RegisterDonateLogin

You must drink what you think is right, of course.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

holocron Options
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:58:57 PM
Groups: Member

Target glossary says enemy.

Squib says choose.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 4:52:49 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Deaths_Baine wrote:
I'm so confused by this... lol.

We need a list of abilities that don't target lol.

That is a great idea. It just takes work. Please do it. Go through the entire list of abilities (special abilities and Force powers). Just start a thread and ask about anything you aren't sure of.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 4:55:59 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
I'm so confused by this... lol.

We need a list of abilities that don't target lol.

That is a great idea. It just takes work. Please do it. Go through the entire list of abilities (special abilities and Force powers). Just start a thread and ask about anything you aren't sure of.

I will try tomorrow possibly
DarkDracul
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:41:50 PM

jen'ari wrote:
Target glossary says enemy.

Squib says choose.

It's kind of a murky rules area in SWM. Some abilities "target" allies. You don't follow normal targeting rules but you do follow targeting restrictions set by the card; adjacent, touch, los, choose, ect. For instance, Dominate says "target character" but specifies "any allied character in line of sight is a legal target."

Sith Battle Meditation makes no mention of allied characters being legal targets. It just says "Choose 1 target character within line of sight," but players have been targeting allied characters with SBM for years. It's also an example of "Choose" being used in reference to targeting an ally.

jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 9:45:42 PM

Is it safe to say choose means target?

An i am so glad you cannot give holocron relay orders. Some terrible things out there if it could
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 4:34:15 AM

programmed target----After setup, choose any 1 enemy. This character gets +4 Attack and Accurate Shot against the chosen enemy.

it says choose and it doesn't target correct?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:21:22 AM

At the start of the skirmish, choose a non-Unique allied character. That ally gains Stealth.

doesn't target correct? just trying to figure out why some of these don't target but the wording for supplies does...
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:34:35 AM

Neural Mapping:
Instead of making its normal attack or attacks, this character can choose one adjacent living ally that does not count as a Yuuzhan Vong character. (Once chosen, the ally does not have to remain adjacent to this character.) The chosen ally becomes subject to Yuuzhan Vong special abilities. This effect ends when this character next activates; it ends immediately if this character is defeated.

does it target?
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:35:58 AM

combat processor:

Once per turn during this character's activation, choose one Medium character with Melee Attack within 6 squares. This character can use the chosen character's Defense, Attack, and Damage ratings if they are higher than its own. It must use all the chosen character's ratings; if any of them is worse than its own, it cannot use this ability. This character uses the chosen character's ratings for the rest of the skirmish or until it chooses another eligible character.

Does this target?
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:05:55 AM

jen'ari wrote:
Is it safe to say choose means target?

I guess not
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:17:25 AM

Bryan, thanks for finding the definition of targeting an ally in Dominate. I didn't remember where that was.

On the abilities just asked about... I might be wrong on some of these, but here are my best guesses:
* Programmed Target does not target.
* Ooglith Masquer does not target.
* Neural Mapping targets.
* Combat Processor does not target.

Unfortunately, I can't speak definitively. Programmed Target obviously ignores all the targeting rules, so I'm guessing it's not considered targeting at all. Same thing for Ooglith Masquer. Neural Mapping's adjacency sounds like Homicidal Surgery, which targets. Combat Processor sounds like Levitation, which doesn't target. So that's why I guessed the way I did.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:44:36 AM

Swine??? I need you BigGrin you are my only hope.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 6:52:34 AM

Muur Talisman

When this character is defeated, choose 1 ally with the most Force points to immediately gain 4 Force points. That character also gains the Muur Talisman ability and the Sith Alchemy 4 power for the rest of the skirmish. If there is no ally with Force points, this ability cannot be used.

could I give this to the holocron, because I can give it to force spirits.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:00:34 AM

If you can give it to Force spirits, it doesn't target. So you could give it to a Holocron.

(But really, if you aren't giving it to a Bacta Tank you aren't really trying.)
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:40:49 AM

The holocrons can't spend force points so I am not sure you would want to. Just ask Jason 😂😂
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:43:37 AM

atmsalad wrote:
The holocrons can't spend force points so I am not sure you would want to. Just ask Jason 😂😂

yeah I just read this, so the holocron cant use force curse but gives it out

they are weird pieces with a lot of weird interactions... wish they didn't exist.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:46:05 AM

atmsalad wrote:

Wait, but wouldn't that actually be really good (potentially)? Extending the life/usefulness of a Holocron? You'd actually get a free use of Sith Alchemy 4, because you could use the Holocron's FP to use Alchemy, then let the Holocron die and give it to someone else.
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 7:53:33 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
Muur Talisman

When this character is defeated, choose 1 ally with the most Force points to immediately gain 4 Force points. That character also gains the Muur Talisman ability and the Sith Alchemy 4 power for the rest of the skirmish. If there is no ally with Force points, this ability cannot be used.

The Holocron wouldn't gain 4 Force Points because Holocrons "cannot gain or spend force points."
It would gain Muur Talisman and Sith Alchemy 4 power. However, since Sith Holocrons only have 6 Force points its chosen ally would only be able to use Sith Alchemy 4 once. After the Sith Holo is defeated "Murr Talisman" would pass on to another force user.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:12:45 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
Muur Talisman

The Holocron wouldn't gain 4 Force Points because Holocrons "cannot gain or spend force points."
It would gain Muur Talisman and Sith Alchemy 4 power. However, since Sith Holocrons only have 6 Force points its chosen ally would only be able to use Sith Alchemy 4 once. After the Sith Holo is defeated "Murr Talisman" would pass on to another force user.

This sounds right.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:14:36 AM

swinefeld wrote:
DarkDracul wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
Muur Talisman

This sounds right.

sweet. can I give him relay orders lol.