Lets the Wookiee win.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

OP Squads Right now Options
CorellianComedian
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:04:40 PM
Groups: Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

jen'ari, that awas awesome LOL

However, as I have said before, Imps can get Stormtroopers up to that level of attack. The defense is so that he does not get owned by OP lemmings. It is unfortunate that legitly good shooters like Han GH can't hit him, but it's better than your 56-point low-act squad-base getting eaten in one round by Super Troopers.

And do people play Dash without support? +10 is pretty low for reliable damage output.
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:06:13 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Han Solo, Galactic Hero here, Dash I need you to come with me on a mission to kill Jango Fett, since we both have evade we will be fine, besides, I can disrupt any outside supprt

but wait.. I will need a standard 13 to hit him and you will need a 17 to hit him. I have 90 life and you have 60, he has 130 and beskar'gam 6 which will soak up 20 damage from every 3 shots we hit him with.
We have Evade, but he can move 12 to get adjacent and will always hit us.
he has a 17 attack and will need a 2 to hit you and a 2 to hit me....

hmm. well we better call Chewbacca for some support.

I get what you're saying, but it sounds like choosing Han and Dash for the mission is a bad idea. Also your rolls would have to be my kind of bad all the time. Jango won't always be in cover, he always won't be activated. How about Talon K and Morrigan C. Sure if Jango is activated and in cover she would need a 16 to hit, but she can also run 12 and fire and Jango can't do thing One to stop it. If Jango is un-activated, she can hit on 9 and he can't stop it or reduce it. I like the Character, he wasn't over powering in my match against him. He was actually kinda neat to see in action.
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 3:01:15 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Han Solo, Galactic Hero here, Dash I need you to come with me on a mission to kill Jango Fett, since we both have evade we will be fine, besides, I can disrupt any outside supprt

but wait.. I will need a standard 13 to hit him and you will need a 17 to hit him. I have 90 life and you have 60, he has 130 and beskar'gam 6 which will soak up 20 damage from every 3 shots we hit him with.

Dash has 70 hp Flapper
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 7:10:10 PM

Caedus wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

I get what you're saying, but it sounds like choosing Han and Dash for the mission is a bad idea. Also your rolls would have to be my kind of bad all the time. Jango won't always be in cover, he always won't be activated. How about Talon K and Morrigan C. Sure if Jango is activated and in cover she would need a 16 to hit, but she can also run 12 and fire and Jango can't do thing One to stop it. If Jango is un-activated, she can hit on 9 and he can't stop it or reduce it. I like the Character, he wasn't over powering in my match against him. He was actually kinda neat to see in action.

Your absolutely right! It takes a character with an absolutely stupid ability to get past his absolutely stupid defense... Point taken.

So is your answer to anything thats ridiculous going to be create something MORE ridiculous so it can get past him? Because thats what happened for Set 6... And how exactly did that go for the community?

Jango's defense is stupid. BUT, I have played against him twice. And I was never really concerned about him. His damage output is really to low for me... BUT, then again, I don't run swarms, so I couldn't say his effectiveness against them. Other than the Vong, who from what I hear have 7 point pieces who can do unpreventable 20 damage from 8 squares away. He might be good against swarms.

BBBUUUUTTTTTT......... In the future, he will become a piece every designer will have to look at. He becomes more of a designers problem, than an actual gaming problem. Which, sadly, seems to be more of a concern by the community than by designers. Seriously, do no designers think they will have to be careful when designing for the Mandos in the future?
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:29:12 PM

shmi15 wrote:
Caedus wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

Your absolutely right! It takes a character with an absolutely stupid ability to get past his absolutely stupid defense... Point taken.

So is your answer to anything thats ridiculous going to be create something MORE ridiculous so it can get past him? Because thats what happened for Set 6... And how exactly did that go for the community?

Jango's defense is stupid. BUT, I have played against him twice. And I was never really concerned about him. His damage output is really to low for me... BUT, then again, I don't run swarms, so I couldn't say his effectiveness against them. Other than the Vong, who from what I hear have 7 point pieces who can do unpreventable 20 damage from 8 squares away. He might be good against swarms.

BBBUUUUTTTTTT......... In the future, he will become a piece every designer will have to look at. He becomes more of a designers problem, than an actual gaming problem. Which, sadly, seems to be more of a concern by the community than by designers. Seriously, do no designers think they will have to be careful when designing for the Mandos in the future?

Of course designers will have to take Jangalore into account in the future. Just like we have to take Kelborn, MAndalore the Vindicated, Mandalorian scouts, Mandalore the Lesser (potentially lets them be Sith), etc into account when designing.
juice man
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 6:04:30 AM

It occurred to me, after reading Jasons post, OP squads are any squad Jason runs in regionals. Flapper
shmi15
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 6:20:05 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Caedus wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

Of course designers will have to take Jangalore into account in the future. Just like we have to take Kelborn, MAndalore the Vindicated, Mandalorian scouts, Mandalore the Lesser (potentially lets them be Sith), etc into account when designing.

