RegisterDonateLogin

We would be honored, if you would join us for a glass of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 66 - Support The Imperial Mission Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 4:15:45 PM
Groups: Member

So .... I wrote up a nice long critique on each piece .... and I left it at ......RollEyes

So, I'll try to at least vote by memory and put up the critique tomorrow morn. Sorry bout that ....

Jen'ari - I think I see the intent, but, as you said, you never cleaned it up .... sorrry.

GG & saber - I Really never liked VWW and you both went there .... GG, You went with Astraal with a Diplo, saber, In Servive just doesn't curb VWW enough for me ..... and you also have Diplo ....

LB = Peace Broker just seems like its almost broken. 3-4 of these and you could actually "shut down" the enemy squads best shooters/sticks ... just doesn't sound right ....

Tough call ...... I'd love to say its a three way tie but that's Chickens%@t so .....

3rd - GG

2nd - LB

1st - saber1

Too close to call I say ....seems we may be building up to ties people .....

More critique tomorrow morn ....
saber1
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 4:54:31 PM

FIRST: GG
SECOND: jen'ari
THIRD: LB
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 5:32:00 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
GG
LB
Surf

I was at GenCon this week so I didn't get the chance to post one.

But in what order Spry??? Haha

LB, great tweak on the ability and I like the natural built in caveats that balance the ability. May have still upped the cost of the character but all in all simple fitting piece.

Surf, after correcting the lower end cost I think you found the right balance. This piece would be a power 11 piece for fringe-based squads especially black sun, Jawa and IG-86s but I do like that it puts The Imperial Mission on the map for a power piece and at the same time is honestly what the mission should have looked like from the beginning.

Jen'ari, super outside the box here so points for that. Only concern is these guys being able to bring in a monster squad like this:
Revan 50 points, Boba 25, Cad Bane 25, and we haven't even broke 150 yet. Maybe a tweak like non-unique, or "only one of these abilities can be resolved per skirmish" or something else to limit being able to spam these guys and save a hundred points haha. But again outside the box

Saber, some great key changes brought balance to this piece. Quasi-overload might still be a bit much but I like the only being able to force non-uniques and the hp cost to use it. Great changes and nice boost to existing Missionaries.

3rd LB
2nd Saber
1st Surf

Great job everyone and thanks for the ideas to boost up the forgotten sub-faction
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 5:35:58 PM

Well Surf I think it's between you or me right now depending on what order spry wanted. Haha
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 5:44:33 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Well Surf I think it's between you or me right now depending on what order spry wanted. Haha

Last time we tied was in like week 3. You want to message about this and talk it over?
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 5:50:26 PM

Haha for sure I'll message you while we wait
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 7:17:55 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
LB = Peace Broker just seems like its almost broken. 3-4 of these and you could actually "shut down" the enemy squads best shooters/sticks ... just doesn't sound right ....

But for every character you "shut down" you give up one of you're own high(er) costing pieces. so there is some trade off that makes it so you really wouldn't want more than probably 2 of them.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 6:14:38 AM

Here's that more detailed critique I had written. Don't know if this clarifies anything or if its a dead horse but ....

Jen'ari - if you'd just kept it simple and said something like "a non-unique Fringe character costing between 10-20 pts" it might've flown. I suck at algebra and you started with X .... my fault for not speaking up since I haven't been around this week since school just started.

LB - Aside from the fact that I hate Diplomat on characters that aren't ... Peace Broker seems suspicious/interesting when you can pick/choose each round who to stop attacking. Your opponent just went to a lot of trouble basing somebody to nail them and you can stop it ... doesn't seem right .... conceivably if you had several of these guys you could stifle attacks by all major enemy characters ... which again doesn't sound fair ....

saber1 - As CC said when the Imp Missionary came out "not sure how I feel about VWW." Still not sure I like it. Insofar as "In Service To The Mission" its just disguised "Overload" and conceivably you can use that several times when its only -10 and y ou've got 60 pts. Still a sneaky way to basically coin flip on stealing someone and therefore almost going back to my original comment from a five days ago .....

GG - Astraal is still a lazy way of getting into the Imp Mission idea but I already said that

Still not liking the VWW + Diplomat combo, but I DO like the CE. If I was going to be picky I would say she's only 5 pts more than the Imp Missionary, has 30 more hit pts, 3 more defense is a Diplomat with a CE .... probably close to 21 pts than 15 ... and I Still Don't Like that Diplo/VWW combo ....

Ahhh well ......