RegisterDonateLogin

More cost effective than Chewbacca, Rebel Hero.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 56 sub/faction Options
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 5, 2017 7:25:52 PM
Groups: Member

Create a piece from an under represented subfaction, or perhaps a missing faction. I.E. Rakata/Kwa pre republic (read Infinite Empire), Je'daii, Zann Consortium, Jensaarai, Corporate Sector, Ssi-Ruuvi, Tapani Sector (Imperial, but subfaction noble houses), Yevetha, or anything else we havent listed. This contest is to flesh out in a small way an existing subfaction, or maybe even spark the idea of a new faction/sub faction within the game. (Points for sticking to the in universe representation of the faction/sub faction, as well as the draw of filling out the sub faction or creating an entire new faction.)

Rule 1 can be bent a small bit, considering the faction may not exist in game.

Rules

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, June 10, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, June 12, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.

It helps if I put down the correct week number. Wow...if this is accurate btw, this will complete one full year of these contests. ThumpUp
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 5, 2017 8:11:06 PM

Sorry. Went to the airport to drop a daughter in law/grandkids off; couldn't get back in time.

Hmmmm. I may actually have tp pass on this one. I've got several hundred cards from legitimate sub-factions to pick from. Hey GG, how bout You pick what I should make; you've seen my customs thread more than anyone else here in this group (unless CC is lurking?)

Finals are next week and I need something to take my mind off the tedium during lunch. Go for it GG!
SithBot
Posted: Monday, June 5, 2017 8:14:50 PM

hmm... difficult

would Chiss be considered under represented? if so... dibs
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 5, 2017 8:34:40 PM

SithBot wrote:
hmm... difficult

would Chiss be considered under represented? if so... dibs

I got the feeling the contest is about some species that's either non-existant or has 1-2 only.

Chiss have 9 member; 3 uniques (Thrawn x2, Sev'Rance) plus 6 nonuniques (five named Chiss.)

Not my call but I'd imagine Chiss are not what the Big Guys are asking for ....
SithBot
Posted: Monday, June 5, 2017 8:37:44 PM

9 members? geez i will have to see them..
9 is too much. I will go with something else.

I am a fan of Renegade and a fan of Morgukai and a fan of sith assault droids
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 5, 2017 8:52:50 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Sorry. Went to the airport to drop a daughter in law/grandkids off; couldn't get back in time.

Hmmmm. I may actually have tp pass on this one. I've got several hundred cards from legitimate sub-factions to pick from. Hey GG, how bout You pick what I should make; you've seen my customs thread more than anyone else here in this group (unless CC is lurking?)

Finals are next week and I need something to take my mind off the tedium during lunch. Go for it GG!

Man you have so many cool sub-factions. I honestly think you should do the Infinite Rakatan Empire or the Je'daii as they have 0 representation and you have done so many good ones there.

As for me my first attempt to try and flesh out the Zann Consortium a bit:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27884/ig-88b
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 5, 2017 9:10:49 PM

Our idea behind this CCC is more about groups/factions/subfactions etc more so than just species that may or may not be represented in the game. Though the Ssi-Ruuvi would actually be both a faction/species that isnt currently in the game. Other groups might be: Organization for Organic Purity, Mechanical Liberation Front, or Coalition of Automaton Rights Activists.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Coalition_of_Automaton_Rights_Activists

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mechanical_Liberation_Front

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corporate_Sector/Legends

Just throwing this out there to maybe help spark some ideas BigGrin
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 6:29:15 AM

I always liked the Selkath, which lack any kind of representation so I will take this opportunity to submit:

Order of Shasa Acolyte

Edit: I'm assuming the Order of Shasa would classify as a subfaction based on others on the list
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 6:57:35 AM

blemelisk wrote:
Our idea behind this CCC is more about groups/factions/subfactions etc more so than just species that may or may not be represented in the game. Though the Ssi-Ruuvi would actually be both a faction/species that isnt currently in the game.

I'm assuming as sub-factions, something like

Black Sun
Cantina
Chiss Ascendancy
Czerka
Fringer
Hutt Cartel
Infinite Empire
Jawa
Nar Shadden
Outer Rim
Pirate
Shadowport
Spacer
Tatooine
The Exchange
Tusken
Undercity
Zann Consortium

The Ssi-Ruuvi are like the Killik, which I consider one trick ponies (one story/arc and that's it. CorSec is an interesting name but not much in the way of personality.

There's LOTS of no/under represented species; do we really want to go there, or stick to sub-factions? I'm just trying to get a handle on what you really want .....

PS - Don't get into the droids or Kobayashi will jump in feet first and give us a 50 page thesis on why we should only do droids Wink
Kamikaze13
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 10:31:00 AM

blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 12:29:55 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
blemelisk wrote:
Our idea behind this CCC is more about groups/factions/subfactions etc more so than just species that may or may not be represented in the game. Though the Ssi-Ruuvi would actually be both a faction/species that isnt currently in the game.

I'm assuming as sub-factions, something like

The Ssi-Ruuvi are like the Killik, which I consider one trick ponies (one story/arc and that's it. CorSec is an interesting name but not much in the way of personality.

There's LOTS of no/under represented species; do we really want to go there, or stick to sub-factions? I'm just trying to get a handle on what you really want .....

PS - Don't get into the droids or Kobayashi will jump in feet first and give us a 50 page thesis on why we should only do droids Wink

Black Sun- sure why not?

Cantina-this isnt a faction or subfaction as I know it, this is just those that were seen in the Cantina? this to me, is just fringe

Chiss Ascendancy- certainly, def is a sub faction

Czerka-of course and to me, similar to the Corp Sec since we have a least 25+ sources regarding the Corp Sector, as far as I can tell, roughly the same amount as we have for the Czerka?

