RegisterDonateLogin

If you strike Bloo Milk down, it shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Vote for next week's contest themes!
Choice Votes Statistics
Officers of the Empire 4 20.000000 %
Heroes of Yavin IV 3 15.000000 %
The Galactic Senate 13 65.000000 %

Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Stats Competition Round 1: The Jedi Council Options
Darth Mavoc
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:10:37 AM
Groups: Member

Welcome to the Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Stats Competition!

Round 1: The Jedi Council

I would like to welcome everyone to the first official round of the Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Stats Competition. I hope that this competition will compel the creative crop of this community to pit there ideas against each other in order to win the Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Competition.

1. Each participant may enter up to 4 characters in the Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Stats Competition. These characters must relate to the theme of the week or they will not be judged. Only if the Bonus is in effect may each participant enter in more than 4 characters (and only to the limit specified by the Bonus)

2. You will have exactly one week to post your entries. At 4:00 PM Australian Eastern Standard Time, each round will close for the judging phase. The winners for that round will be announced the same day. No entry will be accepted after 4:00 PM AEST unless specified by myself.

3. You are allowed to edit your entries as many times as you wish before the judging phase. If you edit your characters during the judging phase, your entries will be disqualified.

4. Your cards will be judged on: a). their relevance to Star Wars, b). the balance that they maintain, and c). the creativeness of the character. The Ultimate Star Wars Miniatures Custom Stats Competiton has only two official judge at this time: Darth Mavoc and Uggie Demo.

5. Each round will have a poll with three options. These options are topics for the next round. At the end of the judging phase, the topic with the most votes will be the theme for the following round.

6. This is a civil forum. We are a civilized people. Please keep your blasters holstered and all inflammatory remarks to yourself. Failure to do so may end up in point deduction or disqualification for a round.

Point System and Ways to Win

Each round contains a total of four ways to win. I will specify two specific characters in the opening post of each round. These characters are optional and you may wish to not make them. However, the people who do enter these characters will have their entries judged and will earn points should they win.

The winner of each category judged will receive three points; the runner-up will receive 2 points. Everyone who does not win but participates in the round will receive 1 point. As of now, there is no set point total to win. However, I will say that the first person to reach 77 points (or higher) might receive something special.

This Week's Round

This week's round is titled The Jedi Council. Your job is to make characters related to the Jedi High Council. Good luck, and may the Force be with you!

This Week's Bonus!

Some rounds of the Ultimate Star Wars Dream Card Competition will have a bonus in which participants may earn extra points. This week, your job will be to make one Jedi Council Member not yet made by Wizards of the Coast as your fifth entry. This Jedi Council Member must have sat on the Jedi Council at any time between the beginning of The Phantom Menace and the end of Revenge of the Sith. You are not allowed to make a fifth entry this round unless it adheres to the above criteria. The winner of this category will receive 5 points and the runner-up will receive 3 points.

This Week's Ways to Win

1. Best Mace Windu, Jedi Council Member
2. Best Plo Koon, Jedi Council Member
3. Best obsolete Republic character with a Force rating from Clone Strike remake
4. Best obsolete Republic character with a Force rating from Revenge of the Sith remake

Scoreboard:

Sithfan: 5
Gemini1179: 3
Monni316: 3
shinja: 3
chewbrocoli: 2
Loda: 2
Volvagia14: 2
defender390: 1
Shadowdragon: 1
defender390
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 1:41:07 PM

Why are you not including the Jedi Councils of both the Old Republic and the New Jedi Order? I voted for the Galactic Senate.

Anyway, here are my entries:

1. Mace Windu , Jedi Council Member
2. Plo Koon, Jedi Council Member
3. Qui-Gon Jinn, Gray Jedi
4. Knight of the Order (to replace the Jedi Knight)
5. Sifo-Dyas

I will do Syfo-Dyas later since that will take a lot of research.

P.S. - It only took me 1 hour to do these from scratch, I am very happy with myself. I rushed through the costing, so I might change them.

Darth Mavoc
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 11:49:36 PM

defender390 wrote:
Why are you not including the Jedi Councils of both the Old Republic and the New Jedi Order?

I thought it would be better to narrow the criteria for this round, so the Jedi Councils of the OR/NJO can be used as the basis for criteria in another round.
defender390
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:12:30 AM

Darth Mavoc wrote:
defender390 wrote:
Why are you not including the Jedi Councils of both the Old Republic and the New Jedi Order?

I thought it would be better to narrow the criteria for this round, so the Jedi Councils of the OR/NJO can be used as the basis for criteria in another round.

