RegisterDonateLogin

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-set 16: What do you want to see Options
TimmerB123
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 9:08:45 AM
Groups: Member

V-set 15 is deep into the design phase, and already has the set list virtually locked in and rough drafts of almost all the characters.

In other words - it's time to start brainstorming for set 16 and beyond!

We already have that design team set, and these threads are vital to get your voice heard. Trust me - as designers, we do read these. Every single set has taken suggestions from these threads (and the more people that suggest something, the higher chance it gets of being used!)

So tell us, what:

Characters, abilities, game mechanics, etc do you want to see in set 16?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Link to v-set 15 thread: http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=20403
Naarkon
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 9:34:13 AM

Not sure if these are in the works already, but Sith need two different kinds of in-faction door control. One that works with the Lost Tribe Isolationist (the most awesome piece in the game), like the Bothan Saboteur or the Mando demolitionist. The satchel charge that she gives out doesn't have very good recipients. The second to fit in with rock-type squads with or without Plagueis. Maybe give unique Sith door shatter, or better yet, something that doesn't replace attacks.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 11:08:14 AM

Sith Vader
Sith powerful offensive pieces that are mid costed

More OR pieces like Ven
jak
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 12:04:45 PM

General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 12:46:46 PM

Alright I will slightly update my standard ones:

Grievous with prideful for "whose name contains battle droids"/ huge Separatist Droids or alternatively:

Central Control Computer
Cost: 20
Hit Points: 80
Defense: 7
Attack: 0
Damage: 0
Base: Huge

Special Abilities
* Unique
* Damage Reduction 10 (Whenever this character takes damage, reduce the damage dealt by 10. Attacks with lightsabers ignore this special ability.)
* Machinery (Industrial Repair removes damage from this character)
* Droid (Immune to critical hits; not subject to commander effects)
* Transmit Orders (At the start of the skirmish, choose a Unique ally whose name contains Grievous, Dooku, or Ventress. That character is considered to be within range of allies’ commander effects, and its own commander effects have unlimited range. Also choose Disciplined Leader or Willing to Serve. For the rest of the skirmish, the chosen character gains the chosen ability.)
* Emplacement (Cannot move or be moved. Set up anywhere on your half of the battle map.)

Would also to one day see Rianna Saren + Zeeo, either on their own or a duo piece. Heroes of a video game, come on if Komari Vosa, Tann, Nym, Jaden Korr and Dash Rendar all get pieces these two definitely deserve a spot. My take on a duo piece:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25182/rihanna-saren-and-zeeo

And finally either NK-1 Necrosis (imperial Droid "Grievous") or something like this guy:

Dr. Nycolai Kinesworthy
Cost:15
Hit Points:50
Defense:13
Attack:2
Damage:10
Special Abilities
* Unique
* Affinity (medium character whose name contains Grievous may be in your squad regardless of faction.)
* Genious Cyberneticist (Allies with Cyborg loose Cyborg and gain Droid for the rest of the Skirmish.)
* Repair 20 (Replaces attacks: touch; remove 20 damage from 1 Droid character)

Aside from that it would be awesome, Grievous being in imperials but only as a droid would be a great boost to the less than sub-par dark troopers and Sith probe droids.

Those are my big three requests that I would love to see. And I really think we should keep going on this mix of legends and new canon. As the WOTC game existed in the old world and should always have a presence in our game. Love me some Vong, original Solo children and Kyle Katarn. And no Disney money grab will ever change how awesome they were.

That being said can we get a Rebels TV show version of Thrawn now? Haha

Also fanstastic resources, ideas, and more in the CCC winners thread over in the customs section!
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 1:48:39 PM

Spoilers ahead for Rebel pieces if you haven't watched all of Star Wars Rebels

Old Republic
Kao-Cen Darach costing similar to Ven Zallow
More Covenant Boosts
More 20-25 cost Green Jedi
Theron Shan

Sith
Gavar Khai
More Lost Tribe Non-U's
Some sort of low-midrange unique character with some sort of CE that prevents bonuses being used against the Sith as they tend to get eaten up by high damage shooters
Darth Tenebrous
Set Harth (though I guess he could be Fringe too)
Darth Stryfe
Some good attackers that fall in the 25-35 range

Republic
a new Depa Billaba
a new Saesee Tiin
a new Kit Fisto
a new Plo Koon (see the trend here)
Ric Olie
Padawan Kanan

Seperatist
Uniques that aren't tied directly to droids

Rebel
Ezra Bridger as he has progressed through several seasons of Rebels
Bodhi Rook
Admiral Raddus
Saw Guerra (though he could be Fringe also)
A Rebel Agent Kallus

Imperial
New Thrawn
F.O. Stuff pending the new movie
More ways to help Darth Vader of Lothal be more competitive without breaking him
Tavion Aximis
Rosh Penin

New Republic
Octa Ramis
Tresina Lobi
Dorsk 81
20-25pt non-unique Jedi that can work in a squad with Luke

Fringe
Some more counters to things like Activation Control that are available to other factions, maybe Double Agent as it hurts both sides

Mandalorian
Goran Beviin
Some sort of cheaper unique that could add some more options into Sith for Mandalorian use
Mandalorian Sabine Wren
Fenn Rau

Vong
More uniques such as Czulkang Lah
No more non-uniques.

Deaths_Baine
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 2:45:19 PM

Ikrit
Gizmotronx
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 2:58:39 PM

I would die if you just reworked wotc sets, starting with rebel storm and update the prices that are not competitive. Bump up stats, upgrade abilities, give force users renewal, etc.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 3:14:43 PM

Force powers

Force wave
Burst push
Lightsaber battle moves like falling avalanche, hawk bat swoop, etc.

Special abilities

Cover fire: replaces turn, attack each legal target.