Fringer-isnt this just a catch all bucket that the char might alligne to any of the other factions, or possibly just go out on its own?

Hutt Cartel-most certainly

Infinite Empire- most certainly

Jawa-if you would like to create some kind of subfaction (fringe) for them, maybe?

Nar Shadden-Nar Shaddaa? This is just a planet where The Hutt Cartel, and other fringers would be. maybe you could create a spicers guild? Spacers guild, bounty hunters guild etc?

Outer Rim-again like Nar Shaddaa but in this case it is just a region, non unified by anything

Pirate- more pirates as a subfaction, def, could even have a counter part of privateers

Shadowport-similar to outerrim, Nar Shaddaa. THough if you have one port in particular that youd like to subfaction, why not? ThumpUp

Spacer-maybe a spacers' guild? I could def see that!

Tatooine-like Nar Shaddaa

The Exchange- most def, it is a subfaction that could def be created!

Tusken-Tribes subfactions....maybe?

Undercity-Outsider subfaction from the Undercity? why not!

Zann Consortium- of course!

You are spot on about the Ssi-Ruuvi, not a lot to go on, but they would end up being their own faction but we have no way to really flesh them out. They would likely fill up maybe what? 10 pieces as the most?

Corporate Sector has as many sources as the Czerka, and from what I have read is a lot like a dystopian corporation ruled region where there is no law but the profit of the corporations, which each corporation competing with each other for profits, worlds, prestige and for sheer spite. In other words, very similar to the Hutt Cartels/Zann etc, but with the legal access to military arms, HUGE amounts of credits (basically bottomless purses) and legally recognized governance of worlds.

Others are subfactions within major factions, such as the noble houses in the Empire. There are details for each house in the Tapani Sector campaign books, as well as on wookiepedia. Perhaps the Hapans? As I would consider them a subfaction with their own autonomy and government etc.

surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 1:35:41 PM

I think you blow off things like Outer Rim, Spacer, even Fringer, too easily, as each are technically sub-factions because they come from a Particular group of Fringe characters and would see themselves as a "separate" group or even ... gang. You think a Nar Shaddan would want to be identified as some poodoo from Coruscant??

PS - made 3 Ssi-Ruuvi a few years back and a half dozen Hapans. If I can find a "clean" pick of a Star Wars character, I can make a card of it ... and ten years (god help me) of surfing/finding/making cards I got almost anything you can think of .... almost Scared
saber1
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2017 1:48:53 PM

Saarai-kaar

I've always thought the Jensaarai were an interesting group but poorly represented in our game. Here's their leader to bring some support.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:31:31 PM

surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, June 8, 2017 6:35:29 AM

End of the Year Projects before Finals .... yuck ... moving on to something more amusing ....

So, I've done most sub-factions to death, either that or they're boring and I'm just not that interested. About a year or two ago I started looking for species or groups that had No representation in the game (I suspect the RPG'ers love my customs) and wound up with a bakers dozen Rakatan, Exchange, Zann, etc (I've made up a dozen Selkath too LB.)

One of my backburner cards was a Je'daii I hadn't gotten around to (and yes I even have 5-6 of them.)
So I thought to flesh him out and here he is. I hate uniques (duh) and yet he's also the only Je'daii Master I've made ...... way more powerful than I normally make any 2-3 cards combined ...

Not much info so I extrapolated a lot. He is what he is ....

However, being who I am, a non-unique guy, I couldn't let go of this guy. He's, as far as I know, the only Kwa character ever done by anybody (and pretty much the only pic I've ever seen) .... so I'm on the fence on who I should use ... made this guy about mid 2015 or so ....

Again, not much to go on, total extrapolation on my part ....

I'll figure out who unless you guys have a preference .... sorta ....

Regionals this Saturday, what to do, what to do ......
Lord_Ball
Posted: Thursday, June 8, 2017 6:43:53 AM

I'd say go with Quan, but that's because he fits the idea of subfaction better than the Kwa in my opinion.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2017 3:09:05 AM

@surf re post #9 of this thread;
haha BigGrin
see, it's already so well known, it speaks for itself.

|abridged from 80 000 word dissertation DCA thesis|
there are probably a few 'under-represented Droid-ish' aliens and all,
notably the Luxum, Illum and "Ironknights", not to mention "Whills-possessed droids" etc.

@all
voting time,
this week is a tricky one.
This week sees a return to the more exploratory and experimental form, and some interesting approaches were taken.

I have to vote:
1. Saber1's Jensaarai. This makes them more viable, as a playable themed 'grey jedi' squad.
2. Surf's Kwa Nomad. This goes well with the Bounders (from Dark Forces) and non-unique force user themed factions.
I can complete a "Force XMen" squad.
3. Kamikaze13's Genoharadan Recruiter. This makes one of my favorite TOR/KOTOR factions much more deadly. Take that, mandofandalorians!
Kamikaze13
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2017 11:46:59 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:
I have to vote:
1. Saber1's Jensaarai. This makes them more viable, as a playable themed 'grey jedi' squad.
2. Surf's Kwa Nomad. This goes well with the Bounders (from Dark Forces) and non-unique force user themed factions.
I can complete a "Force XMen" squad.
3. Kamikaze13's Genoharadan Recruiter. This makes one of my favorite TOR/KOTOR factions much more deadly. Take that, mandofandalorians!

Well thank you for the vote but people can still enter/change pieces until tomorrow night, so you might want to wait till then. Smile
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2017 3:16:48 PM

... and speaking of voting, I guess since I have to choose, I'll roll with the Je'daii. I've made 2 more since I made him .... Regionals tomorrow ....ugh, I'm not ready .....
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, June 9, 2017 3:55:42 PM

You'll do awesome Surf! And nice I liked your Je'daii best. But both super cool