RegisterDonateLogin

When 900 years old Bloo Milk is, taste as good it will not.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

wooohoo battlefront on preorder Options
Minijedi
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 5:04:16 AM
Groups: Member

Lol good points, but assuming they go with a Battlefield approach, we will probably have a class that can drop an ammo box so GONK spamming will be easier, although current reports say blasters never run out of ammo, we have to assume that rocket launchers and maybe a few other "OP" weapons will as well?
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 1:17:44 PM

True there, Minijedi,
there'll probably be a team fortress 2 style Engineer class that will passive buff.
it might be a case of better balance and anti-vehicle damage being lessened - if reports of it playing more like Titanfall, and needing multiple people to teamup to take down vehicles or heroes, it will play much better than previous Wars FPSs.
I'd like that level of gritty strategy to the game, rather than say, a COD 'lazer tag' or 'kill confirmed' play style.

Maybe there'll be space combat, maybe not, but hopefully they'll have dropships/gunships still (like Arma 3, landing a blackhawk and dropping off 6 troopers, or Fallout New Vegas/Fallout 4, landing a Vertibird and dropping off 5 power armor BoS + 1 Super Mutant).

And, worse case, if its not quite what people are hoping for,
there's always Star Citizen BigGrin
it'll be great once its iterative/procedural freeroam universe. Be prepared for it to chew through internet
EmporerDragon
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 8:12:07 PM

kobayashimaru wrote:

how many titles are you upto presently?

Let's see... my current collection is

Steam: 643
Game Boy/Game Boy Color: 12
Game Boy Advance: 10
DS/DSi: 78
3DS: 16 physical, 3 digital
N64: 15
GCN: 62 + 3 retail demo discs
Wii: 65
Wii U: 15 physical, 2 digital
Xbox: 37
360: 376 physical, 16 digital
360 Arcade: 106
One: 17 physical 21 digital
I've also got a case of old, classic games for the PC like TIE Fighter, Day of the Tentacle, Civilization II and so on, but where it got to after moving last year eludes me.

On top of that, I've got an extensive collection of Skylanders (First 3 sets complete save for reprints, Trap Team at 23/52 skylanders and at least one trap of each element), Disney Infinity (1.0 complete & 6 from 2.0), and amiibos (15 from the Smash series).

And on the more absurd side, I am also one of the richest players in Team Fortress 2:
http://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198000322172
Still a long way from the top (my net worth is only about 2% of the richest guy's), but I'd say I've got a decent collection.

As you may have guessed, my collection is a bit focused on the 360. With it now being a dead system, I no longer have to worry about much coming out for it, plus it is still recent enough that I can easily find games and for a reasonable price. The fact that I love achievements also helps. Probably the most notable thing about my 360 collection is the almost total lack of sports titles, of which I have 3.

Quote:
also, on a related tangent... do you only have NTSC/Region 1? Region 4 and Region 6 stuff can be hard to come by on some titles.

I've only got a few imported titles: Pocket Monsters Red, Jump Superstars Ultra, and Idolmaster: Live for you. Gotta focus on the local before trying to spread myself too far.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 9:26:33 PM

@EmperorDragon
Whoa! BigGrin That is youtube worthy-er than last time I asked hehehe
Huge collection! BlooMilk

I have maybe 30 games total atm, inclusive of steam hehehe
quality over quantity? most of mine are multiplayer

That is also a cool fact about Team Fortress 2 - that is a very fun game eh?
I'm 'worth' maybe 35USD in items - how much hours did it take to amass that haul of loot?
You might like Joergsprave's vids on Youtube then - he tries to practically recreate the weapon concepts in real life hehehe. Plus, he resembles the Heavy to a t.

as to other region stuff, i thought maybe you had exotic or region unlock titles too BigGrin
Tales of Genji, the game and sequel, are the more exotic game in the collection - on 360 and PS2.

I hear that the devkit for 360 will be cost-reduce soon, so don't get too comfy that games will dry up hehehe