That is a good reason, I look forward to more rounds.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:16:47 AM

I like those customs, yah you didn't really make the points well for them, but other then that it rocks!!!
Uggie Demo
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:18:00 AM

We need more customs!!! Any one can join(except us judges!)
defender390
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 6:56:02 AM

I fixed the costs. At least I think I did, that is the hardest part.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:45:21 AM

I think that plo and quigon are still to high.

Also where do you get the pics for those cards(I mean the pics of the jedi, and are there more then just windu and plo?)
Doogle126
Posted: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 5:37:45 PM

Edit: here, I Just made the Cards to save space
http://s382.photobucket.com/albums/oo269/doogle126/Minis%20Custom/
I have:
Mace Windu
Plo Koon
Jedi Master
Grey Paladin
Yaddle

Question, Does that Jedi Master seem a bit overpowered for its points, or is it fine?
tell me what you think about these customs (Check wookieepedia for accuracy)
defender390
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 3:07:54 AM

Uggie Demo wrote:

Also where do you get the pics for those cards(I mean the pics of the jedi, and are there more then just windu and plo?)

I decreased their costs a bit. I just did a google image search to come up with pictures. I do not have any fancy software like Photoshop, so I have to find a picture with a solid background to render transparent in PowerPoint. From there, I just set it to grayscale.

Here is the original I used for Plo Koon:

Doogle126
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 3:15:17 AM

defender390 wrote:
Uggie Demo wrote:

I decreased their costs a bit. I just did a google image search to come up with pictures. I do not have any fancy software like Photoshop, so I have to find a picture with a solid background to render transparent in PowerPoint. From there, I just set it to grayscale.

Here is the original I used for Plo Koon:

Just download Gimp. Very useful tool, its free, and it works a lot like Photoshop
Here: www.gimp.org/
defender390
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 3:23:50 AM

Doogle126 wrote:
Just download Gimp. Very useful tool, its free, and it works a lot like Photoshop
Here: www.gimp.org/

Thanks, I will look into it.
Bay the way, I like your depiction of Shien. That is how they should have done Djem So in the first place. It really fits the style well, with turning one's own attacks against them.
Doogle126
Posted: Wednesday, July 1, 2009 3:18:03 PM

Darth Mavoc wrote:

This Week's Ways to Win

3. Best obsolete Republic character with a Force rating from Clone Strike
4. Best obsolete Republic character with a Force rating from Revenge of the Sith

Does this mean make a piece that wouldn't be used any more in the new sets, or a piece to replace a obsolete piece?
Darth Mavoc
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 10:32:23 AM

Doogle126 wrote:
Darth Mavoc wrote:

This Week's Ways to Win

3. Best obsolete Republic character with a Force rating from Clone Strike
4. Best obsolete Republic character with a Force rating from Revenge of the Sith

Does this mean make a piece that wouldn't be used any more in the new sets, or a piece to replace a obsolete piece?

Good catch. Yeah, they're both meant to be remakes.
Gemini1179
Posted: Thursday, July 2, 2009 2:39:51 PM

1. Mace Windu, Jedi Council Member 73 points
Republic
HP: 150
Def: 22
Atk: 15
Dam: 20

Special Abilities
Unique; Melee Attack; Triple Attack; Synergy (+4 Attack if an ally with a Force rating is within 6 squares); Lightsaber Duelist;

Force Powers
Force 6
Lightsaber Block
Master Speed
Vaapad Flurry Attack (Force 3. Replaces turn. Make 6 attacks.)

Commander Effect
At the end of this character's turn, two allies with the same base size within 6 squares may switch positions, and one Unique ally within 6 squares may make 2 immediate attacks.

2. Plo Koon, Jedi Council Member 40 points
Republic
HP: 120
Def: 20
Atk: 14

Special Abilities
Unique; Melee Attack; Double Attack; Mighty Swing; Rend +20;

Force Powers
Force 4
Force Push 2
Lightsaber Deflect
Levitation 1

3. Aayla Secura 36 points
Republic
HP: 100
Def: 21
Atk: 13

Special Abilities
Unique; Melee Attack; Twin Attack; Mobile Attack;
Leadership (+1 Attack for each non-unique follower within 4 squares)

Force Powers
Force 4
Lightsaber Throw 2
Lightsaber Deflect
Force Leap

Commander Effect
Followers with Order 66 within 6 squares get +6 Attack.