So your telling me you think Jango is comparable to a Mando Scout? and Mando the lesser? Please tell me yes. And that you weren't just dodging the question with a bogus answer.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 6:27:10 AM

Actually - (relatively) cheap non-uniques (scouts) are much more of a concern to deal with in future design than expensive uniques.
shmi15
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 6:42:09 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Actually - (relatively) cheap non-uniques (scouts) are much more of a concern to deal with in future design than expensive uniques.

Oh, you mean pieces like these?

Admiral Daala
Panaka of Theed
The Neo-Crusader
Poggle the Lesser
Zygerian Slaver
The Vong Faction IN general
Talon Karde, Information Broker

* Edit*
Imp Stormtrooper Commander
The Bespin Guy
The Independant outfit Guy

Thank God we only had to put up with the full force of some of these characters briefly. But I guess I'm just confused when you say designing around cheap non uniques is more of a concern... Yet, more, and more, and more stuff comes out for Non Uniques?

TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 6:53:02 AM

shmi15 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Admiral Daala
Panaka of Theed
The Neo-Crusader
Poggle the Lesser
Zygerian Slaver

* Edit*
The Bespin Guy

Thank God we only had to put up with the full force of some of these characters briefly. But I guess I'm just confused when you say designing around cheap non uniques is more of a concern... Yet, more, and more, and more stuff comes out for Non Uniques?

I think you just proved that non-uniques are the problem, not high cost uniques.

And I agree!
shmi15
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 7:11:07 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

Admiral Daala
Panaka of Theed
The Neo-Crusader
Poggle the Lesser
Zygerian Slaver

* Edit*
The Bespin Guy

I think you just proved that non-uniques are the problem, not high cost uniques.

And I agree!

We both agree on that... I have been saying this for years, and today, June 30, 2017, you have finally agreed!
BlooMilk BlooMilk

But... Its ignorance to say you don't have to look at the big Uniques when designing. Jango Fits a very very strong Function, as either an equalizer early, or a clean up late if you want to use his CE to its fullest. So every piece that fits another function, has to be seen with him. It takes away the Sub 30 point pieces that are usually under costed, rightfully so in my opinion, because now you have a triple, accurate shooting, Furious Assaulting, Mega Tank... As a shooter. Can we agree on that then also? That this one piece, Jango, will indeed warp designs in the fututre for Mandos, and make some ideas less attractive? Knowing he is out there? Heaven forbids someone run the Seargent with him, and give him Parry to combat Melee people... Because that would just about ruin most melee pieces in the game... Except of course if they are using a crutch piece like Darth Bane. Who they just swing away with, and overwhelming Force because people can't position pieces. ( Thats a topic for another thread tho ThumbsUp )
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 7:32:26 AM

I've always agreed with the fact that non uniques are where the real problem lies. I think you might be confusing me with someone else.

I also agree it would be ignorant to say that you didn't have to worry about high cost uniques. I just tend to think they are far less of a problem than low-cost non-uniques

shmi15
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 7:44:24 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
I've always agreed with the fact that non uniques are where the real problem lies. I think you might be confusing me with someone else.

I also agree it would be ignorant to say that you didn't have to worry about high cost uniques. I just tend to think they are far less of a problem than low-cost non-uniques

EDDITED. I removed this post due to thread jacking, and in case anyone took it as a personal attack
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 9:22:59 AM

shmi15 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

EDDITED. I removed this post due to thread jacking, and in case anyone took it as a personal attack

Guess I missed it
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 10:33:21 AM

shmi15 wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Caedus wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

So your telling me you think Jango is comparable to a Mando Scout? and Mando the lesser? Please tell me yes. And that you weren't just dodging the question with a bogus answer.

I certainly wasn't dodging the question. At least when I design (or PT), I try and look at as many possibilities as I can. I want to see what boosts it can get and how it fits in squads (not only the ones we think of as normal, but also weird squads).

So yeah, when I design a mando piece, I look at all the options. I look at how said piece compares to a scout, or how it helps (or hinders) a scout. If it's a follower, I look and see how it plays in a sith squad with MAndo the Lesser (and probably Holosid), etc. It is one of the reasons that the new Mando on Speeder has rival. It was brought up in PT that you could play it in sith, and the designers didn't want that. Not that they thought it was broken or anything, they just didn't want that, so they changed it up so it can't be in sith.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 30, 2017 10:51:53 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
It is one of the reasons that the new Mando on Speeder has rival. It was brought up in PT that you could play it in sith, and the designers didn't want that. Not that they thought it was broken or anything, they just didn't want that, so they changed it up so it can't be in sith.

Side note on this - Jason is correct but a little more in depth info - It was not designer intent to be in Sith, but also we didn't have nearly enough people play testing to do all the tests to see if it was balanced in Sith. If we had an army of excellent play testers chomping at the bit - we would have tested it. If it is an err, it was on the side of caution. Being able to move an enemy is potentially big. Sith already do it better than anyone with Caedus. So we thought that the NPE factor could be high adding more to the Sith's enemy moving arsenal. Probably not broken, but we didn't have enough playtesters to be sure.

Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, August 18, 2017 3:52:40 AM

Cough mandos are fine cough