RegisterDonateLogin

Is supposed to know a power socket from a computer terminal.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

World Vassal Regional 2017 Pairings, Standings and Reporting Options
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:47:49 AM
Groups: Member

DarkDrakul defeats Caedus 232-47

Epic beatdown last night

Not a lot to say, I think I played my squad as best I could, but it seems I roll just as "well" in Vassal.

Round1 and 2 were positioning, Round 3 I tried to take out Finn, and Bryan was able to make the avoid defeat

Round Four had Anistap running an epic failure of a Strafe I attacked 5 of Bryan's Squad and only put 20 on Rey and 40 on Poe. After I took out BB8, Bryan was then able to take down Ani, R2, and Obi. It was pretty much downhill from that point on with Bryan out acting me. On the brightside for me, I was able to save a couple of plasma bolt saves. Bryan really plays this Squad well and it showed.

Congrats to Bryan. It really was a fun game and I had a great time.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 2:12:11 PM

Jason and I just had our game.

Lots of pre init moving stuff.

His Aves shut down my move three on the first phase (or any phase before Aves activated) Jam transmission was less useful since I had relay orders x4 for my board wide effects, but it made me think about placement a little more.

I made a foolish move and allowed him to lock Jango and Resurrector in the back room for a round. I also foolishly moved Fenn 4 away from Kelborn, thus not getting his resolnare. I also foolishly chose to go first and closed a door that kelborn had open. I should have protected Fenn with his subordinate. He sprinted in with Morrigan followed by Ebo to kill Fen before he did a single thing. Man I was playing bad.

I started to whittle down Embo. Got him down to 10hp at the end of the round when I furious assaulted Morrigan and Embo (she evaded). I then won the important init, and I flew Jango all the way down to where I could hit most of his squad. I rolled the 6 I needed to kill embo, and hit everything else I could see except missing the R7 on a 1. Then he went to work on Jango. I was counting on his nutty defense. It came through, but only because Jason rolled bad (though he did get a crit in there). His guys have high attack anyway, but the wookie missed when I needed it to. (afterward he hit his head thinking "why didn't I used backlash!?!"). Round finishes with Resurrector taking out the R7 and advancing with the tactician.

He wins init this time, but moves aves with Talon's CE, which allows me to resolnare my protector adjacent to Jango. He still has a shot by rushing the rookie in and hoping my protector fails the save on beskargam to give him cleave. I did not fail that roll.

Jango then flies over to do one last assault and go out in a blaze of glory. Kills the wookiee, gets Aves down to 10, Mira down to 10, and Morrigan evades yet again, still full health. I then kill Aves with my protector, and rush in to try and land 60 on Morrigan, and fail one. She attacks Kelborn back and gets a crit (ugh), but then misses. He's down to 30 hp. Talon comes out to play to kill Kelborn. Resurrector shoots long shots at morrigan and she finally fails a few evades, dying.

We start the next round and time is up like a minute later. We are tight in score, and he wins init. He goes in from his hidey hole with Mira to try and kill the tactician, but misses one. The tactician then comes down to shoot Talon (getting a crit), and a hit. Then full health Resurrector comes in to finish the job (barely doing it rolling a 1 and a 5).

He was left with an uggie and a 10hp Mira. I had 10hp tactician, full health resurrector and R7. He had 1 round of gambit, I had 2 including the final round.

Final score Mandos 189, Fringe 138.

We both made some bad moves. Me early on, him later. But his bad rolling was what it came down to ultimately.

Hopefully he can roll above a 6 when needed in the next match. (Vassal dice be blasteded!!!!)
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 11:46:29 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Jason and I just had our game.

Lots of pre init moving stuff.

His Aves shut down my move three on the first phase (or any phase before Aves activated) Jam transmission was less useful since I had relay orders x4 for my board wide effects, but it made me think about placement a little more.

I made a foolish move and allowed him to lock Jango and Resurrector in the back room for a round. I also foolishly moved Fenn 4 away from Kelborn, thus not getting his resolnare. I also foolishly chose to go first and closed a door that kelborn had open. I should have protected Fenn with his subordinate. He sprinted in with Morrigan followed by Ebo to kill Fen before he did a single thing. Man I was playing bad.

