RegisterDonateLogin

Makes good bait for Gungan traps.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Great Galactic War: Old Republic Versus Sith, Standings, Schedules and Results Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, March 17, 2017 9:38:39 AM
Groups: Member

DarthMaim wrote:
Incoming transmission from the Badlands:

The Sith encountered a cool, cold, and calculated white haired Jedi that seemed to have a uncanny command of crazed disease producing creatures that can mass produce from the carcasses of their enemies. Fortunately we had the firepower of a squad of sharpshooting Mandos, that destroyed this contingency, bringing their brief lives of destruction to an end. With this Sith victory, this will hopefully bring an end to the Republic once and for all, and put and end to this war!

Play report to follow late tonight. Maim out.................................................

The Sith squad consisted of the following;

29 Death Watch Overlord
11 Darth Sidious Hologram
154 Death Watch Saboteur x14
3 Mouse Droid
3 XT-6 Droid

(200pts. 18 activations)

The Old Republic was the following;

51 Celeste Morne
75 Rakghoul Warrior x3
64 Rakghoul x4
8 R7 Astromech Droid

(198pts. 9 activations)

Rnd 1;

The race to gambit ensues.

Rnd 2;

Slow moving through the cavern with water and inner cave structures. One saboteur was able to draw a line to a Rakghoul, and blasted it to bits. Sith gets gambit. Sith 26-0.

Rnd 3;

2 saboteurs each blast 2 rakghouls, ending their creepy existences. Rakghoul warrior comes in and destroys a saboteur, creating another crazed creature. This just makes for more kindling for the fire, as a saboteur defeats the one that just got born. Celeste then Sith Alchemies a saboteur, bringing another one into the mix. Then 4 saboteurs defeat 2 Raks and 2 Rak warriors, who were taking blasts from everywhere! Then the meddlesome R7 droid got in the way, so it was blasted too. Both sides get gambit. Sith 142-31.

Rnd 4;

Raghoul W. defeats saboteur creating another abomination. Another saboteur has more fodder to kill, and does. Then another saboteur destroys the last Rk warrior. Celeste runs away, as it's hopeless. Sith wins, 177-31.

This solidifies the Sith victory in the war. Great job Sith commanders. Outstanding recognition to Bridgadier General Spryguy, who was 8-0. Thanks again to all that participated in this war. I had a blast!

On to the New Republic vs Imperial war........................................

General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 5:51:56 PM

Brothers, I do not know how long it has been since you heard from me last, but I must relay to you what has transpired. IT feels like it was so long ago now, and even in this moment of brief reprieve I know that the monster will find us soon. So I am using the last of my communicator's power to send out this message. Hopefully you will receive this Grand Admiral Jak, and you will know the fate of the mission.

I suppose I should star by telling you of that final mission, the last battle in this war. I led a strike team consisting of the greatest of our order, The Revanchist, Bastilla Shan (old terrible over-costed version that barely held her own against a sith witch), Jedi Exile, Atton Rand, and Satele Shan.

Grand Admiral Jak's glorious victory drew the Sith away long enough for me to penetrate into the Heart of the Sith device. But Darth Maim had allocated powerful Sith forces to defend the secrets of the orbalisk. Inside I encountered a younger dark version of Darth Revan as a Sith Lord, Darth Caedus, one who seemed to move faster than time itself, Alema Rar (who couldn't roll over a 5 if her life depended on it, and it did) and Shae Vizla the Mandalorian Bounty Hunter.

The battle was fierce, lightsabers clashed, blaster bolts ended lives, and the force seemed to roar in the center of that dark place. But in the end the force fought with me. I was victorious. Only the Dark Revan remained when time had ended.

It was then in our moment of victory that the doors to the inner Ritual pool opened and out walked what could only be described as a woman. At first she seemed beautiful to the eyes like none we had ever seen. But then Revan spoke, saying he knew what she really was. At that moment she transformed before our eyes into a monster the likes I cannot begin to describe, say for dark side lightning and black tentacles.

The battle was fierce and brutal. Our weapons could only keep the beast at bay, but it was as if she, or it, drew strength from our attacks. I knew we needed help to beat the monster, but I had heard nothing from the other commanders. In the end I knew we would not be successful, that we could not defeat this monster. It has felt like an eternity since then, minutes turned into hours, hours into days, and yet I believe that this monster could have ended the fight long ago. She continues to toy with us and we will continue to fight back, even if it is until the end of time itself or until my life is spent.

I leave this holorecording in hopes that you receive it Grand Admiral Jak, that you organize a resistance, that you keep fighting the fight against this dark enemy. Even though we are beaten, we will only surrender when the breath leaves our lungs.

Strength and Honour brothers.

General Jon Grievous Out

*The Sith Armada succeeded in defeating the final Old Republic strike force, and though the Jedi fought with valour, in the end Darth Maim succeeded in his plan at taking control of the galaxy once and for all. But with his army of Sith, a powerful dark master in Abeloth, and an armada of Sith Lords, one wonders how long he will be able to maintain control.......*

THE END

Great job everyone!

Thank you for the excellent campaign and for taking the time to engage in it. It was a blast and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did. Take care and see you in the next war!
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, March 19, 2017 8:21:53 PM

Oh no a wild tusken raider wielding a golf club! Is this your new sith empire Maim?
juice man
Posted: Monday, March 20, 2017 3:39:35 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Oh no a wild tusken raider wielding a golf club! Is this your new sith empire Maim?
Look again General. This tuskin is wielding not just one golf club, but four! Possibly five, it's hard to tell, he is moving that fast. This is the result of the decadence the republic allowed to take root.

Fear the Tuskins!!!!!
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 8:23:32 AM

Now that the war is officially over, I guess the round 8 results for ;

5. Spryguy1981/JerJerrod4-Nelvaan Snow Fields

is moot, but just curious, did you guys ever get your battle in?

Just wanted to know if Spry did indeed go undefeated for the war at 8-0?