4. Agen Kolar, Jedi Master 32 points
Republic
HP: 120
Def: 20
Atk: 12

Special Abilities
Unique; Melee Attack; Double Attack; Greater Mobile Attack;

Force 5
Force Repulse 3
Recovery 40 (Force 2. Replaces turn. Remove 40 damage from this character)

5. Eeth Koth 28 points
Republic
HP: 100
Atk: 14

Special Abilities
Unique; Melee Attack; Double Attack;

Force Powers
Force 4
Crucitorn (Force 2. Useable only on this characters turn. For the rest of the skirmish, reduce the damage received from non-adjacent attacks by 10.)
Lightsaber Block

The only known Jedi (before Jacen Solo) to master the technique of Crucitorn, the ability to withstand incredible pain.
Doogle126
Posted: Sunday, July 5, 2009 6:55:37 AM

Bump with content!

People, Wizards like to get these ideas from us. Wouldn't it be cool to see a mini that is similar to ours? KEEP POSTING
Sithfan
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 7:03:37 AM

Mace Windu, Jedi Council Member
Cost: 78
HP: 150
Atk: 16

SA
Unique, Melee Attack
Vaapad-Style Fighting (Scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 18, 19, or 20)
Triple Attack (On his turn, this character can make 2 extra attacks instead of moving)
Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

FP
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Master of the Force 2
Force Leap (Force 1: This turn, this character can move through enemy characters without provoking attacks of opportunity)
Force Absorb (Force 2: Cancel a Force power used by an adjacent character)
Force Repulse 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: 20 damage to all characters within 2 squares; push back Huge or smaller characters to 3 squares from this character)
Lightsaber Riposte (Force 1: When hit by a melee attack, this character can make an immediate attack against that attacker)
Lightsaber Defense (Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Shatterpoint (Force 1, replaces turn: range 6; choose 1 target enemy. For the rest of the skirmish, this character's first attack each round against that enemy is a natural 20.)

CE
Followers within 6 squares gain Extra Attack.

Plo Koon, Jedi Council Member
Cost: 38
HP: 110
Atk: 13

SA
Unique, Pilot
Melee Attack
Double Attack (On his turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)
Evade (When hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)

FP
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Force Strike (Force 1, replaces attacks: range 6, 30 damage to 1 enemy Droid)
Force Repulse 2 (Force 2, replaces attacks: 20 damage to all characters within 2 squares; push back Huge or smaller characters to 3 squares from this character)
Lightsaber Assault (Force 1, replaces attacks: Make 2 attacks)

CE
Allies with Pilot gain Extra Attack and Evade.

Kit Fisto, Jedi Council Member
Cost: 50
HP: 130
Atk: 12
SA
Unique, Melee Attack
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Deadly Attack (Scores a critical hit on an attack roll of natural 19 or 20)
Vicious Attack (Triple damage instead of double on a critical hit)
Intuition (Once per round, after initiative is determined, this character can immediately move up to his speed before any other character activates)
FP
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Master of the Force 2
Force Thrust (Force 1, replaces attacks: 6 squares; 20 damage; save 11 for 10 damage)
Lightsaber Precision (Force 1: This character gets +10 Damage on his next attack)
CE
Allies with Order 66 get +4 Attack and +10 Damage against wounded enemies.

Stass Allie, Jedi Council Member
Cost: 23
HP: 110
Atk: 10

SA
Unique, Melee Attack
Double Attack (On her turn, this character can make 1 extra attack instead of moving)

FP
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Force Push 1 (Force 1, replaces attacks: range 6; 10 damage; push back target 1 square if Huge or smaller)
Force Heal 30 (Force 2, replaces attacks: touch; remove 30 damage from a living character)

CE
Allies with Heal 10 instead gain Heal 20 (Replaces attacks: touch; remove 10 damage from a living character).

Oppo Rancisis, Jedi Council Member
Cost: 22
HP: 130
Def: 18
Atk: 10

SA
Unique, Melee Attack
Republic Reserves 20 (If you roll a 20 for initiative, you can add up to 20 points of Republic characters to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round)

FP
Force 4
Anticipation (Force 1: Reroll initiative once per round)
Battle Meditation (Force 2, replaces attacks: For the rest of the skirmish, this character gains the following commander effect: Allies who combine fire grant an additional +2 Attack, and enemy characters cannot combine fire)
Lightsaber Defense (Force 1: When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11)
Darth Mavoc
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 10:35:20 AM

A reminder that the contest will be closed for the judging stage in approximately 1 hour and 35 minutes.
Darth Mavoc
Posted: Monday, July 6, 2009 3:25:39 PM

The thread is now closed to submissions for the judging stage is about to begin.
Sithfan
Posted: Friday, July 10, 2009 5:01:27 AM

Man, the judges take forever to decideRazz

I just want to get to the next catagory already... Smile