I started to whittle down Embo. Got him down to 10hp at the end of the round when I furious assaulted Morrigan and Embo (she evaded). I then won the important init, and I flew Jango all the way down to where I could hit most of his squad. I rolled the 6 I needed to kill embo, and hit everything else I could see except missing the R7 on a 1. Then he went to work on Jango. I was counting on his nutty defense. It came through, but only because Jason rolled bad (though he did get a crit in there). His guys have high attack anyway, but the wookie missed when I needed it to. (afterward he hit his head thinking "why didn't I used backlash!?!"). Round finishes with Resurrector taking out the R7 and advancing with the tactician.

He wins init this time, but moves aves with Talon's CE, which allows me to resolnare my protector adjacent to Jango. He still has a shot by rushing the rookie in and hoping my protector fails the save on beskargam to give him cleave. I did not fail that roll.

Jango then flies over to do one last assault and go out in a blaze of glory. Kills the wookiee, gets Aves down to 10, Mira down to 10, and Morrigan evades yet again, still full health. I then kill Aves with my protector, and rush in to try and land 60 on Morrigan, and fail one. She attacks Kelborn back and gets a crit (ugh), but then misses. He's down to 30 hp. Talon comes out to play to kill Kelborn. Resurrector shoots long shots at morrigan and she finally fails a few evades, dying.

We start the next round and time is up like a minute later. We are tight in score, and he wins init. He goes in from his hidey hole with Mira to try and kill the tactician, but misses one. The tactician then comes down to shoot Talon (getting a crit), and a hit. Then full health Resurrector comes in to finish the job (barely doing it rolling a 1 and a 5).

He was left with an uggie and a 10hp Mira. I had 10hp tactician, full health resurrector and R7. He had 1 round of gambit, I had 2 including the final round.

Final score Mandos 189, Fringe 138.

We both made some bad moves. Me early on, him later. But his bad rolling was what it came down to ultimately.

Hopefully he can roll above a 6 when needed in the next match. (Vassal dice be blasteded!!!!)

Maybe this is Karma making up for all those attacks that Joe missed on my hex droids. Boy I sure hope Joe un-fired some of those dice, or he may not have any left to roll the next time we play.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, April 8, 2017 8:00:34 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

FlyingArrow over Naarkon
240-87

Played on Nightclub

Round 1 was advancing. Krath Death Witch went into gambit (Naarkon was on the right). BB-8 went into gambit on the other side of the wall. Rey jumped forward with Rey's movement breaker and got a shot on Sarasu but missed it badly (29Def in cover). (Actually... that was a mistake. If Taalon was far enough away that he got the +4 Defense from the KDW, then he was far enough away for Stealth to kick in. Rey shouldn't have been able to take that one shot in the first place.)

Round 2, a Resistance Trooper took out the KDW, who was in gambit but no cover. Sarasu took out the trooper. Taalon then took a barrage of attacks from the Resistance squad, putting him all the way down to 20hp. Finn, Rey, and the two remaining troopers were all within 6 (Finn and Rey getting no-cover shots). Han and Chewie shot from the back but ignored Stealth with Accurate Shot. BB-8 ran around and zapped the XT-6.

Round 3, NR won init 3-1. Sarasu went down and the Sabers attacked Rey, who had some great Parry rolls, only missing one Parry out of 4. Finn and Rey and the troopers took out one Saber and whittled down the other. Meanwhile, Wyyrlock and the Iso came along the middle hallway to the Resistance Officer and Leia, who were sitting in gambit (oops). Force Lightning, Sith Spell, and an attack with Opp+20 put Leia down to 10hp (a crit would've killed her). I didn't see them coming, but fortunately for me, they attacked before Han and Chewie had activated, and Han and Chewie were able to take them out that same round. Bandon attacked BB-8.

Round 4, NR won init 4-2. Finn finished off the other Saber. (I'm pretty sure I won init all 3 rounds that mattered.) Bandon finished off BB-8 and then hid behind some ugnaughts in the middle hallway. The Rebel Trooper rolled an epic miss on an ugnaught, needing only a 3 to hit and rolling a 2. But the rest of the squad was able to shoot through the ugnaughts and then also take out Bandon.

(Some of these actions may be out of order. I'm doing this from memory.)

