RegisterDonateLogin

Is more powerful than any Jedi!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Civil War: Imperial vs Republic, Standings, Schedules, and Results Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2016 12:00:48 PM
Groups: Member

Any and all requests for allocations should be submitted to me by Friday at 5 p.m. eastern time.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, April 28, 2016 7:10:35 PM

Same here, send in requests for troop allotments ASAP
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 9:41:42 AM

All allocations have been sent out. Some by email, some by facebook, some by Bloomail as the bloomail system isn't working well.
juice man
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 12:39:49 PM

General, have you received my BlooMail?Confused
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2016 1:41:52 PM

All allocations have been sent out. Go, assemble the weapon and we shall crush the Jedi!

(Also let me know if you did not receive a bloomail with orders for round 5 from me, got yours juice and orders sent)
AnEnemyStand
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2016 1:39:23 PM

AnEnemyStand wins with 159.
DarkLordVerjal loses with 71.

Uniques lost-
Republic - Commander Bly
Imperial - None
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2016 3:36:59 PM

Nice! Well done commander!
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2016 11:46:19 AM

Hey guys I only have a minute but obi_Dan and I will have to pull from the rest of the campaign. We live in Fort McMurray, Alberta and our town is mostly burned to the ground. He's evacuated with his family to safer ground but I'm a firefighter and my place is here to help hold the line. I've been working non stop the last couple of days and there is no end in sight, this is my first break with a charged phone and a few minutes to think. Also not sure if all of our minis burned to the ground. As I haven't been to either of our homes but destruction in the city is near 50%. Battery life is scarce so I won't be able to be in touch here but the rounds allocations are out. If one of the other imperial commanders could step up for the last round that would be appreciated. please pray for rain and strength and good luck brothers with the rest of the campaign.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2016 12:08:17 PM

I've been following your wife's updates on fb under your name. Stay strong brother and I'll be praying.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2016 4:54:00 PM

So sorry to hear about that! I will definitely be praying!
juice man
Posted: Thursday, May 5, 2016 5:34:43 PM

Prayers and thoughts.
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, May 7, 2016 2:52:22 AM

You are the true hero and role model GG. I wish I could be there helping you and your city there. Prayers and thoughts to you and everyones health and safety. Godspeed!
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, May 7, 2016 12:05:43 PM

*Incoming Transmission from Geonosis*

We report success of blocking the enemy's attempt to build a superweapon on Geonosis. We left command of the mission to the Jedi and they chose Plo Koon to lead the charge. He was supported by the 1st Coruscant Guard Legion under the command of Commander Fox. Incidentally, Commander Gree joined the mission to as a squad coordinator. With a Death Strike tactic, the Republic squads found an opposing force led by Lord Hethrir and none other than Darth Maul. With their sheer overwhelming firepower, the Clones were able to defeat Lord Hethrir thus bringing about the end of the reborn movement as Desann was lost before. They also managed to severely wound Darth Maul in this exchange. Plo Koon was hurt but survives the mission and with their Flak Shields and Drawing Fire from enemy Force Pushes the Coruscant Guards were successful.

Final Score 200-26

Uniques Lost:
Republic: None
Imperial: Lord Hethrir, Darth Maul-Infiltrator.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, May 8, 2016 3:03:20 PM

Lieutenant Glasdren, filing battle report for Marshal Comedian:

Our part of the battle on Naboo was successful. Boss Nass, Captain Tarpals, and the... ahem... "Bombad General" himself, Jar Jar Binks, took up positions in three groups - squads of Gungan Artillerists in the northern and southern buildings, with the command crew setting up in the building between.

Rear Admiral Lafcadio wasted no time in beginning his assault. Once again, Vader himself was leading the 501st Legion against us. This time, though, the 501st boasted precision rivaling even that of legendary sharpshooters like Boba Fett. One Artillerist went down right away, the rest scrambled for cover. The field was then quiet for a while, as both sides quietly positioned themselves, ready for our counterattack.

