combat looks muuuuuch better. Really pumped to play this online when it comes out!

Agree completely, after watching the new trailer I went and played number 1 for a good while haha. That game makes way more sense for the vehicles
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 12:13:47 PM

Mando wrote:
being the heroes was like being in god mode,

I'd disagree there. The heroes tended to be quite easy to kill, especially when you had the upgraded rifle, pistol, or shotgun. The only time they really felt much of a threat was when they'd spam force pull/push.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 1:37:29 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
Mando wrote:
being the heroes was like being in god mode,

I'd disagree there. The heroes tended to be quite easy to kill, especially when you had the upgraded rifle, pistol, or shotgun. The only time they really felt much of a threat was when they'd spam force pull/push.

Lightsaber Throw at enemy spawn points was a bit much.
Darth O
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 2:39:49 PM

I'm probably not preordering it, but I'll definitely be buying it on PC. I'm really hoping for an online Galactic Conquest mode with clans or something similar.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 9:20:39 PM

@Lilywan,
indeed, Saber Throw was annoying.
Online was better for either, but I felt 2 was okay once you accrued enough upgrades - you were basically a hero by default then, which nerfed Boba or Jango.

Space combat wasn't what I anticipated - having played the original Xwing v Tie fighter, and Wing Commander, I was expecting to be able to pilot or command the other craft... to have most of them on rails was annoying.
That said, it was still fun! BigGrin

Battlefront 1 was annoying, in that enemy heroes could easily be killed by simply landing ontop of them with a ship, or walking over them with the ATAT, or running them off a cliff etc. They were also not playable, which was annoying.

Battlefront 2's most annoying feature? The Ratchet and Clank style guided rockets!
Those things are/were spammed too much online.

So, hopefully Battlefront 3 is awesome.
If its in a crytek style engine, it will look stunning! BlooMilk
Minijedi
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 9:29:24 PM

Im pretty sure dice is running it on frostbite, and theres only gonna be 4 planets at launch, sadly, and with mixed feelings it seems that at least initially the game is only going to cover the original trilogy, so galactic conques is probably going to be a no show at least at first, also im pretty sure this is a reboot, so it would be nice if people stopped calling it Battlefront 3 and settled on a better name like Battlefront 2015 or Project Awesomeness lol sorry for the mini rant there
kobayashimaru
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2015 2:08:03 AM

Fair enough, Minijedi,
its unfair to set the standards too high by comparing the latest star wars videogaming to the awesome that was Battlefront heh.
its 'gamespectation' (expect FemFreq. or Kotaku to bring that up about 's-xpectations in videogames' soonish) which will only lead to disappoint.

I do get what the OriginalPoster meant though, which is the aim of the game BigGrin with a thread titled "new battlefront preordered' etc...

It's sure to be fun no matter what it is,
and after a long "Videogame Drought"
now we live in a "Videogame Flood" BigGrin
Minijedi
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2015 6:00:53 AM

Yeah lol... Wether or not its the best game ever, its still going to be good... Its not gonna be a kotor 3 or a kotor 1/2 HD remix lol (we can dream i suppose XD)
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2015 10:08:21 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:

It's sure to be fun no matter what it is,
and after a long "Videogame Drought"
now we live in a "Videogame Flood" BigGrin

I've always been in a video game flood with my backlog of several hundred titles.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 12:37:33 AM

@Minijedi
Dang... now I'm dreaming of moar KOTOR... BigGrin
not to complain about Galaxies or TOR though - TOR was fun.
I just... I wanted KOTOR to be like FALLOUT or baldur's gate, but Star Wars-y, y'know?
extra narrative and customisation, nice graphics, but not the save file problem heh.

@EmperorDragon
True - you do have an impressive array of titles BigGrin
Have we seen your collection on a youtube vid yet? That'd be neat to see (i bet you've got some rare games).
Like those collectors that have 'the full set' of Sega games, or SNES games; how many titles are you upto presently?
also, on a related tangent... do you only have NTSC/Region 1? Region 4 and Region 6 stuff can be hard to come by on some titles. BigGrin

My rarest game would have to be "EGA/VGA trek - pro edition", on 3&1/2 inch floppy. BigGrin
A mint copy of 'Commander Keen' is also fun to laugh at.
Did you ever play - "Yoda Stories" the game? That thing predicted SWMinis in some ways heheh.

@OP,
sorry to tangent...
The new game is sure to be good fun. The destruction of terrain seems to be increased as well - that was an annoying thing about previous games - there wasn't all that grime that say, Arma 3 or COD etc had.
Vehicles look to be better balanced too - it'll require more teamwork like Titanfall to handle vehicles, instead of standing next to a gonk droid and 'nade spamming over the horizon...