RegisterDonateLogin

Official beverage of the Boonta Eve Classic.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 53 - Vong Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 1:43:02 PM
Groups: Member

Alright well I was torn from bringing back and finishing off the Rogue One theme before the new mini set comes out or playing something else close to my EU Legends heart. And I think creatively and challengingly that the latter would have more interesting results. So hate them or love them they are a part of our game and this week the contest is:
Design a new non-unique Yuuzhan Vong.

Rules

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, May 20th, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, May 22nd, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:28:44 PM

Ohhh I think i have it. I dont know much about the vong (didnt read the books) but I do have some of the comic books. Ill have to go back and read them.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:38:04 PM

blemelisk wrote:
Ohhh I think i have it. I dont know much about the vong (didnt read the books) but I do have some of the comic books. Ill have to go back and read them.

Nice! Those are great! And looking forward to see what you come up with
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:38:43 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27692/grafting-shaper

Initial idea looking for critique
SithBot
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:56:41 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27693/yuuzhan-vong-battle-tactician

FIRTS DRAFT might be a tiny bit much, please comment I do not know Vong that much.
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:12:24 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27694/implanter

currently deciding if it shouldn't be subject to commander affects.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 6:49:24 AM

... and it's not so much that I'm back as I sorta committed to playing in the regionals this year. Its three weeks away and since grades are due about then, I have to start thinking SWM's now while I have time ....

What to do, what to do .... can't make up my mind which ......

Peace Brigade Provocateur

I made this guy a year or so ago; I upped his cost a tad but he's still the same guy. Will die easy but in the right situation will do some serious damage.

or

Advosze Anarchist

A bomb throwing anarchist by any other name ....

... and no, neither is original, but if I toss out a new set or two this summer, I'm saving the really good ideas for That!

Which one? Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope!
donnyrides
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:02:34 AM

Here is mine
Yuuzhan Vong Hunter
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:16:45 AM

They are both excellent surf but I think I like your Provocateur more, if only
Just slightly. Solid work on both
saber1
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 7:33:02 AM

Yuuzhan Vong Stalker

I'll take a shot, why not?
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:01:02 AM

Thanks Donny but I was trying to fix it myself. Appreciate the thought ....BlooMilk
Kamikaze13
Posted: Friday, May 19, 2017 8:16:08 PM

surf_rider56
Posted: Saturday, May 20, 2017 9:34:10 AM

well, before we vote I guess I need to pick one piece. Just to be weird, since I always go with the cheaper piece This once I'll go for the more expensive one ....

This is mine this week ....

This is it, even if I do like the Anarchist ....
SithBot
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 11:53:29 AM

1. General Grievous
2. Saber 1
3. donnyrides
saber1
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 1:57:32 PM

GG: This is a cool, thematic and fun way to add healing to YV. Graft can use a minor tweak but it is pretty darn good and intriguing as is.

SithBot: This is a solid initiative modifier piece. Battle Orders is a cool way to activate enemies and combined with Nom’s bombing it should prove potent.

blemelisk: Solid filler piece. With the proper support to help with aim, Surge Coral can really mess with critical enemy pieces.

donnyrides: The most expensive entry this week but the stats and abilities look to be worth it. Elite Unit is a cool idea.

Kamikaze13: Really cool idea. I really dig the ability to grant EoP to any ally, though it may need a limitation. This one needs playtesting to ferret out any abusive combos but at 29 points it may prove good to go.

surf: A solid filler. Nice movement hate. Not much offensively on its own but rocks the support role.

THIRD: Grafting Shaper (GG) – Your unique and thematic approach to bringing healing to the faction really caught my attention.
SECOND: Yuuzhan Vong Battle Tactician (SB) – Battle Orders makes this piece quite interesting when combined with Self Destruct characters.
FIRST: Embrace of Pain (K13) – I really like the thematic nature of this piece, plus the enticing possibilities of doling out EoP.
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 3:18:20 PM

Really solid entries covering a wide range of angles and great brain-storming and creativity all around. This week I wanted to dig deep and see what kind of fleshing out we could come up with for the Vong faction and you guys did not disappoint. That being said to pick top three I'm focusing on who created something entirely new and out there for the Vong. My choices:

3rd Kam, Embrace of Pain still feels like it should be Vong only to me to prevent potential fringe abuse especially when your negative for the ability is not being able to use crab armor, but you also created an actually good emplacement non-unique, that is super thematically appropriate, and worth bringing.
2nd Sithbot, a great new commander-style piece filling a needed void for the Yuuzhan Vong and making for a great cheaper Commander.
1st Surf, simplicity, theme, useful tech, and Peace Brigade to boot (those poor guys need some more sub-faction love), for all that your piece takes the top spot.

Great work guys!
blemelisk
Posted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 3:53:20 PM

1st: GG with the Grafting Shaper. Adds something that the Vong really havent had (healing) in a VERY vong manner.
2nd: Donnyrides with the Vong Hunter. I LOVE the Elite Unit ability and will likely use it in the future for other customs. I feel that any faction could have a very solid power character and it NOT have to be Unique.
3rd: saber1 with the Stalker: The ability choices etc are spot on for what I would envision a vong stalker to be.
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 6:02:14 AM

1st sithbot
2nd saber1
3rd surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 3:10:15 PM

Anyone else planning to vote before timeline ends?
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 3:20:10 PM

I didn't participate this week but here;s my votes
1. GG
2. Sithbot
3. Kam