RegisterDonateLogin

Knows it's a trap!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

*NEW* Casual Format Vassal Tournament reporting thread Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 1:28:59 PM
Groups: Member

Hold up everyone.

Jen'ari no-showed twice for a scheduled game.

Spry gets 3pts, Jen'ari gets dropped from the tournament.

I'm really not happy about this. I understand real life gets in the way sometimes this was excessive. I gave extra time and then there was zero communication.

Unfortunately the one result I didn't consider it is one of the top seeds getting dropped off or a complete no-show.

I hope nobody's play their game (and simply hasn't posted about it).

It's going to change all the pairings so sit tight while I figure that out.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 4:36:32 PM

Here's the last round of Swiss pairings.

We'll give the weekend as extra due to the holiday. Round ends 1 week from this Monday.

Rounds ends Monday December 5th.

Round 4:
Trevor Cook (Deaths_Baine) (pts) vs Matt S (spryguy1981) (pts)
Trevor Christensen (Mando/Obikenobi1) (pts) vs TJ H (FlyingArrow) (pts)
Rich A (DarthRattlehead) (pts) vs Hone H (HoneHeron) (pts)
Shawn B (Caedus) (pts) vs Mike G (AceAce) (pts)
Jason K (urbanjedi) (pts) vs vs Bryan H (DarkDracul) (pts)
Tim B (TimmerB123) (pts) BYE
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 7:30:14 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:

We'll give the weekend as extra due to the holiday. Round ends 1 week from this Monday.

Round 4:

so nice you mentioned us twice
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, November 23, 2016 9:37:27 PM

Caedus wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Round 4:

so nice you mentioned us twice

Ha, whoops. Clerical error.

Fixed.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 5:46:58 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Hold up everyone.

I'm really not happy about this. I understand real life gets in the way sometimes this was excessive. I gave extra time and then there was zero communication.
Unfortunately the one result I didn't consider it is one of the top seeds getting dropped off or a complete no-show.

Ya, I tried to tell you my life was very busy. I guess it is hard to listen sometimes. It was a very hard time. Life did not just happen it smacked me, than kicked me in the groin and as I lay on the ground it spit on me so hard it vomited all over me than left me in the heat to rot for over 2 weeks straight.

i did not really have much time for communication. I know Spry and would not have done that on purpose. I literally completely forgot about the game completely (which never really happens).

I hate being dropped over something so silly, I should have just gotten the loss and moved on, especially since I have been a large proponent of this and have contacted everyone and played very well when I could. and it is not like Spry had crazy availability anyway.

anyway, think it is piss poor. just got my game in with deaths_baine for the OR vs. Sith campaign. I just think that if their is a player willing to play when he/she can than let it happen.

So the taste of bloomilk is quite bitter right now.

TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:57:57 AM

jen'ari wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Hold up everyone.

Ya, I tried to tell you my life was very busy. I guess it is hard to listen sometimes. It was a very hard time. Life did not just happen it smacked me, than kicked me in the groin and as I lay on the ground it spit on me so hard it vomited all over me than left me in the heat to rot for over 2 weeks straight.

i did not really have much time for communication. I know Spry and would not have done that on purpose. I literally completely forgot about the game completely (which never really happens).

I hate being dropped over something so silly, I should have just gotten the loss and moved on, especially since I have been a large proponent of this and have contacted everyone and played very well when I could. and it is not like Spry had crazy availability anyway.

anyway, think it is piss poor. just got my game in with deaths_baine for the OR vs. Sith campaign. I just think that if their is a player willing to play when he/she can than let it happen.

So the taste of bloomilk is quite bitter right now.

There are more important things than minis, there is no doubt of that.

You had to deal with a lot of those it sounds like, and that is fine.

I could not however, hold up the entire tournament even more than I already had.

As I clearly stated, I wanted games played. After you failed to make your first "iron clad" scheduled game, I gave you another chance. 1 week later and blowing off another scheduled game, there was zero communication from you during the entire second week. There were several frustrated messages from your opponent who was diligently staying in communication. He was clearly at wits end, not knowing what to do. I felt bad for him especially. He already had an opponent drop on him. In a tournament simply designed to play some minis (where winning and losing shouldn't be a big deal), poor Matt has only got 1 game in.

Btw, "I forgot" is really not an excuse. That being the case, you should be focusing on everything else going on other than minis.

The fact that you couldn't even take 1 minute to get online to say you're having a hard time scheduling, or you we're having extreme circumstances, or really anything at all during the entire extra week I gave you means it must have been dire circumstances you were in. That being the case - by all means you should have dealt with that. Sincerely. The last thing you should be worrying about is minis. Even now.

What would be unfair to everyone is to hold up the tournament more. To essentially punish everyone who did show up for their games. Earlier in the tournament we had no shows and people were dropped. I made great efforts to get games going. I didn't want the tournament to fall apart in round 1, so I gave 2nd chances. Even in the second to last round of the tournament when I shouldn't give second chances, I gave you one. I couldn't in good conscience give you a third.

When you are clearly in such intensely awful situations in real life, the rest of us need to accept that and move on. It would be unfair to the next opponent to have that possibility happen again. With the situation being as you explained, that likelihood seemed high.

But this is a casual tournament (it is the name of it after all). It's all about just getting some games in. No reason to be concerned about results.

In that spirit, I currently have a bye. I'll be glad to schedule a game between us. I know I'd like to play another game.

