RegisterDonateLogin

Impresses females of your species.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

World Vassal Regional 2017 Pairings, Standings and Reporting Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:30:31 AM
Groups: Member

donnyrides wrote:
Did Qui-Gon run out of FPs? Push 4 is his work around as it's not an "attack".

Used serenity twice during the game. By the end he still ran out of force points. He used knight speed several times

I stayed far enough away that he didn't really get a chance to get attacks in until the end.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:30:56 PM

Spry beats Arrow 204-186 on Nightclub

Very good game in which I made the mistake of not realizing Han could do 50 damage when I brought out the Subcommander to finish off Rey and if not for making my VCA save would've died. But I made the save. Chewie did end up getting the Subcommander but was down to 10HP and Quorreal was able to walk up to him and finish him off to push me over the top for score.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:39:59 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Not as close as the score makes it seem. Was lucky enough to get my map (Nightclub). No cover when he walks up to Blast Bug me, so whoever Blast Bugs quickly dies. But a relentless swarm of Mobile RazorBugs added enough damage to make up for it. I camped in gambit while he RazorBugged me. I shot what I could, but mostly Cloaked and also Mobile meant I didn't get that many shots without charging in. Charged in a couple times and took out a couple of guys, but mostly just attrition and it ended up with just Leia facing off against 2 bodyguards, a Zonoma, Quorreal, and Da'Gara. As you can see based on how much he had left, a big chunk of my points came from gambit.

A couple of plays that might have swung it for me.

First, I forgot about Razorbug and left a Resistance Trooper just hanging out as easy pickings... fortunately he made 6 of 7 razorbug saves in round 1, but he died quickly in round 2. At least it wasn't a Unique. At one point, he had the Subcommander without a bodyguard adjacent in his back ranks. Han was 1 square away from being able to reach the square to draw line of sight to shoot him. When Han did shoot him a little later, it was a save 10 crab armor save to stay alive, which he made. When BB-8 died, Chewie had a decent Retaliatory Barrage lined up: Zonoma, Domain Lah Warrior, and a bodyguard (but with AN so I couldn't have shot him anyway). Needed a 3 to hit the Lah Warrior and rolled a 2 (save 15 on armor for him to stay alive, so odds were in my favor to kill him). If that warrior died, maybe Chewie would've stayed alive long enough for a few more shots.

DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:24:18 PM

Darkdracul 3pt win (262) v.s TheUltrastar 1pt loss (180)

He won map (our map Rhen Var) He went west and I went east.
He wins init and moves up carefully, I get Finn into gambit.

He wins init. Father blows a door to gambit room. Vader Double Twins to kill Finn who makes Avoid Defeat saves. Cinn moves up cautiously. Chewie and Han and rest advance and BB-8 zaps Vader for 10. BigGrin

I win init but Vader Surprise Attacks Finn who fails Avoid Defeat and dies. Rey bases Vader who shiens it away but she Jedi Mind Tricks him and he is activated. Then an awesome move where the Father Levitates Han 12 squares to Cin who hits him for 60dam. Han is now +19 for 50 damage and rolls a 1, but his second attack hits. Resistance officer and Poe move to base Vader but both fail their attacks. Leia slingshots Chewie adjacent to Vader, he misses his first attack and Vader Shiens the second rolling a 20! Chewie takes 10 damage. BB-8 zaps Vader for 10.Tongue

He wins init and Cin kills Han. Poe’s attacks on Vader fail. Chewie attacks Vader but only one shot gets through.
Vader kills BB-8 and damages Chewie. Resistance Officer takes 10 from Shien.

He wins init and Vader kills Chewie. Poe and Resistance officer hit Vader who shiens it away and they each take 10 damage. Rey misses her fist attack then hits and Absorbs to do damage on Vader. Cin moves up and smacks Poe down to 30hp.

He wins init and Vader goes and kills both Poe and Resistance Officer. I’m down to Rey and Leia. Rey shoots Vader who fails and tries using Father’s Force but fails and takes damage. Then Rey rolls a CRIT!…Vader fails more and dies! Cin runs up to Brutal Strike Rey but rolls a 1 and only puts 20 on her.

