Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Leadership Committee discussion Options
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 7:19:16 AM
Groups: Member

jak wrote:
that may be the problem.
we need a more varied pool of people

We have a varied group, but I guess the issue is once people are brought in they are added to the V-SET Team. Not an actual issue in reality, but perception does dictate your reality. For instance, myself and two others were only added to the V-SET Team within the last 2 months. I was just given an actual role on the team within the last month, other than play tester and all around bad ass that is LOL
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 8:10:55 AM

atmsalad wrote:
jak wrote:
that may be the problem.
we need a more varied pool of people

We have a varied group, but I guess the issue is once people are brought in they are added to the V-SET Team. Not an actual issue in reality, but perception does dictate your reality. For instance, myself and two others were only added to the V-SET Team within the last 2 months. I was just given an actual role on the team within the last month, other than play tester and all around bad ass that is LOL

wow!! good for you atm! you are such an elite. congratulations..... Sleep

so here is the issue at hand.
I have been looking over what jak has said every now and than over the past 2 years. literally went back and looked at things. and ya he is over the top and rude sometimes (one time he burned me good) and sometimes smarmy.
however, he has been on point with a lot of things. and has the unique characteristic of being around (and staying around) for a very long time without ever becoming on the inside. Something that Deaths_baine has done as well.
jak would be a very good person to have in a leadership role because he is untainted.
but that will never happen with the current process.

Your post gives me way more caution than almost anything else other than flyingarrow's suggestion that the V-set team do not really care at all (my words from the meaning of what he said "could have stepped in if they anted to) about designs, probably because they can't really do anything anyway because there is no authority to do so. Something Echo and yourself would like to see. A counter/balance/check to design overreach.

Now on to the question of the game.
We have to ask ourselves, have we, as a community, been successful?
well I would say yes and no. than why not?
Well for me and TN it was the way people were treated, the elitist feel of those with authority and the game not being fun because of the designs coming out.
Now than a lot has changed. At a large cost. So was the leadership doing their job back then? if we had a leadership committee from that point would they have made those big mistakes? Would they have listened to play-testers? would they have balanced Durge/poggle/daala/etc?
I would say absolutely, with the right people on board.

So, the community has shifted. The community and leaders have changed the way they approach the game. It is no longer an uber-competitive game. We saw that in the last gencon and regional season. People playing all sorts of awesome fun squads and not trying to play to their utmost competitive nature. Partly because fun squads can be competitive (still not tier 1 in a lot of instance, but have a chance) so if you have a chance and can still play fun it is more worth it to people is the feeling I get.

Which is great!

The growth is.. well it is nonexistent.
We just got a few recent examples of things that should have been stopped. 3720 to 1 and Unkarr Plutt probably being the best examples. The balance committee had to take on NEW powers to be able to address the situation.....
This is ok with me. the more checks and balances the better imo.
But the problem is foreseeable. If something is not done, more problems will arise and it will make people mad and at some point they will just leave the game. another one gone.
Still no growth.

@atm
you say you want the game to grow. I say that the current model is not going to work to accomplish that, people are content. The current model is awesome but the people have done it for so long and some of them are only a part of it from association, not passion.
Now you have someone like jak who has a plethora of experience, knowledge, and wit who has been around from the beginning from the outside and he is overlooked as a resource. I am here to say that he would make a great informant. Someone who can be used to gauge public opinion/community appeal, etc. He has stuck around through it all even after being dismissed by the elites the whole time.
It just so happens that when a leader is a leader for no other reason than that person has contributed in the past they become complacent and content. Its like they are in hibernation for some of the things that HAVE to happen if you want growth.

The way the world works is that you set a goal and than you plan to make it come to pass. If the overall goal is growth of the game the first thing you will need is passionate leaders. The leadership committee I propose would do that. A "revival" of the vset team would do that. There are lots of ways this can go.
Echo24 outlined one.
Start with that. more eyes on the design process, more collaboration between sets for cohesion. Than give the balance committee those extra powers they need to do what needs to be done (will happen naturally most likely). Ask the whole Vset team to get out of hibernation and than stop being so elite.

Is my suggestion. I think jak and deaths_baine should be used on pt committee and/or balance committee.

Sorry to say it atm, but when you go through the "become an elite process" you have a very high chance of actually becoming an elite. I see 2 people on that list that are not that way.

You need more outsiders on the inside. I present you jak and deaths_baine (sorry bro, but I see no way around me feeling good about our leaders without you somewhere in there haha i know i keep throwing your name out).

i know that as an outsider I will feel 100% better knowing that two incorruptibles would be in some of those positions.

So yes.
We need a varied group that is active is what I would say jak is referencing. Active is the key word and incorruptible is the other. Active leaders stop some of the stuff that has happened.
Echo24
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 8:29:44 AM

Has your brother really not told you that he has been on the playtesting committee for months?
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 8:34:35 AM

Echo24 wrote:
Has your brother really not told you that he has been on the playtesting committee for months?

hahahaha

well there is a great start!!!

and no. he doesn't talk to me about stuff like that. I knew he was doing some play testing. but that's it.

#forceawakens ^

I guess that makes me the last jedi
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 12:52:59 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

shmi15 wrote:
I will help play test for sets 15/16. If 15 even needs any help anymore.

We need PT on 15. We need PT on 15. We need PT on 15.
Also, we need PT on set 15.

ThumbsUp
jen'ari
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 1:04:31 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
I will help play test for sets 15/16. If 15 even needs any help anymore.

We need PT on 15. We need PT on 15. We need PT on 15.
Also, we need PT on set 15.

ThumbsUp

who do i bm to pt?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 1:46:35 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

DarkDracul