RegisterDonateLogin

Is not something you could learn to make from a Jedi.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

set 12 in the squad builder Options
jak
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2016 2:34:11 AM
Groups: Member

any idea if set 12 will make it to the squad builder?
jak
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2016 7:18:21 AM

do I hear crickets?Unsure
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2016 8:32:45 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It's still in the works. swinefeld's the one working on it.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 5:25:26 AM

any progress on this? kinda ridiculous its taken so long before the set is up. Usually in sets past, Vsets would be up as soon as the cards were delivered.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 7:04:48 AM

betcha ten bucks, it never happensAngry
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 8:56:51 AM

Hey guys, it's a ton of work. Almost 100% of it is done by 1 person who has (for the most part thanklessly) done this for years as a completely unpaid volunteer.

If you were paying for the service I could see some indignity, but none of us are. Sweinfeld certainly isn't making a dime from it.

Let's be thankful we have this site, and be grateful when it does happen.

It's one thing to be excited for it, totally different to be pissed off about it.

And Thank you Swinefeld for all you've done!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 9:15:12 AM

is it impossible to have someone help him?
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 9:38:56 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Hey guys, it's a ton of work. Almost 100% of it is done by 1 person who has (for the most part thanklessly) done this for years as a completely unpaid volunteer.

If you were paying for the service I could see some indignity, but none of us are. Sweinfeld certainly isn't making a dime from it.

It's one thing to be excited for it, totally different to be pissed off about it.

I really am grateful that we have this site to do squad building on. That is why i have donated money to it. Just would like to see the site kept to the standard its been at previously and for what i donated money to to keep it that way. I really do appreciate the hard work that goes into making it happen. I am just a little frustrated. I know its completely volunteer time being spent on this which makes swinfeld a awesome guy for taking on the responsibility! Major kudos to him for all the work thats been done by him! It's just when i see that the latest V-set that has been so widely discussed recently on the forums and on SHNN isn't in the squad builder so that people can make squads easier for next years regionals.....I just start to think that maybe this game is dead when I really don't want it to be.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 9:57:56 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:

agreed, however, there is a set precedent for it coming out.

If it is something easy to do and someone posts a tutorial I might be able to help out with it.

(than again maybe not, I cant even get vassal working)

I am sure that others would help out though
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 10:34:26 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Deaths_Baine wrote:
is it impossible to have someone help him?

Impossible, unfortunately. I've asked and offered. Well, impossible outside of influencing shinja to makes some changes. shinja gave him special access to the database, but his account is the only one with the rights to make the updates. And things are not quite... perfectly smooth. Swinefeld has learned to work around any of the quirks, but because of the quirks (sorry, I know no details) it wouldn't even work very well for someone else to use his account to help get things entered.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 12:03:06 PM

Well, that does suck. I understand shinja wanted to protect the website and coding and all that stuff. it seems it may be over as far as squadbuilder goes, and if that happens it will further hurt this game. that is the problem we ran into with legends tracking stats and stuff while playing made it hard to play online not being able to look at the squad at the same time as playing. what about minismanger? is that still around could we build updates for it?
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 12:15:25 PM

I have a better idea,

A fund raiser to buy the site from shinja.

Set a price for $1,500 and raise money to buy it off of him.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 12:23:37 PM

I believe an offer was made and he doesn't want to sell... I may be wrong though
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2016 12:50:15 PM

jen'ari wrote:
I have a better idea,

How about a fund raiser to pay swinefeld for the service of programming the squad builder?Woot
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, October 7, 2016 7:12:00 PM

Caedus wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
I have a better idea,

How about a fund raiser to pay swinefeld for the service of programming the squad builder?Woot

Better idea - he deserves it!
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, October 7, 2016 7:33:06 PM

Caedus wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
I have a better idea,

I am fine with this as well. I don't really know if money is issue more so than time..

But money can make it worth the time. So there is that..
jak
Posted: Saturday, October 8, 2016 6:05:55 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:

If you agree to do something, you do it, or at least make up some BS excuse.
It's a matter of character more than anything else.
We have no idea if, or when, it'll happen.
That's what pisses me off.Cursing

Ole Bloo's on life support.
It's creator, and main Moderator have disappeared.
the Squadbuilder was the best part of the site, without it the site's useless to meThumbDown
Alek
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 10:32:36 AM

Totally agree with you Jak...! ThumbDown
DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:42:24 PM

I want to chime in an say that this site has always been super awesome and such an incredible blessing to our community. I do appreciate all the hard work and blood, sweat, tears, and elbow grease that has been put into the amazing quality and ongoing hard work.

With this being said, the one glaring and always destructive act/lack of, is non-communication. Lack of communication and absence of, destroys nations, super powers, and relationships of all kinds and all walks of life.

My biggest complaint and gripe in this situation is, the lack of communication. All it takes is the person who is maintaining the site to simply take a few minutes to periodically post something on the forum, and communicate with everyone. What I am always hearing is that he talks through others and others talk for him. I firmly believe if he would just comminicate with us all with a 1 minute or less post, we as a community would highly respect him and would have no reason to speculate, conjuncture, rant, complain, worry, depair, or express our concerns to something that is so important and vital for us in maintaining our passion and gameplay in our perspective LGS's, neighborhoods, and even our living rooms.

Please just inform us and let us know your still here, just too busy to update the site. Maybe throw us a bone and say that it will be updated up in 2, 3, 4, or even 6 months..............................Thank you!
DarthRattlehead
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:55:49 PM

hi guys, if you don't already you can download Minicron on android/ios , that has vset12 in its squad builder and is a free download.

cheers,
Rich