RegisterDonateLogin

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Great Galactic War: Old Republic vs Sith, Chit Chat Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2016 3:36:03 PM
Groups: Member

jak wrote:
analysis by jak OR win 205 -10 (Joe got gambit once)
Farfalla's CE helped alot. The Consulars non-force heal, and their SA, clearly makes them the best of the latest Vset.
The 4 pt rookies even helped more than I thought they would. Their attack and damage increase was helpful, as they were the only non-melee pieces in the battle. A 17 defense and no defensive abilities made the Leviathan
as durable as a balloon.200 HP, and it still went down in 6 hits. Alleema has some cool SA's, and FP's, but we didn't see to much of them, since she ran like the b!tch she is.
funny notes- in mid round 1, Joe said he was glad he was getting init. in round 2. He had mixed up SWM, and IA
initiative rules, I thought he was joking, but he really forgot. Next round he rolled a 20 for init. "I guess you are going first" I said, as I rolled my d20. A 20! we tied, re-rolled and I won. The match lasted 33 minutes, but was over when the Leviathan was slaughtered.
I haven't play SWM since GenCon, and Joe even longer.
It was fun to play again, and I look forward to more matches.
peace
Jak

Great write up Commander Jak, even though you are Republic scum Tongue

Greetings to all Commanders taking part in The Great Galactic War!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for one, am really enjoying this War, and have to concur with Jak, I am looking forward to many more matches. I love these 2 factions. I wish I could battle weekly! I am so pumped up! Believe it or not, I am already kinda planning for round 3 ( maps, allocations, etc. ), of course not finalizing, pending character defeats, Commander requests, etc.

With this being said, I am realizing that there are only 6 rounds to our war Sad. Would any of you consider, if the war is close ( or even decide right away ), to extend the war, to perhaps, 8 rounds? If anyone objects, not a big deal. My thoughts are that it would give us more time to really explore matchups, synergies, expand on squad building, and allow us the opportunities to mix in the Fringe bonuses, that we only receive as rewards, that we don't even see until we win them. Just a thought, and thanks in advance for everyone's thoughts.

Supreme Commander Maim out.....................................................
jak
Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2016 8:17:20 PM

I'm inThumbsUp
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, December 3, 2016 11:13:10 PM

I'm open to it too, it will make the last couple rounds super swingy though haha.

It does feel too short though and it's my favourite style play (although we need to train some more supreme commanders haha)
DarthMaim
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2016 12:29:54 PM

Greetings Commanders in "The Great Galactic War"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The holiday season is in obvious full effect. I will be out of town for a week leading up to Christmas. So in looking ahead to Round 3, I propose that we extend Round 3 to 3 weeks, instead of 2, which would make it that we play games and post results by 01/03/2017. Just to clarify, not the current round, round 3.

Would this be ok with everyone? Thanks in advance
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2016 2:00:13 PM

Old Republic Command agrees to the week extension for round 3. Though I didn't know the Sith follow Christmas as we in the Republic do! Haha
juice man
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2016 2:33:23 PM

YES!!!! I would also like to point out - balloons last much longer.
DarthMaim
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2016 2:37:02 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Old Republic Command agrees to the week extension for round 3. Though I didn't know the Sith follow Christmas as we in the Republic do! Haha

Remember this all important philosophy, Commander:

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.

All who gain power are afraid to lose it. Even the Jedi. Good is a point of view, General Jon Grievous. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power. I do not fear the dark side as you do, Jon. I bring peace, freedom, justice, and security to all in the galaxy. There is still time for you join us. I could use a commander like you by my side. I know what's been troubling you. Listen to me. Don't continue to a be a pawn of the Jedi! Ever since I've known you, you have been seeking a life of great significance, far more than any Jedi.

Come rule the Galaxy by my side, Lord Grievous..................................................

General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2016 3:05:31 PM

Your words may tempt a lesser man than I, but I've seen your kind before. Fought and beat plenty of "Darth this and that" and their special army of unstoppable evil which we stopped. Your forces may be different then we've faced before but the light will stand strong just the same. So I ask you instead to surrender or return to where you came. The force fights with us!
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2016 10:31:23 AM

On the eve of 2017, as 2016 comes to a close, as Supreme Commander of the Sith, I proclaim 2017, as the year of the Sith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let us reign supreme and rule over the Galaxy with Fear, Aggression, Anger, Power, and Strength, for this year and many years to come..................................................
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, January 13, 2017 4:29:55 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
(Side note I have been offered a position in a post secondary education program that stats feb 21st so I will only be able to lead until what was to be the end of the standard campaign at 6 rounds. We can end there or if an Old Republic Commander wishes to take the mantle of leadership onto themselves the campaign can continue. Let me know either way what each of you want to do)

Greetings Commanders!

Congrats to OR Supreme Commander Grievous on his program acceptance! With that being said, I for one, am still interested in continuing our campaign to 8 rounds. As Grievous has stated, can any of the OR commanders ( Jak,
Deaths_Baine, or JerJerrod4), take over for Grievous in mid February, starting with round 7?

Or would everyone just want to end the campaign at 6 rounds?

General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:06:05 PM

I'm taking it that no one else is available to take command. If Maim is ok with ending on the original timeline I can say we will fight again one day and end this war after 6 rounds.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:41:12 PM

Commander,
The Lost tribe has done most interesting results. We have hurt the pride of the enemy as their powerful masters shrunk before our skyborn rangers. The presence of such menacing beats must have put them on edge because the force was not strong with them.

Sith wins 118 to 76

No uniques lost. Commander we almost tipped the war in our favor by sending a renown Jedi Master to the be one with the force.
jak
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 8:15:48 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
I'm taking it that no one else is available to take command. If Maim is ok with ending on the original timeline I can say we will fight again one day and end this war after 6 rounds.

I'll do it!ThumbsUp
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:49:34 AM

jak wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

I'll do it!ThumbsUp

Nice! Captain Jak I'll formally transfer command to you after allocations for the 6th round go out
DarthMaim
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 5:27:36 PM

jak wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

I'll do it!ThumbsUp

Give in to the Dark Side Jak. You know your true nature. It's in your destiny..................................
jak
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:08:09 AM

DarthMaim wrote:
jak wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

I'll do it!ThumbsUp

Give in to the Dark Side Jak. You know your true nature. It's in your destiny..................................

you may be right, my first command was for the Empire, when the 1st leader was unable to perform his duty.
however, I picked OR this time to be in the great army of General Grievous.
DarthMaim
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 4:47:29 AM

Old Republic 25 Points
Sith 25 Points

Nice close War, Sith and OR Commanders! Really highlights the great balance we have in our game now. I can't wait to see who wins. But let's be honest here, is there any doubt who will come out on top?

With that being said, "Come to the Darkside OR commanders. There is no hope for you. Luke Skywalker doesn't even exist yet. But even so, look into your Holocron of the Future; You'll see a haggard old, defeated man, hiding out alone on some plush deserted planet. Save time and OR lives. You can't stop the inevitable. This is your only chance, Join us or Die!
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2017 9:16:47 AM

If it is our fate to die in the defense of what's true, just and right, then I would do so in a thousand lifetimes. So bring it on Sith.
jak
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 2:40:07 PM

some general advice to help us all in our SWM games:

do not bring a pile of knives(lightsabers) to a gun(blaster) fight!Angry

AND
Sith Hunter(+4 +10) doesn't do DICK against their Mando alliesCursing
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2017 10:21:44 PM

Rough game? Haha