RegisterDonateLogin

Jabba has no time for smugglers who drop their Bloo Milk at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Building with V-set 10 pieces (Spoilers) Options
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 3:04:04 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I wanted to make a thread to share possible builds for any recently spoiled pieces. (And I didn't want to make it specific so we can keep updating as we find out more!)

Spoilers found in the main Spoiler thread unless otherwise noted.

Yaddle

--Better Jedi--
44 Yaddle, Jedi Master
28 Plo Koon
26 Saesee Tiin
24 Ki-Adi-Mundi
24 Shaak Ti
21 The Dark Woman
14 Coleman Trebor
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
10 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

Luke, Red 5 (http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=16999)
--A New Hope--
100 Old Ben Kenobi
44 Master Yoda
29 Luke Skywalker, Red 5
14 General Rieekan
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

--Test Pilots--
44 Luke Skywalker, Hero of Endor
35 Dash Rendar, Rebel Informant
21 Jon "Dutch" Vander
18 Klatooinian Captain
18 Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo
13 Jek Porkins
12 Anakin Skywalker, Force Spirit
9 General Dodonna
9 R2-D2 with Extended Sensor
15 Tantive IV Trooper x3
6 Mouse Droid x2

notes: AndyHatton's Comment:
Hero of Endor versatiles down into Luke Skywalker Red 5 taking twin. Anakin haunts Luke to get all you can out of Use The Force/Flurrying/Twinning Luke.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 4:05:33 PM
Groups: Member

44 Luke hero of endor down to red 5 giving him twin
36 Yoda of Dagobah
35 Dash Rendar, RI
27 Han Solo, Smuggler
20 Princess Leia
9 General Dodonna
8 R7
12 Ugnaught X4
9 Mouse Droid x3

This way you can use Yoda as a force battery for Luke. When Luke is popped by Leia he can use the force from yodas Force points deal 50 and than shoot again with twin and than shoot again with flurry and than shoot again with twin. just from being popped by Leia this guy can drop 50 + 20 + 20 +20. so 110 dmg.

Is this how that will work?
if so,
this character is most definitely going to be a very very very powerful shooter. I mean rolling attacks was AWESOME! now we have it in a ranged version. I really do not like the power here.

I am not that great at building rebel squads, but i know people who are and I personally see this as a problem with the Use the force popped by leia with twin idea.

Yoda dies, even better master of the force and 6 force points? double crit with flurry, so using double and twin.
first attack is a crit, than twin, than flurry, than twin
double attack is a crit, than twin, than flurry, than twin

200 dmg? is that right?

General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 4:59:08 PM

--Commanding the Shadows--
63 Grievous on Tsmeu-6 Wheel Bike
117 Commando Droid Infiltrator x9
12 Gha Nachkt
8 Battle Droid Officer

(200pts. 12 activations)
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 5:22:23 PM

1) You can already do that Leia/Use the Force combo with Commander Luke Skywalker, and he is 5 points cheaper than Versatiling Hero of Endor down to Red 5. And its something that I haven't seen in anything competitive, it has 0 built squads on Bloomilk. Red 5 is a better shooter than Commander Luke, but I don't think its game busting. And what you've described with Yoda dying you can only done once when he is dead you spent 6 Force Points. The Rebels aren't the Sith, they don't have to access to a giant pool of Force Points to keep going and going with stuff like that.

2) We already had rolling fire as well, its on the Wraith Squadron Pilot in the NR. Its a good ability, not my favorite thematically, but again I don't think its too crazy with what you can do with it.
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 5:25:04 PM

General_Grievous wrote:

12 Gha Nachkt
8 Battle Droid Officer

(200pts. 12 activations)

Maybe I'm missing something, but what makes the Commandos appealing? They are cloaked Melee pieces, they've got some solid stats for their points, but why would you ever want them over other commando options?
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 5:46:28 PM

Well good to know

I, personally, think that it being a Luke (Dash synergy), pilot, Rolling Fire, ignoring cover possibility, and having built in evade makes that combo a whole heck of a lot better in this build (or similar build).
I understand he can only so that combo once, but getting off 8 shots is kind of crazy, plus the possible extra shots from rolling Fire right?

How does rolling fire work on someone using double?
If you kill someone with the first shot can you move and shoot and than use your double shot?
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 6:00:17 PM

I'm not saying he isn't really good, he is probably the best shooter Luke in the game.

In your build he doesn't use Pilot synergy, most people would say that Dash isn't very good, and if he ignores cover he isn't Using the Force (unless Yoda is dead.) Built in evade is mostly a wash, its the Rebels, he is a Pilot, and Hes Luke, he has 3 easy, great ways to get Evade anyway. He is going to burn through Force Points and if you commit with him up front at all he is going to fall apart, he is made of paper.

