RegisterDonateLogin

Is your father.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 57 - A Huge Boost Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 11:14:34 AM
Groups: Member

Sorry, been grading, back to something else … Contest - “help all Separatist Huge’s be competitive.” In order of their submission …..

Blem - Verpine Master Droid Technician.
I like the concept of nano-droids. My only problem is that thematically, while it helps droids with the nano’s, it really doesn’t do much fore Huges, which is the theme of this weeks contest.

Repair 30, no problem with it, but Rapport? Costing 2 less isn’t much of a boost and wouldn’t auto entice me to use a Huge. Regarding the CE, Speed 8, nice, but Flight? Homing Spider already has it, Droid Starfighter Would have it except its specifically in “Walking Mode” and frankly I find it hard t see the other Huges actually flying. Halfire, Crabs, Tanks probably shouldn’t fly. It helps droids immensely, but Huges not realistically.

GG - Kraken - 5 points less? Check. Huge “reinforcements, only the Hoing Spider qualifies (using the -5 on costs. Prideful is interesting. CE could be tricky if you’re going against a higher activation squad. It may/may not come into play in time.

donny - Multi-Troop Transport - Fascinating idea and almost a scenario in itself, but as you said yourself, the Transport itself is a huge but doesn’t help other huges. “Help all Sep Huges” isn’t covered …..

Spry - Colicoid Droid Technician. Droid Mobility? Very Nice. Synergy, good, CE ditto. I costed it closer to 20 but otherwise, nice.

LB - Droid Control Pod - Artillary seems interesting and I say why not as an ability. My only concern as such would be the CE giving Strafe. Imagining Huges moving like that is tough and frankly they don’t “move” far enough to make it worthwhile.

jen’ari - Separatist Artillery Technician. It follows all the rules but somehow it makes me uncomfortable. Giving Molecular and Overload to a character practically on top of gambit just doesn’t seem sporting as such.

saber - Droid Army Battle Coordinator. That’s a Lot going on and a “Large” base isn’t going to decrease cost. Critical Unit will decrease it a point or two but the other five abilities, all except Damage Reduction, are rather pricey and adding in a CE doing two healthy add-ons isn’t cheap either. Cost is closer to 32-34 … and you’re right, costing too much isn’t going to help; you’re trying to steal a CE, give out extra attacks to several pieces at different times, stop being disrupted, give out an extra layer of D and Advanced Shields at the same time … that’s a Lot ….

Kamikaze - Techno Union Production Manager. Still trying to understand Cumm. Rapport. Lets use the Hailfire as an example. First is 36, but if I buy 3 more their cost is 20 (Four doids x 4 = minus 16 cost?) Somehow its still a lil too much; still higher than half the cost but cheap for Accurate, Missles 40, wheeled and if they get Twin?? Nice idea but just a hair too much. A straight 5 less per character would have been simpler.

3rd Place - LB

2nd Place - GG

1st - Spry
blemelisk
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 11:31:36 AM

This week was a bit hard to choose.

1: GG You are really paying for it, but it really does beef up those Huge pieces
2: spryguy another piece that really helps the huge ones.
3: jen'ari another piece that boosts huge pieces.

While working on this CCC I came up with some new abilities spec for huge pieces (that are thematic to Seps, but could be adapted for non Sep factions):

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/SpecialAbility/23296/combined-arms (numbers could change, but this is a very logical ability that the huge and non huge pieces would have.)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/SpecialAbility/23295/droid-production-efficiency (inspired by the point cost reductions of some of your pieces, I came up with this, note the % and the rounding up/down could be changed)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/SpecialAbility/23291/coordinated-gunnery-dynamics (another inspired ability but would go well with my CCC creation this week as it gives out gunner)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/SpecialAbility/23254/nano-droids (yall already know, and this could be adapted to organics)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/SpecialAbility/23257/master-droid-technician (yall already know, and again could be adapted to organics)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/SpecialAbility/23260/affinity-droids (was removed from my character. but i could see a character having this for one of the "droid rights" movement pieces from the EU.)

