RegisterDonateLogin

Caution: May bring balance to the Force.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot 39 - Old-Fashioned Style Options
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 7:30:49 PM
Groups: Member

1st: SithBot's Ulic - This was one of my favorites from the start, but changing F3R1 to F4 sealed the deal. This is exactly what WotC beatsticks were like - awkward lack of ranged defense, and even more awkward lack of Force points. Soooo many Jedi died having awkwardly spent all of their Force points on the first two rounds of engagement, and then limped along without any defense or mobility for the rest of the game.

2nd: jen'ari's Luke - I'm a sucker for pieces with 10 damage and lightsaber, and you did this one really well. I feel like he almost has too many abilities, but it's really okay. He's another WotC archetype - unless you go crazy on JMT, his Renewal serves no purpose other than spamming one defensive ability.

(ironic how the big pieces that can live a long time usually missed FR, but the small pieces that only lived long enough to spend 2-3 FP got Renewal)

3rd: Lafcadio's Captain Gregor - It was a huge toss-up for 3rd, but what really won out in the end was that CE. It's awesomely thematic - which WotC CEs were, quite often - and yet, it also has an awkward oversight. Evading Mouse Droids is just the thing WotC would let slip through. Aside from that, the piece is really cool - kind of Dash-Rendar like in the unusual coordination of his abilities.

Honorable mention goes to donny's Kyber Cryrstalsmith - that is total WotC as well. The unnecessary restriction to non-Unique is a nice WotC touch (no offense if that isn't how you meant it, but early WotC seemed painfully afraid of boosting Uniques in any meaningful way, and spammed the "non-unique" caveat whenever they could).
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 6:06:25 AM

My voting this week is weird because I'm voting on criteria more than the end value of the piece itself. "how would WotC make this piece" instead of "I would love to kick some butt with this piece". As for butt kickers, GG's and Sithbot's pieces were really nice pieces that I would love to use, but for judging based on criteria, I voted like this:

1st Caedus - paploo - I just think it's a fun way to gather enemies for a the hang glider strafe

2nd Surf - Selkath Fringer - and outer rim gem. Could have handled attack 0 and melee since he's 3 points, but this is a WotC special. Does 1 thing, shoots a net gun.

3rd CC - Ima-Gun-DI - This is exactly how WotC would have made a relatively unknown jedi. Double, Assault, fairly mild CE etc... Although it would have made Sevs really good. CE needs "within 6" to be a true WotC Rep CE though.
Lafcadio
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 8:28:44 AM

3rd: jen'ari

2nd: Caedus

1st: saber1
Caedus
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 9:52:10 AM

1st jen'ari

2nd Surf

3rd CC
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 12:26:35 PM

1st: SithBot

2nd: CorellianComedian

3rd: Lafcadio
Lafcadio
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2017 12:37:04 PM

I believe SithBot is the winner with 12! Well done sir!