RegisterDonateLogin

No blasters! No blasters!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Ideas For Our Next SMW Campaign Options
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2017 6:57:38 AM
Groups: Member

I think we should play a sort of "Kindgom Hearts" tournament.
Assign like 15 levels each going up in difficulty, until the end.
Need to play on an really open board like Rancor Pen or other very open boards.

Lets say we pick Separatists as the "bad guys".

Than we assign 15 levels of difficulty.

1. Battle Droid Lieutenant, Super Battle Droid Commander, Battle Droid Officer, 8 Super Battle Droids.
3. Sora Bulq
10. General Grievous, Droid Army Commander, Battle Droid officer, 10X Battle Droid
!3.
14. Dooku
15. Darth Sidious, Supreme Chancellor

etc.
You get to choose up to 100 points maximum for each stage. There will be a maximum of people you can use and once they die, they die. Their damage also stays on the characters as you go up in stages as well.
So you do not want to lose any points going up the ladder.
jak
Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2017 7:28:29 AM

Confused sorry, Jen' I have no idea what you are proposing.
explain it, like I'm an old man, or a child.Blink
DarthMaim
Posted: Sunday, March 5, 2017 10:44:12 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Epic III should be available to the masses also for use in this!

We could also add Epic Boba Fett, Mandalore, to New Republic ( Due to affinity ).

To even it out, I also think we should allow Epic Galen Marek, Unleashed ( Rebel ) (Granting him affinity to Imperials, just for our campaign), to be assigned to the Imperials, because he, after all, was Vader's secret apprentice, even stated in the sub-title of the card itself. (On a side note, I always thought it was strange that the designers didn't give this Epic affinity. After all, the 66pt Galen Marek (Rebel) mini, has affinity for Imperial. They should have done the same for the Epic)
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:02:28 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
2. A simpler process is once all allocations are sent form both commanders. The supreme commander who chose maps reveals which commander/battle has been assigned epics and the enemy commander in that battle that had not been assigned epics, is now able to use his factions epics in addition to what he was assigned. This way it still leaves the element of surprise each time so that there's not an: epic piece versus bounty hunter/assassin/jedi Hunter built to kill epic squads.

I agree that epics shouldn't be able to be permanently killed, but possibly the epic that is defeated cannot be used in the immediate next round (this way The Ganner may actually see some play)

+1 to option #2. The Epic battle for each round, should be played with regular Epic rules ( 500pts, 16 act max, no activation control, no reserves or reinforcements, 25 pt min mini for 25 pts in gambit )
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2017 6:55:50 PM

OK I will try.

Two people, one is kind of like the NPC, the other is the player.

The player has a list of usable characters. Uniques keep damage on them for each round.
The other group, the npc, are grouped into growing difficulty until level fifteen.
Level one is easy level fifteen is hard.

The levels are preset so the player knows how to strategize.

The npc is controlled by a different vassal player and this can happen one right after another.
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, March 9, 2017 8:08:38 PM

That's a cool idea too Jen'ari but definitely a different vein then the campaigns we're running here. I don't think that format is compatible with our versus campaigns. But I would love to see your finished idea and think it would make a cool casual play style. My group has done one similar but with the epics. Round one is a random epic and each doing an additional one is added. Round two, two more epics, round 3 three additional epics. You die fairly quick but lots of fun.

Also Maim I liked the 2nd one best as well. Still gives the element of surprise
DarthMaim
Posted: Monday, March 13, 2017 1:00:18 PM

Greetings Commanders!!!!!!!!!

The goal here is to start the next campaign on Tuesday, April 11, 2017. I will be leading the New Republic. However, no one has yet committed to leading the Imperials. It's still a month away, but it would be nice for me to start planning the war with another commander, as 2 people are better than 1, for this stage. Thanks!
DarthMaim
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 11:13:56 AM

Is anyone going to sign up for the campaign? The start date was going to be Tuesday, May 2, but no one has signed up yet.

Should we change the start date to Tuesday, June 6, 2017?