RegisterDonateLogin

I would not eat them with some Wookiees. I do not like Bloo Milk and cookies!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-set 16: What do you want to see Options
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 5:47:33 PM
Groups: Member

It has already been said Sith Vader!!!!

As the community we should all just focus on a few select peeves.
Sith Vader.

With some form of affinity into an imperial squad with tarkin. I love the tarkin. I would love to have a sid, Vader, tarkin squad.

swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 7, 2017 8:48:02 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Gotals should not suck as bad as they do. Cranial Horns and all.

Also Niktos. Not because they shouldn't suck, but this quote from the Elder Days....
Ruhk wrote:
Niktos with Veers have Accurate and Sniper! in real costed terms.. BD Sniper ... add in a Czerka.... *goes off into his own little world where Niktos rule..

LOL
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 11:15:50 AM

Okay, I had an idea. Some sort of sniper ability that negates Evade would be really cool. Not something generic that suppresses damage-reducing abilities; I mean something that specifically says Evade cannot be used against you. I think Evade is prevalent enough that an ability targeting it specifically would be worthwhile - lots of great shooters have it, and two of the best factions can get it board wide at very low cost. Maybe something like:

Sure Shot - Evade cannot be used against this character.

- This would give Soresu Style an advantage over Evade
- While not directly helping melee, it would be a very anti-shooter shooter ability
- It would give Stealth a little bit more appeal compared to Evade (Stealth has a bucketload of counters, Evade does not)

(I think the TN group had an ability similar to this - Master Shot, right?)
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 11:24:57 AM

Yes, master shot.
Essentially it was accurate shot if you did not move on your turn and it ignored evade.

So pop shots did not work.
We thought accurate shot was super super powerful and have nonmelee such an advantage that the can't move blip made it so at least they had to be in Los.

And I agree a rieekan evade and wedge evade counter would be marvelous even a very soft counter.
(Or a tech Mando piece that gives it to uniques, yes! So vindicated can ignore evade)

Addition: but it will hurt my Darth sidious, sith Mastermind so forget it
Gizmotronx
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 12:33:43 PM

I was trying to think of a way to hide your character's position from your enemy, so what about this...

"Fog of War - Do not place this character on the battle grid until the beginning of the fourth round. You may place this character on any space within 36 spaces of your starting zone that is not separated by a door."

It would take a lot of tweaking the wording, but I think it could be a fun way to get someone close to your opponents back line commanders / force them to protect them or move them.
harryg
Posted: Sunday, August 20, 2017 12:51:32 PM

Dexter Jettster
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, September 11, 2017 5:18:06 PM

Okay, another idea: some sort of (or multiple sorts of) ability to facilitate attacking on the move that are NOT Greater Mobile Attack. An SA that functions like Lightsaber Assault would be awesome.

Too late for them, but I'm kinda thinking of Old Republic Troopers. Most Trooper builds I've seen (or made) essentially rely on having these guys pop out and deal crazy amounts of damage, and then pop back behind a wall. They don't play like Troopers, they play like Dash Rendar wannabes who have to be extra careful because they don't have Evade.

Something that allows you to say, make two attacks, or make all of your attacks after your movement ends, would allow pieces with good damage output to be usable without turning them into GMA turrets that nuke you and hide.

ALSO: some ability that grants an absurd defense boost against non-adjacent enemies using GMA would not necessarily be out of order. Maybe something like "Non-adjacent enemies who attack this character before ending their movement get -6 Attack."

EDIT: Okay, this is like the fourth edit of this post, but oh well: I really like what the designers have done with the abilities "Wraith Squadron" and "Phoenix Squadron." Some pieces try to breathe life into old V-sets by having Rapport for them, or giving them abilities - sometimes that works great, but other times it's essentially a nice sentiment that takes up card space. BUT, gaining an ability when played with a certain character seems like it holds a little more punch. I think there are probably several old WotC characters (commanders in particular) that could really be given a fighting chance if they had a good non-Unique that specifically needed them in order to be good.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, September 15, 2017 3:10:08 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Spoilers ahead for Rebel pieces if you haven't watched all of Star Wars Rebels

