RegisterDonateLogin

Voiced by Frank Oz.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-set 15: what do you want to see? Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 4:32:50 AM
Groups: Member

Would really like to see Separatist huges become competitive, and I think something like this would really help them:

Central Control Computer:

Unique
Damage Reduction 10 (Whenever this character takes damage, reduce the damage dealt by 10. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.)
Machinery (Industrial Repair removes damage from this character)
Droid (Immune to critical hits; not subject to commander effects)
Transmit Orders (At the start of the skirmish, choose a Unique ally whose name contains Grievous, Dooku, or Ventress. That character is considered to be within range of allies’ commander effects, and its own commander effects have unlimited range. Also choose Disciplined Leader or Willing to Serve. For the rest of the skirmish, the chosen character gains the chosen ability.)
Emplacement (Cannot move or be moved. Set up anywhere on your half of the battle map.)

This way you would have a guaranteed Commander effect for your droids from Grievous. Alternatively something like:

Techno Union Technician
Backup protocols: (Huge Separatist droid characters in your squad are always subject to Commander effects regardless of range. Commander effects which apply to Huge droid characters cannot be suppressed)
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 4:52:29 AM

Tandem attack.... while adjacent to an ally with melee Attack,this character may activate to give the adjacent ally plus 20 damage and +4 attack against against an enemy adjacent to both characters, ---combine fire for melee? does it exist i know the wording is awful just a thought
DarthMaim
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:31:19 AM

Help minis that never get played, that are obsolete, and that have cob-webs on them in our collections :)

( I have 3 bins full of minis in my garage, that sit there and never see the light of day )
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 11:41:33 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Would really like to see Separatist huges become competitive

Honest question -

have you built with or played the NR-N99 Droid Enforcer?

I know you seemed excited when it came out, and I think there is lots of potential there, but I haven't seen much feedback since then

Droid (Immune to critical hits; not subject to commander effects)
Speed 8 (Can move up to 8 squares and attack, or 16 squares without attacking)
Damage Reduction 10 (Whenever this character takes damage, reduce the damage dealt by 10. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.)
Dual Weapon Use (Replaces attacks: Make an attack, then use one other special ability that replaces attacks)
Mount 2 (This character can transport up to 2 Small or Medium allies who ends their move adjacent to it. Remove those allies from the battle grid; they move simultaneously with this character, have cover, and are considered adjacent to it. They can make attacks, counting distance from this character. A transported ally can return to the battle grid immediately before your first activation of the round. If this character is defeated, the transported ally is also defeated; save 6.)
Mounted Weapon (Only allies with Mounted Weapon or adjacent allies with Gunner can combine fire with this character)
Pulse Cannon 40 (Replaces attacks: sight; 40 damage to target and to each character adjacent to that target; on a save of 11, reduce the damage to 10)
Stable Footing (Not slowed by difficult terrain or low objects)
Stun Mortar (Replaces attacks: sight; living target and each living character adjacent to that target are considered activated this round; save 11 negates. Huge and larger characters ignore this special ability.)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 9:10:24 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I need a volunteer for some grunt work. Anyone could do it. Send me a PM if interested.

The "pay" is minimal, but not quite zero. Probably half hour or less of work.
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 9:49:20 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Would really like to see Separatist huges become competitive

Honest question -

have you built with or played the NR-N99 Droid Enforcer?

I have against myself on Vassal a few times. With Lando and chopper you can drop some massive damage and mounting Maul on N99 is really awesome.
--Run to the Chopper--
65 NR-N99 Droid Enforcer
53 Darth Maul, Champion of the Sith
20 C1-10P "Chopper"
20 General Whorm Loathsom
19 Lando Calrissian, Galactic Entrepreneur
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Mouse Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

competitive? no way, but it's pretty fun.

GG is right I think. It's nearly impossible to make Tann squads that cover all the bases. I think huges are just too bound by movement restrictions.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 11:55:16 AM

I have tried and it's definitely one of the stronger squads but it's also just too costly and more handicapped by the map lists than anything. My best luck has been with:

--Dragons--
55 Sev'rance Tann
76 Droid Starfighter in Walking Mode x2
30 Nute Gunray
15 Lok Durd
13 Passel Argente
9 Battle Droid Officer

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Nute Gunray) 19 BX Commando Droid Spotter

Preferred Reserves:
(Nute Gunray) 12 Haor Chall Engineer
(Nute Gunray) 8 B2 Super Battle Droid

(198pts. 8 activations)