He wins ini and Cin Brutal Strikes Rey down to 20hp. Then Rey doubles with Longshot and kills adjacent Cin. The Father activates and dies and Rey ends the round in gambit.

Super tough game against a great player. I wasn't expecting BB-8 and Rey to be the champions of this match!
theultrastar
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:19:47 PM

It was one of the most fun Minis games I have ever played. Vader wiped out almost that entire squad by himself. Vader tanked SOOOO much potential damage. BB8 zapping 20 from Vader made all the difference in the world in this game. Hope we get to play again in the playoffs.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:07:32 PM

Did Chewie miss everything on his Retaliatory Barrages? No mention of them. Chewie should have had 2 of them on Vader when Han and BB-8 died. Only needing a 6 to hit for 40dmg, and -4 to Vader's saves - so it's big swing one way or the other whether Chewie hits or misses. I guess they were misses because it looks like this adds up to all of Vader's HP:

BB-8 zaps (20dmg) + Chewie hit (40dmg) + Rey hit (30dmg) + Rey crit (50dmg)
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:11:34 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Did Chewie miss everything on his Retaliatory Barrages? No mention of them. Chewie should have had 2 of them on Vader when Han and BB-8 died. Only needing a 6 to hit for 40dmg, and -4 to Vader's saves - so it's big swing one way or the other whether Chewie hits or misses. I guess they were misses because it looks like this adds up to all of Vader's HP:

Vader's Duel prevents The barrage
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:21:19 PM

Caedus wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Vader's Duel prevents The barrage

Gotcha. Thanks.
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:56:21 PM

Yeah, that's why no mention of them. Lol
I slingshot chewie so he could double on Vader adjacent getting past RDE +2 and Soresu. Which meant no Barrages for Chewie. :(
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 9:09:40 PM

UrbanJedi defeats Naarkon 250-134

I win map and Naarkon sets up on the right in the small rooms. I set up on the left, Embo on the landing Pad, everyone else in the control room.

1st round is mostly positioning and blasting doors with embo running to gambit. (init 6-2 urban)

Rd 2 init (14-12 urban)
Some more maneuvering with Embo deep striking to take out Wyyrlock, and then Bandon missing (with rage), and then Mira and the Wookiee teaming up to take out a Saber. Aves moves up to get gambit

Rd 3 init (8-6 naarkon)
Aves moves up with "intuition" to get into the battle. Bandon Rages and misses 1 of 2 on Embo. Embo shoots Bandon in the face, Aves misses his shot, Naarkon moves up the isolationist and that plus the zap from the sith witch, take out Aves.
Wookiee eats an ugo, and then takes 50 from a saber. Later Mira takes out that saber. Morrigan goes in and biffs on the isolationist, and Karrde comes up to control gambit

Rd 4 init (6-2 urban)
Embo finishes off Bandon. Naarkon uses Sarasu's CE to move his isolationist up adjacent to Embo and obliterates him, then promptly dies to Morrigan. Sarasu in the meantime has finished off the wookiee, and an ugo comes to take his place.
Mira shoots, and gets 30 through. Karrde still holding gambit

Rd 5 init (13-2 urban)
Mira pounds in adjacent so she can git Sarasu, and gets 30 to stick (down to 70), Sarasu takes out Mira, an ugo comes in and hits getting 20 through the LS defense (down to 50). Morrigan takes out the Krath Witch and KArrde misses the ugo but mobiles back to hold gambit.

Rd 6 init (19-4 urban)
I miss with the ugo, Sarasu, takes out the ugo and the R7 so he can maybe get out. I bring Karrde down to put Sarasu in the bubble and miss, then morrigan biffs twice.

Rd 7 init (17-4 naarkon)
He comes out and does 20 to Morrigan, then Karrde shoots the uggie, and Morrigan shoots Sarasu in the face to end the game.

Well played, and if Naarkon had won a couple more inits, or had been able to kill embo faster (2 misses by bandon hurts as if they hit embo is dead), would have had a huge impact on the game.