This matchup was really bad for the Sith to begin with. Then add a very shooter-friendly map. Then add bad rolls (e.g. Taalon only made 1 LS Defense save the whole game). That just made it worse. Their shooter defense is mainly Stealth, but the New Republic's two biggest attackers are Accurate shooters. There were a few things Sith could have done differently to increase the odds (keeping Taalon behind the Sabers, Taalon's movement breaker could have helped get an extra attack in, Exar near Rey to keep her parries in check), but it was going to take some lucky rolls to pull out the win no matter what.
Caedus
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 2:09:39 PM

Little over 48 hours left. Haven't heard anything from jen'ari or ultrastar. I believe Urbanshmi said her and spryguy were playing tuesday.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 2:18:59 PM

Caedus wrote:
Little over 48 hours left. Haven't heard anything from jen'ari or ultrastar. I believe Urbanshmi said her and spryguy were playing tuesday.

That's the plan as of now. Although I don't hold out much hope of victory.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:07:47 PM

Spryguy defeats Urbanshmi 207-29 on Nightclub

R1 Vader charged the Lah Warriors and Desann moved out into gambit, both were defeated by a fusillade of , Blast Bugs.

R2 the 2 Elite Reborns killed a Lah Warrior and 2 PV Scouts (one freebie) then both Elite's, Hethrir, and the Bothan all died to Blast Bugs. Quorreal gets gambit. Game finished.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 3:30:02 PM

So strange anyone dislikes blast bugs
UrbanShmi
Posted: Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:20:46 PM

It was a frustrating match-up for me, to be sure. But if I'd had more non-force-based scissors options, it could have been more balanced. I just happened to be playing a near auto-loss squad.

I mean, blast bugs aren't FUN (and the fact that just about everything in the squad could do it got really old). But I would have had similar problems with other Vong builds, too.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 6:29:31 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
It was a frustrating match-up for me, to be sure. But if I'd had more non-force-based scissors options, it could have been more balanced. I just happened to be playing a near auto-loss squad.

I mean, blast bugs aren't FUN (and the fact that just about everything in the squad could do it got really old). But I would have had similar problems with other Vong builds, too.

You might struggle against other Vong builds, but in no way would it be the same. You'd have a chance against other Vong builds, even if it's an uphill battle.
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:10:43 AM

Ok, so jen'ari had a real life emergency (everything is ok), however, he was forced to forfeit this weeks match-up. Ultrastar will be awarded the 3pt win. Pairings will be up soon.
Caedus
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 7:39:28 AM

Pairings are up!!!
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 8:01:25 AM

Pm incoming naarkon
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 2:44:31 PM

Shawn and are I scheduled bright and early on Tuesday.
Lou
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 2:08:35 AM

Standings?
Who plays this round?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 2:11:55 AM

Lou wrote:
Standings?
Who plays this round?

It's on the first page.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 5:14:03 PM

FYI - My point total is wrong.

I should have 2.

0pts in loss vs Laura (35pts)
2pts in win vs Jason (189pts)
Caedus
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2017 7:06:44 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
FYI - My point total is wrong.

I should have 2.

0pts in loss vs Laura (35pts)
2pts in win vs Jason (189pts)

Thank you and edited. Since matches have been scheduled and I do not want to push the round back a week, I am leaving the pairings as is. Sorry for any confusion. P.S. I am deleting the app I am using for the swiss rounds
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 8:20:15 AM

Played Shawn this morning.

Jango, Fenn and Resurrector vs Super Quigon, Juiced Ani-stap and baby Obi

Lots of stuff happened. Lots of shots, lots of evades. Eventually some damage stuck.

Mandos mobility was the key. They stayed mostly out of harms way until the end.

Obi went down early, Quiggy did some force pushes, and finally Ani got a strafe off near the end hitting 2 guys, Then Anakin went down.

Jango was fairly inept, missing an EXTRODINARY number of attacks, and most of the ones he made were evaded.

Finally it was Quigon vs the world and the mandos went to surround him in the last round. I was worried I wouldn't be able to finish him off. Shawn finally learned what Fenn's CE was as he attacked Kelborn and got 2 back in the face. Then he continued to attack Kelborn and got 2 more twins back. Then Fenn finished him off with his first of 4 attacks on his turn.

Resurrector runs out for a final gambit while Mas Amedda cries in the corner.

Final score:
TimmerB's Mandos - 212 (3pts)
Caedus' Jedi - 69 (0pts)

donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:27:09 AM

Did Qui-Gon run out of FPs? Push 4 is his work around as it's not an "attack".