Let me know when you're free to play.
Mando
Posted: Friday, December 2, 2016 6:58:41 PM

played my game vs TJ (FlyingArrow)

final score was 240-142 with the 3pt win going to me, and the 1pt loss going to TJ

I won map roll and we both kinda just rushed at each other. TJ's auto damage took out Kanan and eventually i was able to chew through all of the OR's HP and secure the win. Fun game! Was cool to see all those jedi in action.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2016 3:28:54 PM

Mando wrote:
played my game vs TJ (FlyingArrow)

final score was 240-142 with the 3pt win going to me, and the 1pt loss going to TJ

I won map roll and we both kinda just rushed at each other. TJ's auto damage took out Kanan and eventually i was able to chew through all of the OR's HP and secure the win. Fun game! Was cool to see all those jedi in action.

Nice. Sounds like a fun melee.

Proper to Trevor for the win. Props to TJ for scoring 142pts in that matchup!
DarthRattlehead
Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2016 5:35:56 PM

playin hone tonight... lookin fwd to it!
DarthRattlehead
Posted: Sunday, December 4, 2016 2:41:18 AM

Hi guys, just had an amazingly fun and nail biting match with Hone. I ended up taking it out 200-141, after Durge and Boba cleaned out a bunch of jedis with their twin (from Whorm ) , and Dray decided enough was enough... went toe to toe with Boba at the end of the round, and we both knew whoever got the next initiative would probably take out the game... Luckily for me the chance cube wasn't loaded, but still fell for me :)

Will fill out some more details tomorrow.. but for now: Rattlehead 3 (200) - Hone 1 (141).

Was such a fun game. Cheers Hone.
laters,
Rich
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, December 4, 2016 11:16:51 AM

That game sounds epic. Rattlehead wins the battle of the Kiwis and secures himself a place in the top 4.
DarthRattlehead
Posted: Sunday, December 4, 2016 12:00:17 PM

It was truly epic .. it had everything...
1) An ugnaught rolled a crit to kill a mouse droid that had just based chewie. (crazy)
2) Whorm's twin was brutal - Durge inflicted 150hp one round, lucky for Jaina chewie soaked up 90hp of it
3) 20hp Boba was based by 10hp Dray - which was a do or die move, as if Boba won initiative it would have been 3 points to Hone!

truly fun game.
I think Hone has a pic of the board just before that final round, which may make it up here.. it was awesome.. and Dray needed to change his pants afterwards, standing that close to boba was rather scary
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, December 4, 2016 12:24:29 PM

Thanks to those who have gotten their games in.

I need to hear from people who have not.

Tomorrow night is the official deadline.

Are there scheduling issues?

Let me know
HoneHeron
Posted: Sunday, December 4, 2016 6:06:45 PM

Oh man this game was so good! Went from the Bounty Hunters facing down Jaina and her friends with near certain defeat in sight, to Durge and Jango giving gifts their lives to take down the Jedi, and then Boba left standing defiant against the lonely Dray. Fantastic game, nail baiting rolls and a fair bit of excited yelling. Having a game come down to 20 HP Boba and 10 HP Dray was so intense! Good game Rich

Would post a photo but doesn't seem to be working

DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2016 10:09:34 PM

Round 4 match completed.
Monday, Dec. 5th 10pm-11pm

Darkdracul 3pt Win (200pts)
Urbanjedi 1pt Loss (155pts)

We ran toward gambit and lightsaber battle ensued.
Jacen Unleashed the force and I made nearly all of the saves.
Then my Jedi Weapon Master LS Assaulted and Crit to kill a 60Hp enemy.
Jason failing several LS Blocks was also very helpful.
I was then ahead in points and won initiatives to seal the deal.

It was a fun match and Jason kept the game exciting with his excellent playing.

May the Vassal Dice be with you always.

*except when playing me.Tongue

spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 5:54:25 PM

Death's Baine scored 230 to my 122. 3pt win for him 1pt loss for me. I killed Sky and Morrigan and some fodder got 2 rounds gambit, he killed all my shite and 3 rounds gambit.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 5:19:51 AM

stupid force grip and lightning forgot all about you lol.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:57:58 PM

Alright everyone,

we still have 1 match to go (Shawn vs Mike) , and a challenge match (me vs Jen'ari) - but those won't effect the top 4.

Those are set in stone, so let's get them started!

We have an epic rematch, and a first ever matchup.

#1 12pts (4-0) Trevor Cook (Deaths_Baine)
vs
#4 9pts (3-1) Matt S (spryguy1981)

and

#2 9pts (3-1) Trevor Christensen (Mando/obikenobi1)
vs
#3 9pts (3-1) Rich A (DarthRattlehead)

Current Round: Semi-finals
Round Start: Wednesday, December 7th, 11:59 pm CST
Round Finish: Wednesday, December 14th, 11:59 pm CST
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 9:23:54 AM

DarthRattlehead and I hopefully will have our game set for tonight. will try and get it done before midnight. been kinda hard to nail down a time we can both play during since the huge time zone difference. We have been both trying our best to set up a game, so if we need to have some extra time to get our schedules to allign, I'll post on here to request that.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:33:32 PM

Mando wrote:
DarthRattlehead and I hopefully will have our game set for tonight. will try and get it done before midnight. been kinda hard to nail down a time we can both play during since the huge time zone difference. We have been both trying our best to set up a game, so if we need to have some extra time to get our schedules to allign, I'll post on here to request that.

Thanks guys.

Trevor and Matt are set to play tomorrow.

So hopefully everyone is done by tomorrow night.