RegisterDonateLogin

Thinks you need more Droids in your squads.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 60 - Those Forgotten Options
poppins88
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 6:54:11 PM
Groups: Member

Minis has done an amazing job filling many of the characters from the saga. Your job is to find those that it passed by. Maybe it's a background character that never got their due, a character from a forgotten Legends source, or a new Canon character the V-Set team hasn't gotten to just yet. Basically, create a Unique character that has not yet seen any representation in minis.

Rules

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, July 8, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, July 10, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 7:26:55 PM

Great one! Well since I still have high hopes for Abeloth, and have created several customs (and entered) about Rianna Saren/Zeeo, I will instead throw in my third choice for missing characters:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23201/goto

GOTO and Hanhaar are the only missing party members from KOTOR 2
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:14:17 PM

REALLY liken this weeks CCC. Ill have to put some thought into this one! Only thing is, the 1 (or pair together in one piece) was something I was gonna do to see interpretations of as a CCC. Meh no biggy, but I do have to do the pair! (one of each or both as one piece)
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:31:54 PM

blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:51:11 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28070/000--triple-zero-
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28068/bt-1

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/0-0-0
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/BT-1

Here are 000 and BT-1 from the newer Darth Vader comic book series. (They are also of course in the Dr. Aphra comics as well). This is my interpretation of both characters. Point values may be a bit low, not sure really. And to head off the "but if they are with this commander or that" I included rival of Seps to remove the most obvious group of droid boosting commanders etc in the game. (that and the fact they were put together or came together functional some time after the Clone Wars.) I plan on making Aphra as well to complete the trio, but BT-1 is the prime entrant for the CCC but I feel that all 3 should be made. Thus the previous two could be changed slightly to accommodate Aphra just a wee bit. I see Aphra being Fringe (obviously) but having an SA to the affect of all 3 have a cost reduction when in an Imperial squad that contains a character named Vader or something to similar.
poppins88
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 7:37:17 AM

Solace

This is my entry. Hopefully she helps create a different sort of Rebels squad type.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:27:12 AM

To go with my Order of Shasa Acolyte from week 56 I shall submit

Shasa

since she fits the goal of this one perfectly.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:29:09 AM

Sort of following the theme from last week with a similar piece, I give you.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28063/rosh-penin
CorellianComedian
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 12:33:03 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27002/darth-marr

Okay, another one for consideration. I haven't actually played TOR, but I've seen a little bit of Marr in clips. I thought it would be cool to be able to blend OR and Sith Trooper builds, hence the CE. I know giving Hunter is a big boost, but Marr prevents you from using the Arkanian Jedi General, and also costs as much as 2-4 worthwhile troopers, so it's definitely an either-or as far as boosts goes. Marr himself is a pretty decent tank, but no ranged defense.
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 2:14:40 PM

Hmm, no current representation, eh? There are still a few out there. I'm considering this

Bane Malar

or maybe

Dao Stryver

and then there's

Darth Maleval

I'm going with Maleval.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2017 7:58:24 AM

CorellianComedian
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2017 3:55:19 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28069/nico-okarr

Going with Nico Okarr. Nothing too fancy, just a straight-up gunslinger. Plasma Bolt is to represent his custom pistols.
saber1
Posted: Friday, July 7, 2017 4:59:12 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28069/nico-okarr

Going with Nico Okarr. Nothing too fancy, just a straight-up gunslinger. Plasma Bolt is to represent his custom pistols.

You have chosen...wisely.
saber1
Posted: Sunday, July 9, 2017 9:09:09 PM

GG's GOTO: This Droid is packed with potent abilities. Flight, Cloaked, Mines, Intuition (what the?), Droid Master and a CE that dials up the HK-50 is a ton for 20 points. This is especially true in Fringe. I'm thinking this needs a price bump.

CC's Nico: Based on nothing more than a game trailer, this character had both appeal and potential. You, my friend, have nailed it. Evade, Counterstrike and Survival Expert capture his spinning return fire that loops in my noggin every time I think of that trailer. Fun, thematic and accurate. I might have gone for Twin Attack and upped his Atk rating a point or two but still great as is.

poppins' Solace: Crazy speed. Acrobatic, Speed 8, Master Speed and Surprise Move are a lively combo but possibly overkill in the mobility dept. Last of the Jedi is a pretty cool new ability. I would have preferred Double Attack over a single attack, but I understand that damage dealing isn't really the point here.

