RegisterDonateLogin

Twice the pride, double the fall.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Vassal Fight Night Options
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, September 11, 2016 1:33:34 PM
Groups: Member

This thread can be used for setting up games, posting play reports, posting rules established for the game prior to the game starting, etc. If it starts to grow a tad, maybe we can introduce some casual ideas/rules like every second Thursday is melee only night or whatever anyone is interesting in trying to encourage some of the casual players. I, personally, think this starts not this Thursday night but next Thursday night Sept 22nd. That gives some time to get the word out a bit maybe a quick announcement on SHNN *cough*

Time to be on should be 8:30 Central time. or anytime that you have set up to meet someone.

So far names that have said they would like to be involved are: (I am sure there are more out there somewhere)

Caedus
Mando
Jen'ari
obiwan1knight
sithbot
TimmerB123 (voiced enthusiasm about playing Caedus don't know if that means the rest of us)
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 7:02:56 AM

Never against playing, unfortunately I typically work nights and weekends.

Certainly happy to help facilitate any way I can to get the casual format solidified and off the ground.
Caedus
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 9:37:13 AM

No Offense, but if I play anyone, I would want to play by the Tournament Rules Only or not at all. I am posting this as not to waste anyone's time. Thank you for understanding.
Mando
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 9:57:22 AM

Caedus wrote:
No Offense, but if I play anyone, I would want to play by the Tournament Rules Only or not at all. I am posting this as not to waste anyone's time. Thank you for understanding.

I'll be there Caedus if you want to play a game with tournament rules.

Thanks Jenari for setting this up. I was going to post something like this today, but you beat me to it. BigGrin

Hopefully we can make this a regular thing and get lots of players out for some gaming. It should be a good time to playtest some regional squads or play a variety of different formats. I encourage everyone to show up and I'll make sure to try and be there every Thursday if I can. it's on my calendar for sure and I am looking forward to actually getting some games to practice for next year. A mention on SHNN would be awesome Brian if you get a chance to read this before this weeks show. Thanks!
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 11:05:59 AM

@ Caedus,

I am down for playing any format you want.

I think that the way people should do this is try and set up meetings with people beforehand and discuss what they want to play.

For instance, I would get with you and we would play the tournament format since that is what you are interested in.

If I play against some TN boys we might play Legends or possibly the potential casual minis gencon format.
Mando
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 1:31:07 PM

Hey Jenari, what are the rules for the all melee format you are talking about (aside from obviously everyone needs melee attack)? I'd like to give that a try. sounds fun!
obiwan1knight
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 3:49:14 PM

I'm fine doing tournament style, or other depending on who I'm playing. I'm kinda leaning towards focusing on tournament style cuz I want to practice it. My playgroup never switched to doing the 1 activation first round rule yet, so it's something I want to get used to. On that note is there someone/somewhere I can find the rules to look over?
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, September 15, 2016 12:31:31 PM

Just a friendly reminder that this is happening tonight!!! I am going to try and be on before SHNN tonight and get a game in!!!
Mando
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 3:26:45 AM

i had thought it was starting next week on the 22nd? Otherwise i totally would have been on last night. From Jen'ari's opening post, it was stated it'd be the 22nd of this month, but maybe i missed something where it was moved to this week to start it off?
Caedus
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 4:55:51 AM

Mando wrote:
i had thought it was starting next week on the 22nd? Otherwise i totally would have been on last night. From Jen'ari's opening post, it was stated it'd be the 22nd of this month, but maybe i missed something where it was moved to this week to start it off?

I didn't read the date part. oops Laugh I just read playing SWM Drool Well crap, no wonder no one was on.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2016 5:18:16 AM

sorry Caedus,
I am fully planning on being on on the 22nd.

Mando
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:57:56 AM

Just a reminder that this starts in a couple days on Thursday. I know a few people for sure will be there (myself included), so show up for some competitive/casual games and have fun! Looking forward to getting some games in and practicing for regionals for next year.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:13:12 AM

I'm hoping to come watch a little, if nobody minds Smile
Mando
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2016 9:59:01 AM

Vassal Fight night begins today at 8:30pm Central! hope to see ya there! ThumpUp
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2016 10:35:32 AM

I will be on at around 8:45 central time. Have to get back from training.
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2016 5:21:51 PM

Well I am trying to get on. When I pulled up vassal it said "there is a new version" I clicked sure to upgrade and now it is all messed up.

I am uninstalling everything and trying to re-install.
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2016 8:17:21 PM

Thanks to Deaths Baine and CorellianComedian for showing up tonight. Sorry that Mando and I had a playtesting game and couldnt share and thanks to jen'ari who wanted to be there but had technical difficulties. Hopefully we have some more join in next week
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 5:44:51 AM

i'll try to make it one of these but weekdays are hard for me unless its Friday night.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, September 23, 2016 10:34:59 AM

Sorry guys, I could not figure out vassal. I always have my bro help me with it haha. Very not tech savvy at all.

I know the steps are laid out for me, but I still suck at it. Going to have to make a phone conference to get it set up haha

But seriously looking forward to it.
Was going to try out

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/170953/please-pass-the-uh-salt
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2016 4:23:39 PM

Happening again tonight. 830pm Central