RegisterDonateLogin

One milk, two milk, red milk, Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

World Vassal Regional 2017 Pairings, Standings and Reporting Options
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 11:56:07 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

UrbanShmi defeats TimmerB123, 146-35 (2 point win).

We were both playing on Nightclub; Tim set up in the hallway on the right, I set up by the pits (uggie and Bothan in the room). Tim won the first init, but let me go first, and we both did our pre-round movement (Resolnare and Battle Ready). That moved most of my squad into gambit. After the pre-round movement, Tim was clustered near the corner of the room with Jango on the outside; I moved up with Vader, then twinned, managing to stick 30 to Jango (Tim forgot about his Bodyguards temporarily). Tim attacked a few times, but didn't manage to stick anything to Vader, but did kill my door control with a furious assault. He piled his guys in the room, and the rest of the game was more or less running from side to side with a few of my pieces while the rest held down gambit. In all fairness, I must admit that my save rolls were above average, and his attacks were well below average, which definitely played a role in how the game went. I managed to separate his Tactician with a force push from one of the Elites, and later killed it with another. After the Tactician was dead, I won three initiatives in a row toward the end of the game, which enabled me to surprise move and surprise attack with Vader on Jango, then finish off Fenn (who had taken some of Jango's damage) and the Protector with a double twin at 30 due to Hethrir. My Elite also had a nice leaping assault to help kill Kelborn. Vader took a beating, getting down to 40 HP, and one of my Reborns also eventually went down, but Hethrir and Desann remained largely untouched. Had we not run out of time, I would have continued to chase Jango down and would have been using my direct damage to finish him and Mandalore.

Congrats to Tim on a well played and uphill match. This was a tough squad for him because it counters his mobility and Bodyguard, although he did a really good job of making me use my attacks from Vader rather than my direct damage for most of the game.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 8:54:30 PM

DarkDracul over FlyingArrow
229-121 on Night Club
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, March 25, 2017 11:37:54 PM
Groups: Member

Bryan, you busted my bracket Tongue

Was Poe the difference in this one being able to shoot the scrubs out of the way evening up the activations?

Can't wait to read the play report on this one.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, March 26, 2017 5:29:39 AM

Poe helped because with his Accurate he could ignore the scrubs and go straight after Han/Chewie. But the bigger issues were my missed shots on Poe early and Bryan's great play late to take out Leia instead of going after Rey, who was about to attack.
Caedus
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 8:32:09 PM

Holy Cow!! I just played the Greatest game ever!!!!!

Caedus defeats Naarkon 204-198

We both had Jabba's Palace so when Naarkon "won" map I chose right side.

Round one was positioning and me serenitying up QGJ.

Round 2 and 3 Naarkon let a saber hang out to dry and QGJ and Ani disposed of him. he did however sneak up on R2 and got him before the end of the round which changed a few things for me.

Fourth and Fifth Round and we were into it Taalon attacked and killed shmi and put some damage on OBI. Ani went on a huge Strafe and killed the other Saber, his XT, wyylrock, put 60 on Bandon 30 on his Isolationist. I got back to my old rolling at the end of the strafe with a one on the last roll for the isolationist and a 2 and a 1 on the Krath witch.

Sixth Round he started to take back, killing Ani and Obi and putting some damage on QGJ. There were a couple of Ugnaught Fights but everything worked itself out.

Seventh and Final round I took out Bandon and the Witch, he took out Tarful and the Klat Captain. I had Mas, an Uggy and 90 hp on QGJ. he had 70 hp on Taalon.

It was a great game! Thank you Naarkon
Caedus
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2017 8:37:35 PM

Jason v Matt and Kyle v Craig are set up for tuesday night. Awesome job so far in Round one!!!
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 9:18:38 AM

Spry and I have rescheduled for Thursday.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:24:14 AM

Caedus wrote:
Jason v Matt and Kyle v Craig are set up for tuesday night. Awesome job so far in Round one!!!
/
We tried last night, but some stuff went down at work for Kyle, so we are trying again tonight. I swear I said that before when my wife was trying to get pregnant... So it was an awkward moment rereading what I just wrote...