LB's Shasa: Its been a long time since I played the game so I'm really not in a position to declare this piece is accurate or not. That said, it looks to give enemies fits with Waveform 4 and Fira Sword. Progenitor's Call, which we saw a few weeks back, may be the ultimate manipulation power. The CE can create a deadly chain reaction with the subfaction pieces positioned properly. The Atk is weak but there is plenty of other tools in the box here.

spry's Rosh Penin: This is a solid add to the Ragnos crew. The Force power suite is great. Blaster 20 adds a fun facet. The real eye-catcher here is the Bravado/Shifting Loyalties combo. That SL save is critical. If he makes it, Rosh can punch above his weight class. If not...maybe you score those 33 points? Very interesting.

jen'ari's Dexter: A great movement option for Fringe, but frail for the cost. Blaster Rifle Upgrade adds a bit of useful tech. Dex looked pretty stout in Ep.II so I might bump the HP up several notches for accuracy and sake of 27 point cost.

As for voting...

THIRD: jen'ari's Dexter Jettster, while a bit too frail as is, would add a very useful movement-breaking option.
SECOND: Lord Ball's Shasa has the makings of a fun subfaction and subfaction leader. Several useful methods of manipulation make this a very intriguing piece.
FIRST: CorellianComedian's Nico Okarr was the clear winner in my view. This one stood out as ready to add to the game as is. Superb effort!

spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 5:54:23 AM

1. CC
2. GG
3. Jen'ari
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 6:39:50 AM

Lots of interesting entries here
My votes would have to be
1 saber1
The CE is genius for a Sith and it fits Maleval fairly well.

2 spryguy1981
With conflicting abilities his play style isn't so straight forward and that's great!

3 CorellianComedian
Honestly anyone could have taken 3rd, but I gave CC the spot due to simplicity and function.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 9:06:37 AM

1st: Spryguy - I like the multi-tool feel to this guy. The design is more for flavor than fulfilling a specific role, but the piece doesn't lack focus. He's got a little something for everyone.

2nd: jen'ari - Love the simplicity. When I first saw Dexter was one of the entries, I was ready to ignore it and move on - I didn't think Dex could have a good mini that actually did anything useful. But your piece is fantastic! He seems a little on the pricey side, but I'm probably underestimating Smuggler (that's a Legends ability, right? I bet you've seen it in action)

3rd: poppins - I'm not sold that she does enough to be a squad base, but the design is fantastic, and she looks like a fun piece to play.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 9:28:29 AM

1st Poppins
2nd Spry
3rd Saber1
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 9:42:29 AM

1. Spryguy - the danger of using Bravado is great and the game play decisions that you and opponents have to keep account of (do I damage this guy if I can't kill him? because I might end up with him in my squad and easy gambit points for the opponent) makes it an interesting play.

2. CorrellianComedian- I love pieces that discourage shooters... so if you shoot at him he can evade it and shoot back haha brilliant and I love the 9 attack on fringe piece

3. General Grievous (getting the dge on Saber1 b/c i have been on a droid kick recently) - has a list of abilities that come together nicely: but the gist is Flight, Droid master, Intuition, and cloaked. This combo is brilliant b/c the 6 square limit is hard to use sometimes, but movement at the top of the round makes him have another chance to be set up. Jedi Hunter and Mines are not really necessary imo but are fun regardlesss.

@CC yes Smuggler is a Legends ability designed by theUltrastar in one of the first designs. It was used in all fringe with "Hired Guns". Our subfaction for all-fringe. It was very useful and will be so here too. I originally had him costed at 20 for standard, but thought that might be too low and did not l know if he should have the Lobot reinforcement capability. but maybe 23 would be fine.
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2017 4:34:02 PM

1: Saber1 did a great job representing his torturous ways.
2: Darth Marr great representation of this character, and it also adds to the sith and expands what they can do with OR forces joining up with them.
3: Lord Ball some interesting new abilities Smile