Good luck Naarkon in your next round.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 10:14:30 PM

Prediction for next round pairing:

Spry vs Dracul
Ultrastar vs (winner of urbanshmi v jenari)
TimmerB123 vs Flyingarrow
Caedus vs Urbanjedi
Naarkon vs (loser of urbanshmi vs jenari)

Top 4 predictions-
(in no particular order)

Spry
Dracul
(Winner of Ultrastar vs urbanshmi/jenari)
(Winner of TimmerB123 vs Flyingarrow)

urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 11:25:01 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:

Spry vs Dracul
Caedus vs Urbanjedi

Top 4 predictions-
(in no particular order)

Spry
Dracul

If Jenari wins, he couldn't play bronson as they have already played. Bronson then should play Tim (as tim is 2-1 vs TJs 1-2) although Shawn is using a different pairing app so I guess we won't really know what it does until it does it.

TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 8:27:09 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Spry vs Dracul
Caedus vs Urbanjedi

Top 4 predictions-
(in no particular order)

Spry
Dracul

If Jenari wins, he couldn't play bronson as they have already played. Bronson then should play Tim (as tim is 2-1 vs TJs 1-2) although Shawn is using a different pairing app so I guess we won't really know what it does until it does it.

Doa'h - you're right. I missed that. You are right. If Jen'ari wins, it's me vs Bronson and TJ vs Craig. Otherwise it's Laura vs Bronson, me vs TJ
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:48:19 AM

Looks like this as we await Craig vs Laura:

---
Standings.

Matt S (3-0) 9 Pts
Bryan H (3-0) 9 Pts
Bronson McN (2-1) 7 Pts
Tim B (2-1) 5 Pts
TJ H (1-2) 5 Pts
Jason K (1-2) 4 Pts
Shawn B (1-2) 3 Pts
Stephen L (0-3) 2 Pts

Craig C (1-1) 3 Pts
Laura K (1-1) 2 Pts

---

A lot depends on who wins the last match and by what score.

Matt vs Bryan for sure

Shawn already played Stephen, so it should be:
Stephen vs loser of Craig v Laura
Shawn vs Jason (probably... possibly Laura if Laura beats Craig with a 2pt win)

Then these four paired somehow:
Bronson
Tim
TJ
winner of Craig v Laura (or possibly Jason in the last slot if Laura beats Craig with a 2pt win)

If Craig with 3pt win or 2pt win, Craig can't play Bronson so:
Bronson vs Tim
Craig vs TJ

If Laura with 3pt win, Laura can't play Tim so:
Bronson vs Tim or Laura (higher strength of schedule, I think)
TJ vs Tim or Laura (lower strength of schedule, I think)

If Laura with 2pt win, Laura ties Jason so:
Bronson vs Tim
TJ vs Jason or Laura (higher strength of schedule, I think... the other plays Shawn)

---

Top 4 will be Matt and Bryan for sure, and probably the winners of those last two matches listed above (assuming 3 pt wins). But... if Bronson loses, it's possible he could still wind up in the top 4 regardless of what others do. And if any winner (other than Bronson) gets only a 2 pt win, they risk going into a tiebreaker and missing the cut.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:01:44 PM

Laura beat Tim round 1 - no SoS - She is higher
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 7:49:21 AM

So when are the pairings official and we can start the new round?

(These pairings are not official, but . . . )
Quote:
Dracul vs Spry
Ultrastar vs urbanshmi
Caedus vs Urbanjedi
Naarkon vs jenari

urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 7:56:02 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:

Except with 3 people tied at 5 pts you throw out head to head since she didn't beat both

Plus shawn is using a different pairing app so it could pair any number of ways.

It will be Bronson Tim Laura tj getting paired in some manner with Tim and Laura not playing

Caedus
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 9:35:49 AM

Pairings will be out later tonight. sorry for the inconvenience.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 1:20:57 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Except with 3 people tied at 5 pts you throw out head to head since she didn't beat both

Plus shawn is using a different pairing app so it could pair any number of ways.

It will be Bronson Tim Laura tj getting paired in some manner with Tim and Laura not playing

Except you are 1-2, we are both 2-1.

There isn't a 3 way tie.

You get dropped, Laura and I are tied, she wins H2H

Bronson v Laura

Tim vs TJ
Caedus
Posted: Tuesday, April 25, 2017 1:27:44 AM

Pairings are up