Old Republic
Kao-Cen Darach costing similar to Ven Zallow
More Covenant Boosts
More 20-25 cost Green Jedi
Theron Shan

Sith
Gavar Khai
More Lost Tribe Non-U's
Some sort of low-midrange unique character with some sort of CE that prevents bonuses being used against the Sith as they tend to get eaten up by high damage shooters
Darth Tenebrous
Set Harth (though I guess he could be Fringe too)
Darth Stryfe
Some good attackers that fall in the 25-35 range

Republic
a new Depa Billaba
a new Saesee Tiin
a new Kit Fisto
a new Plo Koon (see the trend here)
Ric Olie
Padawan Kanan

Seperatist
Uniques that aren't tied directly to droids

Rebel
Ezra Bridger as he has progressed through several seasons of Rebels
Bodhi Rook
Admiral Raddus
Saw Guerra (though he could be Fringe also)
A Rebel Agent Kallus

Imperial
New Thrawn
F.O. Stuff pending the new movie
More ways to help Darth Vader of Lothal be more competitive without breaking him
Tavion Aximis
Rosh Penin

New Republic
Octa Ramis
Tresina Lobi
Dorsk 81
20-25pt non-unique Jedi that can work in a squad with Luke

Fringe
Some more counters to things like Activation Control that are available to other factions, maybe Double Agent as it hurts both sides

Mandalorian
Goran Beviin
Some sort of cheaper unique that could add some more options into Sith for Mandalorian use
Mandalorian Sabine Wren
Fenn Rau

Vong
More uniques such as Czulkang Lah

No more non-uniques.

+1 to all of this except -1 to the bolded non-unique Vong. Come on Spry can't say no more ever. We don't even have a world brain, Vongspawn, Grafting shaper, Radank, Villip/Gnullith Hybrid Stalk, Slaver, or Rakamat yet! Oh and speaking of, that is a list of non-unique Vong I would love to see hahaha.

Especially a Rakamat like this:

Young Rakamat 100
Hit Points: 160
Defense: 16
Attack: 16
Damage: 30
Huge
Special Abilities
Twin Attack (Whenever this character attacks, he makes 1 extra attack against the same target)
Burning Attacks (Characters (including this character) damaged by this character are considered to be burning. Each time a burning character activates, it must attempt a save of 11. On a failure, that character takes 10 damage. On a success, that character is no longer burning.)
Splash 30 (If this character's attack hits, all characters adjacent to the target take 30 damage; save 11. If the attack misses, the target and all adjacent characters take 30 damage; save 11.)
Destabilizing Attack (Suppresses enemies' Shields abilities when attacking)
Vonduun Crab Armor 2 (When this character takes damage, it can reduce the damage dealt by 10 with a save of 2)
Dovin Basal (An enemy farther than 6 squares cannot target this character or allies within 2 squares with an attack, except when combining fire; save 16 negates.)
Mount 2 (This character can transport up to 2 Small or Medium allies who ends their move adjacent to it. Remove those allies from the battle grid; they move simultaneously with this character, have cover, and are considered adjacent to it. They can make attacks, counting distance from this character. A transported ally can return to the battle grid immediately before your first activation of the round. If this character is defeated, the transported ally is also defeated; save 6.)
Chazrach Reserves 20 (If you roll exactly 5, 10, 15 or 20 for initiative, you can add up to 20 points of Yuuzhan Vong characters whose name contains Chazrach to your squad, adjacent to this character, immediately before your first activation of the round)
Invasion (Abilities that modify initiative or that trigger on an initiative roll from any character in your squad cannot be suppressed.)

Also a huge-based Phantom from the Rebels show would be awesome as well!
Maul-Ordo
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 8:51:59 PM

I usually don't voice my opinion on this topic but I feel the need to tonight.