OR best with NR-99
Triple-Tap-Tank--
65 NR-N99 Droid Enforcer
36 Darth Sidious
20 C1-10P "Chopper"
19 Lando Calrissian, Galactic Entrepreneur
13 Passel Argente
10 Squib Trader
9 Battle Droid Officer
8 R7 Astromech Droid

(200pts. 9 activations)

Not bad squads on paper or on an open map as there are great boosts to huges but their biggest weaknesses are:

-Being Huge, this is why I try to advocate for at least one map list being all huge friendly or else they have a heck of a time getting around, somewhat mitigated by forward posistioning but again that is more cost added just to get them into the fight.
-shut down by Bastilla/disruption/distraction, you name it but these huge guys have a lot more surface area to be based by pieces that shut it down let alone can't do a thing against Bastilla. It's too bad when there are some great CEs for these guys but they just don't get to use them half of the time. I think this could be corrected somewhat with something like this:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27648/central-control-computer
Or alternatively an ability like "Hardwired orders: Commander effects in your squad that affect Huge Droids cannot be suppressed. At the start of the skirmish choose one allied Separatist Commander, that character gains Disciplined Leader for the rest of the skirmish.
-super stealth, somewhat mitigated by Tann but again pricey
-low damage output, this can be corrected slightly by Lok Durd, but you see the theme here, trying to fit in the commanders that make these guys better starts adding up very quickly.
-fewer activations and large size means these guys often get stuck behind doors, trader can help but then there goes your activation, I have a potential fix for this at the end

But they are better now than they have been in the past and I am tempted to bring them to next years regional (almost did this year but between the cool new Father piece and the map list I didn't feel I would get to far)

But they are just not competitive yet. However another interesting option for them which I would love to see as it combines two of my favourite builds is something along the lines of:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27317/general-kalani

jen'ari
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 12:35:18 PM

I want to see a competitive 60+ melee force users in old republic.
I want a movement breaker for Separatist force using melee pieces (maybe as a CE from a competitive commander Dooku that moves his acolytes, including uniques, Sora bulq, asajj, Quinlan vos, etc)
I would love to see a fringe or Mando piece with an ability called Sonic screamer that effects all characters within 3 squares that stops the use of relay orders or booming voice until the end of the round.

Tactical Shot, allows movement without attack of opportunity from the opponent hit by characters attack this phase.

Competitive Republic Yoda
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 2:17:25 PM

jen'ari wrote:
I want to see a competitive 60+ melee force users in old republic.
I want a movement breaker for Separatist force using melee pieces (maybe as a CE from a competitive commander Dooku that moves his acolytes, including uniques, Sora bulq, asajj, Quinlan vos, etc)
I would love to see a fringe or Mando piece with an ability called Sonic screamer that effects all characters within 3 squares that stops the use of relay orders or booming voice until the end of the round.

Tactical Shot, allows movement without attack of opportunity from the opponent hit by characters attack this phase.

Competitive Republic Yoda

+1 great list
shmi15
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 2:37:00 PM

I would like actual Canon characters....

Aftermath trilogy

Dark Disciple

Lords of the Sith

Thrawn

Catalyst

Ahsoka (YA NOVEL)

ALL THE NEW COMICS

These books have loads of characters that are actually relevant to Star Wars nowadays. Whether you like them or not... Its what Star Wars actually is. Not a Grand Master Luke. Not Ancient Sith Lords. But right now they are giving us tons of Rebel/Imp/Republic/Fringe/NR/Sith characters.

The book LORDS OF THE SITH, alone demands a Darth Vader who works with a new Palps in the SITH faction. if you have not read, go get it from the library. They are amazing in the book. They work together, and their Synergy in this book begs for a Figure of them from it.

But I'm a fan of going forward with Canon. And leaving the "fanboy"/Legends aspect out of it. It just makes sense. Read the comics. The Vader
Gizmotronx
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 2:48:39 PM

shmi15 wrote:

Aftermath trilogy

Dark Disciple

Lords of the Sith

Thrawn

Catalyst

Ahsoka (YA NOVEL)

ALL THE NEW COMICS

These books have loads of characters that are actually relevant to Star Wars nowadays. Whether you like them or not... Its what Star Wars actually is. Not a Grand Master Luke. Not Ancient Sith Lords. But right now they are giving us tons of Rebel/Imp/Republic/Fringe/NR/Sith characters.