From then on, it seems, the Gungans were in disarray. As they would step out to hurl their Cestas, the 501st evaded the blasts most of the time, and returned fire with devastating accuracy. I have yet to determine why, but something about Yavin's atmosphere inhibited the Gungan Energy Shields from working properly. Blasterfire that would normally bounce harmlessly off of the shields now instead wrought havoc among the Gungans.

The Gungans tried desperately to return fire, but for every Stormtrooper they downed, two more took its place. Their masterful precision was devastating. General Binks' defensive advice was of no use against such accuracy, and as the Gungans saw their brethren mowed down not even the inspiring presence of Boss Nass could inspire them to get back up and keep fighting.

We had just figured out a new strategy to protect our advance by hacking the door systems, but before we could make a move, a trooper spotted the droid and gunned it down. The Gungans did their best to continue the assault, but the 501st continued to evade the missiles. The Southern task force was completely destroyed.

Finally, a veteran Artillerist took his stand - with one great swing, he let a Cesta fly. The blast took a Stormtrooper out of commission for good. He drew back again, and released. Another Stormtrooper fell to the ground. One of their comrades returned fire, but the Shieldbearer nearby had finally got his shield working and reflected it right back at the trooper.

Despite this small victory, the 501st finished off the Northern task force with a surprise attack through the ruins.

When all hope seemed lost, and only one lone Artillerist still stood against the enemy, Jar Jar Binks rose to fight. He mounted his Kaadu, and with his personal Shieldbearer beside him, moved into the ruins as the firefight finished up. In the final moments of the battle, Jar Jar Binks charged the enemy, swatting aside the troopers as if they were made of paper. With their strong discipline finally confused, and Vader's commanding presence too far away to motivate them, the 501st was put to flight - and the Gungans claimed the victory.

Marshal Comedian has now marched off to take up positions against Commander AnEnemyStand. The Gungans aren't in fighting condition right now, but he wants to make sure the Star Corps escapes before sustaining any more losses.

I ran this:
--Weesa Gonna Blow Yousa to Pieces! - Campaign Round 5--
35 Boss Nass
28 Bombad General Jar Jar Binks on Kaadu
19 Captain Tarpals
34 Gungan Shieldbearer x2
70 Gungan Artillerist x7
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist

(199pts. 14 activations)

I took two more Artillerists as Reinforcements.

Lafcadio ran this:
--Stormtroopers with skill! (Yes, Santa does grant wishes.)--
65 Darth Vader, Agent of Evil
14 Stormtrooper Officer
110 501st Legion Stormtrooper x11
6 RA-7 Death Star Protocol Droid
3 Mouse Droid

(198pts. 15 activations)

It was an awesome game. I thought for sure I had the advantage - with the Energy Shields, the 501st would be killing themselves half the time. I thought that realistically, with two Cestas per turn, I could count on taking down one Trooper on my turn, and maybe one per Phase during Laf's turns. I just park, blast him to smithereens, and then send in Jar Jar for cleanup.

Boy was I wrong.

Laf got Reserves on the first round. He also won init. He got a weird line of sight and sniped one of the Artillerists right away. Those 501st Stormies were packing +21 Attack, so even in heavy cover my only hope was Energy Shields or Zombie saves. The Shield worked once, MAYBE twice out of 6+ saves. I never made a single zombie save. during the first half of the game, it took the Gungans about 3 or 4 Cestas to kill a stormy. Meanwhile, they never missed, and rarely failed a save for the Shield.

I finally thought I had regained my footing when I realized I could use my R7 to protect my approach into gambit. I thought it was perfect: the Shieldbearers would protect my troops (and the enemy would be in range of double Atlatl 30). The Stormies would have to sacrifice Careful Shot to move in, thus taking a dangerous +21 Attack for 30 damage twice and turning it into a manageable +12 for 30 once. Jar Jar could hang out nearby, and gallop through the approaching troopers at his leisure. With gambit secured, he would have to move Vader in to push me out, but once he did, Vader would be swarmed by Cestas faster than an AT-ST gets swarmed by Ewoks. All I had to do was -

Wait, how is he able to shoot at the droid?