It's always bothered me how WOTC made only 2 Ahsokas and neither one was very impressive to me. She was a bad little broad there as we got closer towards the end of the Clone Wars series. I mean when I saw her decapitate 4 Mandos in half a second, and then to take on Pre Viszla afterwards, wow did I get goosebumps! Viszla is no slouch either and Ahsoka stood her ground pretty darn good against him. So yeah, WOTC....come on! They didn't make Ahsoka as powerful as she was in the animated series IMO nor did they make her as powerful as she deserved to be. That being said, I really hope to see a much needed improved version of her. Yes, I'm aware that she was recreated, but I still would like to see her improved as a Republic piece as opposed to a Rebel.

And one more thing.....I can't remember who it was but someone on here made a custom Fringe version of Maul. I really liked that ThumpUp. He's not Sith any more yet he isn't....well he just isn't! Another great idea I hope to see some day.
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, September 16, 2017 9:13:55 PM

Maul-Ordo wrote:
I usually don't voice my opinion on this topic but I feel the need to tonight.

It's always bothered me how WOTC made only 2 Ahsokas and neither one was very impressive to me. She was a bad little broad there as we got closer towards the end of the Clone Wars series. I mean when I saw her decapitate 4 Mandos in half a second, and then to take on Pre Viszla afterwards, wow did I get goosebumps! Viszla is no slouch either and Ahsoka stood her ground pretty darn good against him. So yeah, WOTC....come on! They didn't make Ahsoka as powerful as she was in the animated series IMO nor did they make her as powerful as she deserved to be. That being said, I really hope to see a much needed improved version of her. Yes, I'm aware that she was recreated, but I still would like to see her improved as a Republic piece as opposed to a Rebel.

And one more thing.....I can't remember who it was but someone on here made a custom Fringe version of Maul. I really liked that ThumpUp. He's not Sith any more yet he isn't....well he just isn't! Another great idea I hope to see some day.

+1 great ideas
You could have bat crazy Cave Maul, as well as Rebels Season 2/3 Maul
Maul-Ordo
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 8:25:39 AM

Quick question here.....we have cards that can unite Old Republic and Sith pieces on one squad (Jedi Crusader). We also have cards that can unite Sith and Mandalorians (Ulic Qel-Droma, Mandalore The Lesser), but do we have anything that can unite Old Republic and Mandalorians?
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 8:50:36 AM

Maul-Ordo wrote:
Quick question here.....we have cards that can unite Old Republic and Sith pieces on one squad (Jedi Crusader). We also have cards that can unite Sith and Mandalorians (Ulic Qel-Droma, Mandalore The Lesser), but do we have anything that can unite Old Republic and Mandalorians?

Like... like...

LIKE A NEW CANDEROUS ORDO??? ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Maul-Ordo
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 8:58:36 AM

Kinda what I was thinking BigGrin. The story came to mind where he swore to aid the Old Republic should the Sith ever return.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, September 18, 2017 9:08:30 AM

That would be awesome, even just a sub-faction of mandos, but would be super cool
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, September 21, 2017 10:51:28 AM

As always, waiting for that Teek and Noa.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 5:00:03 PM

adamb0nd wrote:
As always, waiting for that Teek and Noa.

+1
and Kank and Chukha-trok.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 5:26:00 PM

Anakin Skywalker that is worth something.

Yoda that is not on Kybuck and playable

Nomi Sunrider that is great (boosts Ulic and/or Vima)

OR Revan

Canderous that is worth something

Republic Chewbacca

Bounty Hunters from the Clone Wars "the box" episode
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 5:29:13 PM

More development of the Echani. NOT guns.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 5:48:32 PM

swinefeld wrote:
More development of the Echani. NOT guns.

WP is kinda thin on info - but tie-ins to Army of Light.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Raskta_Lsu (Weapons Master)

also,
"Personal shields, I love you so.. crafting and fighting with you… exhilarates me. You are the MAIN focus of my life… (except for my melee weapons and armor)… I love you so."
―An Echani Poem

edit: ^ which is kinda contradictory to other statements about them on WP. Anyway, I don't claim to know the source material on them.

Also, it's odd (sarcasm) that WotC made Handmaidens double-twin shooters. Tongue
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, October 9, 2017 9:07:56 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Also, it's odd (sarcasm) that WotC made Handmaidens double-twin shooters. Tongue

Is that funny because double-twin is four attacks. Even instead of odd?

ThumbsUp