So now I am considering erasing it, but thought what the heck, might as well leave it as is because surely no one else is thinking in that same context. but now that I have written the explanation everyone will think about how it fits.

But anyway, we are going to try to play a game of vassal tonight. I cannot pay Thursday so I think tonight is the only night we can.
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:30:25 AM

jen'ari wrote:
We tried last night, but some stuff went down at work for Kyle, so we are trying again tonight. I swear I said that before when my wife was trying to get pregnant...

That's really nice of Kyle to help you Tongue
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:01:01 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
We tried last night, but some stuff went down at work for Kyle, so we are trying again tonight. I swear I said that before when my wife was trying to get pregnant...

That's really nice of Kyle to help you Tongue
That is a good friend. (either one)
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 7:12:22 PM

well no game tonight Bored sorry Kyle man, I hope things settle down for you.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 3:35:40 PM

Just finished my game with Jason with the Vong winning 221-50. Played on Theed Palace. For Reinforcments I brought in the Seer, a Scout, and 2 of the Ossus bodyguard guys. Round 1 was positioning with the poor unfortunate Wookiee eating 10 damage from a razorbug.

Round 2 Saw the quick action as Mira destroyed a Lah Warrior, and then the poor Wookiee ate 40 from Blast Bugs. Jason then made his make or break move charging Embo in to attack the Subcommander who took 30 after a VCA save and then the bodyguard took the 2nd attack eating 20 after his VCA save. Morrigan charged in and shot at the Subcommander and missed both attacks essentially allowing my remaining 8 Blastbuggers to Kill both her and Embo.

Round 3 saw Mira Killing 4 guys and damaging one other before falling valiantly to another hail of blast bugs. After that it was a few Blast Bugs from 8 away and several twin attacks against Talon Karrde from the Lah Warriors and then Da'Gara got involved and landed a crit.

Round 4 saw Talon fall and Aves eating 4 more blast bugs. Thus ending a barn burner of a game.

3pt Win for Matt, No points for Jason.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:55:40 PM

Wow, those must have been some epically bad rolls for the Fringe. Morrigan missed both rolls? That would have been game over even if she hit one.

Spry - did you only have 1 bodyguard next to the subcommander?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 8:50:34 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Wow, those must have been some epically bad rolls for the Fringe. Morrigan missed both rolls? That would have been game over even if she hit one.

If both Bodyguards were there, the subcommander was well protected. 80hp of bodyguards plus his own 50hp plus VCA on all 3. Suppressive Fire wouldn't have killed the subcommander (you can still bodyguard the damage since it's an ability on an ally not on the character that is hit). But turning off Blast Bugs for the round would have been huge.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 7:52:35 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

If both Bodyguards were there, the subcommander was well protected. 80hp of bodyguards plus his own 50hp plus VCA on all 3. Suppressive Fire wouldn't have killed the subcommander (you can still bodyguard the damage since it's an ability on an ally not on the character that is hit). But turning off Blast Bugs for the round would have been huge.

Since you have to bring the subcommander out because of Aves, it should never be without both bodyguards and 1 if not 2 warriors in front of it.

Obviously you can't prevent Embo from getting to you, but there's really no time you should let a non-accurate shooter attack the subcommander.

I was just trying to wrap my head around how that could happen.

Regardless, very bad fringe dice saved the Vong. If the subcommander goes down it's game over.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 9:44:46 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Yes, it was the fact that BB didn't get turned off.
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, April 1, 2017 2:04:52 PM

Well first the bad news. Unfortunately, due to force outside of his control, Gannandorf aka Kyle will be dropping out of the tournament. Hopefully he can join us this year for other regionals. jen'ari will be awarded the victory. Good News is, for the rest of the tournament, there will be no more byes! I'm at work right now lady and gents, but I will have pairings up after 10pm!
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, April 1, 2017 3:21:01 PM

Sorry Kyle.
But the Legion of Doom gets is first 3 points
Caedus
Posted: Saturday, April 1, 2017 8:28:56 PM

New Pairings Up
Caedus
Posted: Monday, April 3, 2017 6:58:14 AM

Pairings were edited due to the App I am using not pairing the current one pointers together and the current zero pointers together. Sorry for any confusion