In yet another moment of brilliance, Lafcadio picked out a 2-inch wide gap in the walls and blasted my poor R7 out of existence.

Towards the end of the game, the rolls started going my way a little more - one Artillerist took down two Stormies on his turn, and then killed another when it shot him and got reflected. In the final minute of the game, Jar Jar strafed in and killed three stormies, giving me the victory 106-83.

No uniques lost.
DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 11:01:50 AM

Great news for the Imperials from the Teth System to help uncover the whereabouts of the second piece of the weapon. The battle took place in the Teth Courtyard. The Imps put the Republic on their heals and had them retreating to leave the Teth System, hopefully shaking in their Republic issue boots, to never return.

After 2 straight losses, the main theme for Team Darthmain, was Vengeance. No better way to exact this then with the following quote: Hell have no fury like a woman scorned!

Don't mess with the Daala!!!!!!

Imps

--Daala's SS--
27 Admiral Daala
20 Admiral Piett
16 Grand Admiral Rulf Yage
14 Scout Trooper Officer
117 Elite Scout Trooper x9
6 Mouse Droid x2

(200pts. 15 activations)

Republic

--Depa's Ranger's--
29 Depa Billaba
23 Mon Mothma
21 Admiral Yularen
20 Antarian Ranger Captain
77 Antarian Ranger x7
8 Mas Amedda
5 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist
15 Youngling x3

(198pts. 16 activations)

Rnd 1:

Elite Scout kills Spaarti. Imps 5-0.

Rnd 2:

Antarian Ranger defeats mouse droid. Elite Scout Trooper kills Antarian Ranger. Rinse and repeat, as 3 addtional Elite Scouts defeat 3 additional Antarian Rangers. Then to show that they are not ignored, 3 more Elite Scouts blast 3 Younglings to bits. Imps get gambit. Imps 69-3.

Rnd 3:

2 Elite Scouts kill 2 Antarian Rangers. Antarian Ranger Captain defeats Elite Scout. Then an Antarian Ranger kills an Elite Scout. Elite Scout then defeats an Antarian Ranger. Which then opens the door for an Elite Scout to charge in and assasinate Mas Amedda! Good riddens you blue skinned baboon! Elite Scout demotes Antarian Ranger Cap by killing him in action. Neither side gets gambit. Imps 130-29.

Rnd 4: As the Elite Scouts had basically surrounded the Republic forces, Admiral Yularen was forced to retreat and leave the battlefield, as the battle was lost, and his talents were needed to fight on in the war.

MVP's

Daala, of course, but the Elite Scouts were amazing, evading shots all night, with the exception of 2, that died valiantly for the cause!

Uniques lost:

Mas Amedda
Mon Mothma
Depa Billaba

DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 4:07:37 PM

Greetings fellow Commanders in the war!

Just a thought for discussion:

I for one, feel that out of respect for General Grievous and Obi_Dan, that we should put a hold on this campaign. This being the real fight/war is taking place in Alberta, where fire is devastating their community. Playing on now feels uncomfortable and we should be more concerned about our fellow players well being, than in this campaign. IMHO, it just doesn't feel right to continue on without these brothers of the SWM community. Though if the concensus is to continue on, I won't refuse to play, however, this should, and rightfully be discussed.

Everyone's thoughts please........................................
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 5:31:15 PM

Niece was using the computer. Short version: Imperial victory!

Uniques lost: Celeste Morne, Talon Kard Info broker.
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 5:34:17 PM

DarthMaim wrote:
Everyone's thoughts please...
Life can really get in the way. It would be OK with me to delay the last round how ever long, or even stop at 5 rounds.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 5:53:35 PM

We can end the campaign after the round finishes. Pegolego is the last game to play and he says they are playing tomorrow.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 8:24:52 PM

this was over for me a long time ago.Mad
I just got beat by a squad that shouldn't even exist..... a swapping durge on speeder squadThumbDown
Joe had Daala, and/or Thrawn in every game buy oneCursing