Tactical attack: if this character damages an adjacent opponent it can move without profiling attacks of opportunity this turn
blemelisk
Posted: Sunday, July 23, 2017 3:23:46 PM

A very large pool of possible abilities for characters could be those from the DnD mini line Smile This isnt a direction or etc for the next set, but could be a possible pool of abilities or inspiration.
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2017 9:16:01 PM

So, sith Vader

We have Vader down comics and scariff battle scene that we can represent as a Sith Lord.

Damage as a untimed ability is kind of a must. Something like burst lightning, but since he "never" uses lightning something else.
Also, powerful deflection abilities, never gets hit.

Also, just run of the mill melee destruction.
At some point I would love a new malgus and would love to walk Vader and malgus into a room and just go ham.

I would love a good force wave that deals area damage as well.
Most Vader's have dark armor, but he just had some serious deflection/absorb abilities that I think we should explore.
Possibly base 30 or some sith rage (+10 dam) ability that activates after taking half damage or something.
Luke in Empire strikes his arm and he gets mad and hacks Luke's arm off (cho mai) after an angry volley of strikes.

Add: I would love to explore options to make Tarkin playable as swell
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2017 1:04:42 PM

Bring imperial tarkin into sith haha. Sith commanders gain extra. Boom, caedus with extra, plageuis with extra, Revan with extra, sidious 57 cost with quad now, exar kun with triple twin now.
Sounds really fun to me.

A sith Tarkin... I like the sound of that.
Sith Vader brings in Tarkin.

Vader should be the overall Vader not a specific Vader. In legends very we had 2 Vaders. One called Vader, the other called Darth Vader, Master of Evil.

Force Wave!!!!

That force attuned on Ven should be used on Vader for sure, maybe even stifling attack.

I am just going to keep posting thoughts on Vader until the end of time since no one seems to want a sith Vader around here.

Sith Vader
shmi15
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2017 2:44:28 PM

Darth Krayt, Leader of the One Sith, Who boosts the 20+ point Wylock, Nihl, Talon, and the 36 point Maladi.

The Cyborg Jedi Creations from the Vader Comics

a new Quinlan/Assaj who work together based off their new book.

A new Vader/ Palps who work together based off their new book.

A new Imperial sub-trooper faction, Inferno Squad, based off the book and new Battlefront Campaign.

A new Thrawn based off the new Thrawn book.

All the main characters from the After Math Trilogy, and maybe some of the sub-characters

The new Bounty Hunters from the comic book series

A new Phasma based off her new book.

Non Canon Wants

Sith Zombies

A new Darth Malak

Tulk, The Whiphid Bounty Hunter

More to come in another Post

CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2017 3:22:47 PM

A NEW Thrawn book? Blasphemy!

Ima-Gun-Di :)
shmi15
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2017 4:15:11 PM

CorellianComedian wrote:

Written by the same man, Timothy Zahn. About as UN-Blasphemic as you can get!
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2017 4:27:52 PM

shmi15 wrote:
CorellianComedian wrote:

Written by the same man, Timothy Zahn. About as UN-Blasphemic as you can get!

WHOA! Okay then! I gladly accept!

Can't keep a great villain out of canon, even if they wanted to Laugh
chainparalysis
Posted: Monday, July 31, 2017 5:24:06 PM

I really feel like an interesting direction at some point would be to do what @Gizmotronx said, re-releasing older WOTC characters but revising their stats to bring them more inline with the current level of some other, more prevalent pieces. I was thinking about making a squad representing the scene when members of the jedi council go to arrest palpatine, but looking at stats for those characters (barring Mace of course) i knew there was no way they could be competitive against any v-set squad. Don't get me wrong, i love the v-sets more than WOTC stuff (im probably shooting myself in the foot for saying that here) but i would like to be able to see some older, more ambiguous characters that missed out on the love get a bit of a shine-up.

Either way, to you guys who make the V-sets, you're doing an awesome job, and i would also like to see a sith Vader, i think i would have a lot of fun using that, and I think Damage 30 is a must, just give him double, and possibly a Force Power that gives extra attack for a turn to represent a different take on sith rage??
CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:03:14 PM

Oh, I totally second the Kao-Cen-Darach vote. I think he'd be a good candidate for 60s-70s range; most of the OR's high-cost pieces just don't see much play time. I can't remember the last time I saw Vandar or Kavar in a squad, and I think Thon gets a lot of his use because of Mount. I think single-handedly holding off two Sith (especially one who would later get a 72-point mini) is enough qualification to be the resident 75-point beatstick for your faction.

I heard about Kirak Infil'a from a YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5wlUz1T1vI). It wouldn't surprise me if Vader came back and demolished him at a later time, but this guy beat Vader to a pulp and Force pushed him off a cliff (Vader: 0, High Ground: 2). It'd be cool to see Kirak get a mini, but maybe it'd be wise to wait until he shows up again?

I'm also gonna hop on the Sith Vader bandwagon.

Saw Gerrera would be cool - specifically his appearance in Rogue One. I could see a cool new Rebel subfaction of Partisans with Independent Outfit...

Also, could we have a game-warping, major NPE Bodhi Rook?
CorellianComedian
Posted: Thursday, August 3, 2017 8:20:35 PM

Oh, hey, could we get Theran Cedrax from TOR? That guy is hilarious! "They never suspect the scientist!"

Actually, a solid low-20s healer could be a really nice addition to the OR.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 5:36:39 PM

Okay, I don't mean to clog up the thread, but nobody else is saying anything Flapper

Although they don't seem to have made much of an impact, I'm a huge fan of the TOR Character-Class pieces (Smuggler, Vanguard, Juggernaut, Imperial Agent). It'd be awesome to see some more of those made - particularly the Commando and Bounty Hunter.