If it works the same way Rolling Cleave does you can move using the ability and still make your Double Attack.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 6:29:41 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
I'm not saying he isn't really good, he is probably the best shooter Luke in the game.

In your build he doesn't use Pilot synergy, most people would say that Dash isn't very good, and if he ignores cover he isn't Using the Force (unless Yoda is dead.) Built in evade is mostly a wash, its the Rebels, he is a Pilot, and Hes Luke, he has 3 easy, great ways to get Evade anyway. He is going to burn through Force Points and if you commit with him up front at all he is going to fall apart, he is made of paper.

If it works the same way Rolling Cleave does you can move using the ability and still make your Double Attack.

Dash is great in this build. He keeps a very powerful shooter moving and alive.

I am not saying it is going to break the game or anything.
but the possibilities are just untasteful to me.

think about it than. Yoda dies.

his turn
Crit, twin, flurry, twin, (he kills someone after dealing possible 100 damage, you make your save, move 2, shoot, twin. now you use double
Crit, twin, flurry, twin, that person dies, you miss your roll save and have dealt possible 240 damage.

You have attacked 10 times..... It does not seem that hard to pull off to me. All that has to happen is yoda or obi wan die. I am sure you can fit in a Double with a crit from Luke by himself. than use a crit using Yoda's FP to drop potential 110. than when yoda dies do the massive combo. All that is alot of damage potential.

crit by himself and twin and flurry and twin wile moving 6 is really powerful. 100 damage.
pop from Leia (using Yoda), 110 damage.
Yoda dies, 200 damage plus whatever you can get from rolling fire

Its just a whole heck of a lot of potential damage from one character

TheHutts
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 6:48:16 PM

Do you know that you have to be adjacent to use rolling attacks? A good opponent won't let you get too many Rolling Attacks off. I killed about 8-10 Mandalorian scrubs in my one game with Kerra Holt, but I think next time my opponent will know what's coming and spread out.

The potential for Use the Force and Rolling Attacks is really strong though - I really like Kerra Holt, but she's limited to only rolling through 30 hit point pieces. A Rebel squad with a Luke that's not Commando is instantly weakened because it doesn't have its movement breaker though - this piece would be more expensive if it was anything else.
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 6:49:34 PM

You can't use Rolling Fire on the cannon shot from Leia.

You are making a lot of assumptions that twins aren't being wasted on fodder and that he has legal targets. I faced Rolling Fire at the PA Regional, it was annoying, but all it did was clear out 4 pieces of fodder and left the shooter wide open to get wrecked.

Again I'm not saying he isn't very good, I'm just saying I think he does a lot on paper that good players can plan around. Dash is an ok movement breaker but he's no levitation.
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 6:53:37 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Do you know that you have to be adjacent to use rolling attacks? A good opponent won't let you get too many Rolling Attacks off. I killed about 8-10 Mandalorian scrubs in my one game with Kerra Holt, but I think next time my opponent will know what's coming and spread out.

The potential for Use the Force and Rolling Attacks is really strong though - I really like Kerra Holt, but she's limited to only rolling through 30 hit point pieces. A Rebel squad with a Luke that's not Commando is instantly weakened because it doesn't have its movement breaker though - this piece would be more expensive if it was anything else.

Luke has Rolling FIRE not rolling attacks, so he has to make a save not be adjacent. and I think the lack of his access to levitation is what makes him cheap, Rebels can overly rely on that to get anything done, this gives them a viable option in the same point range that actually makes you consider whether you want a great shooter or deep strike.

Rolling Fire [On his turn, whenever this character defeats an enemy by making an attack, with a save of 11, he can immediately move up to 2 squares and then make 1 attack against another enemy without provoking an attack of opportunity]

vs

Rolling Attacks [On its turn, each time this character defeats an adjacent enemy by making an attack, it can immediately move 2 squares and then make 1 attack against another adjacent enemy at +4 Attack without provoking an attack of opportunity]
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 7:03:20 PM

I just do not like the potential here. You don't think its a problem. You have more experience with the piece so how can I fight the claim? We are at an impasse (or standstill or whatever people call it). but just like I am never going to persuade you to change your mind by talking here about the piece, you will not persuade me to change my mind either. The potential is there regardless.

I love the flurry/use the force combo.
I think that the Commander Luke Skywalker might be used if it could be popped by Leia.

And i do like the potential to not rely on Luke, RC for levitation.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 7:39:15 PM

The great thing about this piece is that his awesome ranged potential is also anti-shooterness, to an extent: he has two great defensive abilities, but both of those are oriented toward negating ranged attacks.