Left off my Rapport as it isnt very unique. I genuinely hope that these abilities have helped inspire you and what and how Huge pieces can be relevant in the game. ThumpUp
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 1:18:49 PM

Another brutily hard weak for me to choose, everyone really brought out some great abilities here. So I'll do individual thoughts before posting my vote:

Blemisk- absolutely love the nano droids boost and cool CE!

Donny you built an incredible Huge that would win a contest of huge design just as it is, also combing sep huges with sep reinforcements definitely fits my favorite. But doesn't really do anything for other huges unfortunately.

Spry you made a simple elegant boost to huges and clearly we are on the same page with the CE, it doesn't get around Bastilla/disruptive though which is one of the huge's major issues

LB, turning sep huges into strafers is an interesting idea as well as the cool artillery idea, still may need to have a final wording tweak to make it as clear as can be but it's awesome and thematic to lob missiles in.

Jen'ari, fantastic simple boost that really helps against shooters and overload greatly boosts the droids. Curious to see what overload and dual weapon use would like though.

Surf, another simple build, reducing their cost by 10, combined with Tann's rapport of 10 I think would probably be enough to get huges on the table (16 point Hailfires, heck yes) only thing I may have done is given out damage reduction 10 along with your missiles instead of mounted weapon as it would fit more with Tann's abilities. All in all though great simple boost and targeting makes a ton of sense too

Saber1, man such an offensive boost, great work here making huges competitive and I really believe
Coordinated Fusillade NEEDS to be in the game. Only concern is the card is pretty wordy as is and it also helps out all droids more than just specifically huges (I would run this guy with BXs). But great job on the boost

Kam, great simple fix here on dropping the cost, so simple it's really rather ingenious.

Very difficult to choose so in the end I went with the best simplest boosts to Huges.

1st Surf (that major cost reduction is just too good)
2nd Jen'ari (amazing boosts offensively and defensively)
3rd Lord Ball (epic artillery support changes the huge role to a cool fire support mission style piece)
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 1:23:32 PM

1. Jen'ari
2. Surf
3. Saber1
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, June 18, 2017 6:20:25 PM

donny & Kam left in a tight race ......
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 5:30:20 AM

1st Jen'ari
2nd Spryguy
3rd Saber1
Kamikaze13
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 11:22:09 AM

1st: blemelisk

2nd: spryguy1981

3rd: General_Grievous

surf_rider56 wrote:
Kamikaze - Techno Union Production Manager. Still trying to understand Cum Rapport. Lets use the Hailfire as an example. First is 36, but if I buy 3 more their cost is 20 (Four doids x 4 = minus 16 cost?)

Yup, that's how it supposed to work. It might be too much. But did you have to shorten the rapport to that? LOL
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 11:48:04 AM

Kamikaze13 wrote:

surf_rider56 wrote:
Kamikaze - Techno Union Production Manager. Still trying to understand Cum Rapport. Lets use the Hailfire as an example. First is 36, but if I buy 3 more their cost is 20 (Four doids x 4 = minus 16 cost?)

Yup, that's how it supposed to work. It might be too much. But did you have to shorten the rapport to that? LOL

no kidding! Tongue
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 12:06:33 PM

blemelisk wrote:
Kamikaze13 wrote:

surf_rider56 wrote:

no kidding! Tongue

I am surrounded by dirty minded children ...... RollEyes
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 12:46:30 PM

Another close one everyone, if my numbers aren't off, it looks like Jen'ari's straight forward approach to huges takes the cake with Spry and I dead-locked in a tie for second. Everyone did awesome though!
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 12:59:19 PM

Is it too late for a last minute entry?

The only thing that can help huges!!

Flapper ThumbsUp
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 3:58:51 PM

donnyrides wrote:
Is it too late for a last minute entry?

The only thing that can help huges!!

Flapper ThumbsUp

That piece would have won, how come you didnt submit it? Laugh
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 5:45:57 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

LB - Droid Control Pod - Artillary seems interesting and I say why not as an ability. My only concern as such would be the CE giving Strafe. Imagining Huges moving like that is tough and frankly they don’t “move” far enough to make it worthwhile.

Now that the contest is over (congrats to the winner). The CE was mostly just there to address an oversight from creation, and give them another option on some maps. I mean they are HUGE they should be able to "run" other characters over.