The book LORDS OF THE SITH, alone demands a Darth Vader who works with a new Palps in the SITH faction. if you have not read, go get it from the library. They are amazing in the book. They work together, and their Synergy in this book begs for a Figure of them from it.

But I'm a fan of going forward with Canon. And leaving the "fanboy"/Legends aspect out of it. It just makes sense. Read the comics. The Vader

+1

DarthMaim wrote:
Help minis that never get played, that are obsolete, and that have cob-webs on them in our collections :)

( I have 3 bins full of minis in my garage, that sit there and never see the light of day )

+1000
I want just straight up updates to pieces that aren't usable anymore, e.g. sith trooper, dark jedi, dark side enforcer, Old Republic Jedi Knight, trooper, guard, so many more... that's just a start. Looking at you Arcona smuggler. Young Boba is another good example that be helped a lot by just adding EDIT*Mercenary*
Echo24
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 2:59:06 PM

Young Boba has Bounty Hunter +4 already, and a new version was made in Scum and Villainy (V-set 4).

Edit: Previous post originally said Bounty Hunter instead of Mercenary, so that corrects the first half of the above sentence. Second part is still true.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 3:16:44 AM

shmi15 wrote:

Aftermath trilogy

Dark Disciple

Lords of the Sith

Thrawn

Catalyst

Ahsoka (YA NOVEL)

ALL THE NEW COMICS

This is interesting.
I did not know there was this much information already out. Should we be moving towards this direction? At least for some factions? until more info comes out for some of the other factions?
You think Republic, Rebels, Separatist, and Imperial should all be fine to take this route. It does make sense.
I will be reading Lords of the Sith on your recommendation sometimes this summer.
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 5:59:23 AM

I want equipment and/or skills to become a real thing. I see a sith holocron is coming in V14 which I hope will work like an equipment.

It seems kind of RPG-ish, but there wouldn't be much need for new versions of old characters if equipment like this existed:

Focused Lightsaber Crystal
Cost 10
Equipment [Place this card beneath the chosen target's card exposing the effect. Each character may only have 1 equipment]
During setup, after seeing your opponent's squad, chose a non-unique character under 30 points with a lightsaber. This character gains +10 damage.

OR

Defensive Lightsaber Training
Cost 10
Equipment [Place this card beneath the chosen target's card exposing the effect. Each character may only have 1 equipment]
During setup, after seeing your opponent's squad, chose a Unique character under 40 points with a lightsaber. This character gains 1 force point and Parry

Think how fun the father would be if you could build your lightweight jedi a little before committing to only 2 characters.

It would take some playtesting, but it would take a lot of squad building to look for obvious abuse.

We kind of do this already with pieces like Darth Bandon and others that have CEs that hand out powerful upgrades like they're candy.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 6:16:02 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

donnyrides wrote:
I want equipment and/or skills to become a real thing. I see a sith holocron is coming in V14 which I hope will work like an equipment.

We have a Bacta Tank. What more could the galaxy ask for?
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 6:25:34 AM

I'm glad you brought up the bacta tank. I also want a Vader in the Bacta Tank that can somehow be triggered to emerge into a predetermined Darth Vader character. along the same lines as Han in Carbonite but with a different trigger.
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 7:02:59 AM

I think we're to late in the game to add equipments. The holocron was contraversial because many people feel the same way I do. Some of the issues were solved because although it is somewhat of an equipment, you can replace attacks in order to kill it. There have been designers that have wanted the exact thing you do Donny, the initial idea for the holocron was an equipment I believe. However, one overarching goal the v-sets has is to keep the game similar to how wizards left it.

Equipments would add a whole nother level of depth and complication to a game that is already so complicated. That's just my opinion though..
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 9:13:21 AM

donnyrides wrote:
I'm glad you brought up the bacta tank. I also want a Vader in the Bacta Tank that can somehow be triggered to emerge into a predetermined Darth Vader character. along the same lines as Han in Carbonite but with a different trigger.

+1 to this, see the CCC winners thread for a finely tuned one

And speaking of Bacta tanks:
Can we get a version of this clone wars healer to boost them?
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23065/doctor-rig-nema

And finally how about Echuu Shen-Jon to finally balance out Sev'rance Tann, could have a boost for republic huges?
AceAce
Posted: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 11:30:14 AM

--It Might Be Good--
65 NR-N99 Droid Enforcer
36 Darth Sidious
24 Commando Droid Captain
16 Poggle the Lesser
9 Battle Droid Officer
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
14 Geonosian Drone x7