Imagine if he goes against a Yaddle or Obi-kin squad (or BOTH? Blink ), half of those attacks are gonna be coming back at him LOL

He looks like he's going to be one of my favorite pieces from the next V-set ThumpUp
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 8:04:45 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

12 Gha Nachkt
8 Battle Droid Officer

(200pts. 12 activations)

Maybe I'm missing something, but what makes the Commandos appealing? They are cloaked Melee pieces, they've got some solid stats for their points, but why would you ever want them over other commando options?

Because after playing against the Vong for the finals of our Canada I found that I had to come adjacent anyways. So having a somewhat swarm of melee pieces with intuition and then eventually twin is appealing as they are far more mobile
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, May 9, 2015 8:46:04 AM

36 Yoda of Dagobah
20 Princess Leia
27 Han Solo, Smuggler
20 K-3PO
13 Chagrian Mercenary
9 General Dodonna
8 R7
9 Ugnaught X3
9 Mouse Droid x3
3 Rodian Brute

Added the Chagrian Mercenary.

Chagrian Merc is adding +20 to every crit Luke is dropping.
So same scenario.
Luke uses his FP to crit dropping 60, twin, flurry, twin; double attack, twin so 160 dmg.
Leia goes, pop Luke, auto crit using Yoda, 70, twin, flurry, twin. so 130 dmg.

Luke just dealt 290 damage without any crazy circumstances happening.

Yoda dies he gains +6 force and MoF 2.

Crit, twin, flurry, twin
Crit, twin, flurry, twin
60 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 60 + 20 + 20 + 20 = 240 possible dmg without making a single rolling fire save whilst killing everything. with swap capabilities. ouch!
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, May 9, 2015 11:27:35 AM

--Yaddle PT--
44 Yaddle
32 Kit Fisto
26 Saesee Tiin
23 Captain Panaka
21 The Dark Woman
16 Jax Pavan
14 Coleman Trebor
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda
4 Gran Raider
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, May 9, 2015 11:36:50 AM

--Top Drops--
30 Arkanian Jedi General
29 Carth Onasi, Old Republic Soldier
27 Lobot
22 *(unspoiled Vset 10 piece)
18 Klatooinian Captain
18 Old Republic Commander
45 *Old Republic Drop Pilot x3
5 Old Republic Guard
6 Mouse Droid x2

(200pts. 12 activations)

TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 10:43:57 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
--Top Drops--
30 Arkanian Jedi General
29 Carth Onasi, Old Republic Soldier
27 Lobot
22 Old Republic Veteran Trooper
18 Klatooinian Captain
18 Old Republic Commander
45 *Old Republic Drop Pilot x3
5 Old Republic Guard
6 Mouse Droid x2

(200pts. 12 activations)

Now that the name has been spoiled, I can put that in there.
Mando
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 11:03:06 AM

jen'ari wrote:
36 Yoda of Dagobah
20 Princess Leia
27 Han Solo, Smuggler
20 K-3PO
13 Chagrian Mercenary
9 General Dodonna
8 R7
9 Ugnaught X3
9 Mouse Droid x3
3 Rodian Brute

Added the Chagrian Mercenary.

Chagrian Merc is adding +20 to every crit Luke is dropping.
So same scenario.
Luke uses his FP to crit dropping 60, twin, flurry, twin; double attack, twin so 160 dmg.
Leia goes, pop Luke, auto crit using Yoda, 70, twin, flurry, twin. so 130 dmg.

Luke just dealt 290 damage without any crazy circumstances happening.

Yoda dies he gains +6 force and MoF 2.

Crit, twin, flurry, twin
Crit, twin, flurry, twin
60 + 20 + 20 + 20 + 60 + 20 + 20 + 20 = 240 possible dmg without making a single rolling fire save whilst killing everything. with swap capabilities. ouch!

it's a not a bad glass cannon squad, but if luke dies, then the squad is done for. So while the dmg is impressive, if your opponent is smart he won't let you get all those shots off on his peices. Stealth/Cloaked/GMA/swap/init control all are working against Luke just to name a few. If you get Luke Red 5, you are taking away one of the main top tier options for the Rebels, that being the Luke Rebel commando's ability to levitate people into position. Maybe the squad could do well with the new Dash rendar that came out in Shadows.
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 5:05:27 PM

--Ambushing IG-88--
48 IG-88A
43 IG-88, Assassin Droid
32 Talon Karrde, Information Broker
25 Trandoshan Hunt Master
17 Gorman "Camper" Vandrayk
12 Rodian Assassin
8 R7 Astromech Droid
9 Mouse Droid x3
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 12 activations)

Camper selects IG-88, Assassin Droid who can now Double/Twin with Ambush + Talon + all his normal stuff. I don't like the bottom half of this build, that last 35 points was just "eeeeehhh what tech can I use plus a Rodian? fine."