RegisterDonateLogin

Obi-Kenobi approved.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : What should we do for our next campaign?
Choice Votes Statistics
Losers Imperial vs Republic 5 55.555555 %
New Republic vs Sith 1 11.111111 %
Old Republic vs Sith 1 11.111111 %
New Republic/Rebel vs Sith/Mando 0 0.000000 %
Other, please leave idea in comments. 2 22.222222 %

Ideas for next campaign Options
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 11:13:51 AM
Groups: Member

General_Grievous wrote:
Republic Versus Empire: Civil War (did I just rip off Captain America hahaha)

I'm good with that.

jak
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 11:15:36 AM

I'd like to help with some ideas to try to balance the factions.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:04:28 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'd recommend trimming down the character lists somehow. At least for factions that have tons of characters. Ideally, the Uniques are heroes such that it's a real loss when one is defeated. And the assigned non-Uniques are pieces that people are glad to get.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:10:46 PM

I've got the unique lists developed. I will start an actual thread when I get home with the uniques. I haven't started non-uniques yet. I can help with allocating fringe bonuses yoo. Mid February is good for me. I know I'm in and Pego probably is too. Can't speak for sure about my cousin but he's probably in too.
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, January 31, 2016 12:14:36 PM

One thing I really want to consider adding to the mix is the element of prisoner exchange maybe. So say I run a squad of 4 Jedi and looking as though I'm going to lose I retreat Mace and my 3 others are defeated. What if instead of being defeated they are taken prisoner and the two sides can potentially exchange those prisoners. Say Obi beats his bro and GG retreats Vader, Obi captures Arica. Now we could trade Arica for Kit Fisto etc.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 4:37:53 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I'd recommend trimming down the character lists somehow. At least for factions that have tons of characters. Ideally, the Uniques are heroes such that it's a real loss when one is defeated. And the assigned non-Uniques are pieces that people are glad to get.

Is that the unique lists or restricted?

And interesting idea Spry but I think the thought of who is going to be left behind adds that tactical decision making and causes one to consider who is going to die. Plus there are so many characters that thinning out the numbers helps more than anything. Major characters also have multiple copies so if one is defeated then that character is only wounded and can come back another time. I have rocked the prisoner angle in a different clone wars style ongoing game and it doesn't really add a whole ton to the stakes as we end up just trading characters back and forth haha. Though it is more realistic compared to actual warfare. For simplicity I say just keep it as is and hope we can thin those numbers down