RegisterDonateLogin

Caution: May bring balance to the Force.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Gencon Championship squad list Options
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:24:14 PM
Groups: Member

Greg Hollis is gholli69 ... Duh... lol
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:32:06 PM

Thank you. that's awesome!

OR do not need help more than Sith.

Especially now that we have Zallowing Satele.
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:52:44 PM

jen'ari wrote:

Apparently 3 people thought SITH were a better meta call... OR suffer from the OP staple piece effect. Where there main piece you can build around is so good that it gives the illusion the Faction is tier 1. In reality they suck, lol
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:08:37 PM

atmsalad wrote:
jen'ari wrote:

Apparently 3 people thought SITH were a better meta call... OR suffer from the OP staple piece effect. Where there main piece you can build around is so good that it gives the illusion the Faction is tier 1. In reality they suck, lol

They simply made the wrong call.

Bastila tier 1 piece
Satele tier 1 piece
Senator tier 1 piece (especially with Xt-6)
Jaq close to tier 1 or is tier 1
Vima close to tier 1
Thon close to tier 1
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:17:23 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Bastila tier 1 piece
Satele tier 1 piece
Vima close to tier 1
Thon close to tier 1

Bringing Thon back!!!! That would be cool
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:21:36 PM

atmsalad wrote:
jen'ari wrote:
Bastila tier 1 piece
Satele tier 1 piece
Vima close to tier 1
Thon close to tier 1

Bringing Thon back!!!! That would be cool

new Nomi with Vima help and can ride on Thon's back without being Repulsed and gives him Momentum and acrobatic while on his back. YES!!
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:44:39 PM

I thought we had a really good meta this year. When I think about the meta from 2015 this Gencon was a dream!! haha
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:57:19 PM

atmsalad wrote:
I thought we had a really good meta this year. When I think about the meta from 2015 this Gencon was a dream!! haha

Do you know how self-serving that sounds? the guy who didn't lose a game thinks the meta was great?
Wait til next year when I bring in rebels broken unleashed lv 1000
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:01:31 PM

In 2015, Imperial double swap totally dominated - you either needed a squad that could compete against it, or you were gone. This year was much more interesting.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:03:23 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

jen'ari wrote:
atmsalad wrote:

Do you know how self-serving that sounds? the guy who didn't lose a game thinks the meta was great?
Wait til next year when I bring in rebels broken unleashed lv 1000

I thought the meta was pretty good.
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:04:19 PM

TheHutts wrote:
In 2015, Imperial double swap totally dominated - you either needed a squad that could compete against it, or you were gone. This year was much more interesting.

i agree that this year had less NPE's and broken squads for sure. Looked really fun.
It did seem like 3 factions had a legit chance at winning at all. but i do think their was a ton more potential to break things.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:04:20 PM

TheHutts wrote:

I didn't face double-swap my whole way through in 2015. Jim's winning squad was single-swap with a billion activations.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:07:58 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
TheHutts wrote:

I didn't face double-swap my whole way through in 2015. Jim's winning squad was single-swap with a billion activations.

You must have been just about the only one. Jim and Deri both made top 4 with high act squads that were obviously double swap counters.
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:09:21 PM

I really don't care about your selective hearing jen'ari. In 2015 We had multiple squads over 30 activations. This year we had 3 that could get to 20. They finished 1st, 13th and 17th.

Im not the type of person to say we had a great Meta just because I win sir...
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:14:37 PM

atmsalad wrote:
I really don't care about your selective hearing jen'ari. In 2015 We had multiple squads over 30 activations. This year we had 3 that could get to 20. They finished 1st, 13th and 17th.

Im not the type of person to say we had a great Meta just because I win sir...

I didn't say you did, just said that it can be portrayed that way and more information is required. which you just gave.

I think the game is fun right now. I say that all the time and I play the game all the time. and I am on bloomilk all the time. I love the game right now. I think the balance committee has done a marvelous job at getting the game back to fun.

but I do feel that people's hearts are not in the same place as they were in 2015 as well. People do not try to break the game like they used to.
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:18:27 PM

I think in 2015 it was a lot more obvious. Also, Spry's squad this year was sooo broken!!!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:19:21 PM

jen'ari wrote:
atmsalad wrote:

They simply made the wrong call.

Bastila tier 1 piece
Satele tier 1 piece
Vima close to tier 1
Thon close to tier 1

I don't think I made the wrong call by bringing Sith. My squad had a legitimate chance to win the whole thing. I lost to a counter-squad (Vong). I won 3 other matches. Then I was out-played by Spry in the last round, and that was the difference between 3rd place and 9th, but losing to Spry's Rebels wasn't a matter of the squad not having a chance. I've played Caedus/Barriss against Cin more than once and each time it's come down to a couple die rolls - Cin was 2 of the top 6. Looking at the whole field, the only two squads I'd be afraid of are Etienne's (Pellaeon) and Mike's (Vong). Granted, since Etienne won it, I don't think I would have beaten him in the playoffs if we had met, but it's not like he went unchallenged through the whole thing. Certainly feasible that if things had gone a bit differently I could have made top 6 and avoided bad matchups in the playoffs.

Granted, I wasn't really trying to play 'meta' anyway. I only have experience with a couple of good squads, and Caedus/Barriss is what I know best. But I do think I had a legit chance in the tournament... would have taken some more skill on my part plus a bit of luck - but not an absurd amount.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:20:34 PM

TheHutts wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
TheHutts wrote:

You must have been just about the only one. Jim and Deri both made top 4 with high act squads that were obviously double swap counters.

Yep - I faced both of them. Beat Deri and then lost to Jim.
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:27:21 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I don't think I made the wrong call by bringing Sith. My squad had a legitimate chance to win the whole thing. I lost to a counter-squad (Vong). I won 3 other matches. Then I was out-played by Spry in the last round, and that was the difference between 3rd place and 9th, but losing to Spry's Rebels wasn't a matter of the squad not having a chance. I've played Caedus/Barriss against Cin more than once and each time it's come down to a couple die rolls - Cin was 2 of the top 6. Looking at the whole field, the only two squads I'd be afraid of are Etienne's (Pellaeon) and Mike's (Vong). Granted, since Etienne won it, I don't think I would have beaten him in the playoffs if we had met, but it's not like he went unchallenged through the whole thing. Certainly feasible that if things had gone a bit differently I could have made top 6 and avoided bad matchups in the playoffs.

Granted, I wasn't really trying to play 'meta' anyway. I only have experience with a couple of good squads, and Caedus/Barriss is what I know best. But I do think I had a legit chance in the tournament... would have taken some more skill on my part plus a bit of luck - but not an absurd amount.

You play that squad incredibly well on top of it being a nasty squad to deal with. I think our match comes down to can I kill caedus before palleon dies?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:37:41 PM

I haven't yet beaten Vong or Ysalamiri with it, but thanks for the benefit of the doubt.

Side note: Alex's dad's name is Bob. Someone who played him should be able to provide you at least the faction.